Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
Day 2 Off Sub
    Spacebird89 is offline Junior Member

Default Day 2 Off Sub

Hey guys,

So i thought i would write something here. I have read many of these in the past usually when going through withdrawal as a kind of way to get me through it and pass the time. some say don't focus so much on it but i think it helps. Anyway a little history. I have been on and off opiates for about ten years total with a couple years clean in between. I started using pills then the harder stuff. around christmas i said enough was enough and i told my family what was up got on suboxone in Jan. and have been weening myself down to .5 ever since. I moved to a new state. Never called the sub doc back. Got a new job. and then took my last dose .5 on monday. I am now on my second day with nothing.

It has been a little rough but honestly alot easier that when i kicked some other things in the past. I a little worried tomorrow will be a lot worse but so far i have still gone to work. I am a little tired, have chills non stop, anxiety and depression but it comes and goes, vomited a little last night but ate three meals today. IDK i am feeling ok if this is the way its going to be really am fine and can knuckle through this. so far its minor compared to what it could be like.

Thoughts or just chatting is appreciated.
    UncleLeo, Ming23 and dontwait like this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Spacebird
    Welcome! Congrats on the jump! Often it's not nearly as bad as we imagine. Plus, there is a residual build up of subs in the body. Just one dose of subs can stay in us 6 days, so it will take a while to get the rest out.
    Drink a lot of water to help flush out the chemicals. Eat light. Get some Imodium.
    Be sure to drink that water because subs really dehydrate a body. Dehydration can manifest symptoms not unlike panic/anxiety. Drink some water if you ever feel that way.
    Aches and pains respond well to over the counter meds now. I take aspirin. I also take a daily B Complex.
    Give yourself time to readjust. There may be some discomfort towards the end of the week, around day 5. But that is not written in stone. The brain/body will resume producing endorphines in time. A bit of exercise always helps.
    Hang in there! You're doing a good thing. Just keep going now! Here to help...

Thanks Ming! i think tapering down has a lot to do with it this is the first I've ever tried it. Thanks for the tips i will definitely try all this.
    Ming23 likes this.

So today is the day I was worried about ! But all is well! I made it to work and I'm feeling ok. Not good but not terrible.

To everyone who is thinking of getting off I will say for me it has been very mild and tolerable. I did taper down to .5 before I ran out.

UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

Great job! Just keep on doin what you're doing. That's great you made it to work. You got this.

Misty234 is offline Member

Hi good for you on the jump I'm on Day 8 of a taper I also jumped from .5mg . I have some issues but I've worked through the entire taper...You can do it!!!!

So today wasn't bad at all really. Had to run to the bathroom a few times but no big deal. I went to work then drove 6 hours to pick up my son for the weekend. It's funny I just finished the drive and I feel completely content. Again if anyone is reading this taper down and just do it. It's doable! I blasted some of my fav
    Music in the car. It's funny how at first it seems like drugs enhance the music but after while they seem to just dull all your senses. The music with a set of sober ears was amazing! And there is something to be said about music creating / producing endorphins. I believe it does anyway.
    dontwait, UncleLeo and Ming23 like this.

And the music does sound better! Lol

grateful dead all day !!
    Ming23 likes this.

Got Pandora set on the Dead station!

It been one full week off this stuff!!! i am feeling way better but i still am getting chills and the occasional hot flash. My sleep is not fully back yet but i do get at least 5 hours a night so its not so bad. At this time i have this massive headache i have not gotten yet until this afternoon. I really want it to stop its getting old. It does not feel like a normal head ache almost feels like my brain is sick or something. i feel like its screaming for opiates or something. It knows this is the end of the road......
    Ming23 and UncleLeo like this.

15 days and chugging along. Started doing yoga which has been pretty nice. I am feeling much better but I am still getting the sweats pretty much all day. And the pins and needles feeling all over still all day, goosebumps or whatever. I'm feeling way bette though and again I'll say for anyone reading it so doable. I am excited to see how I am in just a couple more weeks. Then months! It's going to be a great summer !
    Ming23 and DubDorset like this.

Spacebird
    Congrats! Yes, there are symptoms afterwards. I had the sneezes, headaches, gut issues etc. I agree that the brain/body is reacting. Drink plenty of water now to flush residual toxins out.
    The duration of symptoms varies from person to person it seems. Eat light, continue yoga etc.
    The subs are unlike short-acting opiates and for me, at least, it's taken a while to feel "normal."
    But in time, I promise, it gets much better.
    It's an opportunity to practice patience, eh?
    Proud of you! Hang in there!

onelasttime is offline New Member

great to hear!!! every day is def easier. I didnt get PAWS but i jumped at .0625 after a long titration. vitamins and music and prayer helped me go with NO wds, my only symptoms were at some of the tapers from 1mg and down but werent even RLS just uneasyness...Subs is all about the taper. keep chugging, and the 4 times ive had an urge my brain slaps that voice in my head and reminds me of when i was reading this forum dreading what month s of terror laid ahead most of it is mental and staying busy!

Thanks guys ! You rock. Yea its been weird i'm like fine but then ill sweat and get chills for a bit. Then i'm completely fine. The past two days have been the best. Almost no symptoms at all. I tapered to .5 and jumped. honestly did not seem to bad. i am sleeping fine again. I am still waking up early but i sleep all night i dont wake up over and over.

Anyway Thanks!! This has been so good. I am really happy again. I am so looking forward to this weekend. Im getting on a bus to colorado to pick up my harley and drive it back to UT. so im pretty stoked. life is good.
    Ming23 likes this.

3 weeks! So cool !
    Ming23 likes this.

Proud of you!!

Thanks Ming !!! You rock. Today seems to be kicking my butt I'm getting chills and fatigue which is so weird I thought I was over this stuff. It's not bad but it's there. Hopefully another week or two and I'll be 100%
    Ming23 likes this.

I'm on day 28 off subs and I'm still having some issues. I'm sleeping real well my energy is still a little low but every day get just a little bit better. Your body is healing I know you want this to be over with but your body needs time. You'll feel better soon...Take Care Lisa
    Ming23 likes this.

Nice misty GREAT job!! it looks like i am a few days behind you! it is really nice to be free of the bull>>>>! Things have been going to so well since i moved and quit this stuff. any lasting withdrawal effects are totally worth it. i too have an energy issue around 1pm at work i noticed but it usually comes back after a little bit. Keep it up!!
    Ming23 likes this.

Hi Spacebird...love the user name by the way. I got about 5 and half hours sleep which is really good for me. My energy level today has been the best it's ever been the whole entire 32 days I've been off of the subs and I'm praying that just gets better and better. I'm still having some GI issue I won't get into detail with that...LOL but it's better than it's been. I haven't been eating right but today I really did try to eat some more fruits and veggies and I'm having grilled chicken and a small salad for dinner. I'm taking a multi-vitamin and sublingual B-12 which have helped with my energy level. I hope you are feeling better....Take Care...Lisa

thanks! I am a big Disco Biscuits fan. Red rocks this sat!! they gotta play that spacebird!! anyway over 30 days here!! things have been good. I have really been getting my >>>> together. Jobs been going well. I finally got a reliable car. Hard work has been paying off both with my recovery and just trying to keep doing things positive and my job and my relationships. Can't really complain still feel down every now and again and i have these tension headaches that last a few days at a time. I am starting to think those may be a dental issue though. IDK trying to give it at least 90 days before i evaluate my health. I have gained some weight and that is a welcome feeling and sight hahaha. I hope to gain a bit more i have been eating like a mad man and have no plans to stop!! thanks for the support guys!! it does help to be able to check in here every now and again.

i have heard about taking the vitamins and such before lisa and that is great if it is helping you!! hopefully things just keep going up and up for you! and as far as i am concerned eat the heck out of some chicken and salad!!
    yorkiseasy likes this.

Still chugging along. Still getting these weird painful head aches and the occasional chill / goosebumps feelings. But over all feeling way better. I'm wondering if I should go see a doc about the head aches or give it another month before I reevaluate my condition. I've read to give it at least three months. Idk. What are your thoughts ??

Spacebird,

I had some headaches also but after about a week of having them off and on they just went away. If they are really bad then yes please see a doctor. Mine went away with some tylenol but I had to take it a couple times a day but they did ease up and go away. How long have you had them?

On and off the last two months sometimes so bad I just go lay down. It's so lame.

Spacebird
    I had headaches for a while. It passes. I also had the sneezes. 8 in a row. Lasted a while.
    Drink plenty of water now to flush out the chems.
    Proud of you!!
    Spacebird89 likes this.

What up again everyone! so i have been feeling better with the headaches... i still get the occasional chill or whatever and my head will feel funny from time to time.. i am looking forward to hitting the 3 month mark of no opiates. The big news here though is i am on day 5 of quitting cannabis. Its a total bummer but it was the next step to a better life. i have been feeling really good about quitting but man after work is the worst i just want to smoke a bowl. but its already getting easier.
    Misty234, Ming23, UncleLeo and 1 others like this.

Hi Spacebird,,
    Nice to hear from you congrats on day 5 no cannabis your doing great. I'm on day 76 no subs and sooo looking forward to the 90 day mark. Still having some sleep issues and some energy issues but doing well otherwise. How are you doing with the subs any lingering withdrawl symptoms?...Take Care...Lisa
    UncleLeo likes this.

UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

So how'd your guys week go? Good progress? Any setbacks? We're gettin closer to day 90!

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Wow
    Congratulations!
    You are
    Rockin
    It
    Clean
    Completely
    In
    Bette
    UncleLeo and Spacebird89 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast