• 1 Post By ItsPossible
  • 1 Post By Imjustnotsure
  • 2 Post By Imjustnotsure
  • 1 Post By Catrina
Almost done my taper.. Feeling very tired and unmotivated now
    Imjustnotsure is offline Member

Cool Almost done my taper.. Feeling very tired and unmotivated now

Hey guys just an update.
    Haven't hern posting but have been always reading.

I was given advice by Randy and Bette on how to induct and start my taper.
    Thank you so much ... I did very well but my gf went thru pw and it was horrific! But any who
    We both are doing very well.. Our lives are now active and healthy and we have dropped all of our addictive behaviors and were almost to the finish line. "Do it right the first time and you'll never have to do it again"
    So I am currently taking .75mg of a 2mg sub strip. Getting down to the nitty gritty and these little pieces I feel is very mental there are even days I forget. But I'm waiting about 4-6 days in between my drops and am feeling alright. Very tired and lack of energy and my stomach has not been right since the start. I keep thinking my stomach issues are from dropping but I can't be sure. So just looking for some advice to up my energy and getting ready to jump. Hope to hear from you all! You all were so very helpful in the onset of getting clean and changing my life for the better... Talk soon !
    Xox Megan !

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Congratulations. You've done well tapering. Keep it going. I know it's hard to believe, but that tiny piece of sub, .75 is still a good amount. Don't under estimate how strong subs are. I'm sure with Randy's and Bette's help, you know it's best to not try and jump until you are under .25mg per day. Are you diligent about only making 25% reductions?

Once you get to the lower doses, some people have to slow it down a little and make smaller reductions and stay at that dose for a little longer. If you've been having trouble with your stomach right along, it's probably not from the reductions. I've seen others reporting too that the subs upset their stomachs. Are you nauseous? Diarrhea? Constipated? What kind of stomach problems?

Are you taking L-Tyrosine? It's one of the supplements on the Thomas Recipe to help energy levels and mood swings. If you are taking it, have you taken it from the beginning of your taper? The reason I ask is that I tried it when I was detoxing and it made me sick to my stomach. Thought maybe it was something else so after a few days I tried it again and it did the same thing. If you have been taking it, maybe that doesn't agree with you?? If you're not, then maybe you should try it. Most everyone swears by it and says it does give them energy.

Keep up the good work and thanks for checking in.

Peace,

Cat

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Megan
    Congrats on keeping going through the hard parts! I too had stomach issues. I found Imodium helps immensely to calm the gut. I also began taking a B Complex to give energy and for mood balance. The lethargy will pass with the subs. The sooner they leave the body, the healing can begin. The brain and body will repair themselves if u give them the tools and time.
    Proud of you!
    Your symptoms will pass. I promise!
    Ps: drink a lot of water to flush out toxins!

Hey cat! Nice hearing from you !!
    I have been pretty diligent with my reductions. .25 each time .. Between 4-7 days each drop. I feel good. Other than my energy and in the bathroom all the time. But I guess that's okay compared to never going ever. My belly is weird; I'm always hungry but when I eat I have the worst stomach pains right away and I'm in the bathroom shortly after that. My energy is lagging in the evening. I get home and I'm pooped. I know that's "normal" to feel tired but if I sit down and loose my momentum I'm done for the night. I do take a multivitamin but nothing more. I wi do some research and pick up the l- tyrosine ...
    Ming23 likes this.

ItsPossible is offline Member

Hey there,
    I took recommend L-Tyrosine and vitamin B complex. Also more vitamin D will help with mood.
    If I don't take my vitamins, I noticed a huge difference. I've suffered from really high highs, and really low lows but with taking my vitamins religiously I've found a stability I have never felt before. Lots of water, and exercise REALLY gets the dopamine flowing.
    You're doing great, and I am happy you and the man are doing this together because a lot of people say couples can't be together who get high together. My husband and I quit a drug 8 years ago and have been together for 11 years. It can be done and the support if very important, but remember you are your own person too. Don't get lost finding yourself. You're doing it! So close!
    Love and light
    Butterfly xxoo
    Ming23 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imjustnotsure View Post
    Hey cat! Nice hearing from you !!
    I have been pretty diligent with my reductions. .25 each time .. Between 4-7 days each drop. I feel good. Other than my energy and in the bathroom all the time. But I guess that's okay compared to never going ever. My belly is weird; I'm always hungry but when I eat I have the worst stomach pains right away and I'm in the bathroom shortly after that. My energy is lagging in the evening. I get home and I'm pooped. I know that's "normal" to feel tired but if I sit down and loose my momentum I'm done for the night. I do take a multivitamin but nothing more. I wi do some research and pick up the l- tyrosine ...
    Hey Imjustnotsure
    I had similar experiences as Cat with the L Tyrosine. It made me very jittery and i took far less than the recommended dose. So, if u do take it, dose low to start.
    I also reacted to Benadryl and over the counter sleep meds differently in that they also produced jitters. Yuck
    Hang in there. Drink a lot of water.
    Your body will rejuvenate. It's been 3 months since i jumped and each person's body revives at its own pace.
    It seems to be quite normal for it to take a lil time.
    Proud of you! Hang in there!!

I'm going to pick up the L tyrosine this week and read up on it. I have also picked up excerxising .. Which never was my thing before. I got involved in an at home dvd thing but so what I'm moving and it def does help.
    My girlfriend and I have been together almost 8 years and almost all of that we have been using but we've been best friends since the 6th. Grade. I tell ya, this hasn't been easy on our relationship but every day is a new day. I've heard the sAme thing that was mentioned above about staying together quite often and it's scary bc everything has changed and I feel like a completely new person. I think a lot has to do with my brain. Like What I have allowed my addiction to take from my life. What I could have been doing all this time. Its frustrating but I'm working on it. It has taken time for all the bad habits we have had for so long to just go away. Our friends have changed our lifestyle .. Everything ... I know that it's definitely for the better it is just different and change is sometimes the biggest fear.
    Xo
    Ming23 likes this.

Imjustnotsure
    You're so right. Life has to change. How it changes is defined by our experiences too. The taper opens our eyes to alot of aspects of our own lives. Yes, we could have been spending our time doing other things, but we didn't realize that. So don't be too tough on yourself. We're the lucky few who fought our way back.
    Proud of you.
    Imjustnotsure likes this.

ItsPossible is offline Member

Change in habits promotes a change in thinking, feeling, behaving. All of which are necessary for growth. Look at you growing so much!
    Congrats!
    Butterfly

So I'm there. Today is TWO without taking my sub. I was at the point I was cutting a .25 pc in half and I felt silly feeling like I was relying on that little thing. And I'm feeling good. I was at that dose for 6 days and forgot to take it and just said that's enough. And I'm feeling "fine". My stomach is a mess but that's the norm so I hear. And I'm dealing with it. I've started eating in the morning (which I have never ever done) and bumped up my water intake a lot. And still exercising. So physically I think I'm okay .. But I am a little nervous about how days 3-5 will go. They're always the worst

I am feeling emotionally a wreck lately. The last time I posted I was considering making some changes in regards to my relationship. I've been fighting myself back and forth for a while and I finally made it legit last night. I will be moving by my family which is out of state. I've changed so many things in my life due to my addiction I know that I need this. I will be changing jobs and moving soon. Once school is out I can go. I'm just nervous. I'm scared of the changes and struggles this will bring. We will miss her.. So much... I keep going back and forth back and forth but why?
    I know a lot of ppl say that once clean it's hard to stay with the one you used with. I think it's true. But how fair is that? Ugh I am rambling and that's okay. But once I get moved and new insurance I want to look into. Drug counselor. I have never seen one and think I would benefit greatly from it. But idk why I haven't yet and maybe when I move I won't be so nervous to go to meetings. I won't know anyone there ..... But will I meet the wrong ppl ? Some ppl just have to be at the meeting doesn't mean they're not using. But I know I prob would enjoy it.
    Ugh see the problem here .. Round and round.. Grr any way. I hope everyone is doing well ... Just needed to vent a little and get feed back on big changes meetings and desperately seeking change. Thanks for listening to me lol
    Xo
    Catrina likes this.

Today is day SEVEN!!! Feeling pretty good ! Proud of myself today just wanted to share !!! If you are struggling ... You need to push yourself and believe in yourself. ! Have a good day!!!! xo
    UncleLeo and Ming23 like this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Glad you're doing so well. Such good news. I just wanted to comment not on your most recent post, but the one just before that. Changes are good for your recovery. I have a favorite saying about recovery, most especially early on....Just do you. This does mean that if your relationship with your SO isn't a solid one or if it's not making both of you happy and leaving you at peace, then it's time to move on without guilt. Think of it as beginning a brand new chapter in your life. Relationships are a lot of work in the best of circumstances but working on one that was at least at some point submerged in addiction, just makes it all the harder. Sometimes it's just time to move on.

It's a great idea to get some counseling. We can use all the help we can get so we should take whatever is available. White knuckling it usually just doesn't work long term. Meetings. Yes! Get to meetings. Yes there will be folks there for no other reason than they have to be because it's court ordered. There is also always the chance that you can create a new source. You will find whatever you look for at meetings. If you are looking for a sponsor, fellowship and support then that's what you'll find. If you're looking to score, then you can probably find that too. Look past the people that are there for all the wrong reasons and seek out the ones that are there for the right reasons. You are finally in charge of you.

I love reading the success stories here. Please keep posting. There are people who come here to read and never post. They are looking for inspiration and to see that getting clean is possible. When in the throes of addiction, we feel hopeless and dismal. I know I did! Until I found this Forum and began to read success stories, I had sadly resigned myself to being an active addict for the rest of my life. You and I are among those that prove that doesn't have to be the case.

Congratulations!

Peace,

Cat