Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes
Cold Turkey Suboxone Detox 12mg
    RBL12345 is offline Junior Member

Default Cold Turkey Suboxone Detox 12mg

Hey! I'm going to be kicking Subs at 12mg for 2 years. I want off this stuff so bad as it's causing a lot of problems for me. I hate the way I feel and look on it. I just want to be myself again. From what I have been reading it looks like it's going to be pretty ruff. I have 10 to 12 days before I need to go back to work. My boss is my good buddy and he is clean and sober and is fully supportive of this. I have a couple pills left and was wondering if it would be worth it to taper for a couple days or should I just go for it? Any support would be nice and I will post my progress. Thanks Rob

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey rbl welcome to the forum!! Here you will find all the support you need on your journey. 12mg of subs is a really high dose to jump from! Have you seen/read the sub taper plan. It's the first thread at the top marked sticky. It calls for a reduction of 25% every 4-7 days until you are at .25 mg or lower. Yes point 25 mg. Subs are crazy strong with a long half life so they stay in your system for a long time. On top of that they have a stacking effect in the body. I'm not saying you can't do this by any means, but if you choose c/t you'll be in for quite a ride. I jumped from 1 mg a day and I had w/d for about a month, with symptoms peaking for 2 weeks, and acute symptoms for about 2 weeks after that. Everyone metabolites differently so I don't want to give you a time line but this is just my experience. I'd urge you to reconsider and do a proper taper if possible. It will help you in the long run. But whatever you may choose just know that the wonderful people on this site will be here for you. I'd encourage you to read others threads, there are a lot of suboxone success stories on here. It'll give you a better idea of what you're in for. Let us know what your plan is going forward. We're here for you. Keep posting!!!!

Keep doing the next right thing
    Beef
    Randy35, eazzye and Autumnhopes like this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Hello RBL, Welcome to you!

Beef gave you some excellent advice and things to consider. I'm in full agreement with what he has said. During my nearly 4 years on this forum I've only known a couple of members that have attempted to jump from 12mg of Suboxone. They came on, told us they were planning on the kind of jump you're planning, but never remained around so we can only guess what the final results were.

Suboxone is about 30 times as strong as Morphine, so it's one very powerful drug. But it also has a very long half life between 24 and 72 hours, so it can remain in your system a long time. Taking 12mg daily of 2 years will give you a huge build up of sub in your system that will have to dissipate before you'll begin to feel better. As Beef mentioned, that could take some time.

I'm giving you the best advice you'll ever get (along with Beef) that you relly should do whatever you can to get more subs and taper off properly to avoid the very harsh symptoms you're about to experience. Like Beef, I'm NOT saying you can't do this, but I'll bet the farm you'e not going to like what's about to happen in the days/weeks/months after you jump from such a huge amount of Suboxone.

Beef mentioned our taper plan. Thousands really have used it successfully. In case you're interested, here's the link to the plan....

http://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone-...apy-66109.html

Skip down to the tapering section seeing as you're already inducted. It's a really great plan if followed closely, and will help you ease off the subs.

Here's the thing....you've spent 2 years on Suboxone in hopes of changing your life and getting you off your drug of choice, whatever that may be. When people attempt to jump from very high amounts of sub and very quickly find out what they are in for, it's so easy to get back o the train of addiction and find other opioids to ease the pain. The dreaded word: Relapse. Again, I'm not saying this has to be you, but I just want you to know what you're in for.

I wish you the absolute best, I really do. Should you want to try the taper plan let us know and we would be more than happy to help you all the way. Take care and Happy Holidays!

Randy
    Catrina, eazzye, UncleLeo and 2 others like this.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm aware that it's going to be ruff and I really want to try and tuff this out. From what I'm reading it sounds like it's going to be worse than expected. I have a lot of support outside of the forum and I really appreciate the support here. Worst case scenario I will tuff it out for as long as I can and if I have to I will stabilize on a lot smaller dose and taper more from there. I won't get another chance to take time off work so I really need this to happen now though. From what I heard it's not as intense as short acting but lasts longer. Can anyone shed some light on that? Thanks Rob
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

I've c/t several times unsuccessfully off oxy and you are correct from my point of view, in my experience they are a bit milder but they do last much longer. It's like a nagging gnat at a picnic. Just won't go away. It's a process. And it takes time. For me the worst of it was the depression, fatigue, chills, stomach issues, and of course sleeplessness /rls. First two weeks I'd say I got maybe got 2-3 hours a night if I was lucky. Some days you don't feel like you're making any progress, just spinning your wheels, and that's where the depression comes in. You gotta keep a positive outlook in this process. It's brutal but soooooo rewarding. It's so much better on this side of the fence. Do some reading on here!! It helps!! Check out some of the members threads. Keep posting and let us know what road you're gonna take.

Beef
    Autumnhopes likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Welcome!

You've already received some awesome advice and insight into what is in store for you if you decide to jump now without tapering. I have nothing to add to what Beef and Randy have already said, but I wanted to point out that if you can somehow lay your hands on more subs and do a proper taper, you probably won't even need to miss work. There might be a couple of days with each reduction that you feel a bit "off" but not so bad that it will prevent you from getting up and doing what you need to do. Your chances of a successful jump multiply unbelievably if you take your time and minimize the symptoms. Even if as you said, the symptoms are less intense than jumping from ordinary opiates, I can tell you from following countless people here that it's exhausting in every sense of the word because it drags on for so, so long. Perhaps the worst symptoms are inability to sleep and the anxiety that will linger for weeks and weeks. Don't discount just how difficult those symptoms alone can be.

I know and understand that you want to take advantage of being able to take some time off from work and you don't know when or if you could do that again but doesn't it make sense to do this the right way, avoid the weeks of being uncomfortable and tired and save that time off and take it later when you're sober and feeling well and to enjoy it? I hope you consider a taper. It just makes more sense. If you're determined to do this, stay close here. Just like Beef and Randy said, 12mg is a monster dose of sub. If you decide to taper, you could reduce that immediately to 8mg and likely won't even notice the reduction. If you follow the taper plan diligently you could be only about 8 weeks away from jumping. My guess is that if you jump now at 12mg, it's going to take all of those 8 weeks of being miserable before you begin to feel well again. You don't have to do that to yourself.

This of course, is your decision and we'll support you no matter. I'm so glad you found us! Don't disappear.

Peace,

Cat
    Autumnhopes and eazzye like this.

Thanks Beef and Cat for your replies. I really value your knowledge and support!! If I could get out of this painlessly in 8 weeks instead of suffering for 8 it's kind of a no brainer. However I have a lot of people rooting for me that want to see me be myself again. I don't like the person I've become on Suboxone so I'm sure they don't either. I could count the number of times I've smiled in the last month on one hand. I have also become very insecure from the way it makes me look. I've lost weight and I don't look like my healthy self. It makes me extremely tired and sick in the morning until I take my first dose. I dose in the morning and then again in the evening. If what your saying is true and I won't be in condition to work in two weeks then I may have to try and stabilize on a smaller dose. Do you think it would be possible to stabilize on less than 4mgs a day in the next week? I metabolize opiates extremely fast. I tried to quit cold turkey a year ago but had obligations and had to start taking it again. I was in full withdrawals on day three. Will I feel more clear headed on a smaller dose? I'm 20 hours in now. I went to the hospital last night and tried to get some clonidine but the Dr advised me against this and wouldn't write a prescription for it. Im not feeling any physical withdrawals yet but do have more depression and now concerns. Thanks Rob
    UncleLeo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RBL12345 View Post
    Thanks Beef and Cat for your replies. I really value your knowledge and support!! If I could get out of this painlessly in 8 weeks instead of suffering for 8 it's kind of a no brainer. However I have a lot of people rooting for me that want to see me be myself again. I don't like the person I've become on Suboxone so I'm sure they don't either. I could count the number of times I've smiled in the last month on one hand. I have also become very insecure from the way it makes me look. I've lost weight and I don't look like my healthy self. It makes me extremely tired and sick in the morning until I take my first dose. I dose in the morning and then again in the evening. If what your saying is true and I won't be in condition to work in two weeks then I may have to try and stabilize on a smaller dose. Do you think it would be possible to stabilize on less than 4mgs a day in the next week? I metabolize opiates extremely fast. I tried to quit cold turkey a year ago but had obligations and had to start taking it again. I was in full withdrawals on day three. Will I feel more clear headed on a smaller dose? I'm 20 hours in now. I went to the hospital last night and tried to get some clonidine but the Dr advised me against this and wouldn't write a prescription for it. Im not feeling any physical withdrawals yet but do have more depression and now concerns. Thanks Rob

Because of the long half life of Suboxone you won't feel any wd symptoms for the first few days after jumping. Jumping from 12mg, and taking into consideration the average half life is about 37 hours, you can expect to feel ok the first 2-3 days after jumping. Then the symptoms will get worse and worse the following week. They will peak and become extremely rough for a while before they will ever calm down. People that jump from 1-2mg have rough symptoms for a week to a month or more. But you're jumping from a dose that's much, much higher.

Yes, it will be entirely possible for you to become stable on 4mg of Suboxone. Most people that use subs correctly will stabilize on 3-4 mg of sub daily. So give this your best shot and after a week if you find the symptoms so severe you just can't proceed then try taking 3-4mg daily and taper off properly.

Randy
    UncleLeo and Beefaroni7272 like this.

First off I'm no expert, I stumbled here scared and alone on day 11 of some crushing w/d. Today I'm a little over 3 months off subs. And I so glad to be here everything is better. The first time I had a real good belly laugh was amazing. I was prescribed 16mg/day. But sometimes when I took that much it would make me groggy, zombie ish, and sick. I didn't start feeling better until I got lower in doseage. Funny drug, less is more. No human being needs 12mg/day. Of that I'm certain. I'd have to defer to randy and cats better judgement on this one but I would say you could probably cut that 12 mg in half to start with. Take 3 mg in the am, and 3 mg at night and see how that treats you.

I had to work through my w/d and it was awful for the first two weeks. But looking back on it it helped me tremendously. It forced me to be active and moving around and didn't let me curl up into a big ball of depression and self loathing on the couch. I had to fake it till I made it.

Hope some of this helps. I'm sure randy will be back to give you a little more detailed advice. Hope you have a great day!!

Keep doing the next right thing.
    Beef

Thanks guys. I have decided that I am going to try and drop to 6mg a day for now and follow Roberts Taper Schedule. I'm hoping to go back to work after Christmas and save my vacation for my final drop. If I have to I will start at 8mg. If It's going to be hell for two months then I might as well taper for 2 months. I just really hope that I'm not going to experience a month of bad withdrawals after the taper. I would love any help with this taper and will keep posting my progress. Thanks for all the good advice! I really feel like I am making the smartest decision now. As much as I want off this stuff I don't want to risk going back to my drug of choice. This is my first time taking Suboxone and I don't know what it will be like once I drop it so I need to be in the best mental state I can be. Thanks Rob
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-22-2017 at 05:04 PM.
    Beefaroni7272, Randy35 and Leah987 like this.

Leah987 is offline Senior Member

Hi, Rob, I know absolutely nothing about subs, but I know enough about these guys and gals^^^^ to know they know exactly what they're talking about. I'm so relieved to know that you are listening to them. They won't steer you wrong. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks guys. I have decided that I am going to try and drop to 6mg a day for now and follow Roberts Taper Schedule. I'm hoping to go back to work after Christmas and save my vacation for my final drop. If I have to I will start at 8mg. If It's going to be hell for two months then I might as well taper for 2 months. I just really hope that I'm not going to experience a month of bad withdrawals after the taper. I would love any help with this taper and will keep posting my progress. Thanks for all the good advice! I really feel like I am making the smartest decision now. As much as I want off this stuff I don't want to risk going back to my drug of choice. This is my first time taking Suboxone and I don't know what it will be like once I drop it so I need to be in the best mental state I can be. Thanks Rob

Hey Rob -

That's a very wise decision my friend. You are going to be very happy you've made this decision. I didn't want to undermine your decision to jump now, but I know what was going to happen and it wasn't going to be pretty. If you follow Robert's taper plan and reduce your dose by no more than 25% every 4-7 days until you're down to at least .25mg daily, you'll have as easy a time as is possible. And we'll help you all the way.

The drop to 6mg daily will not produce any wd symptoms. If you think you're having wd's when you drop it's just your head messing with you. The mental part of this process is a formidable foe. If you keep in mind that you're getting of a very powerful substance, and some wd's are going to happen no matter what, you'll be in great shape.

Just as Beef suggested, I would split that 6mg and take 3mg in the am and another 3mg later in the day, about 8-10 hours after the first dose. We usually suggest splitting doses above 1mg and dosing just once daily when you're at 1mg and lower. Make certain to take the sub at the same times everyday. This will help your body adjust quicker and you'll feel better. Try not to take the second dose too close to bedtime because sub has been known to keep some people awake, or interfere with sleep schedules.

When you're reducing each dose it may take your system a day or two to accept the new dose and level out. Sometimes you don't notice a thing happening. Once you put 4 days in a row together being stable then go ahead and reduce again by 25%. Don't reduce any dose if you're not stable because symptoms will follow you the rest of the taper.

Make your drop to 6mg and assume you'll be fine because you will. That 6mg is still a whopper of a dose in sub world. It's a very powerful substance as I said previously. You are going to be just fine I promise.

Randy

Thanks for the suport Leah and Randy. I decided to wait until tomorrow to dose as it will hopefully make it easier to drop to 6mg. Feeling some withdrawals now but just upset stomach and sore legs. Hopefully sleep won't be a problem but I have some meds that should help if that's the case. I'll check in tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Thanks Rob

So yesterday I took 4mgs in the morning and it lasted for about 2 hours and then I started getting the sweats and upset stomach. Had to really force myself to eat lunch and then I took 4 mg later in the day and felt ok for a couple hours again. Took some sleeping pills and slept through the night. I woke up with definite withdrawals this morning. I'm going to take my 4 mg soon and take advantage of the relief to eat as much food as I can as I find it hard once the stomach issues come back. Does anyone know how long it should take to stabilize on this drop? I'm assuming I'll need to put together 4 days feeling normal before the next? Thanks. Rob

LastTyme4Real is offline New Member

Hey Randy, you seem to know your >>>> on this subject. I'm in a similar situation, but I've tapered to 1.5mg and jumped off with the approval of my dr. Similarly, I have a 12 day break from work and decided it's time to take my life back. I've quit subs cold turkey at about the same dose about 4 years ago successfully, so I know what to expect for the most part (I was clean for about 1.5 years, relapsed for about 6 months and have been on subs 2+ years). I felt crummy for a couple weeks and didn't really get my sleep or energy back until around week 3. I felt pretty damn good after a month though.

Now, I am on day 3 (I took a smaller than normal dose to get through work Thursday Morning - about 0.75mg - (Remember I was stable at 1.5mg prior to that one last half dose). The first 2 days were pretty >>>>>>, but I slept a lot. I've been prescribed Gabapentin, Vistaril, Clonodine & a very small supply of Valium (5 days - 10mg per day - Basically nothing). I feel much better on day 3 than I did the first 2 days. I have a bit of energy and feel like I could go out and do stuff. That being said, my pupils are still pretty small. I've read Clonodine can cause this, but I'm worried that this energy I have on day 3 is the calm before the storm? I've also read Gabapentin is a miracle drug for w/d's too. Perhaps the combination of meds will pull me through this okay. The doctor said the process should be pretty easy, but most doctors are clueless about the meds they supply.

My plan is to take all meds, minus the Valium for the first 10 days while tapering prior (Start tapering of all meds day 7 - quitting everything minus clonodine by day 10). Then use the clonodine for sleep at night after that. Any thoughts? Thanks & Merry Christmas too!!

LastTyme4Real is offline New Member

I have experience with this. If you were able to gut it out, you'd likely be stable on your dose within 7-10 days from 12-4mg. I read your situation above and not sure that's possible for you with your time frame, but you should always start with a high dose (8mg) and taper quickly at the beginning of suboxone induction (yes, I know it's late for this, but if the situation ever comes up, please keep this in mind). Doctors are dumb. I've done 8mg, 6mg, 4mg, 2mg in the first few days of switching from 200+mg of OC and been stable at 2mg within 5 days every time. Even if you quickly drop from 12mg to 4mg and try to jump quickly now, it'll still be the equivalent of jumping from a high dose - 10mg +.

I hear you on the time off and wanting to quit though (I'm on day 3 from 1.5mg - I have meds though). I assume you would still be feeling like legit >>>> after 12 days by jumping now and you'd be looking at months, not weeks. I'm not a fan of reducing past 1- 2mg because the time spent doing that, could be spent jumping off. 2mg is doable. I hope I've helped in some way and wish you the best whatever route you decide to go.

Thanks Last time. Congrats on getting off. I'm actually just dropping from 12mg -8mg first. I let myself withdrawal a couple days first and now stabilizing on 8. I feel fine after I take my morning dose for a couple hours and after the evening dose. Feeling some withdrawals in between. I don't want to do the next drop until I'm stable without symptoms as it sounds like that could effect the whole taper. Just wondering how long it should take? My next drop will be to 6mg and hoping I can do that in the next few days. The little bit of withdrawals I feel in the morning suck......but at the same time I'm starting to feel again during that time and it's incredible. Can't wait for the fog to lift and to be me again!!! Soldier on Last Time!! And let me know how your doing!!
    UncleLeo likes this.

So today was day three on 8 mg and I'm feeling pretty good now. I woke up in some minor withdrawals and took 4 mg. I was good until 4ish. I took my second dose of 4mg at 5pm and I'm feeling ok. My legs are a little sore and I have some anxiety. I forgot how bad the anxiety gets when your in some withdrawal. So looking for some input on when do do the next drop? What is considered little to no withdrawal? I feel like I could do another drop soon?
    UncleLeo likes this.

When I was tapering I would wait 2-3 days after my body felt good and stable. For me it went an out 2-3 days of discomfort after the drop, then 2-3 days of feeling better, let my body recharge on those days and then drop again, rinse and repeat. You know your body and you know what you can do. Just keep doing what you're doing. When you feel good make the drop down to 6 mg. It's gonna take some time but you are well on your way !!!

Keep doing the next right thing!!! It only gets better!!!! So happy for you!!

Have a great day!!
    Beef

Thanks Beef. Hope you have a great day as well. I woke up a few times throughout the night and felt ill this morning. I've come to the realization that this is going to be the way it is until I'm off this and that's ok. I took my morning dose and I'm starting to feel better now. I think I'll start getting up a little bit earlier so I can relax for half an hour while I take the sub so I'm feeling ok when I get to work. I'll see how I feel today and decide what day I will drop to 6. I'm glad I'm doing this in the winter. It's quite cold where I live on the southwest coast of Canada. I wouldn't want it to be hot out while I'm having hot flashes lol. Someone told me once it's better to detox in the winter for that reason lol. Just can't wait to be off this stuff!!! I'm seriously feeling a lot more clear headed......I like it!!!! Thanks again for the support Beef and everyone else. I really need it. I'm an addict and it's so easy for me to say F it...I'm not ready....I do it next week. But I need to push through this! Rob
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Sounds good my friend. Just take it a day at a time. And Happy Boxing Day!!! I gotta ask. What is Boxing Day? Always wondered??

Beef
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello RBL, Sorry I'm late to the welcoming committee , welcome to the fourm. Randy and Beef have given you some awesome advice. Stick with the plan make sure your good and stable than reduce. Good job so far... Proud of You. Stay hydrated and keep your mind and body Active. Get up get out keep moving forward. we are all here to support you..be well....
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-26-2017 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Typo

Thanks you guys. Just getting ready to take my second dose of the day soon. Anxiety is so bad that I'm having a really hard time eating. Really have to force feed myself food. Not 100% sure if it's withdrawals making my stomach upset or anxiety. I'll be back to work tomorrow so I hope I will get a better sleep tonight. I have a ferry to catch as I'm on an island staying with family for few days. Won't get home until really late so hopefully I'll be good and tired by the time I get home. Is it fine to drop my dose now even if I'm sick in the morning before I take my dose?

Thanks Last time. Congrats on getting off. I'm actually just dropping from 12mg -8mg first. I let myself withdrawal a couple days first and now stabilizing on 8. I feel fine after I take my morning dose for a couple hours and after the evening dose. Feeling some withdrawals in between. I don't want to do the next drop until I'm stable without symptoms as it sounds like that could effect the whole taper. Just wondering how long it should take? My next drop will be to 6mg and hoping I can do that in the next few days. The little bit of withdrawals I feel in the morning suck......but at the same time I'm starting to feel again during that time and it's incredible. Can't wait for the fog to lift and to be me again!!! Soldier on Last Time!! And let me know how your doing!!

Hey Rob -

Hope your Holiday was Awesome!

I just wanted to remeind you that you were on the Suboxone for 2 years. That's a long time so it will take some time for you to get off and avoid the brunt of wd symptoms. Take this slow and steady. It really shouldn't matter if you get off in 6 weeks or 8 weeks so long as you get off. Don't make a race out of it because that will spell trouble.

The 4-7 days between dose reductions is not set in stone. For those on subs a long time it can sometimes take a week, even 2 weeks between SOME dose reductions. You may be able to reduce after 4 days on one dose, but may need more time on others. Go with your gut and you'll be just fine.

And I'll tell you right now that you can drop from 8mg to 6mg and it won't change a thing, physically. Now your head will tell you that you are feeling symptoms and it's too big of a drop, but it isn't. We can talk ourselves into anything, and we can tell ourselves the symptoms are horrible when they really aren't. Take a positive attitude through this and be determined and things will fall into place nicely.

Make the dose reduction to 6mg, spend at least 4-7 days on that dose and if you're stable then go ahead and redcue to 4.5mg daily. If you're not stable after 4-7 days then try taking it a day at a time and reduce when you feel you're ready.

Randy
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Thanks Randy. I'm still definitely getting some physical withdrawals. I think it was a mistake to not take anything for those couple days and that's why I'm not stable yet. I think I will drop to 6 on Friday and then I will have 2 days off in case I don't feel good. I'm back to work today and I feel better because of it. I'm able to get out of my head and it's helping with the anxiety. I really appreciate you helping me through this taper Randy. I used to read these posts before I ever took Suboxone. Back when Robert used to walk people through it. Good on you for stepping up and taking over to help so many people. And thanks to everyone else who has shown me support. I'm so grateful for all of you.
    UncleLeo and Randy35 like this.

Today will be day 2 on 6mg. Feels nice to be on half the amount of sub in just over a week. I know I still have a long way to go and the worst is yet to come but feels good none the less. I woke up real early this morning with stomach pain and couldn't go back to sleep. I took my 3mg and I am starting to feel better. I have a long weekend to get adjusted to this dose so I'm not really concerned about It. My head feels a lot more clear at this point but man does the depression show up in the morning and late afternoon before my second dose. I've been suffering from depression while on suboxone but I'm realizing it's something I'm going to have to get in check once I'm off. It's scary. I will deal with that as it comes and just try and stay positive knowing that I will be able to put this all behind me soon and have my life back. I think I'm going to start hitting the gym as much as I can as that's something I really enjoyed before I went on the subs. Thanks for all the help and support

Today will be day 2 on 6mg. Feels nice to be on half the amount of sub in just over a week. I know I still have a long way to go and the worst is yet to come but feels good none the less. I woke up real early this morning with stomach pain and couldn't go back to sleep. I took my 3mg and I am starting to feel better. I have a long weekend to get adjusted to this dose so I'm not really concerned about It. My head feels a lot more clear at this point but man does the depression show up in the morning and late afternoon before my second dose. I've been suffering from depression while on suboxone but I'm realizing it's something I'm going to have to get in check once I'm off. It's scary. I will deal with that as it comes and just try and stay positive knowing that I will be able to put this all behind me soon and have my life back. I think I'm going to start hitting the gym as much as I can as that's something I really enjoyed before I went on the subs. Thanks for all the help and support

Hello Rob -

Isn't it amazing how we begin to feel better once our dose of Suboxone gets lower. It's hard to believe, and I tell nearly everyone that once you're down to the 1-2mg range you'll discover that amount will hold off the wd's just as the 12mg and higher amounts did. It's a crazy strong drug.

It's perfectly normal to feel some stomach pain when getting off the subs. We have Gabba receptors in our belly and the Suboxone really disrupts it. Most people are severely constipated on subs and fell no belly pain. But once you begin tapering our bodies are fighting hard to become some kind of normal. You'll feel some belly pain once in a while but it will pass given a little time. Our bodies have a miraculous way of healing. You may begin sneezing....a lot...as you reduce your dose further. That's also a very common symptom of not only getting off subs, but opiates in general. Sneezing fits happen quite often.

You'll also notice sights, sounds, and smells becoming more noticeable as you lower your dose. You'll soon be realizing just how much you've been missing. Sights and sounds really come alive. And you'll begin to smell things you haven't smelled in quite some time.

Just keep doing what you're doing. Reduce on the 5th day IF stable. If not stable then wait a day or two (or whatever it takes) and then reduce. Before you know it you'll be down under 1mg daily. Keep up your positive attitude and be determined to get off. Success is yours for the taking!

Randy
    UncleLeo and RBL12345 like this.

Thanks Randy. Your a stand up man!!! Last night was a little ruff. Didn't sleep for more than an hour at a time but at least the physical symptoms were minimal. My stomach gets up set in the night before I dose and in the late afternoon. I know that I need to eat and it has been tough. Does anyone know what heathy foods I should get that are easy to eat?

If you're stomach is upset you can always drink protein shakes or ensure. Protein is your best friend, throw in some bananas or any other fruits and veggies. It should help. I did that for the first week of my jump because my stomach was in knots.

Thanks Beef. Yeah I got bananas and yogurt/granola and protein powder. I also got lots of chicken as I find it a lot easier to eat than other proteins right now. I find salad easy to eat so have been making salads with chicken on them. Definitely need to change it up a bit though. Starting to get sick of eating the same thing everyday lol. It's a weird feeling being hungry but not able to eat much. I find when my stomach is empty the issues are a lot worse. I lost about 20 pound while on suboxone and I lose a lot of weight during detox so I really have to keep the calories up during this taper. Thank you for tips and hope your having a great day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast