Like Tree14Likes
  • 2 Post By Iwantoff2013
  • 2 Post By melindau
  • 2 Post By Ken2727
  • 1 Post By Gabe420
  • 1 Post By Gabe420
  • 4 Post By Iwantoff2013
  • 2 Post By Iwantoff2013
8th day without Suboxone what should I do?
    Gabe420 is offline New Member

Exclamation 8th day without Suboxone what should I do?

Okay guy's so like a wk ago I made a post about stopping taking suboxone and I guess some how my post got deleted someone mentioned into helping me out and I think the person's username was Iwantoff2013, "Kat" or something idk. Anyways so I have been 8 day's without suboxone the 1st 3-4 day's I took Valium and Tramadol also methadone and Xanax here and there and I did not have bad withdraws and past 2-3 days I feel kinda weird but still okay and normal. I guess since I was on such a low daily dose of suboxone I did not feel it soo bad , I'm sleeping well but have a very low appetite and very depressed also I did not take anything since yesterday but smoke some weed and plan on same today. I've read someones post today and saw that they stopped taking suboxone after a long time and it wasn't till the 14th day they started getting sick and throwing up so idk what I should do also my doctor dose not know any of this because I make sure I'm clean every Monday and some times they don't test me because I've been good on test results and don't get tested so I get lucky. . What I wanna know and I probably already know the answer to this...but should I just keep taking all these Valiums and other stuff that could probably give me withdraws and addictions or just be a man about it and lay it off in bed under a blankey ??? in order to get of suboxone or what ? so "Kat" if you read this holler at me and tell me what plan you had in mind ,you came off like you could help me out and had the right thing to do or if anyone is or has been where I've been before give me advice please I hate withdraw H.B.O (help a brotha out)

-Gabe

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Gabe,

Yeah, I remember replying to you...then your thread disappeared. I'm just heading out the door now. Will reply when I get back.

Hang in there. It's gonna be ok.
    Kat
    Ken2727 and melindau like this.

melindau is offline Member

Hi Gabe wanted to stop by and give my support! you in good hands with Kat!!!
    Melinda
    Iwantoff2013 and Ken2727 like this.

Ken2727 is offline Senior Member

Welcome here Gabe. I want to wish you the best beating this beast!! A couple of things and this is my opinion only. One being the tramadol and methadone. Taking these will only delay the inevitable, know what I mean? As long as you are putting opiates, synthetic or otherwise in you it will only prolong the WD period... As far as the Xanax and valium I would be very careful and only use for a short term, if at all, as they can turn into their own whole nightmare from what I have heard. Hydration, supplements and any exercise you can get are really important here. The exercise gets the natural "feel good" chemicals firing in the brain again over time. I wish you the absolute best.

I am sure others will weigh in here so hold strong.
    Ken
    Iwantoff2013 and Gabe420 like this.

Thank you ken and everyone else you guys are such nice people and I feel like I've came across this site for a reason . When I 1st started to use suboxon I was not acknowledged that coming off is so hard and before I knew it I was 1 year into taking it and I really don't need or want to anymore its killing me slowly. So thank you guys for such nice word I was feeling kinda withdrawy but then when I came here and read this I feel better thnx. Also Ken you are right man I understand everything you are telling me I've be abusing since 13 years old and now I'm 25 I know all those things but yet I still have addictions! I'm here because I think I've came to that point in life where I wanna live drug free without having to depend on a piece of pill to feel normal everyday is not how I wanna live and I need to get off and I will and past month or more I've been telling my self I need to wake up early and get to exercising and running but I never do hmm maybe I need to get sticky notes and put them all over so I get motivated to do it I guess idk ! ehehe anyways thank you once more your all great peeps and im so great here you are here and willing to help me !
    Ken2727 likes this.

Thank you Melinda I knew it from the 1st reply she sent me that I was in good hands heehhe I guess my spidey senses was right like usually hee hee thnx for the support btw means a lot !

-Gabe
    melindau likes this.

yeahh weird right I got your msg in my email and I came here to reply and saw my post was gone ... hmm weird I guess I presented it wrong so it got erased or something idk it just disappeared like you said but yeah I guess when you have time help me . atm im feeling fine and everything is okay I try not to think about it so much! Thank you soo much Kat for being here I've seen you help a lot of people and I wanna do the same thing with my life and help people , share my story and maybe change peoples lifes like you do hope to hear from you soon and ttyl!

-Gabe

Hey Gabe,

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate that

Like Ken said, taking methadone, tramadol and benzos is a really bad idea. But you already know that. As addicts, if we want to have any chance of lasting recovery, we have to abstain from all substances. The addict brain doesn't differentiate between substances. Continuing to use any mind-altering, addictive substance will keep your addiction alive and well.

In almost all cases, simply removing the drugs isn't enough to keep us clean in the long run. We need to deal with the underlying issues that led us to drug abuse and learn how to deal with life drug-free. In my opinion, AA/NA is imperative to recovery. I urge you to consider going to meetings. It could make all the difference.

Ok, so refresh my memory: how much Sub were you taking daily over the past year? What mg did you jump from?

Kat
    Ken2727, Gabe420, alexnt and 1 others like this.

originalchris is offline New Member

I don't know if this will be much help or not at your current stage (on day 8 all I cared about was feeling "better"), but I'm on night 16 jumping off 2 mg/day. The first 10 or so days are hard, but then the physical stuff fades and it simply becomes a mental game. As far as appetite goes, God knows, I lost 10 lbs in 10 days withdrawing, and I was more afraid to be seen in public for looking like the walking dead rather than energy concerns (which is another mind over matter thing). I'm gaining it back pretty quickly now though. My appetite is better now than it ever was on opiates. Feeling "normal" after so long on opiates is something I don't even remember what it's supposed to be, but I think the key after the physical stuff goes away is simply to stop feeling sorry for yourself.

Stop focusing on how you "feel" chasing a high or a well-being feeling, and start focusing on who you are now. Think about what it takes to get through this day, and how you will accomplish that. Tomorrow is a new day, and worrying about it won't change anything. Focus solely on who you are now, rather than how you used to feel or who you used to be. Think of it as a new lease on life, and things become much easier to deal with. There are people in the world who struggle with much more agonizing things than we do, and if we have to go through a little depression and anxiety in the post-acute stage, so be it. It fades like everything else, and in the end, we get to look back and realize we've beaten it. That's a good feeling to have. You have to continue to think positive in everything you do now. Just my $.02

Yeah I agree with you 100% . Okay so like a year or more ago I was two years clean from the needle and then I had to move to Europe so this is why I respond so late and I'm sorry for that but anyways I was so good I gained 10Kg I went to jail so I was clean from everything even tobacco and when I arrived to Europe I started back with weed honestly I didn't even like the feeling anymore of being high on weed but not knowing many people and having to live here now was not something I was happy with, my g/f stayed in Atlanta ,the 6 months I was in jail it was >>>> , she cheated on me and all the good stuff when I came here we tried long distance and it didn't work so that's when I got into abusing Valium and Xanax and slowly but surly getting back into a bad addiction. I even registered into the methadone clinic to get free drugs , I started with the bad people, being a good guy everyone just kinda stepped all over me and used my kindness for bad. I got into the needle again, lost all my kilos I gained in jail plus taking Tramadol that's how I was able to get the methadone and I was put on a "methadone therapy" I started with like 8-10 pills daily and was on it for like a few months having to walk every morning to the clinic getting tested I got clean maybe 1st few drug test I failed and then I stopped for good with injecting my self taking n Tramadol and all that but the doctors saw on me that the methadone was getting to me I looked horrible from it baggy eyes just not for me you know? he saw few drug test was dirty so he put me on suboxone he made me go through withdraw 2 days and put me on suboxone 6mg's and that's where it all started for like 5 months or more I was taking 6mgs and he slowly started to taper me down I've came down in the past year all the way to 2mg pills I don't even get the big 8mgs anymore I get 14mgs a wk of the little 2 mg pills and I don't even take them all like I said I share with some of the people in my neighborhood I take one and a half of the 2mg pills total of 3mg and break it down into small 7 pieces to make me last all wk and the rest I give away and sometimes they run out so I have to go into my little pieces and give them away and then Ill be 3-4 days without anything and I would go crazy , Can't sleep , sweats , runny nose you know all the stuff that comes with it im sure but I was on such a low dose Kat like all I need was a small crumb under my tongue and I can function normally that day without having symptoms of withdraw so my doctor thinks im taking 2mgs but I'm not, im taking even less and its been like that for me for like 3-4 months , I've even used the needle a few times like on every Monday I get tested pick up my pills and come home shoot up and till Thursday I have to do dope and stop or on Monday it will show in my test and I've stopped that bad habit I don't shoot no more , I wanna get rid of suboxone its causing me to be a zombie in everyday life so last Monday when I picked up my therapy I got rid of it all so even if I had the urge to take sub's I could not and now im here on day 9 without suboxone day 3 without any pills or methadone just weed I kinda got stomach aches and I wake up kind early and cloudy I guess you can say like the 1st 30min of waking up I feel idk how to explain my not good and then once I wake up I feel better I don't even sleep so well anymore but its okay I get about 8hrs of sleep for sure when I smoke it gives me appetite so I can eat I just have a feeling that it will be hell for me but in the fallowing week or so , but maybe not because I tapered my self down to such a low dose so yeah I feel like I have soo much to say and to explain in me but its not coming out im sorry if this reply seems like im ADHD jumping from one subjected to another but im sorry and hopefully you got the point I was trying to get across plus past few years I don't speak English in my everyday life anymore so my grammar and language has went to space somewhere idk lol but yeah sorry if im kinda hard to understand. Thats my story for now , thats whats going on with me so Kat what should I do .. should I just keep up with not taking anything but weed and do what Ken said and get plenty exercise and fluids because I drink no water its crazy I have to remind my self and force my self to drink. or is there other things I can do to help me cope? Once again I wanna thank you soo much im like a complete stranger to you and all these lovely people here but yet you guys are so willing to help and thank you , I thank god for you guys being here its awesome and amazing that I have this to turn to and I know with the help of you guys and my will power I will win this addiction and move on with my life and make something of my self but If I continue like this i don't know what I will do so I'll be strong and not take anything. Oh and on Monday i have my weekly drug test and I think ill be seeing my doctor so what should I do and say I'll be clean on test so should I tell him everything and also I really don't wanna give up on the people depending on me to give them subs every Monday because they come to me almost crying with withdraws and not being able to help them will kill me but at the same time I know this is about me and making my life better! atm no one should matter to me but my self when it comes down to getting clean but I'm not that kind of guy I like to help just like you guys do, so please just let me know what to do next ?! thank you soooooo much !~

-Gabe

wowww man ! your like going through the same thing as me ! im reading this and wondering If i wrote it because its the same for me man ! and yeah I agree with you we had all those good times getting hi and feeling good now its time to deal and cope with a little depression and anxiety and like you say whatever has a start has a end ! and you have just inspired me to be that much stronger thank you soo much your little $.02 is a big exchange in my heart so much more then you even realize! thnx Chris . Quick question how long were you on suboxone and what doses were you on ? I just want to and try to calculate maybe we were on similar doses so it will take my about 16 days to be normal or what? I know and understand that drugs work in everybody differently but still maybe we can relate we already do so much !

-Gabe

originalchris is offline New Member

Lol, I'm glad I could be of some help. I definitely relate to a lot of what you said, with the whole moving thing, new area, quitting, not knowing what to expect, etc. I just know I'd never have quit if I didn't move away, so there's that. I kind of put myself in a position where I have no ability to get any kind of opiates whatsoever, which I hated myself for doing the first week or so, but I'm glad I did it now.

I'm not saying I feel "normal" right now, since I don't even know what normal feels like anymore, but I'm MUCH better than I was on day 8. Every symptom you have, I had. I still wake up with that "fog" you described, although it clears a little more each day. I'm still struggling with being absolutely bored out of my mind throughout the day, since opiates made everything more interesting/tolerable to me, but that's also getting better each day. Like I said, it's all mental after a certain point.

How long was I on suboxone... I'm not entirely sure? Maybe around 4 months or so? Before that, I was also doing the methadone thing for a long time. I tried kicking off that more times than I can count, and I think it's nearly impossible. I missed a court date while trying to kick off that once, and ended up getting a bench warrant, got taken to jail when cops showed up at my apartment, but I was taken to the one jail in the area that takes your vital signs before booking. They freaked out over my blood pressure/pulse, said I could have a stroke/heart attack at any moment, and took me to the hospital instead. I got a get out of jail free card for withdrawing off methadone (I didn't tell them I was withdrawing, or they'd have booked me). That's probably the only positive thing I can possibly say about methadone withdrawals.

Anyways, I was taking street suboxone randomly for a long time before ever seeing a DR, so it's hard for me to say how long I was on it. I was on 2 mg/day for about 2-3 weeks maybe. Before that, I was on 4 mg/day for maybe a month, and before that, 8 mg/day for a month or two. I also had people constantly asking, so sometimes I'd have to take less than I wanted to. I think that's what helped me lower my dose in the first place. Moving and losing my DR helped me really lower it down to 2 mg. I never could get lower than that honestly, and I'm not sure how people can go so low as .125 mg without just saying screw it and quitting. In the end, I think they're just prolonging the inevitable anyways. Since you said you were on methadone for a long time, you understand how horrible those withdrawals can be. Kicking 2mg/day suboxone was a cakewalk compared to 10mg methadone. I'm sure it's easier to kick with lower doses, but nobody gets away with no withdrawals. I keep that memory of suffering buried in my head, and it keeps me from wanting to go back to it. Suboxone only made me feel "normal" anyways, so I thought why waste my time/money on a pill that doesn't get me high and only prolongs the inevitable? Every drug in the world has a comedown, so I suppose it's about time we all face it eventually.

I know a lot of people say that addiction is a disease and our willpower doesn't work, but I don't really believe that. Nobody quits any addiction without willpower. It's all a mental game at a certain point, and then it's just about staying positive and finding new things to keep us going. Forget about the ex girlfriend or anyone else pulling you in different directions right now, and focus only on yourself. Worry about making yourself healthy and stable right now, and make that your only goal. Nobody else in life matters right now, nor should they. Be glad you aren't married or tied down right now, because I can't name how many people talk about how worried they are about their wives/husbands disowning them while they're trying to get opiates out of their life. I'm sure that makes it 1000x more difficult knowing they have a S/O that can't stop being selfish long enough to let them heal. Be happy you can focus on yourself and make that your goal. The rest will fall into place.

Ohh man you said it right ! every word in this ^^^ reply was on the dot and well said Chris ! it can always be worst and I understand your pain & struggle man I understand what you been threw I've been through soo much, I lived in Atlanta and lived the "party life" ive tried almost every drug and never had soo much withdraw until I came to Bosnia and really started messing with methadone and suboxone is when i got a good taste of a real withdraw and all the things you have been through and are going through I feel , your pain is similar to mine and been there and everything happens for a reason. if I never got sent back to my country and staid in ATL i would be dead or in prison already lost 5 friends from OD and car accidents while intoxicated and friends in jail and that was the path I was going down ! i was so close to OD before saw the light and everything praying on the floor telling god here I come but I have a reason on this world , I wanna share my story's and hopefully get people/kids to open their eyes through my struggles and pain . I feel like we share a spark of hope here I feel like we are gonna win this and its for the better Chris we must have a purpose in life I can feel you energy from two planets away man and your so right there is always worst situations and I should be thankful I am only 25 not married still young still not to late to turn my life around but some people don't have it like that ! I wish you luck and wish for the both of us to stay strong while going threw this and yeah the boredom is killing me too been in the house past two days today im gonna go out a little today and be social to make this easier even tho its not so bad any little thing will help ! hope to hear from you some more Chris take care my brother ! The rest shall fall into place.

-Gabe

Hey Gabe,

Since you were on such a low dose, you should start to feel much better soon. Give it time and be patient. Sub has a very long half-life which is why symptoms drag on. But it sounds like you're feeling pretty well, physically speaking. Every day will be better than the one before. You need to drink lots of water. Daily exercise will help your mind and body heal faster.

If you want to succeed at recovery, you need to refrain from all substances. Continuing to use any substance (pills, pot, alcohol, etc) will prevent your brain from healing. Here are some things that will help:

Melatonin or any OTC sleep aid
    GABA supplement or Serene Theanine (for anxiety)
    Hylands Restful Legs supplement (for RLS)
    Eat healthy -- stay away from processed foods
    L-Tyrosine with B6 (for energy)
    A good multivitamin and Balanced B-100 Complex
    Lots of water

You'll get through this. Don't ever look back. You have your whole life ahead of you. Don't make the mistake of letting more and more years be wasted by addiction. Oh, and those people who come to you begging for "help"? Forget them. I know that sounds callous but you must take care of YOU. They can take care of themselves.

All the best,
    Kat
    Ken2727 and Gabe420 like this.

yeah your right this is me time and time to get me clean and on track I know you told me about taking classes but sadly there are non here where I live there is detox and stuff but I don't think im hooked so bad that I need to be in detox. and your so right I feel better today then yesterday I thought it was the other way around that everyday will get worst like I experience before but thank god it's not like that anymore and that everyday Im waking up with a growling stomach :P so I can eat and stuff I read some of the stuff people go threw here and read your story and you guys are the real champs going threw all that and now here helping people . So the medications you just named me are natural medications or a substance ? Because I really need to do something about "RTL" rest less legs I use to get that since I was little, and you know I am so down to drop all those pills and therapy but the one thing now that will be hard for me is pot as always ! I know pot is one of the biggest gateway drugs and that's where almost all people start their journey and being away from my friend's and everything it's the only thing that helps me really cope with boredom pretty much the only |fun| thing here to do is get together with girls/friends and smoke but at the same time I know and understand that pot got me into this situation and that its slowing down my recovery from being addicted to all other substances and me thinking that its only way out of boredom is only a mind thing. so I promise Ill try my best to stop to get my life together and then later in life when im situated and have a wife , kids , job it wont be so bad to smoke a "Jay" here and there I need to drop everything I'm glad I got ride of the Physical addictions ,now just need to work on my mind and be strong and slowly but surely drop everything else . I think this is the end of the posts here I think I can go out there and do this on my own and If i ever need to turn some where I know that Kat is here to help me <3 thanks so much for your time and patience with me and for helping me ! you might not know but you and everyone else has been soo much help ! i told some of my girl friends about this site and they are also happy for me and that I wanna get off this and that I have something to turn to ! so thank you guys you are great ! i copy and pasted those medications and since the clinic don't work weekends Ill go to my doctor tomorrow and ask them if I can get a prescription for those medications because I don't know if they are the same in Bosnia as in the states so ill have to translate that some how but Ill figure it out ! thank again I don't think I can say thank you enough ! your guys advice was to the dot right and that's what I needed no one else could understand me here they all like just stop taking it you don't need it look at you how you look like and that just made it worst but you guys gave me support and real advice for free and thank you soo much for that you all are great people my spidey senses tell me so !

-Gabe

Okay so today I went to my doctors appointment and he tested me only for suboxone and I was negative , so when I went to see him I guess he didn't see I was negative and just signed my paper and went on to see my psychiatrist and told her the good new's and how I'm doing and I tell her im 11 days clean from suboxone and she all like why are you still taking your medications but your negative and I tell her I guess the doctor didn't notice so she went in to talk to him and when she came out they all like go take suboxone and gave me 8 mg to take every other day 2mg's so I don't have withdraw I'm not feeling so bad but I do notice some goose bumps and chills but its tolerable ohh and they wanna put me on Lexium its something like a benzos I have to go see them Friday ! and they are expecting me to be positive for suboxone but I got rid of the pill already so It's not around me so I can't take it. So what should I do ?