• 1 Post By Randy35
  • 1 Post By Sooo done1
  • 1 Post By Randy35
  • 1 Post By Sooo done1
  • 1 Post By Ming23
2nd day on subs so confused
    Sooo done1 is offline New Member

Default 2nd day on subs so confused

Hi, this is my 2nd day on subs. I'm on 8mg a day. I have been Reading all these threads for quite some time now, and I am so confused!!! I don't know direction to take I've tried to look up Roberts taper plan and can't find it anywhere. Dr. told me to take half in the morning and if I needed to take the other half last night, but with all the stuff I read on here, like you need to take it at the same time every day. Maybe I started out on to high of a dose??? it's just so confusing I'm hoping some of the senior members can help me and respond I don't want to be on the stuff long-term I just want to do it right and be clean again! Someone please help and give me some advice.
    Thank you so much in advance!!! I see all the help these people get on here and this site is so Full of support, I just don't want to do this alone and do the wrong thing!!! J

zebra1961 is offline Member

welcome! Can you give us some background such as what your on how long, I think we can give you some good info just need some more information, 8mgs is a high dose but it depends on what and how much you were on. With subs less is better and short term use is better, it is addictive also but for a few days until we here more from you it wont hurt you, you should not get addicted the first week so tells us more we will help all we can.
    Sooo done1 likes this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sooo done1 View Post
    Hi, this is my 2nd day on subs. I'm on 8mg a day. I have been Reading all these threads for quite some time now, and I am so confused!!! I don't know direction to take I've tried to look up Roberts taper plan and can't find it anywhere. Dr. told me to take half in the morning and if I needed to take the other half last night, but with all the stuff I read on here, like you need to take it at the same time every day. Maybe I started out on to high of a dose??? it's just so confusing I'm hoping some of the senior members can help me and respond I don't want to be on the stuff long-term I just want to do it right and be clean again! Someone please help and give me some advice.
    Thank you so much in advance!!! I see all the help these people get on here and this site is so Full of support, I just don't want to do this alone and do the wrong thing!!! J

Welcome!

Here's the link to Robetr's Sub Plan below -

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

Seeing as you've already inducted you can skip to the taper section if you want. The taper plan is explained in detail.

The 8mg the doctor gave you is a very high dose. Usually only those coming from methadone ever require a dose of sub that high. We can work with that dose so don't be alarmed. And yes, you want to take the same dose(s) at the same time everyday. This keeps a level amount of sub in your system which will help you feel your best.

You can take one single dose or split the dose at this point. Up to you. If you do split and take 2 daily doses take the first in the morning and the second about 8-10 hours later in the day. Try not to take the sub close to bedtime as sub can keep some people awake and interfere with sleep.

The rest goes according to the sub plan.....reduce your dose by 25% every 4 or so days. Only reduce when stable which means little or no wd symptoms. You might have to spend 4 days on one dose and 5 or more days on another. As you reduce each dose it may take a day or two before your body accepts the newer dose. Usually on the 3rd day of reducing you're going to feel good.

You said you want to do this right and this is the way to do it, by following the plan closely. You should plan on spending a few more days on the 8mg then reduce by 25% down to 6mg per day, and so on. Your goal is to get down to at least .25mg (1/4 of 1mg) per day. The plan takes around 6-8 weeks and that will give you time to clear your head of addicitve thoughts.

Sub can be addictive IF taken in huge doses for months and months including years as some people have done. If you follow the sub taper plan you have no worries about becoming addicted to the sub.

Hope this helps. Ask all the questions you have.

Randy
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-13-2017 at 07:37 PM.
    UncleLeo and Sooo done1 like this.

UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

+1 What they said.

And Randy how have you been? Been wonderin about you...not sure if you've just been busy or I just haven't seen your posts, or life thew the usual curveball? Hope you're well too.
    Sooo done1 likes this.

Thank you all so much for replying! I have been following all 3 of your replies on other threads, and you all seem to really help people and give sound advice! Ok so I was an IV user over 30 years ago and stopped cold turkey, was a lot younger back then lol but was clean all these years until about 3 1/2 years ago. Started with a percscription of narco, then you know the drill, and here I am 3 years later taking Oxys and percs. I was taking 160+ mgs a day and of course wasent doing it for me! I tryed quitting on my own with no luck so I got on subs before I switched to H I figured the subs were a much better choice!! I had heard good things about this sub doctor but you guys seem to know SO much more about them then he did!!! I want to do this the right way and get off this stuff as soon as I can. I will follow these steps perfectly and maybe I can go another 30 years clean?? Thank you so much I was so excited when I woke up this morning and saw your replies!! I had posted on another thread I think the " need to talk " a few days before I started. I'm glad I finally got to the right thread!! J

Thank you for the link to the taper plan. 1 question? Should I start the taper plan tomorrow? As I started it on Monday, or wait a week? That's the only part that's got me confused. I will follow this to a tee but am just confused on when to start today is day 4 for me at 8mg daily

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Hi and Welcome!

If today is Day 4 at 8mg, you may be ready to reduce tomorrow. How are you feeling? If you are symptom free (or nearly) then you are stable and you can reduce to 6mg. You may not even feel much difference because you'll still be taking a fairly high dose.

If you are not stable, then you should stay put until you are. It shouldn't take you more than another day or two but just be sure you are symptom free before you reduce. This will stand true with every reduction you make moving forward. Good luck!

Peace,

Cat.
    Randy35 and Sooo done1 like this.

Thank you for the link to the taper plan. 1 question? Should I start the taper plan tomorrow? As I started it on Monday, or wait a week? That's the only part that's got me confused. I will follow this to a tee but am just confused on when to start today is day 4 for me at 8mg daily

Yes, you should reduce tomorrow by 25% down to 6mg per day. You won't even notice the dose reduction seeing as how strong the sub is. Spend 4 days on 6mg then reduce again on the 5th day by 25% down to 4.5mg per day. Spend 4 days on 4.5mg and if stable reduce again by 25% and so on. Just follow the plan and you'll do fine. If you have trouble figuring the doses out or how to cut them just let us know and we can certainly help you with that part.

Randy
    Sooo done1 likes this.

Thank you so much Randy I appreciate it. That's what I was thinking just wanted to be sure. Yea cutting those will be a challenge once you get down so low! Thank you for replying to me!! J
    Randy35 likes this.

Thank you Cat I have very minimum symptions, So I'm gonna go to 6 tomorrow. You guys are amazing! Thank you for your help and advice! I will follow these instructions exactly! Thanks again!!!

Thank you so much Randy I appreciate it. That's what I was thinking just wanted to be sure. Yea cutting those will be a challenge once you get down so low! Thank you for replying to me!! J

Hey J -

Just for you and others reading along, it's possible to be a little more agressive with the taper if you're on very high doses of 8mg to 24mg for example. You take take it a little faster getting down to around 6mg give or take a couple mgs. But once you get down to around 4mg or so you need to slow down and take your time. Can't make it a race at that point. Slow and steady wins every time.

Do you have the film strips or the pills? The film is much easier to cut into small amounts, but the pills can be a challenge sometimes. We have ways of getting any dose needed (film or sub pills) when the time comes so don't worry about it right now.

Randy
    Ming23 likes this.

Thought I was just depressed but??? My head is really messed up! But I am having other personal issues also right now can't tell if it's that I'm not stable or if these issues are just getting to me I have no idea? I have the strips so you're saying that I could actually go from 8 to 4 right now or is that too much of a drop?? And then steady and slow once I get to for some thinking of doing this tomorrow 8 to 4 per day is that correct any ideas thanks a lot for your help I totally appreciate it
    Ming23 likes this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Sooodone
    Randy suggested going down to 6mg in his earlier post. Try that. Hang in there!

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Yes, you should reduce tomorrow by 25% down to 6mg per day. You won't even notice the dose reduction seeing as how strong the sub is. Spend 4 days on 6mg then reduce again on the 5th day by 25% down to 4.5mg per day. Spend 4 days on 4.5mg and if stable reduce again by 25% and so on. Just follow the plan and you'll do fine. If you have trouble figuring the doses out or how to cut them just let us know and we can certainly help you with that part.

Randy
    This is where he suggests dropping to 6mg
    Sooo done1 likes this.