Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes
Advice on sub taper at .25
    Albacorey is offline Junior Member

Default Advice on sub taper at .25

Hello,
    Just looking for a little first hand advice on my taper. I have been on subs over 2 years and had slowly tapered down to .75 MG. before I began the famous 4 day taper program.
    I am now down to .25. Besides some discomfort and some insomnia, it has been tolerable. I am doing everything I can to keep it that way by eating right, exercising, a few supplements and vitamins, etc
    I would like to be able to continue to function ok as I do run a business, IF POSSIBLE.

In your opinions, should I drop to .125 after my 4-5 days are up or start skipping days at that point. Today is day 3 at .25 and Im feeling better then yesterday. Tomorrow being day 4, I am really looking for the smoothest way possible, as we all are.
    I do have enough subs to continue to taper if needed.
    I have been waking up at around 4 am very uncomfortable, taking my dose and going back to sleep till around 8 am.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Although I am very excited and cant wait to be done, I dont want to have crippling withdrawals.

Thank You all!!

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Please just use one thread to post, update, ask new questions, etc...

You have three different threads started, it is confusing for us here to follow exactly what's going on with your situation?

So just pick one of your threads and stick with that one only? Thanks...

My apologies.. I'll stay on this one

Quote Originally Posted by Albacorey View Post
    My apologies.. I'll stay on this one
    No worries... In my opinion reducing again should help lessen any discomfort when you do make that final jump! I would stay on your current dose for a few more days and as long as you are stable then go ahead and make another reduction. Stay 4-5 days on that last reduction and then you can do the skip days as explained in Robert's sub taper plan. Good luck! You're doing great and will be just fine... God bless us all!
    Albacorey and Randy35 like this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

In your opinions, should I drop to .125 after my 4-5 days are up or start skipping days at that point. Today is day 3 at .25 and Im feeling better then yesterday. Tomorrow being day 4, I am really looking for the smoothest way possible, as we all are.
    I do have enough subs to continue to taper if needed.
    I have been waking up at around 4 am very uncomfortable, taking my dose and going back to sleep till around 8 am.

Hello -

If you're doing ok and feeling good after your 4th day on .25mg I would drop by 25% down to .18mg instead of .125mg. Sometimes these smaller doses get real tricky and a 50% reduction may be too much for you? You could then reduce to .13mg if you want which is another 25% reduction. Then you could go to .125mg. Definitely worth it to reduce as low as you can get. You really should plan on using the day skipping process when you get as low as you want to go. It really makes for a softer landing. Dose and skip a day, dose skip 2 days, dose skip 3 days, dose again and done.

Randy
    Ming23 likes this.

Sounds Good Ricky! Thanks for the reply! Today is day 5 at .25 and starting to feel almost normal again. Unfortunately I have had tickets to take my wife to a concert on Monday 11/7, so I guess my best bet is to stay here until Tuesday 11/8.
    I almost wish I didn't have these tix so I can reduce starting tomorrow..but I'm sure it won't hurt to stay at this dose longer..

Thanks again! If anyone else looking for feedback at this point in they're taper I am always happy to share thoughts!!

Thanks Randy! I will definitely take that advice!!
    Just gotta figure out how to cut a .18 strip lol
    I'm sure I can find that info on here someplace.
    Softer is definitely better for me, I don't have the option to stay home and relax a whole lot! I'm saving that time for when it's really needed if necessary.
    I really appreciate any feedback you or anyone else who has gone thru this has!!!
    It helps me very much!!
    Thank you again!!
    Ming23 and Randy35 like this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Albacorey
    I made small reductions when i got below 1 mg. I did 10% drops, which worked better for me. Instead of hassling to figure out .18%, you could do .175%. I dropped from 1mg to .9 then .8 etc, which is easier to cut. You're doing great!!
    Albacorey and Randy35 like this.

Thanks Randy! I will definitely take that advice!!
    Just gotta figure out how to cut a .18 strip lol
    I'm sure I can find that info on here someplace.
    Softer is definitely better for me, I don't have the option to stay home and relax a whole lot! I'm saving that time for when it's really needed if necessary.
    I really appreciate any feedback you or anyone else who has gone thru this has!!!
    It helps me very much!!
    Thank you again!!

To get .18mg of sub, Get a .75mg piece and cut that intio 4 pieces as evenly as you can. They will all be .18mg each.

To get .13mg of sub, Take a .5mg piece and cut that inti 4 equal pieces. They will be .13mg each.

I used a pair of tweezers to hold the film and small scissors to cut with. Hold the film pieces carefully and just syeball the cuts. You'll get them all close enough.

Randy
    Ming23 likes this.

Perfect!!!!
    Thanks again Randy!!!
    Randy35 likes this.

Default Thanks Ming

Maybe I will take your advice go down 10% This week anyway,, A Reduction is a reduction!

Thanks Ming
    Randy35 and Ming23 like this.

Sounds Good Ricky! Thanks for the reply! Today is day 5 at .25 and starting to feel almost normal again. Unfortunately I have had tickets to take my wife to a concert on Monday 11/7, so I guess my best bet is to stay here until Tuesday 11/8.
    I almost wish I didn't have these tix so I can reduce starting tomorrow..but I'm sure it won't hurt to stay at this dose longer..

Thanks again! If anyone else looking for feedback at this point in they're taper I am always happy to share thoughts!!
    You're welcome. I see that Randy and Ming has replied as well. Now you got the real experts in your corner, follow their advice and keep us updated on your progress? Good luck... God bless us all!

Here's a link to HarrySmooth's video on how to cut suboxone film - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ttZ5ATKb-LE
    Albacorey likes this.

Default Thanks for the reply

Thanks again Ricky! Very much appreciated!

Default Day 2 at .18 MG

So far so good! Achy at night, a lil dull headache, seems like any symptoms are mental to me right now.
    Still hitting the gym 5 days a week, fruit and vegetable nutribullet for breakfast, trying to eat protein, appetite is definately down quite a bit.
    I plan on dropping to .13 on Saturday for 4 days and then begin my skip days.
    I am wondering (as I know everyone does), when I start skipping after being on .13 for 4 days, then jumping, should I expect much worse symptoms?
    It looks like my last skip dose falls exactly on Thanksgiving. UGH Hopefully I wont have to explain that I have the Flu!

Thanks for listening... Any input is always appreciated
    UncleLeo and Ming23 like this.

Albacorey
    The jump was nothing to fear. There's still sub in the body. The sneezes were interesting. You're doing great! Just plod on now!!
    Albacorey likes this.

Thanks Ming!!
    Today is day 3 at .13..
    One more day before skipping! Mysteriously day one seemed worse.. zero energy..yesterday and today have been better.
    I'm a little concerned that I'm having a house full of people on Thanksgiving.. praying I'm not too bad by then..
    Either way, this is happening.. no turning back now!!
    Ming23 likes this.

Albacorey
    Drink plenty of water now. A lot. Eat light. Can u exercize? The body needs to relearn how to make its own endorphins. Let us know how you're doing. The worst is behind you now!!
    Albacorey likes this.

Default That really helps to hear

Awesome to hear that Ming! I have been going to the gym every weak day and walking the dog on the weekends. I am pretty sure that is helping quite a bit.
    And I feel like I cant drink enough water.. LOL Frequent urination, and very thirsty!
    I appreciate you responding! Words help!!
    I really hope you are right about the worst behind me LOL
    Ming23 likes this.

Albacorey
    The jump is more mental than physical. We get accustomed to medicating. Substitute vitamins. You're doing great! Any sneezing u may experience will also end!
    Albacorey likes this.

Default LOL The Sneezing

You were not kidding..Sneezing fits today on my first skip day. Besides a messed up stomach and no appetite, nothing immodium and some exercise cant fix.
    Thanks again Ming!
    Hoping and praying my symptoms dont cripple me in the upcoming week!
    Time will tell, and heal!
    Ming23 likes this.

Albacorey
    You're on ur way! Ah choo to you!
    Albacorey likes this.

You were not kidding..Sneezing fits today on my first skip day. Besides a messed up stomach and no appetite, nothing immodium and some exercise cant fix.
    Thanks again Ming!
    Hoping and praying my symptoms dont cripple me in the upcoming week!
    Time will tell, and heal!

The sneezing is all part of the process of your body returning to a normal status. And all symptoms you're having will pass given a little time. The skip days allows the half life of the subs to catch up with itself. Your body is switching over from having a sub build up to being clean. Look at any symptoms as a good thing, which it actually is!

Randy
    Albacorey likes this.

First skip day was definitely tolerable.. 1 full hour of cardio in the gym followed by some weight lifting.. making myself sweat it out as much as possible.. wonder if that speeds up the process of getting the subs out of the system? Definitely releases endorphins.. while exercising I feel like a normal person! Lol
    Took my .125 dose at 4 am this morning when I woke up.
    Actually feel pretty good and alert this morning.

Thank you all for the advice and help! It really does help!
    Ming23 likes this.

Default A Little confused

So this morning I took My .125 dose after my first skip day. Somehow I feel very clear. I have been sleeping about 6 hours per night including last night, the first day I didnt take a dose in over 2 years.
    I would just love a few opinions if I should jump now, or continue and take my 2 more doses?
    I do realize it will get worse before it gets better, but today I feel more normal then I have in a long time!!
    Ming23 likes this.

Just checking in.. day 3 skip dose today and not bad at all!!
    Hitting the gym daily and today I went in the sauna and it was heaven! I feel like I'm sweating the subs right out.. even if I'm not.. lol
    Happy Thanksgiving guys!
    Last .125 dose tomorrow for good!!
    Ming23 likes this.

Hey Albacorey
    Happy Thanksgiving to you too!
    You're doing great! Keep exercising. The sweating is cleansing too but remember to stay very hydrated as subs deplete your water. Eat light and glad to hear you had good skip days. Right in track. Jump when ready. Got Imodium? Lol.
    Proud of you! You will never regret this good choice!!
    Albacorey likes this.

Thanks Ming!
    Hope you had a great thanksgiving!
    I have Imodium lol
    Officially done taking subs.. I know you told me the jump is nothing to fear.. Just hoping the withdrawal will be no worse then the taper to .125
    Either way.. I'm done!
    I appreciate the support very much!!
    Ming23 likes this.

Day 3 completely done taking subs and besides some lethargy/ cloudiness...and lack of appetite, all is ok..
    wonder when the really bad symptoms will start.. work tomorrow..
    Ming23 likes this.

freeme47 is offline Junior Member

Hi albacorey, I thought I'd give you some encouragement on your thread. I honestly don't think you will get any worse. I didn't do the skip days but did get down to a low dose and I found day 2 to 5 the worst of the symptoms. I also think the fact that you have kept yourself healthy by exercising and eating good foods will help you a lot. Drinking water too. I haven't been great with all those things as I found the energy levels difficult but after reading people's posts I wished I'd pushed myself a bit more. I am now that's for sure.

I think you will be ok and you are going to be free from taking a pill everyday to make yourself feel (normal). How amazing is that! New year. New beginnings. Stay strong, T.
    Albacorey likes this.

Thanks freeme!!!
    Woke up this morning feeling about the same. Maybe just need some Imodium.. although the last time I took it I had stomach pains.
    Hope your doing good today also!!
    We got this!!!
    Ming23 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast