Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
Anyone have lingering stomach issues after quitting Suboxone?
    weanqueen is offline Member

Default Anyone have lingering stomach issues after quitting Suboxone?

Hello!
    21 days clean today. 90mg Norco habit 4-5 years, Suboxone 45 days. All of my WD symptoms have subsided, and I'm so grateful for that, but I am having so many stomach problems. I'm just wondering if anyone else if having these as well, and how long until their tummy regulated?

I fall asleep fine on my own, but I wake up every 2 hours on the hour with horrible stomach cramps and having to rush to the bathroom. Not sleeping well isn't helping my recovery at all. I have Ulcerative Colitis, and I would just think I am in a flare but I know my body and I know this is different. It could be how my Colitis is now behaving after quitting, I suppose.

TMI warning, sorry :/ just wondering if anyone else is having same symptoms or have.
    I'm not having D, just very loose stools and horrific urgency, and a strong terrible sulfur smell that I've never had before, bad stomach cramps once the urgency sets in, and burping which I've NEVER had beforein my life. Lots of burping its gross. No blood, which would be indicative of UC, also I can't feel my colon inflamed anymore, so I'm inclined to think it isn't my UC by itself causing my discomfort and it's the Suboxone WD.

Anyone else have these symptoms for a while after quitting? When did they stop? I'm just wondering when I'll be able to sleep :P I know everyone is different and blah blah, obviously, I am just gathering info. I'm going a little bit crazy, honestly. I still make myself work out and stuff but the not sleeping is wearing on me for sure. I wake up at 7am everyday no matter what, so if I don't have enough sleep by then, I'm screwed.

Thanks for any of your input if you have experience with this it's like my UC went away and now I have IBS:/
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-03-2017 at 10:34 AM.
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Yes. I've read from others that they had lingering stomach issues for a bit after their jump. You might check out Uncle Leo's and Ming's threads. They did a very slow sub taper and had what seemed to be a tougher time than most both during their taper and after their jump related to their stomachs.

Ming had some good suggestions for Uncle Leo (that I can't remember!). Maybe check both their threads when you have some time.

Peace,

Cat
    UncleLeo and weanqueen like this.

UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

Ohhh the stomach issues...indeed. So luckily, for one, it's mostly temporary. And two - gotta rebuild the "good bacteria" most likely for you - we all recover differently. Mingy and I used (still use) sips of apple cider vinegar, probiotics...thinking what else helped...light walks after meals. I drink a beet root probiotic juice that's really helped a lot.

If you can get to a Farmer's Market, just fresh whole foods can make a difference over a few weeks/months. (And the burping, lol, I had forgotten about that one...that should run it's course in time just try to avoid carbonation and broccoli for now).

If you have more questions...fire away. I went through IT with my tummy pretty badly...and Ming's wasn't a ton better.
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleLeo View Post
    Ohhh the stomach issues...indeed. So luckily, for one, it's mostly temporary. And two - gotta rebuild the "good bacteria" most likely for you - we all recover differently. Mingy and I used (still use) sips of apple cider vinegar, probiotics...thinking what else helped...light walks after meals. I drink a beet root probiotic juice that's really helped a lot.

If you can get to a Farmer's Market, just fresh whole foods can make a difference over a few weeks/months. (And the burping, lol, I had forgotten about that one...that should run it's course in time just try to avoid carbonation and broccoli for now).

If you have more questions...fire away. I went through IT with my tummy pretty badly...and Ming's wasn't a ton better.
    Wow, thank you so much replying, I was starting to feel like I was just doomed to be gross forever!
    Ok questions,
    1. How long or what day/month mark did you start to feel better? I want to go to meetings but I'm scared of bathroom troubles.
    2. Where do you buy your probiotic juice? I bought some made by tropicana but it's got lots of sugar and I don't really trust the amount of live cultures in it, but it did stop my stomach burning a few times.
    3. Did you take any medicine, imodium, or Gasx? Imodium causes me hours of pain, and Gas X seemed to actually help the bloating and cramping for a short time.

The burping is so gross! LOL, I feel like I'm always burping and I'm not very lady like anymore and I always feel dirty and sometimes take 3 showers a day just because I feel very icky.

Thanks again for writing back, it was so hard to find stuff online about it

Yeah, I know what you mean with the Immodium, I learned to just take tiny sips.

You're at day 21? I'd say give it another month or so for the stomach to calm. The probiotic type stuff you can get at whole foods or any health store or even "Align" tablets they sell at Walgreens.

If burping and/or needing to use the bathroom are your worst symptoms tho then I'd say you're are doing EXCELLENT. Just try to hang in there and take it easy on yourself...if you can walk out in nature that's kinda the best remedy (and you can run behind a bush if you gotta go so bring TP

Quote Originally Posted by UncleLeo View Post
    Yeah, I know what you mean with the Immodium, I learned to just take tiny sips.

You're at day 21? I'd say give it another month or so for the stomach to calm. The probiotic type stuff you can get at whole foods or any health store or even "Align" tablets they sell at Walgreens.

If burping and/or needing to use the bathroom are your worst symptoms tho then I'd say you're are doing EXCELLENT. Just try to hang in there and take it easy on yourself...if you can walk out in nature that's kinda the best remedy (and you can run behind a bush if you gotta go so bring TP
    LOL my next post will say "I just got out of jail, indecent exposure for pooping behind a bush" hahaha jk
    Day 22 today
    yep, those are my worst symptoms! It keeps me in the house, I'm planning to go to a meeting soon, but I don't know when to tell my friend that I want to go because I don't know how my stomach will act :/ that's the worst part. I actually got more sleep last night, though

Omg a month of this I will go crazy but that's better than two months. It seems like everyone has one or two symptoms that are harder and longer for them. Thanks about the probiotic juice! I'm sorta tired of swallowing pills.

PS: anyone reading this who quit w/tummy problems, I had left over Hyosciamine (Levsin) from before and it really helps with the stomach cramping, and slows down your digestive system a bit and eases spasms, would be a good script from your doctor for when you quit,or Bentyl.

Thank you again Uncle Leo! It's nice to know that I won't feel like this forever. If I'm not depressed from quitting, I'll get depressed from the tummy problems :P
    UncleLeo and Ming23 like this.

Anonymous Guest

Hi Wean Queen,
    I just wanted to say congrats and Yes I had the same problem. I have IBS-C. Thought I was gonna have another hernia/BO but when I went to ER and Two docs and nothing. I do believe it's the sub. and our body getting all the toxins out. Hope you're feeling better.
    UncleLeo and weanqueen like this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Weanqueen
    Lol. Yup. Sounds about right. The body takes a while to readapt. Those opiates constipate the system and the sub does its own damage to the gut. I drank quite a few bottles of Imodium after i quit. Hang in there. Eat light, easily digestible foods. Drink plenty of water now. You can do this!!
    weanqueen and UncleLeo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Need Support View Post
    Hi Wean Queen,
    I just wanted to say congrats and Yes I had the same problem. I have IBS-C. Thought I was gonna have another hernia/BO but when I went to ER and Two docs and nothing. I do believe it's the sub. and our body getting all the toxins out. Hope you're feeling better.
    That makes me feel good that it wasn't your IBS, maybe it's not my UC either I'll go to the doctor if I'm still having this trouble at 60 days. and Thank you! never thought I could say "I'm __ days clean", let alone 23!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming23 View Post
    Hey Weanqueen
    Lol. Yup. Sounds about right. The body takes a while to readapt. Those opiates constipate the system and the sub does its own damage to the gut. I drank quite a few bottles of Imodium after i quit. Hang in there. Eat light, easily digestible foods. Drink plenty of water now. You can do this!!
    Do you know for how long your stomach problems lasted? Everyone I've talked to says about 2-3 months and it'll start to regulate,but I truly don't think I can go without sleep for that long. I stopped all of my vitamins for fear that they were causing my stomach problems. I wasn't expecting for this to happen so it's really tearing me down. It's ridiculously difficult to get up every 1 to 2 hours and go to the bathroom, I'm so tired. Hopefully this will subside soon, it's a tough one for me, especially trying to be healthy and gain weight back, gotta put everything on hold hmpf

I think the apple cider vinegar is helping, I only woke up 2 times last night to go to the bathroom. The peppermint tea may be helping as well. I had the ACV, baking soda, water tonic this morning first thing, and I waited 30 minutes to eat. Tummy feels funny, it feels very raw, it feels like I have to go to the bathroom every second, it's kinda hard to tell anymore when I NEED to go and when my stomach is just dancing.

I think I'll still take half an imodium before my bike ride just in case. I don't take the Levsin anymore because the headaches are so bad from it.

If I find anything else that helps I will post it! Oh, white rice with black pepper and turmeric makes my tummy kinda settle down and baked chicken is really the only thing that doesn't hurt my stomach, baby carrots don't hurt either. I bought some oatmeal but I'm afraid to eat it, I'll wait until things calm down. I think my stomach is producing too much acid, my stomach burns sometimes for no reason. I've never been able to feel my stomach ever, only my colon, so this is Sub stuff going on. Makes me happy, because I know it's temporary.

Hope everyone with tummy troubles is doing everything they can! Constant struggle

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Weanqueen
    Well, you have to listen to your gut now. As nurse Bette once or thrice explained to me, the intestines are the producers of our endorphins. When we take endorphins from outside, ie pills, the gut becomes inactive, hence all those ads for opioid related constipation etc on tv! The whole system gets out of whack. Certain foods that we may have enjoyed in the past don't digest well anymore. It takes time for all those good bacteria to reproduce. I take a probiotic of at least 50 billion parts from health food store daily. Stopped all supplements except a B Complex. I don't do well with high fiber foods. When the gut is sensitive, it's best not to challenge it, but to rely more on apple sauce, white bread, and broths. Cooked veggies and canned fruit can be added. I also find plain chicken ok. No spices right now. And i had to change the timing of my eating. Imodium is still useful. However, there is a large segment of the population that also suffers gut issues although they've never taken drugs! So, watch what you eat and note which foods cause burning. Avoid them for now. Today, I'm baking popovers! You're doing great! Hang un there! Monitor your body and treat it according to its responses. You're on your way! Proud of you!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-06-2017 at 12:00 PM.
    weanqueen likes this.

I really don't believe this. I just started the apple cider vinegar and peppermint/ginger teas 2 days ago and last night I fell asleep around 10pm, I was sooo tired and trying my best to stay awake as long as I could, but I fell asleep watching a show, so I didn't do the ACV before bed like planned, but I fell asleep at 10 and woke up at 5:30am! I haven't slept 7 hours straight in almost a month. When I woke up my stomach did hurt, so I went to the bathroom out of habit, and sorry tmi but it was only gas! The night before last I woke up and had to go at 1208am, 400am, and 730am, so last night was a huge improvement and hopefully it'll stay that way!

Anonymous Guest

Hi Weanqueen.
    Hope your stomach is feeling better. I know the feeling. I had no idea it was the sub???? Crazy. I just wanted to say I felt like I had sores in my stomach. I'm normally constipated but since coming off I've had a little D. What the doc put me on is a low fodmap diet. It really helped. Dairy bothers me, gluten, and fats. Never had these problems before but it is helping the problem. Google up fodmaps and check it out. May help.??? Hope all is well.
    weanqueen likes this.

Hi Weanqueen.
    Hope your stomach is feeling better. I know the feeling. I had no idea it was the sub???? Crazy. I just wanted to say I felt like I had sores in my stomach. I'm normally constipated but since coming off I've had a little D. What the doc put me on is a low fodmap diet. It really helped. Dairy bothers me, gluten, and fats. Never had these problems before but it is helping the problem. Google up fodmaps and check it out. May help.??? Hope all is well.
    Hi support! I'm at Day 31 (I think) I got my dates all jumbled but I am feeling much better! I didn't have any improvement until I started the Apple Cider Vinegar with baking soda and water in the mornings and nights, and teas helped me a lot, peppermint and ginger, probiotics are also important.

I am now sleeping through the night, I sleep about 7 hours straight on a good night. My stomach is bad in the morning, I'll have lots of gas and urgency and one or two big BMs within the first two hours I'm awake, which then subsides and for the rest of the day, I'll sort of feel like I have to go, but I usually don't. I'm gaining weight now and I love it. My main issue now is that I don't know whether I can leave the house or when to eat because my stomach feels so raw, I know there aren't sores because I get ulcers in my colon and I know what those feel like, I just feel like I have an extremely sensitive stomach now. If I eat oatmeal in the morning, I can't handle it but later in the day I can. Also I get heart burn now! Very uncomfortable.

How many days are you clean? Has your stomach been able to accept more foods lately?
    I had a HUGE victory yesterday. I was food shopping and I was looking at the food and what to cook, and I thought maybe smoothies might be better for me and easier for my tummy to deal with? So yesterday I had a smoothie with:
    1 banana
    Pieces of pineapple
    Pieces of cantaloupe
    6 leaves of spinach
    2 tablespoons full of Chobani Vanilla Greek Yogurt (not sure why I tolerate yogurt but not milk)
    Ice and water

Drank the whole thing and I was a-ok! Didn't really fill me up, but I made a small one

I'm going to have smoothies for lunch now once I figure out how to make them at least 400 calories and have more protein and vitamins. Hopefully at 60 days it will subside. Hope you feel better and I'll look up that diet for sure, I've never heard of it so thank you!!
    UncleLeo likes this.

Not sure if anyone is reading this thread still, but I've just found some activated charcoal I bought a while ago, and I was wondering if anyone used this for their stomach problems after quitting? I just took 2, so if it doesn't bug me I guess I'll keep taking it. Anyway thanks to anyone with info!

Anonymous Guest

Hi WeanQueen.
    How are you and how are you feeling??

Hi WeanQueen.
    How are you and how are you feeling??
    Hi Support! thanks for asking sorry this is long, I try to be as detailed as possible
    On the stomach front I am doing ok some days and not so ok on other days. Yesterday was my birthday so there was cake and food and things I shouldn't have eaten, I only had enough not to be rude, but I'm sure it didn't help and I'm queasy today.

I try my best not to take imodium because I feel like it disrupts my body trying to regulate, but sometimes it's necessary, but the morning after I take it, I'm in the b-room for about 30 minutes! After I eat anything at all, I get a lot of bloat and burping. It's like my body is trying so hard to normally digest everything but the bacteria breaking down food is working too hard and creating more gas. I literally burp 40 times a day, maybe more! That's majorly annoying when I lay down, because I'll have to sit up and burp or I feel like I have terrible heartburn. The stomach burning has stopped (thank god, that was very uncomfy)

My stools are not formed yet but not quite D and I'm exhausted lately. I'm on day 34, so idk if tiredness is the next phase, or if it's from working out. The past 2 days I've started going on jog-walks for 30 minutes every night at 830pm, and I'm also lifting weights, in addition to my bike rides and idk if that makes me tired, but at about 5pm I'll get sooooo tired I need to lay down and then I wake up an hour or two later, which I thought would effect my sleep at night, but I fall asleep at 1130 and wake at 730, so I guess I'm just a tired person lol. No "lead suit", just kind of like malaise or fatigue.

I've figured out the only thing I can eat for breakfast is wheat bread with almond butter, it doesn't hurt my stomach at all. I think I have to quit caffeine after I drink caffeine in the morning, I get bad bad pain and then a trip to the bathroom and then after that I'm ok, but it's not a good way to start the day.

When I workout/go for walks, I always make sure that I go an hour after eating, and I make sure I have an exit plan just in case I have urgency and I never go too far from my house.

I'm trying to think of anything else that might help someone... I feel like I'm kind of constantly dehydrated no matter how much gatorade or what I drink. It's really weird. I had to stop drinking the teas at night because I would wake up 2 hours later and have to pee like a race horse! I've stopped the teas for a few days to see if it was making me dehydrated due to it's diuretic effect, so we will see. Also, peppermint tea sort of helps but I get a bad headache.

It's a lot of trial and error trying to figure out what works and what doesn't and what will help and what will make it worse.
    I think the charcoal really helped with bloating! Which is great because I'm always so bloated it almost looks like I'm pregnant about 4 months

Other than that... It's sort of like torture not knowing when I can leave or when I can eat or what I can eat and sometimes I just lay there holding my uncomfortable stomach for like 30 minutes hoping it'll go away. I think I need to try zantac or something. Not sure!

Ok I think that's everything, so I'm doing better in some aspects but worse in others. Trying to look for a job, but idk when I can actually apply because of my stupid stomach, which makes me actually depressed. One day at a time... I think I am unnecessarily detailed sometimes. LOL
    UncleLeo likes this.

PS my resting heart rate is 98bpm, which is extremely high. I also get out of breath very easily
    I think this is from me being anemic, but my hemoglobin level before was around 9.3, and my heart rate and breathing was fine, and now it's 10.5 and my heart rate is high so I'm thinking quitting the suboxone effected that somehow. I'm taking my liquid iron again so hopefully it will help.

I really feel like if I just go get IV fluids and IV iron ONE TIME I would feel better and then be able to regulate from there. Maybe I'll ask my doc! x

I'm gonna go ahead and group this all into "Day 34." You're doing GREAT for day 34. Unfortunately, great can mean, your body is confused and angry with you half the time, the other half your mind won't shut up and tries to come up with "reasons" "why" a b and c are happening...but you're sleeping and exercising and didn't you say you're 24-25?? My left pinky to be 25...
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

UncleLeo, just turned 24! Feel like the years are goin and I'm stayin. I'm wondering if I maybe have a parasite of some kind that is causing all of this. I've heard eating papaya seeds can kill parasites. Or something? I feel like this is never ending torture and I'm so over being in pain all the time and 10 bathroom trips a day and not being able to do anything but stay in the house......wish we didn't have to eat. I'm so over this. I thought I'd be able to do anything after quitting because suboxone put me on bed rest and no food for 2 months. Oh, life. Guess I deserve this for abusing pills for so long!

PS I hope I don't sound like a big baby, but I've been stuck in the house with stomach issues since February and I don't know how much more I can handle. I feel like a prisoner. Other people quitting if they are healthy can handle 30 days of digestive issues no problem! Hope I don't scare or discourage anyone. x

Anonymous Guest

Cool

Hi Weanqueen,
    Thank you for all the info. It's actually very helpful. I have almost all the same issues. I've been thinking I had health issues when its just all part of the process. Don't get discouraged. You're doing a great job and I really have a feeling you're going to turn that corner soon. All the working out you do.....WOW. big accomplishment. Keep going. I may have asked you this before but are you lactose/dairy intolerant? If you are consuming dairy like cream in coffee etc..I would try to cut it out and see if D gets better. Use Almond milk and believe it or not even yogurt was bothering my stomach. Just a thought. I wouldn't worry about parasites but a probiotic from Costco will help tremendously. I was having stomach and heartburn so bad I went to ER. My doc gave me omeprazole (prilosec) and it was like a magic pill. Oh and the burping.....If I didnt read about other people having these symptoms I would never know it was the sub. I am so sick of playing the guessing game. Its been 14 days for me and now all these symptoms coming on. But I'm going to continue to be patient. It took me over 6 months to wean so whats one more month. You're doing great. Think about all the GOOD. You're 24 and you are gonna have a wonder sober life being young unlike me who wasted my late 30's and 40's on F'in drugs. Now trying to figure out if its old age health problems or weaning problems. lol I had the sores in my pelvic area too and burning and all kinds of stuff coming up. I think we are just healing. Keep up the good work. Be strong. One day at a time. Stay Strong!!!! How about a good book??? I'm gonna try the smoothie. im just gonna use Almond milk and tweak it but the whole experimenting with food. I thought I was just crazy and it was IBS so everything you said helped me so keep rambling cause I'm listening!!! Have a good night.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-16-2017 at 05:49 PM.
    weanqueen likes this.

Hi Weanqueen,
    Thank you for all the info. It's actually very helpful. I have almost all the same issues. I've been thinking I had health issues when its just all part of the process. Don't get discouraged. You're doing a great job and I really have a feeling you're going to turn that corner soon. All the working out you do.....WOW. big accomplishment. Keep going. I may have asked you this before but are you lactose/dairy intolerant? If you are consuming dairy like cream in coffee etc..I would try to cut it out and see if D gets better. Use Almond milk and believe it or not even yogurt was bothering my stomach. Just a thought. I wouldn't worry about parasites but a probiotic from Costco will help tremendously. I was having stomach and heartburn so bad I went to ER. My doc gave me omeprazole (prilosec) and it was like a magic pill. Oh and the burping.....If I didnt read about other people having these symptoms I would never know it was the sub. I am so sick of playing the guessing game. Its been 14 days for me and now all these symptoms coming on. But I'm going to continue to be patient. It took me over 6 months to wean so whats one more month. You're doing great. Think about all the GOOD. You're 24 and you are gonna have a wonder sober life being young unlike me who wasted my late 30's and 40's on F'in drugs. Now trying to figure out if its old age health problems or weaning problems. lol I had the sores in my pelvic area too and burning and all kinds of stuff coming up. I think we are just healing. Keep up the good work. Be strong. One day at a time. Stay Strong!!!! How about a good book??? I'm gonna try the smoothie. im just gonna use Almond milk and tweak it but the whole experimenting with food. I thought I was just crazy and it was IBS so everything you said helped me so keep rambling cause I'm listening!!! Have a good night.
    Yes, I believe your health is fine and our bodies are just fixing themselves and learning to function without opiates! Congrats on your taper! I'm really glad you know now that it is from quitting because if I had all these problems without knowing the cause I would be terrified. I was lactose intolerant before I quit, so maybe it would be better to just cut out all dairy and use milk instead! We drink Silk almond milk so maybe I'll pour that in, idk why I didn't think of this before, thank you. That is so funny that you say that it started after 2 weeks because mine did as well! I had no D at all when I was tapering and my stomach was A-OK, then about 2 weeks after quitting completely my stomach started being so rude. I really wish that we could figure out exactly what the issue is with digestive turmoil after quitting opiates so we can either create something for relief, or something that will speed the process along. There are opiate receptors in our gut, so I've heard, so I'm sure our gut is trying to figure out WTF happened LOL.

Thank you for being encouraging! If you find anything that helps you at all, please share! Today was the day after I took 2 Activated Charcoal capsules and today my stomach was significantly less bothered. I ate Cheez-its and lots of them and I didn't have any upset at all! Not sure if I can attribute this to the charcoal (which can also help D) but I usually have bad stomach cramping after eating, which I had none of! I will definitely ask my doctor for prilosec

I don't think you're having old age problems at all I guess we can just figure that we spent however much time changing our bodies with unnatural things, so it'll maybe take a while to get back to whatever normal is. Maybe homeostasis is a long, exhausting process. My friend who quit oxy 4 years ago told me she had severe stomach issues for 3 months after quitting and I said "I really don't think I can handle this for 2 more months" and she said "You cannot think about the future. You can only think of today, and do things to help you today and ease your problems for today, thinking any further than that won't help one bit" and it is soooo true. We can just hope that tomorrow will be better. Anyway, goodnight

Anonymous Guest

Hello again weanqueen,
    Ok so just a couple more tidbits. I'm not a dr. but I just want to share my experience. The burping could be acid reflux. There's alot of acid in coffee and alot of other foods we eat and drink. You can buy prilosec over the counter and take it for a week and see if it helps. I could not give up my one cup of coffee. I gave up cigs and drugs. Thats enough for now. If you take it in the a.m. and wait a half hour then have coffee it helps. That could save a dr trip for now or till you get there. I think because we have underlying GI issues this is flaring them a little. And you're not going to believe this and don't quote me but I heard there's lactose in Suboxone!!! Glad I'm off it. Wish I would have known that. What you said really hit home about taking this one day at a time. I definately have been living day by day. Trying to do anything like shop, exercise, clean, has to be done in small spurts. This shall pass too. So.....try to eat little meals for burping stomach and try not to eat atleast 2 hrs before bed. Just my experience that helped with the burping and heartburn. Happy Saturday!!!!
    weanqueen likes this.

Well, I replied a long reply, but it had to "be approved by a moderator" so we will see if it shows up!
    Hope your day is going ok Need Support! What stomach symptoms are you having? are you ok emotionally?
    Even forcing yourself to shop and clean and exercise, even if you hate it while doing it is a huge feat! Keep up the good work

Anonymous Guest

(Deleted - swearing)
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-19-2017 at 11:43 PM.

I caught your post before they deleted it for swearing :-P I forget we can't swear and then I get long posts deleted, frustrating!

My name is Emma, you can call me that if you want I feel bad having the name weanqueen because I didn't even wean properly! LOL
    Are you at day 15 now? I remember crying for now reason, and at anything emotional, that left at about 2.5-3 weeks, and I'm glad it did because I would be fighting tears all the time! Glad you're not having D anymore, I was looking online and the loose stools I'm having are "technically D", so that's why I've been so dehydrated! Which is good to know, I thought I had diabetes lol, so if you're having loose stools you may still be having D, so make sure to hydrate as much as you can! Are you taking a good probiotic? For Ulcerative Colitis they make a probiotic called "VSL#3" and it is VERY potent, it's supposed to be taken under a doctors care, but you can buy it at Target or online without a prescription for about $54, I'm going to pick mine up tomorrow and if it helps me, you may want to try it? It's not good for normal stomachs because it's too strong, but I think for after opiate stomach problems it could be a really good thing! It's pretty expensive but I remember taking it when I was little and sick and it was a godsend. So I will report back on how this goes!

I do take imodium sometimes, I have the 2mg tablets, but I HATE taking it because exactly 13 hours after taking it, I have explosive uncomfortable painful D (sorry tmi) and I'm in the bathroom for about 30-45 minutes thinking if I was the Devil, I'd add this specific struggle to what H E double hockey sticks is.

OMG, at around 10-20 days in particular, I had so much time on my hands and I was like... what am I supposed to do? I would go for a bike ride around 10am, come home and cook around 12pm, have lunch at 1... then, kinda sit around and twiddle my thumbs til someone came home. I felt so useless and worthless and didn't know what to do with myself. This didn't last very long (I felt like it would go on forever) and now I don't even think about it anymore. At first we are very aware of everything because it is new to us, but our brains adapt very quickly.

Mentally today, I felt better than any other day. I greeted people with "Hey what up how are you?!" Instead of "Hey". My energy came back around day 25. Some days I am SO TIRED and I need to lay down around 5pm, but I realized it only happens the day after I do a tough workout. Today, Day 36, was the first day that I forgot I just quit Suboxone!!!!! I've been waiting for this day I went about my day, bike ride at 11, home at 12 and it was 100 degrees out so I got in the shower at 1230pm, and I was thinking while washing my hair about this good thai food place I would love to eat at again once my stomach feels better, and it's on J street, where my Sub doctor was, so it made me picture the street in my head and I thought "Oh yeah I just quit LOL". It was marvelous. I was just ME today. It was a bizarre but wonderful feeling.

Stomach is still bad in the morning, I need to quit caffeine because it is so painful on my tum, but I just don't know how. Took 2 imodium today, so my stomach was silent all day, but it's late right now and I can feel the gas bubbles forming and I know I'm in for it when I wake up.

You have a very good outlook, don't give up! Everyday is so worth it. Going to sleep, not excited about waking up to my stomach tomorrow tomorrow will be imodium-less, so I'll be in pain all day and in the bathroom all day and depressed all day. Sometimes I cry while I'm in the bathroom because I feel so trapped. BUT hopefully the VSL will help. Hope you're sleeping well, xo
    UncleLeo likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Hi Emma.
    How are yiu today? Ooops didnt know I even swore?

Anonymous Guest

Hope you are feeling better. My stomach is starting to settle down a little. How is yours? So you should do what mingy says and try to stay away from a lot of fiber right now. So the chicken and carrots and have you tried bananas? Hi potassium. I never connected the stomach issues to sub. Now they seem to be subsiding a little. Very interesting. You are doing awesome. I'm proud of you that you are doing this now. Good for you for realizing at the young age how bad these things are for us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast