Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By IdJ
  • 2 Post By Randy35
  • 2 Post By Randy35
  • 1 Post By IdJ
  • 1 Post By IdJ
  • 1 Post By Ming23
  • 1 Post By Ming23
On day 1 of Suboxone, need advice for short duration stabilaztion/taper.
    IdJ
    IdJ is offline New Member

Question On day 1 of Suboxone, need advice for short duration stabilaztion/taper.

Hi all & thanks to those helping others here.

To start I'm a 44yr old male in decent shape. I don't consider my an addict & have never scored or miss used my meds, just want to get off now that I'm better. I've recently gone into remission & have been using my prescribed pain meds properly for the last 15 yrs. Most of that time I was on 75 or 50 fentanyl patch every 4 days & 180 10/325 vicodin per month. Last few months I cut out the hydros & did taper the patch to 25mcg for a few weeks from 50.

My goal is to be off everything in 29 days, but if I can do it shorter would love too. I don't want to get hooked on the suboxone so the shorter the duration the better.

I went to a sub doc here in Austin & I thought I was being induced on 4mg pills come to find out, it was an 8mg. I just read the @Robert_325 sticky & am a little upset I was induced with one big pill. I want to mitigate the damage of that induction & see what I can do to use as little as possible.

It's been almost 22hrs since the first pill & I'm getting ready to take my second dose (just starting to feel a tinge of wd). I'm contemplating starting with 1mg slivers until I get relief but would like some advice. (Looking for the Legend Robert_325 or anyone who has done it.)

Question: What should I do next? Short duration plan?

thanks,
    J

IdJ

Quote Originally Posted by IdJ View Post
    It's been almost 22hrs since the first pill & I'm getting ready to take my second dose (just starting to feel a tinge of wd). I'm contemplating starting with 1mg slivers until I get relief but would like some advice.

Question: What should I do next? Short duration plan?
    After reading a few more posts I may try a .5 sliver first. I'm seeing a Dr & don't want to re-induce.
    Thanks,
    J
    Randy35 likes this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Hello J and welcome to the forum. Sad to say, but Robert 325 is no longer with us passing away several months ago. He sure left a legacy here. There are several of us that use the wisdom he taught and promote his sub plan to help as many as we can. I used the plan myelf and now clean 1 1/2 years. The sub plan has produced thousamds of success stories. You can certainly be one too!

Glad your aware the doctor probably put you on way too high of a dose. Should have inducted you in small increments until stable. I'm sure you would have felt just fine on a smaller dose. What's done is done and we can help get you down quickly.

I'm no fan of the quick sub taper because the relapse rate is so high. Some have been successful getting on and off quickly, but not many. I'm not saying you can't do it, I would just like to see you follow the sub plan as it's suggested. Up to you of course.

What I suggest you do is to basically start over and kinda re-induct. You could start by taking just .5 - 1mg today and see how you feel. If you need more after waiting an hour or so then try taking just .25mg. If you do it that way I bet you will be stable on around 2-4mg of sub and not the 8mg the goofy doctor gave you.

Let me know what you think.

Randy
    IdJ and Ming23 like this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

After reading a few more posts I may try a .5 sliver first. I'm seeing a Dr & don't want to re-induce.
    Thanks,
    J

That's exactly what I suggested. You don't have to go through the wd's again like a true induction, just start taking a lower dose until stable.

Randy
    IdJ and Ming23 like this.

IdJ

Thanks Randy for the prompt reply & your memorial about Robert. He left a legacy of help!

I will do what you say. Try .5 then .25's until stable.

One other thing that might be pertinent. During my 15ish yrs on the patch & hydros I never took them both at the sametime. After a year of using both switched to using the patch for 12-18 days then the Hydros for 10-13 days. In my head I thought that never being on them for more then a few weeks with a few weeks break would keep my receptors a little less stressed, clogged, etc.... I assumed that the patch serum would completely leave me during my hydros use & vice versa. The longest I've ever been on straight patch was the last 35 days during the 50 to 25 patch taper. I'm hoping this is my saving grace to get me on a short duration taper once stabilized.

That all said, I'm not against going longer if I need it. I also assumed that my lack of addict behavior would also make it easier. I never got high, not looking to get normal, just not suffer too much while getting the fentanyl out of my system.
    thanks again!
    J
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-08-2016 at 02:18 PM. Reason: spelling

IdJ

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    That's exactly what I suggested. You don't have to go through the wd's again like a true induction, just start taking a lower dose until stable.

Randy
    I don't know if this will last but I took .5mg (closer to .4mg after bad cut job & dust) 2hrs ago & am shocked that I feel ok. I may need more later. Even if I need 2mg more today (5x more than now) it will be an exponential reduction from the 8mg I was expecting to take.

Starting this low will be a massive improvement to my road map & should make for an easier taper.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Ming23 likes this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

I don't know if this will last but I took .5mg (closer to .4mg after bad cut job & dust) 2hrs ago & am shocked that I feel ok. I may need more later. Even if I need 2mg more today (5x more than now) it will be an exponential reduction from the 8mg I was expecting to take.

Starting this low will be a massive improvement to my road map & should make for an easier taper.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Idj
    With subs, because they're so damn strong, Less is More. Higher doses made me sick. I felt best on the lowest doses.
    Don't guess-ahead at how much you'll need. It has a very long half-life. Stays in the body for several days.
    We tend to think More is better. Not with subs.
    Listen honestly to your body. If you feel stable, Don't take more!

IdJ

It's been 21hrs since my 2nd dose which was probably closer to .33mg then had to scrape another .1mg 30 minutes later. So from 8mg to .45mg. I'm shocked how little is needed.

TBH @Ming23 I got high for the first time on my prescribed meds from the induction dose of 8mg. (I'm a pain patient not addict.) I see why people get addicted. Wonder if the Dr. knows he is so far off & wants to keep people on a long.... months long or forever maintenance for his pocket book? Is he trying to hook people on the new drug?

The difference between slapping a full 8mg on your tongue & taking .10 slivers is like shooting a bullet & throwing one.

So thankful for you all. You have saved me from at worse a bad doctor & months of a new addiction, at best an uninformed doctor & a tough taper.

If I can get stable in the .4mg range I should be able to taper much easier & hopefully faster.

thanks a million times.
    Ming23 likes this.

It's been 21hrs since my 2nd dose which was probably closer to .33mg then had to scrape another .1mg 30 minutes later. So from 8mg to .45mg. I'm shocked how little is needed.

TBH @Ming23 I got high for the first time on my prescribed meds from the induction dose of 8mg. (I'm a pain patient not addict.) I see why people get addicted. Wonder if the Dr. knows he is so far off & wants to keep people on a long.... months long or forever maintenance for his pocket book? Is he trying to hook people on the new drug?

The difference between slapping a full 8mg on your tongue & taking .10 slivers is like shooting a bullet & throwing one.

So thankful for you all. You have saved me from at worse a bad doctor & months of a new addiction, at best an uninformed doctor & a tough taper.

If I can get stable in the .4mg range I should be able to taper much easier & hopefully faster.

thanks a million times.
    Hey Idj!
    Excellent! You see how Strong these little subs are!
    Part of the reason doctors continually prescribe these ridiculously high doses of sub is--get this--all they need to be certified as a sub doctor is to take one 8-hour online course. Voila! They're certified!
    The other reason might just be money. If each sub doctor is allowed 100 patients, and a visit to the sub doctor is $150 where i live, i calculate an increase of $15,000 per month for that physician. Not too shabby.
    So, Less is More with subs. You will have a MUCH easier time with your taper for having to listened to Randy at the outset. Wish i had!!
    You're doing great!
    IdJ likes this.

IdJ

Question weird sub detox questions

QUESTIONS

Day 3- I took my day 2 dose of .4mg expecting to need more at some point. I waited 36hrs before taking my Day 3 dose of .125mg. I took it even though I wasn't feeling hardly any discomfort, just a heavy thumping heart when trying to sleep. I slept well & have awakened to feeling good.

I expected a much different experience with much higher amounts needed?

to recap-
    Day 1- 8mg
    Day 2- .4mg (that's less than half a mg not 4mg but .4)
    Day 3.5- .125mg

In the taper I see it suggests tapering from .25 or .125 if needed or skipping days. I know I'm not officially stabilized but I'm wondering if I should just jump to skipping days. I went 36hrs before literally taking dust.

Anyone have an idea whats going on with me?
    This seems too easy which scares me a bit.
    thanks
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-10-2016 at 10:22 AM. Reason: gratuitous use of commas

QUESTIONS

Day 3- I took my day 2 dose of .4mg expecting to need more at some point. I waited 36hrs before taking my Day 3 dose of .125mg. I took it even though I wasn't feeling hardly any discomfort, just a heavy thumping heart when trying to sleep. I slept well & have awakened to feeling good.

I expected a much different experience with much higher amounts needed?

to recap-
    Day 1- 8mg
    Day 2- .4mg (that's less than half a mg not 4mg but .4)
    Day 3.5- .125mg

In the taper I see it suggests tapering from .25 or .125 if needed or skipping days. I know I'm not officially stabilized but I'm wondering if I should just jump to skipping days. I went 36hrs before literally taking dust.

Anyone have an idea whats going on with me?
    This seems too easy which scares me a bit.
    thanks
    Idj
    If i were you, i would direct that question to Randy for best advice...
    IdJ likes this.