Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ghostrc
  • 1 Post By Sicarius318
Avoid waiting for withdrawals with minimum doses??
    All4mybaby is offline New Member

Default Avoid waiting for withdrawals with minimum doses??

Anybody know if it's possible to avoid waiting to go into withdrawal before taking first dose of suboxone? I'm wondering if I can just start taking very small pieces(.25-.5mg) every 30 min or so until I have a sufficient amount in my system? In theory, seems like I could avoid PW's by taking minimal amounts at a time...Basically, can I slowly replace the opiates with suboxone instead of waiting until I feel like hell to take it? Anyone with experience with this??
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-17-2016 at 07:04 PM.

ghostrc is offline Member

Doesn't work like like , just do a google search what cause pw's and you ll see why thats a bad idea.
    Ming23 likes this.

Sicarius318 is offline New Member

Unfortunately from the way I understand it and my experience, the suboxone will immediately kick out the opiates, so what you are proposing will not work. I am not an expert by any means but I've read a lot of info and have been / was on suboxone for a long time. I would check out the manufacturers website because it has specific info on this and I'm sure there some other posts regarding this. Good luck.
    Ming23 likes this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by All4mybaby View Post
    Anybody know if it's possible to avoid waiting to go into withdrawal before taking first dose of suboxone? I'm wondering if I can just start taking very small pieces(.25-.5mg) every 30 min or so until I have a sufficient amount in my system? In theory, seems like I could avoid PW's by taking minimal amounts at a time...Basically, can I slowly replace the opiates with suboxone instead of waiting until I feel like hell to take it? Anyone with experience with this??
    Hey All4
    Whoa! Stop right there!!
    As Sicarius and Ghost so wisely advised you- subs will displace any other drug you're on and put the body into what's referred to as Precipitated Withdrawals. This is why folks are advised to use the COWS sheet to determine their level of wd. You should be in pretty full withdrawal BEFORE attempting to take subs.
    I made the error! It was by far, the Worst Pain i ever felt. Ask any of the other members on the Forum who've gone through this!!
    How many pills are you taking daily and for how long? Let's sort this out, ok? You might not need subs.
    Read the Sub Therapy post at top of page. Gives the whole taper plan.
    Will check back...
    You can be off pills in a week without subs. Look for posts by Catrina.
    Should u decide to do sub taper, do it right or you'll develop symptoms that can last the entire detox-and that sux! I know!
    Post when u can...
    Hang in there!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-18-2016 at 11:45 AM.