Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ghostrc
  • 1 Post By ghostrc
anyone here try this
    ghostrc is offline Member

Default anyone here try this

I've done so much research and a couple studys I've read saying at the end of a taper and after you skip a day to take a 2mg piece of sub and thoughts behind is that your tolerance is so low it won't affect it and as it wears off slowly can making wd less? is this bull or is there any merit behind it?
    Ming23 likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

I've never heard of this. What I do know is that the taper plan used here is one that works! I've been a member and avid reader of these boards for over 6 years. I've watched people just beginning sub therapy and those that come here after years of being on monster doses of sub per day . In both cases, I've watched their journey and their jump. What you read about taking a full 2mg after skip days seems counter productive to me. Maybe the plan you read began skip days at a much higher dose than the plan used here? I can't think of one benefit of taking such a hefty dose after having completed weeks (and months in some cases) of small reductions in order to have weaned to a teeny tiny dose. This honestly makes no sense to me.

Stick with the plan used here. It has proven to work when it's done correctly. When tapering anything, I think it's just common sense that you would want to either remain at your current dose or reduce it. In fact, the only time I've seen that it was recommended to go back up to a prior dose is if someone hasn't allowed enough time between reductions to stabilize. Then, it might be a good decision to go back up to the dose you were at, but never ever more than that.

Just my opinion.

Peace,

Cat

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrc View Post
    I've done so much research and a couple studys I've read saying at the end of a taper and after you skip a day to take a 2mg piece of sub and thoughts behind is that your tolerance is so low it won't affect it and as it wears off slowly can making wd less? is this bull or is there any merit behind it?
    Hey Ghost
    That's just plain wrong. Sorry. If you've reached .25mg or .125mg and begun skipping days, there is NO possible benefit to resuming a hefty 2 mg dose. It will actually Prolong your suffering!
    The idea is to get the subs Out of the body. Subs are very strong with a half-life of up to 72 hours. If you take more sub, you prolong the experience of flushing the chems out of your system.
    Unless you enjoy the taper so much that u wish to keep going, i suggest, imho, Not to follow the bad advice you read!
    Thousands of us have successfully quit being addicted by using this sub taper at top of forum page. Tried and true.
    You can too! Here for ya!

ghostrc is offline Member

oh I agree I just read it online and was wondering if anyone heard of it. I'm sticking to the normal taper cause it's proven to work.
    Ming23 likes this.

Gonnawin is offline Member

I've been wondering about that kicker dose too. When I first read about it I thought it probably made sense. But after doing so much research and understanding the half life of sub it became pretty clear that it wouldn't help anything. If anything you are down to .125 and almost there so you jump with that kicker dose and get super high from a 2 mg dose. Then just prolong your withdrawals for a few more days.

melindau is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrc View Post
    2mg is still pretty high i would taper down every couple days till you get to a crum!!!! hope you come back and see this i have been mia! sorry it looks like people need some help around here !! where is all the oldies?