• 3 Post By TJSMommy
  • 1 Post By momtobe2016
  • 1 Post By TJSMommy
  • 1 Post By Lisajarvis
  • 1 Post By B-Y
7 Days off subs now!
    TJSMommy is offline New Member

Default 7 Days off subs now!

I've been cruising the forums for awhile now. Basically, I'm a typical opiate addict. Went to a sub doctor in January 2009 and he rx'd me 32mgs a day of sub. Figured out super fast to take 4mgs & got to 2 in a few weeks. My insurance plan required 90 day rx's when possible. Stuck with the doc about 6 months before I realized he's useless. I stayed on 2mgs a day until this last year when I realized holy >>>> I've been taking this longer than I abused opiates. Gradually took smaller and smaller pieces of the pills. Mine had gotten down to just the powder in the bottom because the bottle was so old. Was putting a few sprinkles in my mouth every few days. Last week I forgot to put the bottle up and walked in as my son was dumping it in the sink. (He's not old enough to know what it is he was just dumping things down the drain cause he does that with everything - autism) I'm now 7 days off subs. Had some mood swings, RLS & anxiety. But I have klonopin rx'd & take clonidine for my BP. My husband was fully aware and beyond supportive.

All this to say - today I woke up happy to be alive, clear headed & feel not so bad! Energy could be better - but the clear head is amazing! I didn't know I was so cloudy!

So, there's my short version of my story!

Big shout out to Ming, iluv2smile & ehm & ehm as I've read a lot of your stuff. Thank you for supporting me and not even knowing! Hoping to pay it forward.

Jo

momtobe2016 is offline Junior Member

Congrats, TJs Mommy! I am a couple days ahead of you, and it feels good to be actually alive--clearheaded and able to feel things. Never thought I would say that, and I am sure the road ahead is not all roses and sunshine, but it feels good today. Good for you for doing this for yourself and your family! Your full presence is their lives is the best gift you can give them. Congrats, and best of luck in your recovery journey!
    TJSMommy likes this.

TJSMommy is offline New Member

Thanks momtobe!!! Congrats to you on baby & being off subs.
    My blood pressure is out of control but I feel so clear headed it's amazing!

Question if anyone knows this - my bp is high. Way high. When I was pregnant I did bed rest. But when it's high bc it was getting high anyway & then I finished my sub taper (it has gone way up being off) do I rest more or stay busy?
    Ming23 likes this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TJSMommy View Post
    Thanks momtobe!!! Congrats to you on baby & being off subs.
    My blood pressure is out of control but I feel so clear headed it's amazing!

Question if anyone knows this - my bp is high. Way high. When I was pregnant I did bed rest. But when it's high bc it was getting high anyway & then I finished my sub taper (it has gone way up being off) do I rest more or stay busy?
    Hey Tjs
    Do u monitor your pressure and are u on BP meds? U can have a stroke (my friend just did) from high BP. Have u talked to your doctor? Are u eating well? I was able to stop my BP meds during my taper and have maintained good numbers since then. High BP is very dangerous--don't want to stroke out. Congrats on Day 7! You're doing great!!

Lisajarvis is offline Junior Member

Congrats to you for getting off. I'm on day 20 now after being on subutex for over ten years. Soooo glad to be finally off it!!! Xx
    Ming23 likes this.

B-Y
    B-Y is offline New Member

Congratulations, and I hope you're still doing well, my last dose was on 12-27-2015 and am starting to make some decent recovery gains! remember to take it one hour at a time and soon it will be over and you (all of us) will be FREE!!
    Hearshot_Kid likes this.

Hearshot_Kid is offline Junior Member

Congrats on your freedom!! Stick around and keep us posted, it's encouraging for those of us tapering right now

James19871 is offline Member

Congrats everyone!! Day 52 off suboxone for me. I was on that garbage for 12 years. Couldn't be happier to finally be free!!