4 days off Subutex- question!
    Jadazio is offline New Member

Default 4 days off Subutex- question!

I have been on subutex for almost 4 years, starting at 16 mg tapered down to 1mg. I have a month off, so I decided to jump off as opposed to tapering lower. I'm on day 4 with no sub, and it's not bad at all. I am taking clonidine, Valium, and muscle relaxers to help with the symptoms. I feel yucky of course, but nothing like withdrawal from other substances, which was absolute hell. So here's my question- is this gonna get worse? I know subutex has a long half life, and I have read that days 4-9 can be the worst. Am I going to start feeling more severe withdrawal? Also, I'm a little concerned about the Valium (10 mg pills which I broke in halves). I've never taken benzos before, but i knew i needed it to get through this after reading other people's experiences. this is what ive taken- On day 1, I took 10 mg. on day two I took 25 mg, day three 25 mg, and today 10 mg so far. How much is appropriate to be taking to help me with withdrawal? How long should I continue taking it- a week? Two? A month? And how do I get myself off it once I feel ready to be totally medicine free? Do I taper that too?

I'm worried that the worst is yet to come, but I hope I am wrong. If anyone could give me some advice or personal experience, it would be greatly appreciated!

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hi, congrats on getting free of Subutex! Ive been on it since 2006 so I can totally relate. You could do a rather quick taper from 1 mg, but if you'd rather go CT then more power to ya. I would say yes, the wd's will get a bit worse. How bad, I'm not sure. What are your symptoms now? As far as Valium, please be careful. Seems like you're taking a very high dose every day. In my opinion, I would take much less. Benzos can be helpful while in WD, but are highly addictive after a short period of time. Only take a small dose if absolutely necessary. You can probably avoid having to taper the Valium if you only take very little for like a week or so. Some other members will drop in to help you as well. I wish you the best!