Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes
almost done with the suboxone!
    Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Oh goodness. Moving is no fun whatsoever :/

Sounds like you're doing ok so far. Definitely stick to the 25% drops as it makes the whole process much more comfortable. Glad to hear you're taking less Valium than prescribed. Benzos are no joke! Yikes.

Hope you get some good sleep tonight.
    Kat

mammaj Guest

Default ugh...

Hi everyone! Haven't been on a lot. As I thought life was crazy before it's completely gone thru the roof!
    Mom has had a full blown stroke. I could have told them that over a week ago but wtf do I know. But not going to stand on that soap box right now.
    I probably will soon no doubt.
    But she's in rough shape and the unhumane Dr's there
    Would probably let their own kids suffer as much as my mom has been thru. It sickens me. I remember all to well.
    And the hospital just as bad the nursing home at least has tried to take action.
    I'll be back.
    I'm doing really good tho with taper. Really super bloated and constipated just the opposite of most who experience a upset stomach.
    Anything recommended for the bloating? Have taken mild laxative to address constipation.
    Hope everything is well for everyone else! Happy st. Patrick's day!

HeavyConceious is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by mammaj View Post
    Hi everyone! Haven't been on a lot. As I thought life was crazy before it's completely gone thru the roof!
    Mom has had a full blown stroke. I could have told them that over a week ago but wtf do I know. But not going to stand on that soap box right now.
    I probably will soon no doubt.
    But she's in rough shape and the unhumane Dr's there
    Would probably let their own kids suffer as much as my mom has been thru. It sickens me. I remember all to well.
    And the hospital just as bad the nursing home at least has tried to take action.
    I'll be back.
    I'm doing really good tho with taper. Really super bloated and constipated just the opposite of most who experience a upset stomach.
    Anything recommended for the bloating? Have taken mild laxative to address constipation.
    Hope everything is well for everyone else! Happy st. Patrick's day!
    Sorry to hear of your familys health issues. My stepdad has been ill for the past three years and had a heart attack last June. I was recollecting a lot on how time was flying before my eyes, I was four years in on the pills and almost 2 on the subs and I did not want this life no more. I wanted to enjoy my time and not be numb to what was going on around me. It becomes more apparent each day that the time passing is exactly that, passed, gone and can not get back. I wanted to continue and enjoy the time I have with the ones I love the most and I am very thankful so far that I made the decision I did.

I wish you the best with your tapering, tomorrow will be day 14 for me and the past two or three nights I managed to fall asleep not long aftER I would lay down, and slept through the night. I hope it continues.

I would get bound up and was far from being regular when i was on subs, your best bet here is lots and lots of h20 and if you can manage to eat GREENS which are real fiberious.

Wish you the best!

mammaj Guest

Hi too all! Got down to see mom today. Very good to see her! She's doing little better each day!
    I'm hanging tough still doing wean process taking it very slow. Forgot to take it yesterday before I ran out of house. Went day without other than the pain I was okay but had heavy sweating last night.
    But hurting pretty bad from pushing around a much overloaded extremely heavy shopping cart. It was all muscle pain and expected. Still sore today but not as bad as yesterday.
    Hope everyone Else is well! Still waiting on official word on new place! (Biting nails)
    J♡

Glad to hear your mom is doing better, and wish you and your family the best during her recovery!

Here at the end I would go a day or so between doses and feel about the same you would, it was always on my mind that I wanted to kick the habit. Eventually this lead to where I am today and I am proud to say I am on day 14 off of subs. Besides the past two evenings I have fallen asleep not long after I laid down, and got a good nights rest. Compared to the first 5-7days which wasn't much sleep at all. I am still having the sweats, I find I change my undershirt and t-shirt two-three times daily. I knew that all this was to be expected and I feel better every day and know that I am moving in the right direction. I think that being mentally prepared for what you are going to endure and knowing that you have, and can endure on without substance is a piece of the pie.

How much longer do you have on your taper plan?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-19-2014 at 08:25 PM.

mammaj Guest

Going to start skipping days again. Do that for 4 days see How I feel then skip 2 days for a bit once I hit to 3 days comfortably I'm gonna jump and deal with worst of it so about a week and a half I'd say. Got myself prepared to have flu like symptoms for a few days just hydrating as much as possible. And keep up on eating although I put on 10 pounds so I can also use the weight loss if I lose my appetite. Dr gave me robaxin for bad pain days but knocks me out so just take it when needed. I'm tired of feeling sick and tired!!! Lol
    So glad to here your doing so well this far out! Gives me something to look forward too feeling better at end of tunnel! Have a awesome night!!

Sharks fan is offline Advanced Member

What dose are you at now? You shouldn't start skipping until you are down to .25mg, any higher than that and you will likely feel pretty crummy.

mammaj Guest

Yes Sharks I'm down to almost a .25 as close as I can get small!!
    Not an easy task when so tiny to handle!

mammaj Guest

Saw Dr today. She thrilled with progress
    And is making me her personal poster child.
    After this weekend I'm going to start jumping days
    Next week. Best chance I have for down time while we wait for official confirmation on new place! So I'm guessing a rough week or two. Not taking anything I can live without! But still on anti depressants and 99% of time take a small dose of valium. Anxiety in control now that I've seen mom too.
    Happy first day of spring! Hope all have beautiful weather where you are! May hit 50 by us if lucky feels warm after the rough winter
    iloerose likes this.

mammaj Guest

Still stabilizing on switching to every other day dosing.
    The pain is horrible and so exhausting. Guess with time will get better. Can't say I like it since it makes me tired.
    But takes the edge off.
    Ugh wish this was over already!
    Trying to pack and move during this doesn't help!
    Dr gave me Robaxin for the pain since I've injured my back twice in a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by mammaj View Post
    Still stabilizing on switching to every other day dosing.
    The pain is horrible and so exhausting. Guess with time will get better. Can't say I like it since it makes me tired.
    But takes the edge off.
    Ugh wish this was over already!
    Trying to pack and move during this doesn't help!
    Dr gave me Robaxin for the pain since I've injured my back twice in a couple of weeks.
    Moving is no fun WHAT-SO-EVER.. I have had to help move my sister from PA to KY over four times, and moved her a couple since then. I'm already burnt on moving and I haven't moved myself LoL!

I have a prior neck injury that is bothersome from time to time, I try to exercise as frequent as possible and strengthen the injury. You may want to look into getting set up with a physical therapist and start going to therapy weekly, I know this could be beneficial in many ways.. And I know it can also be frightening in many ways. Through my two weeks going on three I have found that I am mentally a lot more prepared than I was in the years before, I was terrified of the W/D's from hearing horrifying stories from friends, and ever since then it felt like I was too scared to endure the restless nights with RLS and the anxiety.

I am here to tell you that I did not get hardly ANY sleep the first week and I still managed to crawl out of bed each day (feeling stronger mentally) and go on about my daily routine. Try not to sink to far into the negative thoughts, or that you can not endure what your are about to be put through. You CAN and WILL.

A question I have are you dosing in the AM, or PM? Or what is the plan for the every other day dose?

Wish you the best and hope you have some helping hands with the move!

mammaj Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyConceious View Post
    Moving is no fun WHAT-SO-EVER.. I have had to help move my sister from PA to KY over four times, and moved her a couple since then. I'm already burnt on moving and I haven't moved myself LoL!

I have a prior neck injury that is bothersome from time to time, I try to exercise as frequent as possible and strengthen the injury. You may want to look into getting set up with a physical therapist and start going to therapy weekly, I know this could be beneficial in many ways.. And I know it can also be frightening in many ways. Through my two weeks going on three I have found that I am mentally a lot more prepared than I was in the years before, I was terrified of the W/D's from hearing horrifying stories from friends, and ever since then it felt like I was too scared to endure the restless nights with RLS and the anxiety.

I am here to tell you that I did not get hardly ANY sleep the first week and I still managed to crawl out of bed each day (feeling stronger mentally) and go on about my daily routine. Try not to sink to far into the negative thoughts, or that you can not endure what your are about to be put through. You CAN and WILL.

A question I have are you dosing in the AM, or PM? Or what is the plan for the every other day dose?

Wish you the best and hope you have some helping hands with the move!
    I'm expecting the depression to an extent. I told my husband after the first 3 to 4 days of jumping off make me get up and do stuff. I've been stretching every day.
    I'm now at 1/4 of a 1 mg piece. Skipping every other day until I feel better. Then will go every 2 days till feeling normal which is about 3 4 days for me usually. I'm going to mid next week before I jump 2 day's and balance out before I jump. Then be down a few days. Our move is a long time coming. It's going to be so nice and affordable!
    Then I agree enough moving for a long time! !

mammaj Guest

I have meds to help me sleep so I've been ok so far as far as that goes.
    Mostly pain and fatigue.

I'm so excited for you. You're almost done!!

Good luck with the skip days. I'm sure you will be just fine. Aside from some minor WD symptoms, you should expect the jump go smoothly.

Sorry to hear about the pain issues. I can relate. I had back surgery 6 years ago when I was 32, and again last October. Yuck!

Keep us posted.
    Kat

mammaj Guest

Thanks so much Kat!!
    Holding tough. Had lot of hot flashes last night and this morning but are bearable! Very very nasty headache this morning but that's not an odd occurrence for me! Could be a combination of sub's and my sinus issues. But will see where today takes me!!

mammaj Guest

Any recommendations for the splitting headache?!?!

I get headaches all the time. I swear by Excedrin. It almost always relieves my headache. Also, if it gets really bad, I put a cold pack at the base of my neck. A nap usually works too!

Kat

mammaj Guest

The headache lasted into early afternoon the ice pack helped and the excedrin was the one that works! Sneezing up a storm but that will pass in time. On the plus side I felt better than I have in a couple days. I know the stretching makes a big difference for the pain so forcing myself to get on floor and do it daily and walk weather permitting! Cold again!!!! Cm on spring! ! I don't know where other folks live but in NY 2 hours above NYC it's cold as dead winter again tonight while out with dog on a short walk...
    Have a awesome night everyone. I'll be back later! J ♡

mammaj Guest

[QUOTE=Iwantoff2013;426315]I'm so excited for you. You're almost done!!
    Good luck with the skip days. I'm sure you will be just fine. Aside from some minor WD symptoms, you should expect the jump go smoothly.

Sorry to hear about the pain issues. I can relate. I had back surgery 6 years ago when I was 32, and again last October. Yuck!

Keep us posted.
    Kat[/QUOTE

Kat! I'm going to think long and hard ab I UT different surgical procedures. Some say that they can cut the nerves for the bad disc's and what's causing my sciatica.
    Other Dr's different opinions and options.
    May I ask what option you took? If not I completely understand. Your privacy.

Did it help any or do you see yourself going thru this all the time now? Multiple surgeries or able to live with it?
    They can't fix my scoliosis but maybe help a little.
    Thanks! J

Glad to hear your headache finally went away and that you're feeling better in general. Sucks that it's so cold there. I'm in So Cal so it's quite the opposite here...it was about 75 today. (ok, you can slap me now..lol)

I don't mind you asking. For both surgeries I had a discectomy. The first one helped tremendously for a few years. Unfortunately, my discs herniated again and scar tissue became a problem. After just dealing with the pain for a couple more years, I had the second surgery last October. My back pain is much less frequent now, but my surgeon says there's no guarantee as to what may happen down the line. There's talk of having a fusion done but I refuse to do that. I do yoga and stretching which seems to help a bit. The sciatic pain still lingers.

What has your doc suggested?

mammaj Guest

Cool p.t. for now

They say until I'm completely out of the woods with meds for at least 30 days or more they want to re evaluate.
    Naturally I will experience more pain than usual as we all know already. We all have a taste of that. That's how it started with me. Prescribed for years just kept increasing my dos.e. I'm glad I got away from that dr of 4 yyears . walks in looks at ears eyes listens to heart breathing writes rx's and walks out. When I met dr Maya totally by accident on a Saturday and made such a impact on me made me feel so comfortable in that 15 minutes didn't push me let me do it in my own time and a little more than a month later I detoxed in a hospital for 3 days with fluids and appropriate meds. Started subs and home I went.
    So yeah surgery gonna be a big move maybe next spring. Go into the city for hospitals that do that stuff. Hospital for special surgery best option for something like that. Dr's up here in Catskills are good but not for something like that! So Def an option down the road. Anti inflammatory meds. Muscle relaxer is helping lot with pain. Robaxin tremendous help with w/d symptoms.
    Will see how I sleep tonight! Kinda awake but haven't taken a trazodone yet either. No nap so should sleep some I hope.
    Okay I Rambling! Enjoy your So Cal weather. Love the warmth but can handle no change of seasons. Lived in TTucson many years ago for a year. Missed my NE weather as much as I complain !!!

mammaj Guest

Day 2 no subs. Lot of pain today and have been in bathroom quite a bit. Pinched nerve in my side shooting down leg. Been on floor stretching with no relief.
    Will check in again later.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Mammaj: I hope your pain gets some better. Some people report that after they've been off the opiates for a bit that the pain does subside some. It has to do with your brain being used to that "instant relief" and that once your brain starts producing natural chemicals again, the pain subsides. I don't know, I'm not a doc, but I hope that happens with you once your body and brain begin to heal. Wishing you every bit of peace and luck with this.

Iloerose

mammaj Guest

Thank you Rose! Ended up in ER today but just muscle relaxer & anti inflammatory meds. Helping a lot.
    I have no choice I have to look into ortho surgeon to see what my options are. This will never go away unless I attempt to fix it .
    If by chance I'm not lucky and it doesn't work at least I tried. I've accepted my addiction and will do all I can to not go back there. And look for other results besides opiates.
    Thanks for everyone and your support! Day 2 is almost over and I'm almost there! Very excited!
    Hope everyone has a wonderful night!

mammaj Guest

Day 3 no subs!!
    Little to no symptoms except for a pounding headache this morning that won't bear me any mercy!
    Tylenol. .. motrin etc.
    I'll get there! Hope I'm past the worst of this other than some pain and headaches mild sweating and chills I'm okay!!

Day 3 is great! I'm sorry to hear you landed in the ER. Yuck. Like Rose said, your pain levels should stabilize once you've got some clean time under your belt.

Don't forget about the Excedrin for headaches. Hope you start feeling better.

You're on your way!
    Kat

mammaj Guest

Realized my blood pressure was high therefore the pounding headache. Took my Clonidine and had relief. Now I'm very sleepy and going to lay down!
    Aahhhh!

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    Day 3 is great! I'm sorry to hear you landed in the ER. Yuck. Like Rose said, your pain levels should stabilize once you've got some clean time under your belt.

Don't forget about the Excedrin for headaches. Hope you start feeling better.

You're on your way!
    Kat

Just wanted to check in. How are you? Are you on day 10 no subs??

Give us an update when you can. Hope you're feeling well!
    Kat

mammaj Guest

Default hi

Yes I am Kat thank you for asking!
    Doing well definitely fatigue and sweats but tolerable.
    I've been meaning to check in and update but it's been very busy lately with preparing for the move. Packing. Going to see Mom @ nursing home. Starting physical therapy tomorrow. Then seeing an iintervention pain management. (injections in the back and see what other options I have.
    Sooooo I'm doing well! Thanks again! I'll check in after physical therapy!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12