Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
2mg a day sub user ready to taper
    trmin8ter27 is offline Member

Default 2mg a day sub user ready to taper

Hello,
    So I haven't been on in a while, and posted last week, but don't see my thread so I hope this one goes through ok. I was a pill popper like everyone else 80 to 220 mg of oxy or anything I could get my hands on a day. In aug 2013 I finally saw a doc and was prescribed subs at 24 mg a day, but luckily I had read this forum before starting and was aware I didn't need that much the first day I took 12 mg, but the second only used 8mg weaned down to 6, then 4 and have been on 2mg for about two weeks with thankfully minimal withdrawals, the most I felt was a couple of mins of sweaty coldness that went away pretty quickly and was manageable even at work.

I haven't had a pill in 4 months and 2 weeks which is huge for me! My doc is still giving me 90 strips a month so I have so much subs I don't even know what to do with, I feel great, getting my life back in order as I was spending $500 to $700 a mo on pills, I know pretty pathetic huh , I am still able to be happy and feel joy, which is good bcuz I read someone on here stating they used for so long their mind can no longer release natural endorpins and he wud be on subs the rest of his life. Is his true?? When I quit will I no longer be able to feel happiness or pleasure naturally , lord I hope not! so if anyone can give me some advise or stories it would be much appreciated, and also Im ready to taper so should I taper to 1.75 mg or 1.5 ?? like I mentioned before I tapered 2mg and was pretty much ok, but does it get harder the less you are taking and should I taper on the weekend?? Any thoughts or advise would be welcome, thanx for reading this and I wish you well and success for a sober life whether for u or a loved one suffering from addiction.

Trm27

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by trmin8ter27 View Post
    Hello,
    So I haven't been on in a while, and posted last week, but don't see my thread so I hope this one goes through ok. I was a pill popper like everyone else 80 to 220 mg of oxy or anything I could get my hands on a day. In aug 2013 I finally saw a doc and was prescribed subs at 24 mg a day, but luckily I had read this forum before starting and was aware I didn't need that much the first day I took 12 mg, but the second only used 8mg weaned down to 6, then 4 and have been on 2mg for about two weeks with thankfully minimal withdrawals, the most I felt was a couple of mins of sweaty coldness that went away pretty quickly and was manageable even at work.

I haven't had a pill in 4 months and 2 weeks which is huge for me! My doc is still giving me 90 strips a month so I have so much subs I don't even know what to do with, I feel great, getting my life back in order as I was spending $500 to $700 a mo on pills, I know pretty pathetic huh , I am still able to be happy and feel joy, which is good bcuz I read someone on here stating they used for so long their mind can no longer release natural endorpins and he wud be on subs the rest of his life. Is his true?? When I quit will I no longer be able to feel happiness or pleasure naturally , lord I hope not! so if anyone can give me some advise or stories it would be much appreciated, and also Im ready to taper so should I taper to 1.75 mg or 1.5 ?? like I mentioned before I tapered 2mg and was pretty much ok, but does it get harder the less you are taking and should I taper on the weekend?? Any thoughts or advise would be welcome, thanx for reading this and I wish you well and success for a sober life whether for u or a loved one suffering from addiction.

Trm27
    Trmin I was looking back and found your thread from back when you first started taking subs back in Aug and see we talked to each other back then when you first started subs. Don't worry about what you read from someone else who stated they would be on subs rest there life. You have only been on subs for 4 months so you can taper off in just about 2 more months and you will be fine. Theres a thread here in the sub forum by Ken2727 who jumped off subs Dec 1 and he was on them for over 3 years. I know from looking back at your other thread that you are familiar with the taper plan here by Robert325 and it has worked for thousands of people by now including myself. I do remember you were way over prescribed by your Dr but luckily had already read info from here and did not take the 24 mg. You say you have been on 2 mg for a couple of weeks so you should be ready to drop. By the way if you dropped from 4 mg right down to 2 mg that was a 50% drop which is rather a big drop and rest of the way I would stick with 25% drops at the most. Your next drop should be to 1.5. I would drop to that and see how you feel and if you feel ok get good and stable there before you drop again. Roberts taper plan calls for dosing 4 days at a dose and then dropping 25% again if your stable. The 4 days is by know means written in stone though. My taper lasted 4 months and 3 days and I dosed the first 3 days at a clinic and had to dose in front of them. First day 8 mg days 2 and 3 16 mg then I got my script and dropped to 12 mg right away. Long story short after about 9 weeks I was right where you are now at 2 mg. I did my drops rest of the way on basically a 6 day schedule. I don't know if you are taking any supplements right now but here is what I took daily on mostly what I had read were helpful to take while tapering. 1 multivitamin/multimineral supplement a day. 1 balanced b-100 complex a day. For extra energy if you feel you need it a lot of people take L-Tyrosine with B6 in it. They come in 500 mg pills and I took 1 and sometimes 2 of those a day. Some people it causes them to get jittery so they don't take it. A lot of people complain about RLS when there tapering so I took a couple of potassium pills a day while I was tapering and don't know if had anything to do with it but I never had to deal with RLS. Also its suggested to try to exercise extra if able as its suppose to help out with releasing endorphins to our brains. Trmin I have read a few of the horror stories about people coming off subs and 99% of the time its from usually 1 of the following 2 things that occur. They jumped off at to high off a dose of subs because they ran out of them and could not get more which you will not have a problem with or they were on very high doses of subs for several years and ran into problems there. You have only been on them for a little over 4 months and wisely did not follow your Doctors advise. You have plenty of subs to taper down to as small of a dose as you want. I would suggest going down to .25 before you consider jumping off and if you feel you need to go even lower then that. I was going to jump off at .25 but changed my mind and dropped down to around .18 to .20 dosed there for 6 days then started skipping days befor I jumped off. While on subs a lot of us toward the end of the taper start to get impatient and get it over with. I wanted as little discomfort as possible when I jumped as I figured my odds of relapse were better in my favor if I had minimal discomfort when I jumped. My best wishes to you as you taper on down Trm and keep on posting and let us know how you are doing.

Alex

Lincolnecho is offline Member

I can't add much to what Alex said to get you started.

Here is the link to Kens thread: https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...ead-64043.html

Lincoln

cool thanx for responding alex , ur right I need to familiarize myself with the taper again, and I do worry about the sub horror stories, but I can honestly say each time I went down I really felt extremely minimal w/d symptoms , but I do fear people don't believe me when I say I feel good while tapering and think im lying about the amt I'm take or that I must be taking something else too with it. I only does once a day to break the habbit of taking something several times a day, change my behavior you know ?? I started eating better this month, bcuz when I stopped the pills and over the holidays, I gained like 25 lbs and even then I was still so happy being off pills for the first xmas in years it didn't bother me like it did before (I had lost quite a bit of weight while popping bcuz, as im sure u know opiates work better on an empty stomach), lol but hey I'd rather be a non-pill popping fatty than a skinny junkie any day !!! lol anyhow I exercise daily, eat well, and walk every nite about a mile and I feel good I do get a little down reading the sub horror stories and hope someone reads this and trust when I say taking subs the right way can be a lifesaver and I do encourage anyone who has the chance to get on them to help fight addiction!!! ...ok u did answer my question, my next taper should be to 1.5 for at least 4 days or when I feel stable got it!! I wasn't sure if I needed to go to 1.75 also, sorry dumb question, 1.5 mg is a 1 and 1/2mg strip correct ???

thanx for reading and responding
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-29-2014 at 09:14 PM.

cool thanx for responding alex , ur right I need to familiarize myself with the taper again, and I do worry about the sub horror stories, but I can honestly say each time I went down I really felt extremely minimal w/d symptoms , but I do fear people don't believe me when I say I feel good while tapering and think im lying about the amt I'm take or that I must be taking something else too with it. I only does once a day to break the habbit of taking something several times a day, change my behavior you know ?? I started eating better this month, bcuz when I stopped the pills and over the holidays, I gained like 25 lbs and even then I was still so happy being off pills for the first xmas in years it didn't bother me like it did before (I had lost quite a bit of weight while popping bcuz, as im sure u know opiates work better on an empty stomach), lol but hey I'd rather be a non-pill popping fatty than a skinny junkie any day !!! lol anyhow I exercise daily, eat well, and walk every nite about a mile and I feel good I do get a little down reading the sub horror stories and hope someone reads this and trust when I say taking subs the right way can be a lifesaver and I do encourage anyone who has the chance to get on them to help fight addiction!!! ...ok u did answer my question, my next taper should be to 1.5 for at least 4 days or when I feel stable got it!! I wasn't sure if I needed to go to 1.75 also, sorry dumb question, 1.5 mg is a 1 and 1/2mg strip correct ???

thanx for reading and responding
    Yes 1.5 mg is 1 and 1/2mg Trm. If for some reason you would find yourself uncomfortable at 1.5 which i think you should be fine at then you could just add .25mg or 1/4 of a mg to your dose and that would put you at 1.75. My entire taper which were almost all 25% drops i never noticed feeling any different with any of my drops. If a drop of 25% was going to be hard to measure out i just rounded it out but always made sure my drop was not more then 25%. you are right about at least 4 days or when you feel stable. Do not drop after 4 days if you dont feel completely stable and you should be fine. I never had to miss a single day of work at the end when i started skipping days at the end and when i finally jumped. Do not pay any attention to the horror stories as i already pointed out to you about what is usually involved there. Keep posting as it is helpful i think as one tapers down,

Alex
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-30-2014 at 03:10 AM.
    Lincolnecho likes this.

I tapered to 1.5 mg today after being on 2mg for about 2 or 3 weeks now. I cut a 2mg strip in half and a 1 mg strip in half again and so far so good ! literally the only thing I noticed was a hot flash at like 3pm that went away as quickly as it came (I dose everyday around 8:15 to 8:30 am) I feel positive, my spirits are high the weather sux today where I'm at so I don't think ill be able to do my nightly walk, so I'm going to do some in-home exercise instead to get my endorphins going. I'm a slightly moody, but that's more due to womanly issues than the subs issues. So I will keep doing the 1.5mg for 4 days and take it from there. If I'm good I guess my next taper is 1 mg then??? Should I expect to feel like s**t when I completely taper or does experience say if I taper correctly and at a comfortable pace, I should continue to feel minimal physical and emotional issues?? thoughts and stories are much appreciated, thanx for listening !!!

I tapered to 1.5 mg today after being on 2mg for about 2 or 3 weeks now. I cut a 2mg strip in half and a 1 mg strip in half again and so far so good ! literally the only thing I noticed was a hot flash at like 3pm that went away as quickly as it came (I dose everyday around 8:15 to 8:30 am) I feel positive, my spirits are high the weather sux today where I'm at so I don't think ill be able to do my nightly walk, so I'm going to do some in-home exercise instead to get my endorphins going. I'm a slightly moody, but that's more due to womanly issues than the subs issues. So I will keep doing the 1.5mg for 4 days and take it from there. If I'm good I guess my next taper is 1 mg then??? Should I expect to feel like s**t when I completely taper or does experience say if I taper correctly and at a comfortable pace, I should continue to feel minimal physical and emotional issues?? thoughts and stories are much appreciated, thanx for listening !!!
    Trm good to see you dropped to 1.5 and are feeling ok. Stay there for 4 days and if you feel completely stable when day 5 comes you can drop then. If you need more then 4 days at 1.5 take more days. The 4 days is not written in stone so make sure your feeling ok as if you drop to fast it can mess the whole taper up. Going from 1.5 mg to 1 mg is to big of a drop. That is a 33% drop and at this point of a taper I would not drop more then 25% . The next drop would put you at 1.125 and that would put your next drop at .084. Its totally up to you as you are the one doing the taper but you might want to consider doing this to keep cutting your strips more simple. Go from 1.5 to 1.25 then go to 1 mg. Those would make the next 2 drops a bit lower then 25% but they would still be reductions and that is still moving forward in your taper. Keep up the good job your doing and I will talk with you later

Alex

I posted a new entry earlier this evening, but now don't see it ?? Is the site still having issues with deleting new threads and posts??
    Anyhoo, 2nd day on my taper at 1.5mg. I was little sluggish, and down, but still finished a productive day at work, I'm also on my cycle and failed to exercise the last 2 nites as intended, so Im sure that greatly influenced me physically and emotionally, but I did exercise 2nite for about 30 mins and it definitely raised my spirits all in all I feel typically good.
    I had also mentioned I heard from my dealers "suddenly missing me and wanting to know if I was ok", but really they wanted to see if I had relapsed to my $500 to $700 a month habit so they can start making money again. I deleted both their numbers shortly after quitting pills, but apparently they kept mine just in case, so I didn't recognize the ph# when they called and stupidly answered . It me totally pissed there are people out there hoping I screw up and become a pill junkie again so they can keep living the good life, while my child and I lived like rats cuz of all the money I gave them ! mmmmmmmmmmm but I digress lets face it, I was the one putting the money in their hands and shoving the down my throat, so ultimately I only have myself to blame , but hey that's the past and I'm looking forward to the future, one day at a time. It's interesting to me bcuz I read another post of a member stating the thought of never taking another pill again scared the >>>> out of them and depressed him a lot. It really got me thinking. Right now for me I feel the exact opposite, the thought of taking even one more pill depresses and scares me half to death!!! I actually hope I never pop or have to take another narcotic pill again, oh lord willing I really hope ! I can't even stand to think of what my life was just 4 1/2 months ago, bcuz it's just to painful, sad and makes me soo ashamed of how messed up my life was. I hope really to keep this feeling always to help me stay clean for the rest of my days !!!< anyway to all reading this and still suffering or recovering, keep fighting that good fight and bless u all !!!!

trm27
    Iwantoff2013, alexnt and Kpop like this.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

So glad to hear you're in good spirits and that the thought of ever taking pills again scares you. That's a great thing! So many of us still deal with cravings and such, so it's awesome to hear that you're in a good frame of mind for your recovery.

Keep pushing forward. You will do just fine.
    Take care.
    Kat

Good to see your ok at 1.5 on day 2. I like reading the thought of taking another pill scares you. You mention thinking about the past is painful to you so try to stay into today and look how much better off you are now. We cant change the past but we can prevent it from happening again. You are doing well with your taper so keep up the good work and keep posting your progress here. Talk with you later.

Alex

Trm just wondering how day 3 is going for you. Hope all is well and talk with you later.

Alex

Hello there,
    thanx for the encouragement kat and alex, day 3 on 1.5mg and happy to report I'm doing fine ! No w/d symptoms, my mood is normal and good, I didn't even have any hot flashes today and I worked another full and productive day. I didn't have any energy dips or emotional lows, I exercised this morn so that really got me revved up to start my day. I do have confidence that my next taper to 1.25 should also be good although the strips are getting a little difficult to cut, I had pretty frustrating moment this morning trying to cut 2mg in half with my big work scissors and I ended up wasting 1mg cuz I tried picking it up with my finger and the damn thing slipped on the floor beneath my desk !! lol I didn't want to look like a crazy person crawling around trying to find it so I started all over with another 2mg strip, luckily I have a whole strip sitting in my desk at work so I had plenty to start over with, that being said can someone send me the youtube video showing how to cut into small mgs ? and what should l buy to cut them ?? like little sewing scissors or a razor or something and where do I get that?? Any hoo, getting ready to relax with a movie and 2moro SUPER BOWL !!! lol, I'm actually not that into football, but I do love the commercials , It will be my first pill free super bowl in a couple of years, so I like that. I love learning how to re-live and enjoy my life without pills and so far I have to admit it's been a good journey finding my real self !Again thanx for reading this, I wish anyone who has well !

Trm 27
    Kpop likes this.

Hello there,
    thanx for the encouragement kat and alex, day 3 on 1.5mg and happy to report I'm doing fine ! No w/d symptoms, my mood is normal and good, I didn't even have any hot flashes today and I worked another full and productive day. I didn't have any energy dips or emotional lows, I exercised this morn so that really got me revved up to start my day. I do have confidence that my next taper to 1.25 should also be good although the strips are getting a little difficult to cut, I had pretty frustrating moment this morning trying to cut 2mg in half with my big work scissors and I ended up wasting 1mg cuz I tried picking it up with my finger and the damn thing slipped on the floor beneath my desk !! lol I didn't want to look like a crazy person crawling around trying to find it so I started all over with another 2mg strip, luckily I have a whole strip sitting in my desk at work so I had plenty to start over with, that being said can someone send me the youtube video showing how to cut into small mgs ? and what should l buy to cut them ?? like little sewing scissors or a razor or something and where do I get that?? Any hoo, getting ready to relax with a movie and 2moro SUPER BOWL !!! lol, I'm actually not that into football, but I do love the commercials , It will be my first pill free super bowl in a couple of years, so I like that. I love learning how to re-live and enjoy my life without pills and so far I have to admit it's been a good journey finding my real self !Again thanx for reading this, I wish anyone who has well !

Trm 27
    Trm get a some small scissors that you can find in almost any store in the ladies section and a pair of tweezers for further cutting. I know your working with 8 mg strips like I had to and it is a pain trying to cut them into small pieces. That's where the small scissors come in more handy. One good thing is that you have a bunch of sub strips leftover to work with so you have room for error. For your next drop it will be rather simple going to 1.25. You will just need to take a 1 mg piece cut it in half to get 2 .50 pieces then cut them in half and you will have 4 .25 pieces. Good to read that your doing well on day 3 at 1.5 and you should not even notice when you drop to 1.25. Its actually less then 25% so I don't see you feeling the drop at all. What I did in your case like when you cut 1 mg into 4 .25 pieces is this. If they are not all the same size is I would take the bigger of the 4 with my 1 mg for the day and just keep using the larger ones first. Since you have a bunch of sub strips with small scissors you have room for error so you should be able to get them all very close to the same size. If you google cutting suboxne strips on the very first page there should be a link to a you tube that shows up that shows updated by Randy Cumbie that shows how to cut them. Its from my old taper buddy Harry Smooth who I tapered off of subs with over a year ago. Keep up the good job your doing with your taper and I will talk to you later.

Alex
    trmin8ter27 likes this.

good afternoon ,happy super bowl day !!
    So day 4 at 1.5mg I did wake up with a headache, but have been drinking water like crazy and took some ibprophun for it, Is this normal?? I'm lounging right now being lazy watching you tube videos on pill addiction, to reinforce my plan to stay clean. I worked 6 days straight for a total of 55 hrs. this week so I'm tired, to say the least although I do love the distraction. I am quickly learning that what everyone says is right, u have to keep busy to help with recovery. I also have decided to start NA meetings again, now that I have reliable transportation to get there and plan to reach out to my sponsor (I went to NA meetings for a month 4 yrs. ago, but was taking tramadol at the time and convincing myself I was clean cuz it was better than the lortabs I was taking prior and it was a lower dose of narcotic, but lets face it an apple is an apple even if u cut it half !) so I predictably quit, and that was when I was introduced to my first oxy and the rest was history, as they say . I think I am ready for the next drop, 2moro since this drop from 2 to 1.5mg of subs went so smoothly so per ur post Alex , I watched Harry's youtube video on cutting subs, which actually I learned I wasn't cutting them the most efficient way so that was informative, and I'm going to the store today to get the manicure scissors, mine broke so I needed new ones anyway , and being a woman I already have like 3 pairs of tweezers, so I will be all set.

Anyway just a suggestion, has anyone seen a documentary called American Addict on Netflix ?? Its pretty eye-opening explaining how much pain killers and other opiates and benzos abuse has pretty much quadrupled in the last decade, and how us pill addicts have pretty made the medical industry and pharmaceutical companies billionaires !!! I really hope the DEA crackdown helps stop this major epidemic from exploding even further before my child reaches that vulnerable stage , I am a mother myself and have made the decision that if my child gets seriously hurt or injured, other that while he is physically in the care of health professionals, carefully monitoring his medicine use, I will never allow him (while I have the control) to be prescribed or take narcotics, I am a firm believer they don't help with pain , just help getting u high so you can stand the pain.... well anyway I'm rambling now, so I will stop. Have a good day to all reading this!

Trm27
    Iwantoff2013 and Ken2727 like this.

Glad to hear the taper us going well. I did the same research when a friend of mine went into fairy land after abruptly stopping Xanax. It was bad. Same deal the profit margins are huge. I read it take 1 billion to get a drug to market in the US. That's why it takes so long to address abuse and illnesses that impact few people are not researched as thoroughly.

Back to the taper. I had headaches from time to time. Mostly took Advil and always kept an emergency Motrin 800 just in case. In my case the Advil worked fine.

Glad to hear your stable,

Lincoln

trm good to see that your doing well with your taper and that you are going to start attending NA meetings again. Getting clean is just the beginning of living a drug free life. The saying getting clean is easy it staying clean that is hard is so very true. Keep up the good job and I will talk with you later.

Alex
    Lincolnecho likes this.

Firefire is offline Member

Hello trm,learning how to cut them to proper size was half the battle once you figure it out it takes alittle stress off.as you have heard it is very important to cut only by 25 percent each time.good luck and stay busy.ff

hello again,
    thanx for everyone posting and the encouragement !!
    Day 1 on my taper to 1.25mg, and man u guys weren't kidding it is getting harder to cut those little suckers into such small pieces, but I got some manicure scissor last nite and cut enough for the next 3 days, and stored them in a $.98 pill keeper I found at walmart, so I'm ready and not tempted to take more than needed. Today I was fine, just another headache, but drank lots of water and had my ib 800 mg on hand which help.
    I was able to work a full day and some OT. My mood is normal and positive and I'm getting ready to exercise to feel even better. I'm real confident about this taper, but if I'm being honest , a little apprehensive about what is going to happen when I taper down below 1mg and or make that final jump. Should I do it on the weekend, or for the most part people able to still work and function normally during the whole process? My biggest worry is work, as things are super busy and I must keep up my stamina and be focused and alert!!,.........Hey just a thought what do I do with all these subs once I'm done and jumped ?? I wish I could donate them to like a detox place or rehab center, seems such a waste to just throw them away, I have read so many stories about people not having enough subs, and not being able to afford them and I have like 120 at my disposable for free!, Seems unfair I wish there was a way I could help others with them ... anyway if anyone has any suggestions, let me know.. maybe sell them on E-bay lol j/k about the ebay part.

Ok everyone I wish u all well !!!
    Trm27

hello again,
    thanx for everyone posting and the encouragement !!
    Day 1 on my taper to 1.25mg, and man u guys weren't kidding it is getting harder to cut those little suckers into such small pieces, but I got some manicure scissor last nite and cut enough for the next 3 days, and stored them in a $.98 pill keeper I found at walmart, so I'm ready and not tempted to take more than needed. Today I was fine, just another headache, but drank lots of water and had my ib 800 mg on hand which help.
    I was able to work a full day and some OT. My mood is normal and positive and I'm getting ready to exercise to feel even better. I'm real confident about this taper, but if I'm being honest , a little apprehensive about what is going to happen when I taper down below 1mg and or make that final jump. Should I do it on the weekend, or for the most part people able to still work and function normally during the whole process? My biggest worry is work, as things are super busy and I must keep up my stamina and be focused and alert!!,.........Hey just a thought what do I do with all these subs once I'm done and jumped ?? I wish I could donate them to like a detox place or rehab center, seems such a waste to just throw them away, I have read so many stories about people not having enough subs, and not being able to afford them and I have like 120 at my disposable for free!, Seems unfair I wish there was a way I could help others with them ... anyway if anyone has any suggestions, let me know.. maybe sell them on E-bay lol j/k about the ebay part.

Ok everyone I wish u all well !!!
    Trm27
    Trm I already mentioned this to you but am going to again. I never felt any of my drops even when I got below 1 mg and all the way down to .20. I never had to miss a single day of work and there are several others including Linc that did not either. Just follow the taper and always make sure you are stable befor dropping and you will be ok. My symptoms when I jumped were very minimal and very tolerable. As for the extra subs most people just throw them away or have a burn party with them. Talk with you later.

Alex

I know how you feel, it's scary because in terms of withdrawal and traditional opiates, less is bad and more good. Subs are the opposite. I don't know why, but less is better. I'm pretty sure Alex told me that one.

I got all worked up mentally about dropping below 1mg. As long as we are stable for at least 4 days and drop at most 25% the taper is smooth. Like I said before other than a few headaches. Everything was fine. I never missed a day of work and my performance increased dramatically during and after the taper.

Like Alex said NA is a great tool. During my taper the guys convinced me to try a couple meeting. It was amazing how my perception of recovery changed when I stopped taking pills. I'm not suggesting you dive into service and hit meetings day and night. A couple a week is a good start.

Anyway, your doing great. A couple headaches pales in comparison to full blown WD.

Keep up the good work.

Lincoln
    Iwantoff2013, Ken2727 and alexnt like this.

good evening everyone,
    day 2 of 1.25 mg taper, again nothing bad to report, didn't even have a headache, today and yes Alex I do believe u have mentioned to me a couple of times that as long as I stick with the taper it should end well with no work missed I think I just need some reminders to keep me positive about it and not worrying so much. I do think that because I've only used dosed once a day throughout this whole taper, will help when I jump since I dose at like 8am in the morn and have nothing the rest of the day. I do believe as everyone says the hardest part will be mostly mental so I will try a couple of meetings as planned. Hey someone mentioned about an online support N/A type group as well (besides this awesome one of course ) I think its called smart recovery or something ?? Has anyone tried this or is the general consensus its best to go to meetings in person?? Well again thanks for the encouragement , I'm doing good I think I felt a slight bit of chills and coldness again nothing at all noteworthy (for anyone reading this ready to do their own taper) and 150 times better than true opiate w/d , ur right Lincoln !! I'm getting anxious now to be done with the subs entirely so I can start counting my true clean days, today is 158 of no pills so I fell good about that, but will feel great when it's 155 of no pills and no subs !!!, wishing everyone well .

Trm27

I know a lot of people will say its best to go to face to face meetings like NA or AA, and I agree. But, I have experience with Smart Recovery and I love their program. It's actually not like a 12 step program. Most people prefer one or the other because they're two very different programs. I use both just to stay motivated.

Smart stands for self management and recovery training. They have online meetings every day. It's pretty cool. There are some face to face meetings but they're few and far between. Smart teaches you how to change addictive behaviors and thinking. Check it out!

Kat
    Ken2727 likes this.

kat, thanx I will, it must have been one of ur posts where I read about smart, come to think of it so thank u for the tip !!
    So day 3 of 1.25 mg of sub, no physical or w/d issues at all, did have some major aggravation at work, so afterwards, while driving home I had to do some mental relaxation and clear my mind of all issues and left my stress at work where it belongs!! I didn't have any sort of craving for pills so that was good as I have mentioned in previous posts, the thought of pills does not make me yearn, but really sad ashamed, and angry at myself, so for the past couple of months I have not allowed myself to think of the past and what I did, but focus on the day, to keep me positive and strong, I'm re-learning how to live everyday, emotion, problem , and anything in my life w/o popping a pill and I definitely prefer this way of living !!!, Well off to exercise and decompress even more! thanx for reading !!
    Trm27

Good to see your taper is going along well for you Trm. You mention focusing on the present and that is what I try to do myself. We cant change the past but we can avoid going back to that way of life. You are doing very well so keep it up and keep posting your progress as you move ahead. Talk with you later.

Alex

hello day 4 of 1.25 mg taper,
    Well I'm good, worked another full day, I felt slightly clammy this morn, about an hr before my dose, but nothing I couldn't handle, and went away pretty quickly after I dosed, I had a slight runny nose last nite, but I went walking and it was kind of cold, so it could have very well been that, but exercising helps soo much it totally keeps my mood good and energy high. I think next payday I will invest the L-tes, or something ?? what's it called again? It has been recommended several times on other posts I have read for energy, and there was something else I can't remember, ...kat if u read this, or if anyone is reading this and knows the vitamins I am talking about could u please post them for me?? Overall this taper is going really well, I remain positive for the end of it. Tomorrow I will go ahead and drop to 1mg. I already have the strips cut and ready to go!.... I do have one more dumb question I did re-read the Robert_325 taper plan again in full, but am a little confused on what I drop to after the 1mg ?? I know it says 25 %, every 4 days or until stable, so after the 1mg I go to .75 correct (3/4) of a 1mg strip?? and then .5, (1/2) of a 1mg strip, and then .25 (1/4) of the 1mg strip, and then start skipping days right ?? what exactly is .125 tho?? Sorry guys I suck at math !, so please post responses thanx again for reading

Trm27

So glad to see things are well!

The supplement you asked about is called L-Tyrosine. Gotta take it with B6 for it to work properly.

From 1 mg go to .75 mg. From there, some people drop to .675 mg first because going from .75 to .5 is slightly more than 25% -- but that's up to you. From .5 mg you drop to .375 mg, then to .25 mg.

Some people skip days after stabilizing at .25 mg, others go to .125 mg (which is half of a .25). Up to you depending on how you feel.

Listen to your body throughout the taper and you will know what to do.

All the best,
    Kat
    alexnt likes this.

trm i see Kath already gave you the name of the supplement you were asking about. I also took a mutivitamin/multimineral supplement a day and also a balanced B-100 compex a day and took a couple of potassium pills a day while i was tapering. You are correct in going to 1 mg next drop followed by .75. When you get to .75 we can figure out then what you should try nest drop. You are doing great and i just want to remind you of one thing. Make sure you are completely stable before you do any of your drops. If you feel you need an extra day at a dose before dropping then take the extra day. Dont worry for now about future drops as we can deal with them as they approach. I plan on being around here for the rest of your taper. Once i start following someones taper i always love watching them get closer and closer to being sub free. Talk with you later.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Alex and Kat
    thanks guys for the info. I am making a list of the vitamins so next payday ill go right to the store Can I Get them at Wal-Mart or should I go to like GNC, CVS or Walgreens ???

Day 1 of 1mg was fine, I hot like two hot flashes that went way as quickly as they came and that was it.

The closer I get the more excited I get and anxious to be done. I am truly grateful for the subs and I will strongly endorse them to anyone intending to use the most minimal dose and for what they are intended for , to help get through narcotic w/d and be completely drug free !!!

I know as addicts we are supposed to take it one day at a time and enjoy and celebrate each sober day we have, and I know I am not considered completely clean until I stop the subs, but I'm grateful for the life tools it has allowed me to start developing. Like no more chasing pills, spending a fortune, and popping all day long just to get through the day, no more morning "oxy hangovers", with cottonmouth, nausea, and headaches, and trying to wake up through a fog of cloudiness while feeling like there are led weights on ur eyelids that won't allow them to open. I don't miss catching myself nodding off in the middle of a normal activity, like watching tv, sitting straight up, with my mouth wide open and droll coming out. I don't miss watching with absolute self disgust and envy people around me living life sober, paying their bills on time, and being happy while I look down in shame wondering if they know my horrible secret, if they can see inside my head that I'm an addict. No more waking up and hating myself every moment of the day constantly living a lie and fall asleep every nite with the thought in my head "Will I wake up in the morning or will this be the nite the pills finally get me???. .... It's wonderful to like and respect myself again to know I am worth something, I deserve to be one of those people I envied for so long , I'm finding myself again and I feel great......OH WOW here come the tears LOL. ...I'm sorry guys to go off on a tangent, but I've been feeling sooo many things through out the last couple of months, good feelings that I was so numb too while using, so sometimes out of nowhere I get teary eyed and I don't even know why LOL ???? Ok, Ok enough of taking everyone's time, but again day 1 of 1mg was another good day !!! thanx again for reading I wish everyone a happy and sober life !

day 2 of 1mg taper feeling fine I exercised and walked for an hr totally cleared my head I read some recent posts of ruth's the artists thread and WOW !!! Talk about an, eye -opening, punch-in-ur gut reality check that was very much needed!! That women really knows her s**t to say the least !! I thought about her words my whole walk and realize I do have a long, long, road ahead of me, but again I feel completely ready and have never wanted anything more in my life than to be and stay clean !!! She also mentioned Phillip Seymour Hoffman who happened to be one of my fav actors, he was brilliant, but even him, a famous, awesomely talented, rich successful person can succumb to addiction it really puts in perspective that this disease doesn't see color, class, gender, intelligence, just anyone with slight weakness and pounces !!! Well everything that has happened, everything I have read and posted just makes me more and more determined to be clean !!
    I will do this!! I can Do this !!I have to do this !!!
    thanx again for reading

Trm27
    Iwantoff2013 and alexnt like this.

Wow...

What you said describes exactly how I feel: "I don't miss watching with self-disgust and envy people who are living life sober and happy..."

Yep. That's how I've felt for so many years. I can't wait for the day when I'm off subs and feel "normal" again. To wake up and not feel tired all day. To not have constant thoughts about how my taper is going and when will it be over. To actually want to get back to living life rather than watching from the sidelines. To return to my regular, happy, outgoing, positive self.

Glad all is going well with your taper! Stay strong.
    Kat

P.S. I get my supplements at a local health food/vitamin store. I'm not sure if Walmart carries all the ones you're looking for.

Phillip Seymour Hoffman was one of my favorite actors too. It's such a shame.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-08-2014 at 08:58 PM.
    alexnt likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast