Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Sharks fan
  • 1 Post By Iwantoff2013
  • 1 Post By sore6
  • 1 Post By sore6
Been on .125 of subs for 4 days , no major withdrawals
    sore6 is offline Junior Member

Default Been on .125 of subs for 4 days , no major withdrawals

It's not so bad, but I just have to take something, as soon as I take it I feel physically and especially mentally makes me better. It's immediate relief, the aniexty is gone, the fear is gone, the pain is gone. I respect people that jump and get over their curtch. Some days I wish I was in prison in some third world country where all they give you is water and a bowl of rice. I would love to see what i would do then. I would either die or would have to survive. As a matter of fact I have thought about starting a business for withdrawl, I would fly patients to some third world country like say Lebanon and would stage a bus high jacking, scare the living day light of them, if people taught they where being kept captive for 2 weeks. The fear would definetly overcome the withdrawl, would give them 3 meals a day but they would be kept in constant fear. After 2 weeks. I would come clean to them and would tell them it was all an act and they could go home with the promise of never telling anyone about the secret. They even made a movie about that, for a person that had all the money in the world and bored, they then scare the living day light of him and plant people that are all part of the plot. What do you guys think?. I mean just imagine being kept as a hostage in Lebanon with bearded men branding machine guns and shouting the whole time. I really think it would work.

Sharks fan is offline Advanced Member

Sore

It's helpful if you stick to one thread.

You have been jumping around with your doses, taking them when you feel poorly. That's just going to drag this out, you need to take them on a schedule. Dosing all over the place makes you continually go back into w/d's when your dose eventually wears off.

If you are going to keep taking subs you should stick to the taper plan. A lot of people want to find a "new" easier way or a quick taper but subs don't work like that. You can't argue with success and Robert's plan is still around because it works.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

I know, I wanted to reinvent the wheel. Life has a funny way of showing us how average we just are. I always though that life's rules will not have a bearing on me. I mean 12 years ago I was like there is no way I could get hooked on pain pills and that only weak people got addicted, and then bam. 1 became 1 too many and a thousand where never enough.

HeavyConceious is offline New Member

Sore - you hit the nail on the head w/ your last post..

' I mean 12 years ago I was like there is no way I could get hooked on pain pills and that only weak people got addicted, and then bam. 1 became 1 too many and a thousand where never enough.

'
    I too felt the same way. That I was some how superior to the addiction

As far as your first post

'It's immediate relief, the aniexty is gone, the fear is gone, the pain is gone.'

This is where you have to be mentally strong. Realize that you yourself survived once before without all the substance abuse and that you can again. You also have to come to the realization that you ARE going to experience the W/Ds, whether you are coming off of pills or subs. There is no way around this, you will have RLS, be visiting the pot, hot/cold flashes, this is part of the game that we chose to play. Try attending meetings in your local area, support groups. I am sure you have read all that you can do to help with going through the w/ds so I shouldn't need to go through them all.
    For your anxiety this is where it comes down to trying to be mentally strong, I found relief in herbal medicine. I am on day 14 and I can tell you that after day 3-4 I felt clearer every morning. Granted I knew I was up for some restless nights and did not get much sleep at all the first 7 days but each morning I arose and went about my day and felt better than the last. I still have the sweats and stomach isn't quite right, sleep seems to be coming better each night besides the last two.

Wish you the best guy, I know what it is like to be where you are mentally and I can tell you it is a lot nicer on this side of things! Keep your head up!

Thank your for your support. The anniexty is the worst part, I can deal with the physical, buts it's the mental part that is hard. But I know I need to pay my dues. There is no way around it. At least I am down to .25 I also have high blood pressure and that does not help.
    Thanks for your support it means the world to me. This is a strong brotherhood.

No buenos is offline New Member

Default Any advice would be helpful

Hi everyone. I'm currently taking 2 mg of subxn a day for the past 4 yrs. looking for ways to wean down. Any suggestions helpful. I'm looking to wean myself down to nothing but petrified of the side effects. Also what else can I do or take to help with the side effects. I have two jobs that I need to keep up with!!! HELP!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharks fan View Post
    Sore

It's helpful if you stick to one thread.

You have been jumping around with your doses, taking them when you feel poorly. That's just going to drag this out, you need to take them on a schedule. Dosing all over the place makes you continually go back into w/d's when your dose eventually wears off.

If you are going to keep taking subs you should stick to the taper plan. A lot of people want to find a "new" easier way or a quick taper but subs don't work like that. You can't argue with success and Robert's plan is still around because it works.

How much is .125 mg ??

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by No buenos View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm currently taking 2 mg of subxn a day for the past 4 yrs. looking for ways to wean down. Any suggestions helpful. I'm looking to wean myself down to nothing but petrified of the side effects. Also what else can I do or take to help with the side effects. I have two jobs that I need to keep up with!!! HELP!!
    Hi there. First, let me put your mind at ease. You can absolutely taper off subs. The good thing is you're already down to 2 mg. That's a good starting point since its not a crazy high dose.

There's a taper plan we use that was written by Robert_325. It calls for a reduction of 25% at a time every 4 days. However, long term sub users like you (and me) need to taper a bit slower since the plan was written for people who are just starting subs.

You reduce your dose ONLY when stable. Stable means having little to no withdrawal symptoms. So, if you're stable at 2 mg, your first reduction will be to 1.5 mg. your body will tell you when it's time to drop again. Some long term sub users find that the most comfortable drop schedule is somewhere around every 7-10 days. But, you need to do what's right for you. You may need lees time between drops, maybe more. You won't know until you start tapering.

You should definitely start your own thread here on the Suboxone board. You will get more replies that way.

All the best,
    Kat
    alexnt likes this.

Kay thanks for your quick response. I'm new to this site and not sure how to start my own thread. Also it's so hard to cut those pills and get a precise cut each time. Any suggestions?!

Kay thanks for your quick response. I'm new to this site and not sure how to start my own thread. Also it's so hard to cut those pills and get a precise cut each time. Any suggestions?!
    Go to the top middle of this page and click on "Suboxone treatment". On that page, top left, click on "start a new thread".

Are you using the 8 mg or 2mg pills? Are you using a pill cutter? I have the Subutex pills. The best way is to use a pill cutter. You will end up also having to crush the pills into powder and dividing into equal piles of particular mgs. Let me know what mg pills you use and I'll tell you what to do.

Kat

Kat
    I'm using the 8 mg pills. I cut them into quarters.

Are you using a pill cutter? If not, buy one - a good one, not a cheap one. You cut the pill in half, then half again. Since you'll be dropping to 1.5 mg soon, you'll need to crush a 2 mg piece into powder. Use the back of a spoon. Then, divide in half to get two equal piles of 1 mg each. Then, divide one of the 1 mg piles in half. Combine the 1 mg pile with the .5 mg pile. Crease a business card, use a butter knife (or anything with a thin edge) to scrape the powder onto the card. Pour the powder under your tongue. Voila!

To get .125. You start with a 2mg and cut it in half, that gets you 1mg, then you cut it in half again that will give you .5, you then cut it in half two more times and that should give you .125, but believe me suboxone is such a strong drug that .125 is still very very strong.i use to me on 24mg for over 7 years. I wish I could choke the corrupt doctor that told me I needed the 24 mg a day and he said I should stay on them for life. I told him that I lost my emotions and sex drive. He said that I was getting older. I mean really we lose emotions as we get older? We don't laugh anymore? Or don't cry? He was so full of it.

Thanks kat!! Now how many days am I decreasing my mgs each time I go down??
    Thanks sore6 as well for the tips!!!

Thanks kat!! Now how many days am I decreasing my mgs each time I go down??
    Thanks sore6 as well for the tips!!!
    The amount of time you stay on each decreased dose will depend on how quickly you stabilize. It's not written in stone. Like I mentioned before, you will need to taper slowly since you've been on subs for 4 years.

Kat

Well here goes jogging Kat. Today I'm going down to 1 mg. I hope I feel okay!!i will let you know how I feel tonight 😃 thanks for all your guidance!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    Go to the top middle of this page and click on "Suboxone treatment". On that page, top left, click on "start a new thread".

Are you using the 8 mg or 2mg pills? Are you using a pill cutter? I have the Subutex pills. The best way is to use a pill cutter. You will end up also having to crush the pills into powder and dividing into equal piles of particular mgs. Let me know what mg pills you use and I'll tell you what to do.

Kat

Well here goes jogging Kat. Today I'm going down to 1 mg. I hope I feel okay!!i will let you know how I feel tonight �� thanks for all your guidance!!
    Glad to hear you're dropping your dose today! Don't worry. As long as you're stable now, this drop will go smoothly. Some people experience minor wd syptoms around day 3 of a new drop because of the half-life. But, that's normal and will pass quickly.

You're so close to the end now. That's awesome. Just remember not to rush this. As someone else always says: "slow and steady wins the race!".

Talk to you soon.
    Kat

No buenos:

You should definitely start your own thread here on this board. People can reply to you directly that way. Members aren't likely to see your posts since this is sore's thread.

Kat

Wow I am getting reality attacks, hard to describe them but after 12 years of being drugged up, I like and enjoy the feeling of feeling normal. It is like everything seems a little strange. Interesting feeling. What did I do to myself all these years. Anyways I am still reducing but feel much better.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

If anyone is listening, I can't begin to tell you how much working out helps. It is like feeling high, it is amazing. The hard part is just doing it. working out makes it a million times better. Even if you are a sloth like me. Just going out for a walk makes a just so much better. Today I went for a walk and did not want to stop. I went out for two hours.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.