Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By alexnt
62 days off subs , you can do it!!
    laydee is offline Junior Member

Smile 62 days off subs , you can do it!!

Just wanted to share an update. Im mow 62 days sub free. If I can do it then so can all of you. Ive gotten my life back on track. I recieved an amazing promotion at work. And spending lots of time with my children n doing so many activities. Its like I was sleeping for 2yrs and im finally awake. I couldnt ask for more. Thank you all for the support I recieved through all the hard times. I dont have any cravings and im only looking forward toward my bright future. Hope this inspires anyone who may need it. Good luck to you all. Any questions im always here for you all. Ttfn jaimie

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Congrats Jaimie! That is wonderful. I'm really happy for you. No cravings? And a promotion? Nice! Looks like you've been blessed. Never look back.

All the best,
    Kat

auburn girl is offline Member

Congrats Jaimie!

Member21 is offline Junior Member

Congrats to you. It gives me hope because I'm in a nightmare of Sub withdrawal from 2 mgs and now it's day 17. I'm still trying to find out when there's an end to this nightmare. How did you keep your job. I'm too weak and shaky to work and already missed 2 weeks.

Blessings

Thanl you all so much. Nope no cravings at all. Never did. Guess I got lucky this time around. Only looking forward. U asked about work? When addicted to opiods for 2yrs I lost my job n house. But when I went on subs after about 6 months I felt I could work again n start over. As far as withdrawels went I jumped at .5mgs and it only lasted 6 days. Day 3 n 4 being the worst. So I only missed a few days of work. But I can definatly relate from past experience. I went through withdrawels so bad the first time it lasted 28days of horrible in hell torture till I landed in the psych hospital in icu. I was taking seizures and hadnt eaten for 21days. So I feel ur pain. It will get better it just takes time. What hurt me was I came off xanex at the same time n thats a big no no!!!! Keep truckin ur doing great. Ttfn jaimie

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Jaimie i have never spoken to you before this but just reading your post makes me happy for you. Isnt it great to be free of drugs and living a good life now. Big congrats on 62 days.

Alex
    laydee likes this.

Thanks alex, yes it feels amazing. Im not a walking zombie anymore and I actually have feelings, imagine that lol, I cant even describe how wonderful it feels to play with the kids n take them out n to disneyworld. And just enjoy life again. I will never go back!! Life is to short. Ive learned a hard lesson. I just hope that I can pay it forward to someone. Maybe my experience can help someone here! Thank you again...jaimie

Yogachic is offline New Member

So I'm 28 days clean off Norco, other pills and booze. I got a total of 10 8 mg suboxone from someone in NA. I didn't know about half life's, WD, none of that until it was too late. I just knew that when I took a piece, I felt normal, could function, and lost my cravings. All sub drs near me I can't afford. So I last took 4mgs. On Sunday. (2 doses of 2mg) I have none left. Today I felt really depressed, but I worked, exercised, and carried on with my day, plus hit two meetings. My question is this: am I going to go into some horrible withdrawal from that many subs? Because of all the half life business? I feel so stupid for ever taking them, but I was so miserable, and just wanted to die. They said it would help me feel better, so I went for it. I hate being an addict. It's eaten up so much of my life. I've been reading these boards, and they give me hope, but I'm also scared. So Jaimie, Kat, and Alex, what do you think? Am I coming up on some pain?
    Kelli

Yogachic is offline New Member

Also, sorry, I didn't mean to hijack this thread, I should've probably started my own. Jaimie, you are my hero with 62 days. Amazing!
    Kelli

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yogachic View Post
    So I'm 28 days clean off Norco, other pills and booze. I got a total of 10 8 mg suboxone from someone in NA. I didn't know about half life's, WD, none of that until it was too late. I just knew that when I took a piece, I felt normal, could function, and lost my cravings. All sub drs near me I can't afford. So I last took 4mgs. On Sunday. (2 doses of 2mg) I have none left. Today I felt really depressed, but I worked, exercised, and carried on with my day, plus hit two meetings. My question is this: am I going to go into some horrible withdrawal from that many subs? Because of all the half life business? I feel so stupid for ever taking them, but I was so miserable, and just wanted to die. They said it would help me feel better, so I went for it. I hate being an addict. It's eaten up so much of my life. I've been reading these boards, and they give me hope, but I'm also scared. So Jaimie, Kat, and Alex, what do you think? Am I coming up on some pain?
    Kelli
    Yoga it is hard to predict how you are going to feel. Is there any possible way for you to obtain any more subs and do a taper? If you took your last dose on Sunday then i would guess by Wed which it now is early in the morning then it will start to hit you. Sorry i canr give you a reak answer as i have never had to go thru what you are doing. Maybe you should look up the Thomas Recipie and try it out. best wishes to you.

Alex

Its fine u can write anything u want here. If u only had 10 8mg subs and were taking about 4mgs a day then u only took subs for like 3 or 4 days?? I dont think its subs that are gonna give u withdrawels as much as u coming off narco n then masking that addiction with subs. Hmm its a tricky question. Just let us know what happens and if withdrawels start. If it is sub withdrawels then today is when they will start. If its narco then im sure it has already begun. Either way u werent on subs for long so I dont think u were addicted to them right? Please write back and fill us in. But jumping from 4mg is really high. If it does start then u may need to see a doc and get at least a 1 month supply just to taper down properly. Sending you blessings and prayers. Best of luck to you.... ttfn jaimie

SetMeFree is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by laydee View Post
    Its fine u can write anything u want here. If u only had 10 8mg subs and were taking about 4mgs a day then u only took subs for like 3 or 4 days?? I dont think its subs that are gonna give u withdrawels as much as u coming off narco n then masking that addiction with subs. Hmm its a tricky question. Just let us know what happens and if withdrawels start. If it is sub withdrawels then today is when they will start. If its narco then im sure it has already begun. Either way u werent on subs for long so I dont think u were addicted to them right? Please write back and fill us in. But jumping from 4mg is really high. If it does start then u may need to see a doc and get at least a 1 month supply just to taper down properly. Sending you blessings and prayers. Best of luck to you.... ttfn jaimie
    10 8 mg subs would last 20 days if you took 4 mg a day. Jumping from 4 mg after that long is going to be pretty tough. A proper taper would be much better.

Ur right. I was on 2mg subs for so long I wasnt adding correctly. See what drugs do to ur brain lol

MadMax03801 is offline Banned

Jaimie, thank you for the update. I needed some encouragement. Two months drug free, that's truly awesome! I can relate to what you say as far as feeling like a zombie on subs. It took me a long time to figure out it was the subs that were making me feel so damn tired all the time and just plain depressed. I asked my doctor about it several times and he was always like, "No, it shouldn't be the subs making you feel that way" and instead trying just about every SSRI, SNRI, etc. on the market. Nothing worked! Finally last year, I tried doing ECT, the depression was so consuming! The ECT would help, but the depression would come back. Due to the second round of ECT treatments in the fall, I lost my job! I had talked to my sub-doc about tapering a few times, but he always discouraged it, and said that I wasn't stable enough because of my depression. This spring, I decided to just start trying to taper and see what happens. After getting down to 4 (from 8) and really stabilizing for a couple weeks, I felt much better! My energy and motivation was starting to return! Right now, I am almost down to 2 and I plan to stay at 2 for awhile and really try and get my life back on track. I went from 2.5 to 2.25 on Sunday (I'd been at 2.5 for a week) and the last few days have been really tough psychologically. I just feel really sad and tired and blah until I take my suboxone (I try to hold out till 3 in the afternoon.) I'm wondering how long it will take to feel better again and stabilize at 2. I hope not too awful long. It's great to hear positive reports from those who've kicked this drug to the curb totally. (Don't get me wrong though, I'm greatful for suboxone as it helped me kick an even bigger monster. I was just on it for waaaaay too long!)

Hi and congrats on the taper. Stay were u are for now and get stable. Slow n steady ok? Trust me u will be down before u know it. And ur doing so great . I have severe anxiety and panic and depression. Im bipolar. And since ive been off the subs I swear im a new person. Ur depression will ease up. Your brain just needs to adjust without the higher dose. Congrats again. If u ever just wanna talk im always here. Ttys jaimie