Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes
Another attempt, a new approach
    Irishgirl555 is offline Member

Default Another attempt, a new approach

Hi everyone! Been a while since I've posted here...I was on here about a year and a half ago when my doc cut me off subs around 10-12mg...it was my fault...anyway, I found a new doc and had cut down from my original dose of 20mg down to 2mg and have been steady since then...I've been on subs now almost 6 years...well, new doc thinks it's time to come off and has this whole plan which I just started...basically day one, no subs (this was yesterday) but I can take clonopin, clonodine, and trazedone...then today I take 1mg naltrexone (along with comfort meds), tomorrow 3mg naltrexone with comfort meds, etc...this goes to day 5 with 25mg of naltrexone and then Monday get the Vivitrol shot...I've just been reading so many mixed things about naltrexone and vivitrol...I mean today wasn't horrible but it's just the beginning and I've been through it before...of course on a much higher dose of subs and no meds to help...but I'm already antsy, my stomach is messed up...anyone have any experiences with naltrexone and vivitrol? Just thought maybe it would help if I started writing again...oh, and many emotions happening today, think I've already cried twice lol...thanks everyone!
    UncleLeo likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Irishgirl555 View Post
    Hi everyone! Been a while since I've posted here...I was on here about a year and a half ago when my doc cut me off subs around 10-12mg...it was my fault...anyway, I found a new doc and had cut down from my original dose of 20mg down to 2mg and have been steady since then...I've been on subs now almost 6 years...well, new doc thinks it's time to come off and has this whole plan which I just started...basically day one, no subs (this was yesterday) but I can take clonopin, clonodine, and trazedone...then today I take 1mg naltrexone (along with comfort meds), tomorrow 3mg naltrexone with comfort meds, etc...this goes to day 5 with 25mg of naltrexone and then Monday get the Vivitrol shot...I've just been reading so many mixed things about naltrexone and vivitrol...I mean today wasn't horrible but it's just the beginning and I've been through it before...of course on a much higher dose of subs and no meds to help...but I'm already antsy, my stomach is messed up...anyone have any experiences with naltrexone and vivitrol? Just thought maybe it would help if I started writing again...oh, and many emotions happening today, think I've already cried twice lol...thanks everyone!
    Welcome back. You've come a long way, Baby!!

I do have some personal experience with Naltrexone both for myself and for my son. All in all, it's safe and has few if any side effects and it does its job of blocking the effects of opiates and alcohol. Having said, that the program that you have outlined here doesn't make sense to me as the best avenue to get you off the subs. Robert's Plan here really is the tried and true method that if followed correctly will make the final jump the most comfortable.

What troubles me about what you've described is that one of the things that the Naltrexone is going to do is to quickly pull the opiates off your receptors and therefore creating detox symptoms. One of the most important parts of Robert's Plan is to be absolutely sure that you are far enough into withdrawal before you take the first dose of subs so that it removes the danger of precipitated withdrawals. By introducing the Naltrexone without waiting is doing the same thing as taking the sub too soon. When my son decided to get the Naltrexone (by an implanted pellet). He detoxed inpatient during which time they gave him 20mg of methadone on his first day and reduced that by 5mg per day. He was given his last 5mg dose the day he was discharged. I don't agree with this system at all. All this did was to make his time in detox a little more comfortable but then when he was discharged, he got to experience the detox symptoms from the mdone and it took much longer. This was the third time that he had gone to inpatient, got the implant but then relapsed anyway. That's another post for another time.

He had an appointment to begin the process of getting the Naltrexone so off we went. The first thing they did was to test his urine and saw that he still tested positive for mdone and told him they would not give him the Naltrexone until he tested negative for two consecutive screens. It took a little more than two weeks for that to happen. Because we knew the process, the second time he went to get the implant he was still positive for opiates and he knew it so in his ultimate wisdom, he cheated the screen and they gave him the Naltrexone. I don't know how we made the 2 hour ride home. He was literally out of his mind with detox symptoms the likes of which I had never seen before and hope I never do again. This went on for two or three days and was a nightmare. Precipitated withdrawals at their finest. Both times that he waited for the Naltrexone until he was squeaky clean, it went off without a hitch. Of course, the dose of Naltrexone he was given was much higher than what you are taking at first so hopefully you'll avoid getting this sick but nonetheless, I would expect that you'll not feel well at the very least.

I'm sure that your doctor's intent is to introduce the Naltrexone gradually so that it will speed up detox by allowing the small dose of Naltrexone to boot all the subs off your receptors and his logic is that it won't send you into full PW. I don't know but you were still at 2mg of sub/day and that is still way too high to be jumping from it and essentially that's what your doctor is doing by using the Naltrexone before you are completely clean of the subs. I suppose if you're going to try this method, if nothing else it will remove the build up of subs from your system more quickly than if you tapered or just jumped but I'm just going to guess that your discomfort is the Naltrexone fighting for position on your receptors and as your dose increases, so will your symptoms until the subs have been completely replaced with the Naltrexone.

Obviously I'm not a doctor and I can't say for sure how this is going to work but I think I do know enough that I can predict how this is going to make you feel. Oh I do hope that this works for you and ends up being doable. That would be great. I just don't see that it's going to be the least painful way of doing things. If this doesn't work, I suppose you can get back on the subs and continue to taper. Once you've completed the taper, then you can consider the Naltexone. Just remember that it's not magic. Yes. It will block the effects of opiates and might even help with cravings but all your underlying issues will remain and will still need to be addressed. Doing your recovery work will always be the most important part of all of this.

Please keep updating. I, and everyone else, will be interested in knowing how this goes for you. I hope I'm wrong and this goes smoothly.

Peace,

Cat
    UncleLeo likes this.

Hi Cat! Thank you for your reply, it means a lot...I feel like Roberts plan would be best also but doctor apparently says this is the way to go...what you said about naltrexone is what I've been reading so I'm really confused as to why my doc would want me to go this route...things are already worse today with the antsy feeling...it's like I want to jump out of my skin!! It's like my body is screaming for subs or any opiate at this point!! That to me is the worst feeling ever....I took 3mg of naltrexone this morning and a clonodine which doesn't seem to help much lol...I'll keep posting, sorry if it's not super upbeat though...thanks again, so much, for your reply :-)

Jessica
    Catrina likes this.

Hi Cat! Thank you for your reply, it means a lot...I feel like Roberts plan would be best also but doctor apparently says this is the way to go...what you said about naltrexone is what I've been reading so I'm really confused as to why my doc would want me to go this route...things are already worse today with the antsy feeling...it's like I want to jump out of my skin!! It's like my body is screaming for subs or any opiate at this point!! That to me is the worst feeling ever....I took 3mg of naltrexone this morning and a clonodine which doesn't seem to help much lol...I'll keep posting, sorry if it's not super upbeat though...thanks again, so much, for your reply :-)

Jessica
    Thanks for the update, Jess. The Naltrexone isn't going to do anything to help with symptoms and I'm sure you know that. It's a close relative to Narcan. The clonodine is supposed to help with all those ants in your pants and your body feels like it's screaming for an opiate because it is!!

I agree. I don't understand your doctor's reasoning and if this gets too hard, don't be afraid to call him and tell him so.

Keep updating.

Peace,

Cat
    Autumnhopes and Randy35 like this.

Hi Cat! My doctor is actually in Peru, perfect timing, right? But he said there's another doctor there I can call if I need to...I'm going to call him because I need to understand this much more than I do...this is so terrible, but I went and bought alcohol!! I feel so terrible, I just want to feel better...the clonodine helps for maybe 2 hours but I can only take it every 4 hours...since it's a BP med, I don't want to overdo it...I'm gonna call the other doctor here soon to see if I can get more info...my doc made it sound like you'll have maybe 3 days of not bad withdrawl, then you get vivitrol shot and you're good to go...but I've been through this before, without naltrexone or vivitrol, and withdrawl barely began on day 3...so I don't understand how magically, this is all gonna disappear when I get the shot on Monday
    Catrina likes this.

Hi Cat! My doctor is actually in Peru, perfect timing, right? But he said there's another doctor there I can call if I need to...I'm going to call him because I need to understand this much more than I do...this is so terrible, but I went and bought alcohol!! I feel so terrible, I just want to feel better...the clonodine helps for maybe 2 hours but I can only take it every 4 hours...since it's a BP med, I don't want to overdo it...I'm gonna call the other doctor here soon to see if I can get more info...my doc made it sound like you'll have maybe 3 days of not bad withdrawl, then you get vivitrol shot and you're good to go...but I've been through this before, without naltrexone or vivitrol, and withdrawl barely began on day 3...so I don't understand how magically, this is all gonna disappear when I get the shot on Monday
    Oh my. A shot on Monday. Hmmm At the very least, you can order test kits for the sub online. They're pretty cheap. I think I only paid about $10 for three of them when I was testing my son before he got the Naltrexone. I paid like an extra $5 for overnight shipping. I'm not sure of those amounts but I know it wasn't cost prohibitive. I absolutely wouldn't let them give me a shot of Vivitrol unless I tested clean for the sub. I saw my son and it wasn't pretty.

Let me know what this doctor tells you after you talk to him. I'm super curious right now.

Peace,

Cat

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Hello Irishgirl -

Cat has provided you with straightforward advice. I sure wouldn't be getting that Vivitrol shot on Monday if you have the least amount of Suboxone in your system. When Cat speaks of the horrors of precipitaed withdrawals she isn't joking. She witnessed her son going through it and the worst part is there is NOTHING you can do about it except let it pass. I've been through them twice and I'll tell you for a fact it's not something you EVER want to experience.

Here's a link from this site (Drugs.com) providing some info about mixing Suboxone (Buprenorphine) and Vivitrol....
    https://www.drugs.com/drug-interacti...1684-2429.html

As you can clearly see the two don't mix well. Is there any chance you could get back on the 2mg dose of Suboxone and taper off? I think that's what I would be doing if it were me. Please make absolutely certain theres no residual amounts of sub in your system before the Vivitrol. With the long half life of the subs it's entirely possible, and really most likely you will still have some left even after this time you've been off.

Take care.

Randy
    Catrina likes this.

Hi Randy! From what I've been reading I don't understand this way at all!! But my doctor said since I'm taking naltrexone in increasing amounts up until I get the vivitrol shot, everything will be fine...this isn't as bad as when I tried to stop from around 10mg but it's still bad and I'm a baby lol...I also don't like that when I called the doctor multiple times yesterday, the doctor who is supposed to help me since my doctor is out of the country, I only get a call back after 5pm from the receptionist dating doctor said you're fine, you're just going through withdrawl and we are calling you in a muscle relaxer...like, wtf?! Let's just keep throwing more pills at me, which aren't helping very much btw...I've been on suboxone 6 years this November and part of me would be totally fine being on it forever...but I think I only say that because I'm scared I'll never feel good off of it...I'm also afraid it will change me as a person, like I won't be the funny, outgoing girl I usually am...so, I think it's fear holding me back...before I get the shot Monday, I'm going to talk to the other doctor because this just seems crazy to me...thanks for all of your advice :-)

Jessica

Boo for detoxing!! Been going strong for 5 days and it's back to work for me tomorrow...I'm hoping it's a welcomed distraction...last time when I stopped I could barely make it through work...I'd get up every 20 minutes because I just couldn't sit still...but it took all my strength just to move!! It's so crazy to me how much pain this drug causes when you get off of it...but it's pretty amazing that our bodies are able to get itself back, after the pain of course...I guess nothing is free in life and if you wanna play, you're gonna have to pay at some point...I swear I would be totally fine with all the symptoms, even not sleeping because I do enjoy tv and movies and reading, etc...but I cannot handle not being comfortable in my own skin!! It's driving me crazy!! I don't think it's restless legs, I think it's my body rebelling and screaming at me to give it something, anything...uugghhh sorry to vent, I just think maybe it helps me a little

Jessica
    UncleLeo likes this.

Boo for detoxing!! Been going strong for 5 days and it's back to work for me tomorrow...I'm hoping it's a welcomed distraction...last time when I stopped I could barely make it through work...I'd get up every 20 minutes because I just couldn't sit still...but it took all my strength just to move!! It's so crazy to me how much pain this drug causes when you get off of it...but it's pretty amazing that our bodies are able to get itself back, after the pain of course...I guess nothing is free in life and if you wanna play, you're gonna have to pay at some point...I swear I would be totally fine with all the symptoms, even not sleeping because I do enjoy tv and movies and reading, etc...but I cannot handle not being comfortable in my own skin!! It's driving me crazy!! I don't think it's restless legs, I think it's my body rebelling and screaming at me to give it something, anything...uugghhh sorry to vent, I just think maybe it helps me a little

Jessica
    Sorry you're having a tough time. Do you have any valerian root or melatonin? Those are supposed to help with sleep. To be honest, it didn't induce sleep for me but it did help me to relax a little. I totally understand what you're feeling. It's terrible to not only be tired and not be able to sleep but it makes it unbearable when you can't get comfortable or be still. Try one of those supplements and hopefully it'll help a little bit. Anything is better than nothing!

I see that the on call doctor was a huge help. I hate that! I guess your questions are going to have to wait until Monday. What did he tell you? Three days of detox symptoms?? Hmmmm You're finishing Day 5? So much for that theory. Ha! Sorry. You don't need sarcasm at this point but I couldn't resist.

Keep updating.

Peace,

Cat

lol exactly Cat!!! He seems to think after day 5 it's smooth sailing...I don't understand doctors...I kinda wish they had to actually go through this so they really understood...that sounds mean though because I wouldn't wish this on anyone...he only gave me enough of these "comfort meds" for 5 days...I'll have them a bit longer because I'm not taking as many as prescribed...he told me he's gotten hundreds of people off suboxone and it won't be as bad as I think...idk, it just sucks!! Right when I open my eyes in the morning it's like this jolt of electricity shooting through my body...I went for a walk yesterday and that seemed to take my mind off how I felt so that's good...thanks for listening and replying, it means a lot

Jessica
    UncleLeo likes this.

UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

Hang in there Irish...and I'm so confused though. They have you on what? The naltrexone and a Vivitrol shot? Or the shot is supposed to be tomorrow? And after 6 years your doc decided the best time to do this to you was while he want on vacay? He couldn't wait two weeks after 6 years? Smh.

Magnesium salt baths can help calm the muscles...and just keep trying those walks or anything in nature seems to sooth. And blueberries and almonds/yogurt - all somewhat calm the discomfort...

Hey Leo! So good to see you're still around :-) when I did this last time, went through 25 days of hell, before getting back on subs, you really inspired me...I thought it wouldn't be this bad this time around with all these "comfort meds" and stopping at 2mg...

So, this is the doctors protocol I'm following...took my last sliver of sub Monday night, then Wednesday morning, took 1mg naltrexone, Thursday morning, 3mg naltrexone, Friday morning, 12mg naltrexone, and yesterday morning, 25mg naltrexone

From what I read, naltrexone is the same as vivitrol...no naltrexone today and vivitrol shot tomorrow at 1230pm

Idk, I'm seriously ready to break...my family is so supportive but I can't stand feeling this way!!! I'm at work today and I can't focus, I'm so tired but can't sit still...I want to scream or cry or beg a stranger for any drug that will help me!!! I just don't feel right or normal or good and I hate it!!!

Honestly, I just don't know what to do...

Jessica

My biggest reason for getting the vivitrol shot is that will force me to not have any opiates for at least 30 days...even if I wanted to give in, from what I read, it won't do anything...then I'm hoping after 30 days I'll be good as new...but then the other side of my brain is like, you're about to jump off the roof on day 6, if you get the shot and still feel sick af, you're screwed!!!
    Catrina likes this.

My biggest reason for getting the vivitrol shot is that will force me to not have any opiates for at least 30 days...even if I wanted to give in, from what I read, it won't do anything...then I'm hoping after 30 days I'll be good as new...but then the other side of my brain is like, you're about to jump off the roof on day 6, if you get the shot and still feel sick af, you're screwed!!!
    That's the beauty of the Vivitrol shot. Even if you wanted to use, there's no sense in it just like you said. Don't forget that there's a huge mental part of this. I'd pace and keep thinking over and over--do I cave and just get some temporary relief? No. That's stupid. Next minute, back to considering it. Once that choice is removed, no sense debating with ones self. You're doing the right thing with the Vivitrol. Yes. I have concerns about the way this doctor is dealing with this but it'll be good once you get past all of this hard part. Please insist on a UA before you get the shot to see if there's still some sub present. The Naltrexone you're taking is pulling some of the sub off of your receptors. The question is whether it will be entirely gone or not.

Also, consider staying on the Vivitrol for more than 30 days. Take it from my experience. Thirty days isn't long enough and the Vivitrol shouldn't be the only thing you're doing for your recovery. It's only a tool and doesn't replace the need to do your recovery work. Sorry to be a wet blanket but I tell it like it is. )

Peace,

CAt

Haha Cat, a wet blanket you surely are not! My mom has been sober for 25 years, she was never into drugs, but drinking...it runs in my family BIG TIME....I've been in and out of AA and NA since I was a teenager...my mom is really encouraging me to go to a meeting and she says it can be AA but I feel like I'm more into the drug world....I drink on occasion but it's not an issue for me...at least at this point in my life, it has been for sure...I looked up some meetings but when I did this a while back I went to some and just didn't connect with anyone and didn't find one I totally loved...I'm 6 days into this, I just keep reverting back to last time, on day 25, I still wanted to die, and that scares me, never feeling myself again....I'll keep posting though...it helps knowing others have been through this...nobody I know has so I try to explain but it doesn't sound bad

One other thing...the doctor told me this is a new study of some sort of getting people off subs that is supposed to be th best, easiest, and more people stay off doing it this way....ahhh I wish he was not in Peru because this doctor I've been seeing since I got back on sub after the 25 days off and I really like him

Do you have to work for the next 30 days? How is all that set up for you? Like Cat said - it will be nice once behind you...but does seem like it could be kinda rough 30 days no? Just trying to understand and be supportive
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

I took 5 days off work so I came back today...people ask what's wrong and I say I'm just not feeling good...one girl said I can tell by your eyes, you look high...lol if she only knew me high...that's kinda funny, someone thinking I'm high when I'm sober and I've been to work high plenty of times...anyway, Leo, yes I do have to work lol...I wish I didn't but living in San Diego is getting very expensive!! I'm off Tuesdays and Wednesdays so I'll get off at 630 tonight and then work 730-430 tomorrow...but at 1230, I go for the vivitrol shot...I'm still going back and forth with it but I'm gonna ask them to test me to make sure all the sub is gone...if I get the shot and go into worse withdrawl, I don't know what I'd do...like I said, I'm a baby with this >>>>...I'm also scared that once I'm off, I'm gonna go to something else...it's what I've done my whole life!! Hoping this time I get hooked on spartan races or something...I'm set up to do my first one in December...I'm scared about that too! I'm in pretty good shape but right now walking upstairs gets me winded...wow, listen to me, it's like every other sentence is I'm scared, I'm scared....gosh, even I'm getting sick of me complaining
    UncleLeo likes this.

Another thing besides all this crazy sneezing, is usually I'm hot!! Like I always have a fan on me, I like when the temperature is like in the 60's or below (unless I'm at the beach or a pool)...I've been complaining about how hot it's been...and now it's 75 degrees out, nice breeze, people are in shorts and t-shirts and I'm in a freaking hoodie freezing cold!! These symptoms I can handle though...just think it's so weird that all this stuff happens to your body once you take something away...I've also been crying at like the dumbest things and my emotions are all over the place

Question for people who have gotten off...I'm not quite sure how to explain this one so hoping it's "normal"...it's like I don't feel right, but the world does not feel right at all...things look different and it just seems off somehow...it's like someone put a veil over my eyes or took one off and the world just seems wrong or odd somehow...I'm not sure if I'm explaining that well, but does anyone know what I'm talking about??
    UncleLeo and Beefaroni7272 like this.

Good luck today, Irish. Be sure to let us know how you did and how you're feeling once you've been to the doctor. I see that you're going to ask to be tested for the presence of subs. Good idea!!! Fingers crossed that this goes well for you.

Peace,

Cat

Question for people who have gotten off...I'm not quite sure how to explain this one so hoping it's "normal"...it's like I don't feel right, but the world does not feel right at all...things look different and it just seems off somehow...it's like someone put a veil over my eyes or took one off and the world just seems wrong or odd somehow...I'm not sure if I'm explaining that well, but does anyone know what I'm talking about??"

You explained it perfectly.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Thank you Cat, I'll definitely let you know how it goes...and thanks Leo, I thought I was going crazy

Getting nervous about the doctor...not sure why...trying to keep myself distracted with work...nobody said I look high today, so that's good lol...and, I'm really trying to hold onto this, on my drive to work, I had my music loud and was singing and dancing, like the dorky person I usually am (which I was afraid I'd never be me again)...after a few minutes I thought, omg, I feel good, normal, just like how I used to be driving into work....so just that short period of relief and feeling how I usually do, gave me some hope....also, I'm not sure if you guys know, but reading your stories on here, and all of you who are replying on my thread, it helps more than I can even put into words, so thank you :-)

I'll update again after doctor!!

Jess

Ok well got the vivitrol shot about 20 min ago...not sure how long it would take if I was going to have a bad reaction to it...they didn't want to test for any suboxone...the woman who gave me the shot just said, "it'll be 7 days at 8pm tonight since your last dose, you should be ok...but if your not, just call us and we'll call the doctor to see what to do"...that scares me, I feel like a test subject lol...well, fingers crossed...
    Catrina likes this.

Ok well got the vivitrol shot about 20 min ago...not sure how long it would take if I was going to have a bad reaction to it...they didn't want to test for any suboxone...the woman who gave me the shot just said, "it'll be 7 days at 8pm tonight since your last dose, you should be ok...but if your not, just call us and we'll call the doctor to see what to do"...that scares me, I feel like a test subject lol...well, fingers crossed...
    WOW! That's great. I mean really great. I would imagine that if the shot was going to make you sick, it would have done it by now. Please do keep us posted on how you're feeling. This is amazing and to be honest, I would have been terrified to have let them give me that shot today like you did but if you're doing well, I'm glad that you are braver than me! The only point of reference I have is from my son that I told you about. He was crazy sick within a half hour. It looks like this method worked for you (I hope so). The small but increasing doses of Naltrexone must have pulled the sub from your receptors explaining why you were experiencing some mild symptoms but enough was gone that the shot didn't make you sick. I'm so happy for you!

Peace,

Cat

Thank you so much Cat...I wish this shot was like magic though, and made me go back to my "normal feeling self" lol...but what I do know is even if I want to take any opiate at this point, it won't help me so I'm pretty much committed now...I'll keep updating for sure...off work in a couple hours and then have 2 days off

JLEAST617 is offline New Member

Hi irishgirl555:

Congrats on getting off of subs. You should be very proud of yourself & you are certainly a strong person.

I too was on them for more years than I'd like to admit, and although quitting was very difficult (even with a taper) it was the best thing I ever did for myself. Life is so much better without taking a pill that dulls everything everyday.

I was prescribed naltrexone because I couldn't afford the vivitrol shot - I have no insurance. Naltrexone is the pill form of the shot. You have likely been feeling so lousy because you were given Naltrexone too soon. The same thing happened to me. I took the pill 6 days after my last sub dose and got very ill very quickly. It was by far the sickest I've ever been - felt like the flu from hell! It lasted a couple days. But the good thing is you had it in your system so I believe that's probably why you weren't sick when vivitrol was administered today.

Stay strong.
    One piece of advice I can give you that I wish I'd listened to: time is the only thing that heals. There are no pills, comfort meds or magic potions to make withdrawals go away. And if they do, they aren't helping and only going to hurt you in the long run.
    I searched everywhere, googled crazy questions, just to find some relief. I believe clonodine is truly one of the most beneficial and I'm glad I went to the er and requested it when I was in suboxone withdrawal. I was also prescribed trazadonw in that er visit and it just made me feel hungover the next day so I used it ONLY if I'd been up for 3 nights in a row which wasn't often.

You don't mention if your taking any vitamins. I found vitamins helped me quite a bit, probably more than I know because while they didn't make me feel "better" Instantly I certainly noticed after a few weeks that I did feel good.

I have been clean 2 years and just recently returned to this forum to help others after being a long time horror story reader. Also, try to stay away from negative posts, and look for positive stories of recovery of people that have come out the other side.

I'm rooting for you. All the sleepless nights, struggles, body aches, sweats, nausea, etc. it's all worth it. Life is beautiful away from suboxone. Stay strong & keep faith that every day it will get better - even if at a snails pace.
    UncleLeo likes this.

Hi JLeast!! Omg thank you so much for posting and letting me know you've done this and are through it and happy and feel good...it makes me feel like this all will be worth it...my insurance wouldn't cover the shot but my doctor said they had a sample and gave it to me so I won't be getting it again...I have been taking clonodine, once when I wake up and once before attempting to go to sleep...they also gave me trazadone but I worry because I'm also on Paxil for anxiety problems and I've read you can get like seratonin syndrome with trazadone if you take other stuff that ups your seratonin...I've taken it twice but will only take it if I really need it...the "comfort meds" should be gone now but I don't take as many as they say...so the only way I've been falling asleep is 1mg klonopin, 0.1mg clonodine, muscle relaxer and a hot shower...that's at least worked the last 2 nights...but I'll be out of those meds soon so we'll see about sleep then....I just hate that it's been 7 days and I'm still not a happy camper or feeling good lol...I'm very impatient!!! Thank you so much for posting, it means so much!!

Oh, and as for vitamins, I've been taking a multi vitamin everyday along with 1000mg of vitamin c...is there anything else I should add?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast