Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 53
Like Tree27Likes
Coming off for good
  1. #1
    Chjohnson is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    32

    Default Coming off for good

    So my wife and I have been taking oxycodone pain medication for over 4 years. Between 6 and 7 - 10mg pills a day/each. We have both wanted to quit for some time but with us both being on them it has been difficult. We have decided to start the process next weekend. We are going to use sub and Roberts plan to help us with the physical and emotional symptoms we know we will experience. I would really love Roberts help because we have read many many threads with him helping and we both believe it would be vital to our success to have him. We also welcome anyone else's opinions, encouragement, advice. The support that this community gives is the final reason we have made the plunge. Wish us luck as we know this will be one of the hardest things we've ever done but we also know it will be the most rewarding thing. Thanks in advance for all your help.

  2. #2
    Misty234 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Hi CH,

    Welcome to the forum you will get lots of support and great advice here. I would like you to know that sadly Robert has passed but there are plenty of people that will stop by and help. I wish you much luck and strength and scucess on your journey. Take Care..Lisa

  3. #3
    Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chjohnson View Post
    So my wife and I have been taking oxycodone pain medication for over 4 years. Between 6 and 7 - 10mg pills a day/each. We have both wanted to quit for some time but with us both being on them it has been difficult. We have decided to start the process next weekend. We are going to use sub and Roberts plan to help us with the physical and emotional symptoms we know we will experience. I would really love Roberts help because we have read many many threads with him helping and we both believe it would be vital to our success to have him. We also welcome anyone else's opinions, encouragement, advice. The support that this community gives is the final reason we have made the plunge. Wish us luck as we know this will be one of the hardest things we've ever done but we also know it will be the most rewarding thing. Thanks in advance for all your help.
    Okay, I see that you started your thread in the appropriate forum. The weekends are slow in the forums so hang tight. I'll leave a post on Randys thread so he knows your thread is here now? I know you said you want to start the sub induction on Sunday? Remember that the induction is the most important part and you must be in moderated to severe withdrawal before you start the induction! Make sure you score a minimum of 26 on the COWS worksheet before you start the induction! Having said that I would probably stop taking all opiates at least 36 hours before you plan to induct to make sure that you'll be able to score a 26 or higher on the COWS worksheet? Do not start the induction until you score yourself (honestly) a 26 or above! Follow Robert's plan exactly. Start your induction with .5mg sub, wait 2 hours and if you're are not stable with very little to no withdrawals then you can add another.25mg and then wait another 1.5 hours to see how you feel? If necessary you can repeat the .25mg every 1.5 hours until you're stable. You want to get stable on the lowest amount possible! Hopefully Randy will stop by before you begin your induction? Good luck! God bless us all!

    P.S.
    Read Robert's sub taper plan over and over so you understand everything 100%?
    Randy35 likes this.

  4. #4
    Chjohnson is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    Okay, I see that you started your thread in the appropriate forum. The weekends are slow in the forums so hang tight. I'll leave a post on Randys thread so he knows your thread is here now? I know you said you want to start the sub induction on Sunday? Remember that the induction is the most important part and you must be in moderated to severe withdrawal before you start the induction! Make sure you score a minimum of 26 on the COWS worksheet before you start the induction! Having said that I would probably stop taking all opiates at least 36 hours before you plan to induct to make sure that you'll be able to score a 26 or higher on the COWS worksheet? Do not start the induction until you score yourself (honestly) a 26 or above! Follow Robert's plan exactly. Start your induction with .5mg sub, wait 2 hours and if you're are not stable with very little to no withdrawals then you can add another.25mg and then wait another 1.5 hours to see how you feel? If necessary you can repeat the .25mg every 1.5 hours until you're stable. You want to get stable on the lowest amount possible! Hopefully Randy will stop by before you begin your induction? Good luck! God bless us all!

    P.S.
    Read Robert's sub taper plan over and over so you understand everything 100%?
    Thank you for your quick response. I am planning on doing the induction on next Sunday not this Sunday. I have read Robert's plan as well as some other threads that have had great success with this plan. I can tell you I am excited to finally have an opportunity at life again. I know if we follow this plan and get a good support system in place then we too can be successful.
    Ming23 likes this.

  5. #5
    Randy35 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chjohnson View Post
    Thank you for your quick response. I am planning on doing the induction on next Sunday not this Sunday. I have read Robert's plan as well as some other threads that have had great success with this plan. I can tell you I am excited to finally have an opportunity at life again. I know if we follow this plan and get a good support system in place then we too can be successful.

    Hey there,

    One thing that's VERY important is that you not take any kind of comfort meds or supplements during the time you're waiting in wd's to induct. After you completely stop your drug of choice try not to take a thing that will make you feel better. The goal is to be sick enough with wd symptoms so you can get the induction started. If you take any comfort meds it could and usually delays your Cows score.

    This means you shouldn't be taking things like tylenol, motrin, a benzo. imodium, or anything along those lines. It's very important that you don't. The only exception is if you happen to be on a benzo under doctors orders. It's never safe to stop those abruptly. If you do happen to be on a benzo they maybe you could take a very tiny amount for a couple days.

    Your plan is in motion for next Sunday. I'll make a note to myself to be here to offer any help I can. Follow the sub therapy plan and you'll be fine as Ricky mentioned. You are going to do very well I'm betting!

    Randy
    Ming23 likes this.

  6. #6
    Chjohnson is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Hey there,

    One thing that's VERY important is that you not take any kind of comfort meds or supplements during the time you're waiting in wd's to induct. After you completely stop your drug of choice try not to take a thing that will make you feel better. The goal is to be sick enough with wd symptoms so you can get the induction started. If you take any comfort meds it could and usually delays your Cows score.

    This means you shouldn't be taking things like tylenol, motrin, a benzo. imodium, or anything along those lines. It's very important that you don't. The only exception is if you happen to be on a benzo under doctors orders. It's never safe to stop those abruptly. If you do happen to be on a benzo they maybe you could take a very tiny amount for a couple days.

    Your plan is in motion for next Sunday. I'll make a note to myself to be here to offer any help I can. Follow the sub therapy plan and you'll be fine as Ricky mentioned. You are going to do very well I'm betting!

    Randy
    Thank you for the advice. We will be sure not to take any comfort meds. The plan is in motion for this Sunday. We are planning on taking our last meds on Friday night around 8 pm and then wait until we get a 26 or above on the COWs sheet. Hopefully, by Sunday morning we will score high enough to get the induction started. I will keep everyone posted. Thank you again for being here to help me through this!! We are definitely nervous and anxious but we are so excited to finally be done with them.
    Ming23 likes this.

  7. #7
    Chjohnson is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    Okay, I see that you started your thread in the appropriate forum. The weekends are slow in the forums so hang tight. I'll leave a post on Randys thread so he knows your thread is here now? I know you said you want to start the sub induction on Sunday? Remember that the induction is the most important part and you must be in moderated to severe withdrawal before you start the induction! Make sure you score a minimum of 26 on the COWS worksheet before you start the induction! Having said that I would probably stop taking all opiates at least 36 hours before you plan to induct to make sure that you'll be able to score a 26 or higher on the COWS worksheet? Do not start the induction until you score yourself (honestly) a 26 or above! Follow Robert's plan exactly. Start your induction with .5mg sub, wait 2 hours and if you're are not stable with very little to no withdrawals then you can add another.25mg and then wait another 1.5 hours to see how you feel? If necessary you can repeat the .25mg every 1.5 hours until you're stable. You want to get stable on the lowest amount possible! Hopefully Randy will stop by before you begin your induction? Good luck! God bless us all!

    P.S.
    Read Robert's sub taper plan over and over so you understand everything 100%?
    If anyone else has any advice or tips or things you think would help us, please speak up. We really need all the encouragement and advice and support we can get. Our plan is in motion. I am going to my dr tomorrow to get the prescription for the sub. Once I get it I believe I'm going to go ahead and get some small .5 pieces cut up so they will be ready to go for when we begin the induction.
    Catrina and Ming23 like this.

  8. #8
    Catrina is online now Diamond Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,118

    Default

    Welcome to the Forum and congratulations for making your plan and preparing to set it in motion. Post often because it really helps. The more you post, the more support you will get. Because you are planning on inducting on Sunday, please don't get discouraged if it gets slow around here. It usually does on the weekend. I saw that Randy has made note to try and be here for you. I promise, you can't get much better than to have Randy behind you.

    One thing I wanted to mention (and you probably are already aware) that the time you need from your last dose of oxy isn't a good indicator for when you'll be ready to take your first dose of sub. I do see that Ricky spoke to you about being sure you score yourself accurately and honestly using the COWS. This is truly the only method that will accurately gauge when you're ready. In addition, everyone is different with how quickly our bodies metabolize so it's entirely possible, even likely that you and your wife may reach that magic number of 26 at different times. Try not to compare your symptoms and scores with hers and vice versa.

    It's a really good idea to cut your tablets or strips in advance. Once you are in moderate to severe withdrawal, your hands probably won't be steady enough to accurately cut those small pieces. The amount of oxy that you and your wife are taking right now isn't huge so you shouldn't need much sub to become stable. Be aware too, that the amount that you need may be different than what your wife needs even though the amount of oxy you're taking is similar to one another.

    I'd cut the subs so that each of you have a .5 mg dose to start with. Then I'd cut the remainder of that pill or strip into .25 mg pieces. If you are prescribed 8mg tabs or strips there should be plenty to get both of you stable with one tab or strip. Only rarely have I seen anyone need more than 4mg total per day even those folks who are using as much as 200 mg per day or more of oxy. You won't be sorry in the long run to do your absolute best to induct slowly. This means that after you take your initial dose of .5, wait a full hour or longer to give it a chance to take full effect. If you're not yet stable (without symptoms) than take a .25mg piece and wait again. Repeat taking a .25 piece being sure to wait long enough in between for it to take effect.. Once you are comfortable and your symptoms have been relieved, you are stable and that's your initial daily dose so be sure to keep track of how much you've taken in total..

    Unlike short acting opiates, less is more with subs and the lower you can get stable at, the sooner you will be able to complete your taper. It's really important that once you establish your correct dose, you remain consistent with it until you are ready to make your first reduction. That includes dosing at the same time(s) everyday. Whether you dose once or twice a day will be up to you. The half life is long enough that you shouldn't have any problem with a dose keeping you good for 24 hours but in the beginning most people prefer to split their daily dose and take one in the morning and the other 8-10 hours later. Just be sure it's not too close to bed time. Once you get to a lower dose, most people just find it easier to dose once per day.

    Slow. Steady. Consistent. You'll be done in no time. Best wishes to both of you and be sure to post often.

    Peace,

    Cat
    Ming23 likes this.

  9. #9
    Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chjohnson View Post
    If anyone else has any advice or tips or things you think would help us, please speak up. We really need all the encouragement and advice and support we can get. Our plan is in motion. I am going to my dr tomorrow to get the prescription for the sub. Once I get it I believe I'm going to go ahead and get some small .5 pieces cut up so they will be ready to go for when we begin the induction.
    You're gonna do fine! It sounds like your mindset is right and if you follow the plan as outlined you and your wife will succeed with minimal to no problems? As Cat mentioned, you guys will most likely not score a 26 or above on the COWS worksheet at the same time. Just be patient and don't rush this process! Keep track of your individual times for induction and dosing so there is no confusion? My buddy just started Robert's plan a few weeks ago and he was able to become stable on 2mg/day, he was using between 30-60mg of oxycodone/day! I'm not sure what dose you and your wife will become stable at and you very well could be at a different stable dose after everything is all said and done? Stay positive! Best of luck to you both... God bless us all!
    Ming23 likes this.

  10. #10
    Chjohnson is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    Welcome to the Forum and congratulations for making your plan and preparing to set it in motion. Post often because it really helps. The more you post, the more support you will get. Because you are planning on inducting on Sunday, please don't get discouraged if it gets slow around here. It usually does on the weekend. I saw that Randy has made note to try and be here for you. I promise, you can't get much better than to have Randy behind you.

    One thing I wanted to mention (and you probably are already aware) that the time you need from your last dose of oxy isn't a good indicator for when you'll be ready to take your first dose of sub. I do see that Ricky spoke to you about being sure you score yourself accurately and honestly using the COWS. This is truly the only method that will accurately gauge when you're ready. In addition, everyone is different with how quickly our bodies metabolize so it's entirely possible, even likely that you and your wife may reach that magic number of 26 at different times. Try not to compare your symptoms and scores with hers and vice versa.

    It's a really good idea to cut your tablets or strips in advance. Once you are in moderate to severe withdrawal, your hands probably won't be steady enough to accurately cut those small pieces. The amount of oxy that you and your wife are taking right now isn't huge so you shouldn't need much sub to become stable. Be aware too, that the amount that you need may be different than what your wife needs even though the amount of oxy you're taking is similar to one another.

    I'd cut the subs so that each of you have a .5 mg dose to start with. Then I'd cut the remainder of that pill or strip into .25 mg pieces. If you are prescribed 8mg tabs or strips there should be plenty to get both of you stable with one tab or strip. Only rarely have I seen anyone need more than 4mg total per day even those folks who are using as much as 200 mg per day or more of oxy. You won't be sorry in the long run to do your absolute best to induct slowly. This means that after you take your initial dose of .5, wait a full hour or longer to give it a chance to take full effect. If you're not yet stable (without symptoms) than take a .25mg piece and wait again. Repeat taking a .25 piece being sure to wait long enough in between for it to take effect.. Once you are comfortable and your symptoms have been relieved, you are stable and that's your initial daily dose so be sure to keep track of how much you've taken in total..

    Unlike short acting opiates, less is more with subs and the lower you can get stable at, the sooner you will be able to complete your taper. It's really important that once you establish your correct dose, you remain consistent with it until you are ready to make your first reduction. That includes dosing at the same time(s) everyday. Whether you dose once or twice a day will be up to you. The half life is long enough that you shouldn't have any problem with a dose keeping you good for 24 hours but in the beginning most people prefer to split their daily dose and take one in the morning and the other 8-10 hours later. Just be sure it's not too close to bed time. Once you get to a lower dose, most people just find it easier to dose once per day.

    Slow. Steady. Consistent. You'll be done in no time. Best wishes to both of you and be sure to post often.

    Peace,

    Cat
    Cat,

    Thank you so much for taking the time to offer your advice. My wife and I have read through this thread many times. That's a great point about our bodies metabolizing at different rates. I will be sure we keep up with our items separately. I went yesterday and got my sub. I went ahead and cut up some .5 pieces and cut up the rest of the strip into .25 pieces. I went ahead and paid to download the film cutting guide from the internet. It helped me to get even cuts each time. For me, it was worth the $10 it cost. So everything is in motion. Today will be our last day to take oxy. We will be taking our last doses this evening and then start the wait. Thank you for making yourself available to help us through this process. For now, we are taking it slow.
    Ming23 likes this.

  11. #11
    Chjohnson is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    You're gonna do fine! It sounds like your mindset is right and if you follow the plan as outlined you and your wife will succeed with minimal to no problems? As Cat mentioned, you guys will most likely not score a 26 or above on the COWS worksheet at the same time. Just be patient and don't rush this process! Keep track of your individual times for induction and dosing so there is no confusion? My buddy just started Robert's plan a few weeks ago and he was able to become stable on 2mg/day, he was using between 30-60mg of oxycodone/day! I'm not sure what dose you and your wife will become stable at and you very well could be at a different stable dose after everything is all said and done? Stay positive! Best of luck to you both... God bless us all!
    Ricky - Thanks for the advice and the support. We are both excited and optimistic about finally being able to have a new life. For us, for our daughter, for our future. We really appreciate all of your help.
    Ming23 likes this.

  12. #12
    Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chjohnson View Post
    Ricky - Thanks for the advice and the support. We are both excited and optimistic about finally being able to have a new life. For us, for our daughter, for our future. We really appreciate all of your help.
    I wish I knew you were going to pay for a video on cutting suboxone strips? There is a member here who made a great instructional video! Oh well, here's a link - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ttZ5ATKb-LE&feature=plpp
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-27-2016 at 04:50 PM.
    Ming23 likes this.

  13. #13
    Chjohnson is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    I wish I knew you were going to pay for a video on cutting suboxone strips? There is a member here who made a great instructional video! Oh well, here's a link - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ttZ5ATKb-LE&feature=plpp
    I paid for the access to download a sheet of paper/guide. You lay the sub strips on the different guides and it shows you where to cut to get accurate cuts. Kind of basic but it helped me really get good even cuts. It will help with cutting them down to .062. Thanks for posting the video though as well. It will be beneficial to others.
    Ming23 likes this.

  14. #14
    Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chjohnson View Post
    I paid for the access to download a sheet of paper/guide. You lay the sub strips on the different guides and it shows you where to cut to get accurate cuts. Kind of basic but it helped me really get good even cuts. It will help with cutting them down to .062. Thanks for posting the video though as well. It will be beneficial to others.
    No worries! Whatever helps is most important! I'm glad to see that you are taking the time to plan this out so well, Like I said before, I believe you guys are going to do great! So the countdown begins? Remember, don't rush the induction! However long it takes to score your 26 or above on the COWS worksheet is not important, just make sure score is correct? Hopefully Randy will be back around for your induction to advise you in case you have any questions or concerns? You got this! God bless us all!
    Ming23 likes this.

  15. #15
    Chjohnson is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    No worries! Whatever helps is most important! I'm glad to see that you are taking the time to plan this out so well, Like I said before, I believe you guys are going to do great! So the countdown begins? Remember, don't rush the induction! However long it takes to score your 26 or above on the COWS worksheet is not important, just make sure score is correct? Hopefully Randy will be back around for your induction to advise you in case you have any questions or concerns? You got this! God bless us all!
    Welll its 8am on Saturday and We took our last dose at 8pm last night. I've got a horrible headache already. We will keep posting through the day to keep you updated with our progress. Looking forward to getting through this day.
    Ming23 and Toby3610 like this.

  16. #16
    Ming23 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,066

    Default

    Be sure to avoid all comfort meds--even aspirin as they will affect your scores. Hang in there! Drink water. Plenty of it. You're on your way. You can def do this! Post when you can...

  17. #17
    Chjohnson is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming23 View Post
    Be sure to avoid all comfort meds--even aspirin as they will affect your scores. Hang in there! Drink water. Plenty of it. You're on your way. You can def do this! Post when you can...
    It's after 2 now and both of us are feeling pretty bad. This headache is the worst for me. We're not going to take anything though. I've already taken 4 hot showers today. Seems to give me a few minutes of relief. I'm so ready for day 1 to be over. Back to lay down for a while. Will post more later.

  18. #18
    Chjohnson is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Here's a little update. Yesterday after 4pm it got really bad. The w/d symptoms were in full force. It's now 3am and we are starting to get some relief. Last night at 10:30pm we both got to a 26 so we took a .5mg piece and waited. Around 1:30a.m. we were still feeling bad so we took another .25 piece. We both feel better than we did but still having some symptoms. We just both took another .25 piece and were hoping 1mg will be the magic number. We're going to try to get some rest now and see how we feel in the morning. If we need to take another piece then we will. If not, then we know what the induction dose is.

    My question for y'all is since we took the first dose at 10 pm and we don't know when the last dose of our induction dose will be yet, what is the best way to get back to starting our regular doses in the mornings. I.e. If we take our last dose at 6am and determine it is in fact 1mg induction dose, will we be able to wait until Monday morning to take our next day's dosage or would we take it sometime Sunday. Please let me know so we know what to do. We are so excited to get a glimpse into the sober life. I told my wife we have made it through the worst part. We are well on our way. Support group is in place. Looking at meetings now, and setting up a good recovery plan. Thank God for the opportunity to finally get off those. Thanks yall for all the help you've been as well. What all of y'all do to help people change their own lives is so awesome. Definitely paying it forward for many of you.

  19. #19
    Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chjohnson View Post
    Here's a little update. Yesterday after 4pm it got really bad. The w/d symptoms were in full force. It's now 3am and we are starting to get some relief. Last night at 10:30pm we both got to a 26 so we took a .5mg piece and waited. Around 1:30a.m. we were still feeling bad so we took another .25 piece. We both feel better than we did but still having some symptoms. We just both took another .25 piece and were hoping 1mg will be the magic number. We're going to try to get some rest now and see how we feel in the morning. If we need to take another piece then we will. If not, then we know what the induction dose is.

    My question for y'all is since we took the first dose at 10 pm and we don't know when the last dose of our induction dose will be yet, what is the best way to get back to starting our regular doses in the mornings. I.e. If we take our last dose at 6am and determine it is in fact 1mg induction dose, will we be able to wait until Monday morning to take our next day's dosage or would we take it sometime Sunday. Please let me know so we know what to do. We are so excited to get a glimpse into the sober life. I told my wife we have made it through the worst part. We are well on our way. Support group is in place. Looking at meetings now, and setting up a good recovery plan. Thank God for the opportunity to finally get off those. Thanks yall for all the help you've been as well. What all of y'all do to help people change their own lives is so awesome. Definitely paying it forward for many of you.
    Hey buddy, just wanted to copy a little bit on the induction from Robert's plan, I hope this can clear up some of the questions you have right now?

    "The induction process should last for a period of 4-5 days. The first day is when the patient is initially stabilized. On the second day the induction dose is split into two equal doses as this will help with making tapering easier later in the process. At the end of either three or four days we find that the dose used to stabilize the patient can be reduced by 25% on the following day and this becomes the lowest effective dose. Doing all of this takes 4-5 days depending on the individual. This is where the patient’s dose remains until they begin to taper down the dose."

    "Allowing 4-5 days provides ample time to adjust the induction dose as may be required to maintain the stability of the patient. Those patients who don’t stabilize properly have problems throughout their therapy. That is always the case. The amount used to stabilize doesn’t seem to be as important as using the aforementioned process by which the induction is done up to a point as previously mentioned."

  20. #20
    Chjohnson is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    Hey buddy, just wanted to copy a little bit on the induction from Robert's plan, I hope this can clear up some of the questions you have right now?

    "The induction process should last for a period of 4-5 days. The first day is when the patient is initially stabilized. On the second day the induction dose is split into two equal doses as this will help with making tapering easier later in the process. At the end of either three or four days we find that the dose used to stabilize the patient can be reduced by 25% on the following day and this becomes the lowest effective dose. Doing all of this takes 4-5 days depending on the individual. This is where the patient’s dose remains until they begin to taper down the dose."

    "Allowing 4-5 days provides ample time to adjust the induction dose as may be required to maintain the stability of the patient. Those patients who don’t stabilize properly have problems throughout their therapy. That is always the case. The amount used to stabilize doesn’t seem to be as important as using the aforementioned process by which the induction is done up to a point as previously mentioned."
    I read that. I don't think it answers my question though. Here is what I'm wondering. Below is the schedule of when I took sub. I'm wondering about when I should take my day 2s dose?

    Sat 10:30 P.M. - took .5mg sub
    Sun 1:30 A.M. - took .25 mg sub
    Mon 3:30 A.M. - took .25 mg sub

    So far I feel really good. So my question is when should I take my day 2's dose of 1mg? I want to get on track of taking the sub in the morning times. Sorry for the confusion.

  21. #21
    Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chjohnson View Post
    I read that. I don't think it answers my question though. Here is what I'm wondering. Below is the schedule of when I took sub. I'm wondering about when I should take my day 2s dose?

    Sat 10:30 P.M. - took .5mg sub
    Sun 1:30 A.M. - took .25 mg sub
    Mon 3:30 A.M. - took .25 mg sub

    So far I feel really good. So my question is when should I take my day 2's dose of 1mg? I want to get on track of taking the sub in the morning times. Sorry for the confusion.
    Okay, so you feel pretty decent on 1mg? I introduced my buddy to Robert's sub taper plan a few weeks ago. Once he became stable (his stable dose was 2mg) on the 1st day of induction, after his last .25mg dose that brought him up to a total of 2mg he waited 10 hours and then dosed 1mg and then his other half of 1mg 10 hours later. So hes dosing twice a day, 10 hours apart. Does that make sense, kinda hard to explain in words? So your last dose was at 3:30am, I would dose again .5mg at 1:30pm? Then again .5mg 10 hours after that? 1mg a day split in 2 doses, .5mg twice a day about 10 hours apart? Again, the 1st 3-4 days of the induction allows for adjustments? Hope this helps? I'm sures others will chime in with their thoughts and suggestions? Sounds like you're doing really well so far? Be well... God bless us all!

  22. #22
    Chjohnson is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chjohnson View Post
    I read that. I don't think it answers my question though. Here is what I'm wondering. Below is the schedule of when I took sub. I'm wondering about when I should take my day 2s dose?

    Sat 10:30 P.M. - took .5mg sub
    Sun 1:30 A.M. - took .25 mg sub
    Mon 3:30 A.M. - took .25 mg sub

    So far I feel really good. So my question is when should I take my day 2's dose of 1mg? I want to get on track of taking the sub in the morning times. Sorry for the confusion.
    Above, where it say "Mon 3:30 A.M." Is actually supposed to be Sun 3:30 A.M.

  23. #23
    Chjohnson is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    Okay, so you feel pretty decent on 1mg? I introduced my buddy to Robert's sub taper plan a few weeks ago. Once he became stable (his stable dose was 2mg) on the 1st day of induction, after his last .25mg dose that brought him up to a total of 2mg he waited 10 hours and then dosed 1mg and then his other half of 1mg 10 hours later. So hes dosing twice a day, 10 hours apart. Does that make sense, kinda hard to explain in words? So your last dose was at 3:30am, I would dose again .5mg at 1:30pm? Then again .5mg 10 hours after that? 1mg a day split in 2 doses, .5mg twice a day about 10 hours apart? Again, the 1st 3-4 days of the induction allows for adjustments? Hope this helps? I'm sures others will chime in with their thoughts and suggestions? Sounds like you're doing really well so far? Be well... God bless us all!
    I feel very decent on 1mg. My wife may have to go up a little higher but I'll know more when she wakes up. Ok, I will try that. I read a lot where we should not take a dose so close to bed time but if you think it's ok to take at 11 pm then I will prepare to do that schedule. What about taking .5mg at 1pm today and another .5mg around 10pm today?

  24. #24
    Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chjohnson View Post
    I feel very decent on 1mg. My wife may have to go up a little higher but I'll know more when she wakes up. Ok, I will try that. I read a lot where we should not take a dose so close to bed time but if you think it's ok to take at 11 pm then I will prepare to do that schedule. What about taking .5mg at 1pm today and another .5mg around 10pm today?
    I knew what you meant by 3:30am? You can adjust the dosage times to a schedule that you want just make sure you're dosing twice a day and around the same time everyday? I think the recommendation regarding not taking a dose close to bed pertains to some people not being able to sleep because of a possible energy spike from the sub but I'm not sure about that? You'll be fine I'm betting! Take care... God bless us all!
    Ming23 likes this.

  25. #25
    Chjohnson is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    32

    Default

    So today is day 2 on sub. We decided to go ahead and take our 1mg dose at 12:00pm yesterday. It's now Monday morning and I just took my 1mg dose for today. We should be on schedule to take our 1mg dose each morning when we wake up until we reduce. Day 1 on sub was everything I hoped it would be. I was able to get some things done around the house. It felt really good to get out of the house and walk too. If the dose I just took last me until tomorrow morning then I think we are well on our way. I know its a holiday weekend. I just wanted to give yall a little update on us. Thanks again for all the support and advice. Means a lot to us that yall are here to help us through this time.
    Ming23 likes this.

  26. #26
    Ming23 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,066

    Default

    Hey Ch
    So far so good! I would wait 8-10 hours after morning dose to take second dose. I would not dose at 11 pm. Too close to bedtime.
    Good job on a well-planned induction. So, you're on 1 mg and the wife is on what dosage?
    You will be very happy that u inducted at a low dose because eventually we have to taper off the subs and the lower the dose, the better the taper goes.
    Proud of you! Wish i had inducted so low but i needed more since i was quitting methadone. Your taper will go much more smoothly since less is more with subs!
    Stay hydrated! Subs dehydrate us. Sip water frequently and often!
    Post when u can...
    As i re-read your post: Are u dosing just once a day? That's ok when you're on low doses. Just not sure of what u meant...
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-30-2016 at 08:21 AM.

  27. #27
    Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chjohnson View Post
    So today is day 2 on sub. We decided to go ahead and take our 1mg dose at 12:00pm yesterday. It's now Monday morning and I just took my 1mg dose for today. We should be on schedule to take our 1mg dose each morning when we wake up until we reduce. Day 1 on sub was everything I hoped it would be. I was able to get some things done around the house. It felt really good to get out of the house and walk too. If the dose I just took last me until tomorrow morning then I think we are well on our way. I know its a holiday weekend. I just wanted to give yall a little update on us. Thanks again for all the support and advice. Means a lot to us that yall are here to help us through this time.
    Not sure I'm reading this right? Sounds like you're doing once a day? If you're stable on 1mg/day then you should be dosing twice a day at .5mg per dose. AM dose = .5mg, 8-10 hours later .5mg dose, same times everyday! Re-read the posts from yesterday, you might of had some confusion? If I'm wrong, I apologize? I just want to make sure you're dosing correctly? Take care... God bless us all!

  28. #28
    Chjohnson is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming23 View Post
    Hey Ch
    So far so good! I would wait 8-10 hours after morning dose to take second dose. I would not dose at 11 pm. Too close to bedtime.
    Good job on a well-planned induction. So, you're on 1 mg and the wife is on what dosage?
    You will be very happy that u inducted at a low dose because eventually we have to taper off the subs and the lower the dose, the better the taper goes.
    Proud of you! Wish i had inducted so low but i needed more since i was quitting methadone. Your taper will go much more smoothly since less is more with subs!
    Stay hydrated! Subs dehydrate us. Sip water frequently and often!
    Post when u can...
    As i re-read your post: Are u dosing just once a day? That's ok when you're on low doses. Just not sure of what u meant...
    Yes we decided to just do 1 dose a day. For one reason we did not like the idea of taking a dose so late and it would be somewhat difficult for us to stop working in the afternoon Long enough for the dose to dissolve. Plenty of people told us on this forum that dosing once a day is perfectly fine because of the half life of the medicine? Is this not ok?? If the dose we took this morning holds us until tomorrow morning I thought we would be OK to only dose once daily. Is that no true?? My wife is on 1mg as well. I'm really glad we stabilized at 1mg. I felt pretty good when I woke up this morning. My wife just told me that her stomach hurts a little and she feels hot and cold. Not bad but she feels it. What signs should she be looking for before she should take a .25mg dose?

  29. #29
    Chjohnson is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    Not sure I'm reading this right? Sounds like you're doing once a day? If you're stable on 1mg/day then you should be dosing twice a day at .5mg per dose. AM dose = .5mg, 8-10 hours later .5mg dose, same times everyday! Re-read the posts from yesterday, you might of had some confusion? If I'm wrong, I apologize? I just want to make sure you're dosing correctly? Take care... God bless us all!
    I appreciate you helping. I read all of the threads I also was told that once a day was fine with the dosing that I have. Is that not been your experience?

  30. #30
    Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chjohnson View Post
    I appreciate you helping. I read all of the threads I also was told that once a day was fine with the dosing that I have. Is that not been your experience?
    My experience is from some of the experts here in the forums and of course Robert's sub taper plan that I have read many times. I also introduced Robert's plan to a friend of mine about a month ago, I helped him with the induction and mapping out his plan. The reason for dosing two times a day is so you have a steady amount of sub and so you don't experience discomfort by waiting 24 hours in between doses? Once you get to low doses the switch to once a day helps for the time when you start your skip days and your final jump? If you feel fine dosing once a day then that's great but if you feel some discomforts then splitting your dose up may help? Whatever works for you? Keep us updated? God bless us all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Coming off opiates for good!
    By Anonymous in forum Prescription Drug Addiction
    Replies: 321
    Last Post: 08-13-2016, 07:42 AM
  2. coming off suboxne
    By MilesDawg in forum Need to Talk?
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 09:38 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22