Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
Day 2 and a half on Suboxtone (Zubsolv 5.7 - 1.4 taken twice PER DAY)for
    bunnystories is offline Junior Member

Default Day 2 and a half on Suboxtone (Zubsolv 5.7 - 1.4 taken twice PER DAY)for

Hello - recently relapsed abuser of 10mg hydrocodone here. I'll try and make my history brief - from 2006 through 2010 I was addicted to 10 mg hydro (as stated above) and was clean from October 2010 through June 2015. I am very familiar with acute withdrawal symptoms, and as soon as I started experiencing them again after this (and last) year's relapse

- I'm trying to write this on phone so as not to use work computer - accidentally posted - will update later. Long story short I think I was given wayyyyyyyy too much Suboxtone and started taking them Monday night - I would like advice on how to begin to taper Suboxtone as I have read here 4mg for severe withdrawal is typically all that is needed PER DAY - and my doc put me on nearly 6mg's twice per day. Sorry I can't write more right now but I accidentally posted this before I was finished and cannot complete the story right now.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-16-2016 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Accidentally posted too soon :-/

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Bunny,

You found the right place. You are correct. I don't care how much hydro you were taking, there is absolutely no way you need 12 mg of sub a day. I'll watch for you later for the full history. Be sure to include how long you've been taking the subs.

For now--

Peace,

Cat

Hi Cat -

Thank you for the quick reply, honestly, just getting on here, reading these forums and seeing how much support is given by members makes me want to cry (ok, if I am being REALLY honest I did tear up a bit :-P) so first and foremost I want to say THANK you.

I will start from the begining. I was probably taking 100-200 MG per day of Vicodin or Percs, whatever I could get my hands on. My abusing the doses to that level had really just started to escalate since December 2015...prior to that I was taking 30-45 10 MG percs per month (since June 2015) given to me by a "friend" (no longer friends with her, had to burn the bridge so she would stop handing them out) - that's right, I wasn't even paying for them...this time around my addiction WASN'T a strain on my pocketbook...BUT I was smarter than the pills and instead of waiting till it got to 5 years again I decided to stop cold turkey. Well, everyone here knows how that goes...I was in Denver over Thanksgiving and purposely didn't take any pills with me. What a MISERABLE holiday that was. Everyone thought I had "altitude sickness" but I knew what was really going on. I even went to one of the recreational dispensaries and got some edible THC for an evening, thinking if I could just sleep and eat I would feel markedly better...anyway, as soon as I got back (5 days off percs, I was so DUMB, I was almost out of the water w/d wise...) I started abusing again. Instantly felt better. Then in December - after memories of how horrible the withdrawals were over Thanksgiving in Denver...I just couldn't stop. My addiction became an increasing problem until I was taking upwards of 20 10MG percs or Vicodin a day, some days even 30...god what my liver must be feeling right now :-\

Anyway, I started seeing a psych and a therapist in February/March...the psych told me to go to a sub clinic...she said not to do this alone. So I found one, and this past Sunday at 5 AM I took my last 60 MG of Vicodin and waited for the withdrawals to set in. Sure enough, by Sunday evening I was feeling it. Monday morning found my legs unable to stop moving...runny nose...trips to the bathroom started...chills...shaking. I was in full-on withdrawal. Oddly enough, the sub clinic didn't do the COWS test on me, but I know I would have scored at LEAST a 26...Monday at 4 PM was the appointment with the sub doc and he prescribed me the 5.7 - 1.4 Zubsolv 2X per day. Told me I should start to feel better right away. Well, I popped one whole pill under the tongue first thing right there at the pharmacy counter Monday night at 6:15 pm. Ended up getting SOME sleep, but I woke up and took a half pill again Monday night around 11 pm (only 5 or 6 short hours after the first whole pill :-\) then the other half Tuesday morning around 5 AM. I want to say around lunch Tuesday in went another half, then again a whole pill around 5 PM last night (Tuesday.) I was under the impression the MORE I took the better I would feel. WOW, NOT the case...So far today I KNOW I have Taken 1.5 pills...and I just counted, since Monday night at 6:15 PM I have taken 6.5 pills total...And I KNOW today has only been 1.5 pills...so that means somewhere between Monday night and Tuesday evening I am forgetting about another whole pill (most definitly halved.) Again, I am not trying to abuse subs here, I was under the impression that MORE was better in the begining.

So, all in all, in the last 48 hours I have taken 6.5 total pills of the 5.7 - 1.4 Zubsolv. I do NOT want to take any more tonight as they are making me sick...which lead me here. I would ideally like to get off the subs ASAP...and not feel too badly from w/d as I am moving into a new house this weekend (going through a very amicable divorce, soon-to-be ex husband is very supportive, but does not know of the subs.)

Sorry for being long winded...I tend to be verbose in most things. Any help tapering down from these subs would be so much appreciated.

All my best & love

Baylie
    Ming23 likes this.

Hi Baylie,

Holy cra* that's alot of sub over the course of a couple of days. No wonder you don't feel well. I would suggest that you attempt to not take anymore today or tomorrow. You learned the hard way that these aren't ordinary opiates and it doesn't ring true, the more the better. Quite the opposite. Almost everyone reports feeling best once they are at 1-2mg/day. The half life of these little buggers is long and you have a good amount in your system right now. You may have some anxiety just waiting...it takes practice to not reach for something because it's been a few hours. I know the feeling. Once you let a couple days go by, I think that might be a good time to get you on a much lower dose, stabilize and in 4 or 5 days begin to taper.

Stay close here and post often. Others will be along and will check what I've said and we'll see if they concur. Subs can be of tremendous help. It's too bad that a bunch of addicts know more about them than the doctors do.

Peace,

Cat
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-16-2016 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    Hi Baylie,

Holy cra* that's alot of sub over the course of a couple of days. No wonder you don't feel well. I would suggest that you attempt to not take anymore today or tomorrow. You learned the hard way that these aren't ordinary opiates and it doesn't ring true, the more the better. Quite the opposite. Almost everyone reports feeling best once they are at 1-2mg/day. The half life of these little buggers is long and you have a good amount in your system right now. You may have some anxiety just waiting...it takes practice to not reach for something because it's been a few hours. I know the feeling. Once you let a couple days go by, I think that might be a good time to get you on a much lower dose, stabilize and in 4 or 5 days begin to taper.

Stay close here and post often. Others will be along and will check what I've said and we'll see if they concur. Subs can be of tremendous help. It's too bad that a bunch of addicts know more about them than the doctors do.

Peace,

Cat
    Thank you so much - I will not take any more today or tomorrow. I will post in the AM (probably not until after 8:30 am central - but I will be awake much earlier, so if I am feeling awful in any way I'll update...) but this morning after some deep meditative breathing for a couple of hours (I only slept from 10pm - 12:30 am last night, so I had a long time to lay in bed and figure out ways to help w/the anxiety without taking anything) I felt much better. That is until I took the whole sub. That's when my day started to go to hell and took 2 more quarters since - a total of 1.5 - and felt increasingly worse each time.

Thanks again for your support and knowledge. I appreciate it so very much :-)

blackwilliam is offline Junior Member

Baylie

I'm new to this site and recovering from subs myself and i notice that Cat is respectful, knowledgeable, supportive and seems to have good information for people regardless of their situation. She is right you should get stable and start a proper taper as soon as possible. The subs did work for me when i started because i was going to loose my family and she actually did leave with the kids for a brief amount of time so i decided to get on subs to get out of the lifestyle i was living. The problem was i let it go on too long and was on them for roughly 2 1/2 years which made them way harder to come off of than anything I've ever had to come off of before. I believe they can help you if used properly. There are plenty of people on here that will help you along the way. GOOD LUCK.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwilliam View Post
    Baylie

I'm new to this site and recovering from subs myself and i notice that Cat is respectful, knowledgeable, supportive and seems to have good information for people regardless of their situation. She is right you should get stable and start a proper taper as soon as possible. The subs did work for me when i started because i was going to loose my family and she actually did leave with the kids for a brief amount of time so i decided to get on subs to get out of the lifestyle i was living. The problem was i let it go on too long and was on them for roughly 2 1/2 years which made them way harder to come off of than anything I've ever had to come off of before. I believe they can help you if used properly. There are plenty of people on here that will help you along the way. GOOD LUCK.

Thank yo for sharing your story and words of support. Yes, I've read many other threads here where the story is the same...on subs too long, and people say they are so much harder to come off than the short acting opioids...which blows my mind that doc put me on such a high dose after a short term abuse...I'm not sure if 9/10 months is considered short term...but it certainly is compared to my last 5 year stint. I will say this, I am so excited to finally be free from the grip of these awful drugs and I can honestly say after this experience I will be stronger in not wanting to fall back on this path. I'm glad to hear you got off them, especially since it was difficult :-/ it took me nearly 4 months of continuous over-abuse to decide to get off the >>>> for good, and I thought I could do it cold turkey, but there are always excuses...work, holidays, visits from family/friends you can be sick for. That is why I decided to go this route but it sounds like if I stuck to what my doc put me on I would be in for a much longer road...

Woke up feeling MUCH better than yesterday, thank goodness. My hands are still pretty shaky but my head finally feels clear and I have a bit of an appetite. I noticed how badly I felt after taking any amount of subs, and so glad I found my way here before taking too much more. In about 3 hours I believe that will be 24 hours since my last dose of 1/4 a pill, or approximately 1.5 mgs or so. I am wondering if I could get away with taking them every other day? Or should I wait until I stabilize on an amount daily before I try to mess with anything else?

Lastchance186 is offline Member

Hello Bunny

It's so funny, I just finish reading your story when I notice you posted on my page. I absolutely understand how you feel. Yes I would love to chat sometimes. As I found when you have someone that understands how you feel it makes it a lot easier to get through this...

I find our families really want to help but unless you are in this situation you have no ideal what a mess it really is. I am on day 3 of cold turkey today, and I feel much better but my mental is really bad lots of crying and feeling sad, trying to understand how i got myself in this situation.

The longest I have been clean is 6 months at that time I knew nothing about pill sick or withdrawals I just chalked it up to depression and just not feeling well. I would like to say if I had known then that I had a addiction I would have never looked back. But who knows I probably would have.. Would have, should have,

That point has come and gone I am here today, I have to recognize my triggers, I have a problem, I have a addiction.

Bunny are stories are so different but the same, we can support one another and be each other listening ear if you like this form is wonderful place to start your recovery.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Baylie
    Am i reading this right? In 48 hours you took six 5mg pills?
    Way too much!
    Have u had a chance to read the Sub Therapy sheet at top of Sub Forum?
    You need first to get stable at the Lowest Possible Dose!
    If each pill is 5 mg, break in half. Take one half when u awaken and the second half 8-10 hours later but not right before bed.
    Do that for four days and if stable with little to no wd symptoms, itusafe to reduce by 25%. Repeat.
    Post how you're doing. We're here to help snd have walked this path too.
    Hang in there and drink a lot of water now...
    You can do this!

Quote Originally Posted by bunnystories View Post
    Woke up feeling MUCH better than yesterday, thank goodness. My hands are still pretty shaky but my head finally feels clear and I have a bit of an appetite. I noticed how badly I felt after taking any amount of subs, and so glad I found my way here before taking too much more. In about 3 hours I believe that will be 24 hours since my last dose of 1/4 a pill, or approximately 1.5 mgs or so. I am wondering if I could get away with taking them every other day? Or should I wait until I stabilize on an amount daily before I try to mess with anything else?
    Baylie
    Stabilize before skipping days. If 1.5 mg holds you, that should be your daily dose. Subs are Very strong. As u now know, Less is More and we don't feel better at higher doses. It's not like other drugs!
    Let us know how it's going....
    Hang in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Lastchance186 View Post
    Hello Bunny

It's so funny, I just finish reading your story when I notice you posted on my page. I absolutely understand how you feel. Yes I would love to chat sometimes. As I found when you have someone that understands how you feel it makes it a lot easier to get through this...

I find our families really want to help but unless you are in this situation you have no ideal what a mess it really is. I am on day 3 of cold turkey today, and I feel much better but my mental is really bad lots of crying and feeling sad, trying to understand how i got myself in this situation.

The longest I have been clean is 6 months at that time I knew nothing about pill sick or withdrawals I just chalked it up to depression and just not feeling well. I would like to say if I had known then that I had a addiction I would have never looked back. But who knows I probably would have.. Would have, should have,

That point has come and gone I am here today, I have to recognize my triggers, I have a problem, I have a addiction.

Bunny are stories are so different but the same, we can support one another and be each other listening ear if you like this form is wonderful place to start your recovery.
    Hey Lastchance!! That's a great name; somehow, we always end up with one "last chance," don't we?!?

Before I forget, I wanted to share this link or at least tell you a bit about this breathing practice I found that does help me IMMENSELY with not only sleep, but general anxiety, when I start to feel really >>>>ty from w/d, when I can't seem to sit still. I'm not sure if I can post a link here, I'm new to the forum yesterday and can't even figure out how to edit my original post for the misspelling and other errors, bah! But I will try...

http://youtu.be/gz4G31LGyog

It's called the 4-7-8 breathing trick...I also find that soothing essential oils such as lavender (sprayed on my pillow at night, put on the back of my neck and my wrists when I feel restless) help with sleep and general restlessness too. Well, we all know honestly NOTHING helps really in the bad moments...but these things help me in the decently tollerable ones.

Yeah the depression really sucks...I still have a hard time believing it's the pills until I get a little clear headed and can see that it really IS pill sick...for the 5 years I was off I hardly used anything to sleep, MAYBE melatonin once in a while...no anti-depression meds, had normal "ups and downs" but not anything above and beyond what other "normies" would experience. The l relapsed and life has been one long roller coaster since. I am so happy I had the strength to cut the relationship off with the "friend" who was giving me pills. That was step # 1. Unfortunately, I worked with her...thank all that is holy she decided to quit and switch jobs...because I mad her so mad at me (again, intentional, but totally justified AND had to be done for my own physical and mental health) that working with her would have become increasingly difficult...not to mention she had a script for 120 10mg percs per month...I would most certainly have relapsed again soon with that >>>> in my face.

And I agree...loved ones want to help but unless you've been down this road...no one really knows the struggle. I sat here and literally stared at my computer for 5 and a half hours Monday (at the time it had been about 30 hours since my last dose of Vicodin, so I was just starting mild to moderate w/d) without doing a THING before I gave up and left to head to sub doc early. The hating yourself, wondering how you got to where you are...but...the "how" doesn't matter. Just knowing that we are always where we are supposed to be helps...in the tolerable times. In the intolerable ones I haven't found anything that really helps. Just knowing it will pass...I'm hoping that is enough to get me off this time.

I tend to write a LOT, and at work today but again not getting anything done...just like when I am on them, when I'm NOT they consume my every thought.

Thanks for your reply, I am pretty sure I subscribed to your thread so I would be notified of new replies...but can't figure out on the phone very well right now. I'll make sure I did tonight once I get home...I won't dare go on here at work, lol.

Yes, Ming...you're reading that right...6.5 5 my pills actually in 48 hours :-/ my doc said 2x a day and if I was feeling worse I could take MORE. So I did...not once did he ever tell me to take less....and I always felt worse. So 2 days of total >>>> I came here and (jaw nearly to the floor) read all the horror stories about too many subs...coming off them causing terrible w/d, worse than the original offender which brought us all to subs.

Thank you for your post, I am trying to skip today and see how I feel tomorrow...just because I had so many in my system from the first 2 days.

I have a script for benzos I will fill by next week if I continue to have trouble sleeping. 3 hours(ish) broken up sporadically each night not cutting it.

Thanks again for your input Ming - the support in this community here is so amazing. I am very happy I found you guys :-)
    Ming23 likes this.

Thanks for the name like Ms. Bunny its really how a feel I am older and don't know how many more DT I have left in me.
    I know it's hard on my body as well as my brain. The constant on and off.

Thanks for the website and advice about the lavender I will defiantly take advantage of it. Anything to help me through this is greatly appreciated.

My best friend also works with me and she uses. she just lost her son to murder and she is addicted as well, I wish she would quit also. I have already told her I will not be able to socialize with her while she is using there is no ill feeling she would love to quit herself she is to scared and still reeling from the loss of her son. I wish she would follow I hate to losing my friend make me very sad. We both know how it will end if not... I have to cut all triggers off.

Wow we do have more in common than we thought well I hope your day is great.

looking forward to chatting again.

Thanks for the name like Ms. Bunny its really how a feel I am older and don't know how many more DT I have left in me.
    I know it's hard on my body as well as my brain. The constant on and off.

Thanks for the website and advice about the lavender I will defiantly take advantage of it. Anything to help me through this is greatly appreciated.

My best friend also works with me and she uses. she just lost her son to murder and she is addicted as well, I wish she would quit also. I have already told her I will not be able to socialize with her while she is using there is no ill feeling she would love to quit herself she is to scared and still reeling from the loss of her son. I wish she would follow I hate to losing my friend make me very sad. We both know how it will end if not... I have to cut all triggers off.

Wow we do have more in common than we thought well I hope your day is great.

looking forward to chatting again.
    Wow...murder, that would be a tough thing to try and cope with in addition to using/abusing...I am sorry to hear that is the case. I am sure support from a best friend would be of great use to you right now. My "friend" I only knew her since last May - she started handing me percs in June - not blaming her as I should have had the willpower to say no, but still. It was easy for me to sever ties because for one she really wasn't a friend plus I didn't know her that long...going through a divorce right now (moving last weekend and this weekend, hence me not wanting to feel the w/d too much) and that feels like a lot of loss. Loss of my old friend the pill and my husband - who has been incredibly supportive and understanding. We will remain great friends but I will still go home to an empty house after work. Hoping that I can stay away from the devil without needing too many (if any) other "distractions."

I hope your day has been good, are you feeling any better? Is today day 4 for you? I've forgotten what day you were on...the first 5 are the worst. Day 3 (for me, cutting straight c/t from something like Vicodin or percs at least) was always the worst...then things would improve markedly from there. Why I could never just do a long weekend like you and head back to work is beyond me. I guess that's addiction though - it's beyond us all.

I am feeling better and better every hour since I've taken the last of the sub, but I suspect I will need to start again tomorrow with a small dose so as to stave off w/d this weekend. Ugh.
    Ming23 likes this.

Hello Ms. Bunny

Was away from my computer,

Yes it was a shocking loss, I am sorry to hear about your divorce, move, and DT that's a lot to deal with at one time but it is doable. You sound like a very strong and determined young lady. Sounds like you know what you want.. I am so glad to hear your husband is supportive of you even though you are going through a divorce, not often you find that... Glad to know you still have support, it's important.

Sounds like you have a plan and that's a start. I am glad you are feeling better. I was always fearful of the Subs I have a addictive nature they would be my new addiction. Everyone is different, no judgement here we learn to deal with the beast the best way we know how.

I am on Day 3 of CT, I felt a little better I did get up and take a shower bath, washed my hair lotion my skin I was out of breath had a anxiety attack. I took a walk around the block, came home and was dead tired. I tried to finish the laundry but was unable to...I guess that was my body saying enough for today... I am waiting for the nausea, I had little diarrhea or
    vomiting I feel like I am waiting for the bottom to fall out. (Sorry for being so gross). I hate that everything smells weird, and I have little to no appetite.... One would think this is enough to keep you away from the beast.

Hello Ms. Bunny

Was away from my computer,

Yes it was a shocking loss, I am sorry to hear about your divorce, move, and DT that's a lot to deal with at one time but it is doable. You sound like a very strong and determined young lady. Sounds like you know what you want.. I am so glad to hear your husband is supportive of you even though you are going through a divorce, not often you find that... Glad to know you still have support, it's important.

Sounds like you have a plan and that's a start. I am glad you are feeling better. I was always fearful of the Subs I have a addictive nature they would be my new addiction. Everyone is different, no judgement here we learn to deal with the beast the best way we know how.

I am on Day 3 of CT, I felt a little better I did get up and take a shower bath, washed my hair lotion my skin I was out of breath had a anxiety attack. I took a walk around the block, came home and was dead tired. I tried to finish the laundry but was unable to...I guess that was my body saying enough for today... I am waiting for the nausea, I had little diarrhea or
    vomiting I feel like I am waiting for the bottom to fall out. (Sorry for being so gross). I hate that everything smells weird, and I have little to no appetite.... One would think this is enough to keep you away from the beast.

Last - You're doing great - getting up and taking a shower was definitly the MOST I've done on a day 3 c/t for sure...always the hardest day for me, and hopefully it will be for you as well...

And yes, I agree...the memories of wd should be enough to keep us away...but I suppose it's the same thing with giving birth, they say the body forgets pain - otherwise we would live our lives scared. Maybe that is why we keep doing it...the annoyance and sheer pain of wd and dt not being enough? hah. Ask me on a day 3, my answer would probably be different.

I am breaking out all the stops to sleep tonight, trazodone (non-mood/mind altering sleep med) lavender on my pillow, neck and wrists...another oil on my feet that is supposed to help sleeping...I won't leave Netflix on tonight as I actually got some last night and I think the reason is because I did not fall asleep to the TV...If you're up later and need to talk feel free to post, if I am awake I am happy for the distraction, lol.

I never even heard of subs until last week...weird. I guess last time I just quit cold turkey and it actually worked...stuck for a good long nearly 5 years...I thought I was stronger than that...that I could just take a few and be done. Whoever said 1 is too many and 1000 isn't enough...what a true statement.

Night night, and again, if you're up, feel free to post...I am going to listen to some meditation tapes and try to have someone with a nice sounding voice talk me to sleep...lol.

Bunny
    You will have a better chance of completing the taper successfully if you are consistent with the subs. Don't want to mess around with them as they're not like other drugs. We need to be on the Lowest Possible Dose in order to avoid having to endure too much pain during the sub detox. We switch to subs to get off other drugs but the sub detox can be hell.
    What i'm saying is, you want to use subs for the Shortest Time.
    What's the Lowest Dose that holds you?
    Have you checked out the Sub Therapy sheet at top of Sub Forum. It's very useful!
    It's important to do this right so that you only have to do it once!
    Here to help...

Quote Originally Posted by Ming23 View Post
    Bunny
    You will have a better chance of completing the taper successfully if you are consistent with the subs. Don't want to mess around with them as they're not like other drugs. We need to be on the Lowest Possible Dose in order to avoid having to endure too much pain during the sub detox. We switch to subs to get off other drugs but the sub detox can be hell.
    Have you checked out the Sub Therapy sheet at top of Sub Forum. It's very useful!
    Here to help...
    Hi Ming - thanks for the advice...what I did is take wayyyyyyy too much the first 48 (you read, you saw) so I did skip yesterday and took about 1mg this morning...I'm sleeping well and don't seem to have any side effects except a little muscle weakness and some very minor muscle spasms (which were happening very frequently and were fairly violent when I was on too much sub) but other than that my head is 95% clear...I might take another .5 mg tonight and see if the 1.5 holds me ok...I guess from so much in my system the first 48 (tonight at 6 pm I will be 96 hours in since my first too strong dose of sub) the taking fewer mgs won't adversely effect me for a few days...or I won't know it for a few days anyway...until the half-life is good and gone. That is how I understand it though :-)

Thank you for your support and advice. Appreciated.

Much love

Bunny
    Here to help...
    And I am going to check out the Sub Therapy sheet when I get home tonight - Thank you!!!

Bunny
    Good plan. Take the .5mg tonite but not too close to bedtime. Less is More with subs.
    Read the Sub plan tonight and you'll be glad you did!
    Hang in there...

Bunny
    Good plan. Take the .5mg tonite but not too close to bedtime. Less is More with subs.
    Read the Sub plan tonight and you'll be glad you did!
    Hang in there...
    Thanks Ming - yes, I found out the hard way less is more, hah. I will take the .5 tonight around 5 pm I think that is plenty early before bed. The first night I stupidly took them later thinking it would HELP me sleep. Hahah. Good one, right?! Heh.

Thanks again for the feedback and support. I will continue posting how I am doing/feeling :-)
    Ming23 likes this.

ghostrc is offline Member

wow just read your thread still can't get over what doctors are giving, your story hits home with mine at the end I was only taking 40 mg oxy or so a day and when I got on subs he wanted to give me 12mg. that was a year ago I'm on day 20 clean off subs any advice I can give you is don't stay on them long term, with the help of these wonderful people on this site helped give me my life back. glad you found this place before the subs got to tight of a hold.
    Ming23 likes this.

somo is offline Advanced Member

Found it!! Twice in the same day!! I must be improving!

Some of the posters here can get pretty negative, so I have taken it upon myself, and for zero pay mind you, to encourage positive posters! You are the first as I have only just begun this journey, but I seriously hope there is so much positive and optimistic views on here that the negative nellies eventually move on.

Just so I am not threadjacking here also...

I have had awesome success with a 3 day taper from enough opiates to kill a draft horse using suboxone. Only took the sub for 3 days, cutting it by 1/3 each day, then off. Seriously some of the best DT's. Sleep returned quickly, no flu feeling, etc... I have also tried a taper and c/t after long term (1+year) sub use at the maximum dose (32 mg daily). No easy way out of that one! Whatever you are doing, if it works for you, don't stop. If you have to start over somewhere, mine is just an idea you might want to try. Just wanted to caution others about long term sub DT's. I was actually taking Bupe long term, not sub. Sorry if that confused anyone, but the agonist is the same in both, just a generic without the naloxotrene. (sp?)

Glad you are doing well and optimistic!!! Keep spreading that love!

Grant

Quote Originally Posted by somo View Post

Some of the posters here can get pretty negative, so I have taken it upon myself, and for zero pay mind you, to encourage positive posters! You are the first as I have only just begun this journey, but I seriously hope there is so much positive and optimistic views on here that the negative nellies eventually move on.

I have had awesome success with a 3 day taper from enough opiates to kill a draft horse using suboxone. Only took the sub for 3 days, cutting it by 1/3 each day, then off. Seriously some of the best DT's. Sleep returned quickly, no flu feeling, etc... I have also tried a taper and c/t after long term (1+year) sub use at the maximum dose (32 mg daily). No easy way out of that one! Whatever you are doing, if it works for you, don't stop. If you have to start over somewhere, mine is just an idea you might want to try. Just wanted to caution others about long term sub DT's. I was actually taking Bupe long term, not sub. Sorry if that confused anyone, but the agonist is the same in both, just a generic without the naloxotrene. (sp?)

Grant
    Hey somo!! I didn't see your post until today, forgive me. I actually think I am going to stop the subs all together...so you know how my first 2 days were, I skipped day 4, took approximately 1-2 mgs on days 5 and 6, but I kept feeling horrible, muscle tightness and what not...something I've never felt before and really annoying...anyway, I skipped today and so far feel so much better...today would have been day 7 on subs...I'm a little worried since I took so much my first 48, BUT I am trying to listen to my body and my body is screaming at me to stop the subs. First day off them again and the muscle weakness has diminished greatly...I have major brain fog but didn't sleep more than 5 hours last night...so I think that's the reason. Tonight I plan to go to bed really early - I'll take 100 mgs of trazodone if I have to - and see how I feel in the am. If I still feel better I think I'm going to not take any tomorrow either. I'll keep you posted on how that does for me! That will be technically a week on subs, minus 2 days skipped...I realize that due to the long half life I may be in for a rude awakening...but I hate how they make me feel...

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Much love

Baylie
    Ming23 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrc View Post
    wow just read your thread still can't get over what doctors are giving, your story hits home with mine at the end I was only taking 40 mg oxy or so a day and when I got on subs he wanted to give me 12mg. that was a year ago I'm on day 20 clean off subs any advice I can give you is don't stay on them long term, with the help of these wonderful people on this site helped give me my life back. glad you found this place before the subs got to tight of a hold.

Hey ghostrc!! Thank you for the post!!! Sorry for the late response, I am still learning these boards...I just wrote this to another member but I wanted to reply to you with the same thing...let me know your opinion...

I actually think I am going to stop the subs all together...so you know how my first 2 days were, I skipped day 4, took approximately 1-2 mgs on days 5 and 6, but I kept feeling horrible...muscle tightness and what not...something I've never felt before and really annoying...anyway, I skipped today and so far feel so much better...today would have been day 7 on subs...I'm a little worried since I took so much my first 48, BUT I am trying to listen to my body and my body is screaming at me to stop the subs. First day off them again and the muscle weakness has diminished greatly...I have major brain fog but didn't sleep more than 5 hours last night...so I think that's the reason. Tonight I plan to go to bed really early - I'll take 100 mgs of trazodone if I have to - and see how I feel in the am. If I still feel better I think I'm going to not take any tomorrow either. I'll keep you posted on how that does for me! That will be technically a week on subs, minus 2 days skipped...I realize that due to the long half life I may be in for a rude awakening...but I hate how they make me feel...

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Much love

Baylie

Quote Originally Posted by somo View Post

Grant
    Ok, I broke out the laptop so I can properly reply. Everyone on here who is so supportive and amazing - you included, somo, just blow my mind. I am humbled by the show of support on here...luckily, I haven't seen too much negativity yet, but I have been more occupied with this and Last's thread, lol. Thankfully both of which have managed to stay positive :-)

And to everyone who donated their time, knowledge, and experience, THANK YOU!!! You guys have seriously been a life saver over this last week. I don't know were I would be without this group. Probably on too much sub and feeling absolutely lousy. Considering I have a life I must keep together, I am so very grateful that is not the case.

Anyway, I said what I said before (about my wanting to stop subs altogether starting today) I just wanted to write this to you quickly...you keep up the optimistic attitude as well!! We are all here to support each other and cheer one another on...and that is exactly what you are doing. I know you know, but it is so much appreciated.

I hope your weekend has been wonderful, Grant.

Much love

Baylie
    Catrina likes this.

Hi Baylie,

I see you posting back and forth with Lastchance and I'm so glad you found a buddy. That really helps. I don't know what planet I've been on, but I've clearly missed all of your updates here until just now.

It isn't a popular decision around here to just jump from subs until you are stable at a very low dose. Having said that, if you're going to try it, now is the time before you get too far into it. You're right in thinking you may not feel the fallout from this move for several days. I say this is your way and go for it! If it gets too uncomfortable, you have your subs and we can get you back on them at a really low dose the RIGHT way and your taper will only take a few weeks.

Please keep posting. I always like to know what works and doesn't work for people. I'll be cheering you on so listen carefully. That high annoying voice? Yeah. That will be me.

Peace,

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    Hi Baylie,

I see you posting back and forth with Lastchance and I'm so glad you found a buddy. That really helps. I don't know what planet I've been on, but I've clearly missed all of your updates here until just now.

It isn't a popular decision around here to just jump from subs until you are stable at a very low dose. Having said that, if you're going to try it, now is the time before you get too far into it. You're right in thinking you may not feel the fallout from this move for several days. I say this is your way and go for it! If it gets too uncomfortable, you have your subs and we can get you back on them at a really low dose the RIGHT way and your taper will only take a few weeks.

Please keep posting. I always like to know what works and doesn't work for people. I'll be cheering you on so listen carefully. That high annoying voice? Yeah. That will be me.

Peace,

Cat

Good morning cat - thanks for checking in on me!!! This weekend was very busy so I haven't posted much; mostly on Last's thread to see how she is doing. So I didn't take a yesterday and I felt so much better...weird muscle tightness gone. Only thing that seemed to hang around was the brain fog. Well it's nearly 5:30 am here and I have to get ready for work and I must say, this morning I quite literally feel 100% back to my old self. Again, I know the effects won't be felt 100 percent until well after it's been 3 days, and I'm hoping it won't be too bad. I have a script for Xanax I can fill if it gets too uncomfortable and I feel like it's something I can't handle...but for now...this may be working. I am hoping that only taking the subs for 5 days will help me here...if I can slightly w/d from the lowest does I took Saturday (I think I took less than 1mg at most - although it's hard to tell because my tabs are 6 mg and they crumble when I try to break them...I literally took the tiniest piece under my tongue at 8 am Saturday morning.)

Anyway, I am stoked about how good I feel...cannot wait to see how tomorrow goes :-P

Thanks again for checking in on me, you, as well as so many others on here, deserve to be recognized for your time and efforts here on the forums. Means a lot to us!!!

I am actually going to call the sub doc today and tell them what I am doing...they probably won't agree, but tough cookies. I don't need to see them and I have plenty of subs to stabilize again if needed and then taper down.

Thanks again, much love!!

Baylie

somo is offline Advanced Member

"Stoked" about how one feels is kinda rare here!!

Keep it up!

My weekend was fine although I had to pull babysitting duties for several hours yesterday for my 2-4 year old grand nieces and nephews!! I don't ever want to see another dinosaur movie or cartoon!! (My niece is having another baby. My nephew and brother in law got to play golf! Did I? No!!! Somebody had to watch their kids for them!!) I'm not bitter or anything tho! Actually, I did enjoy it........ but only a little!!

Hope you conquer the world this week!!

Grant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast