Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
Day 3 Suboxone
    Sub-stitute is offline Junior Member

Default Day 3 Suboxone

I’m on day 3. Feeling bad I started with 2 mg strips didn’t feel that was
    Enough to make me feel normal. Since I got 10 for the week I decided to have an extra piece. Feeling better with that.
    Reading this forum for months before I decided to get off the pills and give Suboxone a try. Scared of the horror stories
    Of being on them for years.
    Will I feel better after the pills are gone from my system? Few more days?
    Then I can taper the sub? Going to use Roberts taper plan. Just want to get over the day 3-5 withdrawals from pills
    Hoping I start feeling better and can taper off faster than slower
    Newbie here. Day 3. Feeling ok just getting going in the am. The showering.
    Is the worse so far. Mustering up energy is hard.
    UncleLeo likes this.

David256 is offline Member

Welcome Sub! Just wanted to drop by and thanks for dropping by my house. I think I’m better understanding your situation. Let us know how you are today!
    -D
    UncleLeo likes this.

Default Thank you David

Quote Originally Posted by David256 View Post
    Welcome Sub! Just wanted to drop by and thanks for dropping by my house. I think I’m better understanding your situation. Let us know how you are today!
    -D
    Today seems ok. Just no desire to get going. Last night was a rough sleep toss and turned a few times. Maybe I should give my background. So here goes.

Started pain management 4 years ago. Started out with Percocet 10mg. 1/2 pill then whole over the first year. Into my 2nd year my dr stopped doing pain management and left me with no script for the month. Ouch. Coworker says here try these till you can get back to a pain management dr. Hello 30mg oxy. Started with 1/4 then 1/2 then so on and so on. When I did get to a new pain management dr it was too late I was hooked on the blues. Problem is now I had both so I was using both. The perks in betweeen the blues dosing.
    2 years later and I’m up to 2-3 blues and 3-4 perks in between every day. Over the last 2 years I’ve quit cold turkey 4 times. Always felt so bad cause I had to go to work I just felt horrible. Ended up going back every time and each time my doses increased landing me at the daily doses mentioned above. Few weeks ago I’ve set my mind I’m done. Going between pain management and blues the drug test worries. Getting blues was just all a merry go round I wanted off of. I found a detox clinic.

Last Thursday was my first visit to detox clinic. I was 24 hours since my last dose of pills before I started the Suboxone. Stupid clinic offered me no dosage info just gave me 10 strips for the week and sent me home. My one week follow up is this Thursday.
    I have 2mg strips. I started with 1/2 of it. About 2 hours later still feeling like >>>> I took the other half. Later that evening 5 pm I still felt terrible so I decided to take another half 1mg. Since I have 10 surely I will make it to my one week ok.
    I felt better. Did my 2nd and 3rd day at 3mg splitting them 1mg at a time waiting 2-3 hours between each dose.

I’m on day 4 today. I woke up and only took the 2mg dose and planning to leave it at that. One dose in the am of 2mg hoping this will carry me through the day versus keep dosing smaller pieces. Last night was kinda rough but I’m hoping it the pills leaving my system. I know from previous attempts to quit that day 3 and 4 are the worst. So cheers to getting over that hump today.
    Tomorrow I have to go back to work where the drugs are infested. That’s where I got them to begin with. It’s sad but my job is a very toxic environment. Also Friday I just kept staring at the drawer my purse sits out of habit when it was dosing time so that’s another downfall. Breaking the habit. Couldn’t focus much at work Friday was day 2. Just stared at my screen a lot. Praying tomorrow will be better there.

So I’m on day 4 of no pills and day 4 of Suboxone. I have 2 mg strips. Take nothing else but hormones from hysterectomy.
    Have gabapentin from pain management so will use that if the RLS starts acting up as it did with my other attempt to quit but so far no symptoms yet.

Where do I go from here. That damn clinic is no help except that they give me the sub. No directions at all.
    I don’t want this to drag on forever I want to be off as quickly as I can but with as little effect as I have to get up everyday at 5 am and the dreaded shower hair makeup is like I have to run a damn marathon. My only problem so far is my energy. Or lack there of.
    No desire to get that shower going. Once I do I’m ok but then I just go from room to room thinking I’m going to do something to stay busy but instead I just find a different place to sit until I feel like getting up which isn’t happening. Lol.

Will all this pass when the pills clear from my system and it’s just the sub? When do I start a taper and where do I go from here?

Any help to keep me from staying trapped on these things for years is greatly welcomed.
    Thank you all in advance. I’m so ready to be done. This was my decision. Not forced into it so my mindset is there.
    I handed over my stash to my mom said I’m done and went to clinic.

David you are a very good inspiration and thank you for replying to my first post!!!
    UncleLeo likes this.

thefigurehead is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stitute View Post
    Today seems ok. Just no desire to get going. Last night was a rough sleep toss and turned a few times. Maybe I should give my background. So here goes.

Started pain management 4 years ago. Started out with Percocet 10mg. 1/2 pill then whole over the first year. Into my 2nd year my dr stopped doing pain management and left me with no script for the month. Ouch. Coworker says here try these till you can get back to a pain management dr. Hello 30mg oxy. Started with 1/4 then 1/2 then so on and so on. When I did get to a new pain management dr it was too late I was hooked on the blues. Problem is now I had both so I was using both. The perks in betweeen the blues dosing.
    2 years later and I’m up to 2-3 blues and 3-4 perks in between every day. Over the last 2 years I’ve quit cold turkey 4 times. Always felt so bad cause I had to go to work I just felt horrible. Ended up going back every time and each time my doses increased landing me at the daily doses mentioned above. Few weeks ago I’ve set my mind I’m done. Going between pain management and blues the drug test worries. Getting blues was just all a merry go round I wanted off of. I found a detox clinic.

Last Thursday was my first visit to detox clinic. I was 24 hours since my last dose of pills before I started the Suboxone. Stupid clinic offered me no dosage info just gave me 10 strips for the week and sent me home. My one week follow up is this Thursday.
    I have 2mg strips. I started with 1/2 of it. About 2 hours later still feeling like >>>> I took the other half. Later that evening 5 pm I still felt terrible so I decided to take another half 1mg. Since I have 10 surely I will make it to my one week ok.
    I felt better. Did my 2nd and 3rd day at 3mg splitting them 1mg at a time waiting 2-3 hours between each dose.

I’m on day 4 today. I woke up and only took the 2mg dose and planning to leave it at that. One dose in the am of 2mg hoping this will carry me through the day versus keep dosing smaller pieces. Last night was kinda rough but I’m hoping it the pills leaving my system. I know from previous attempts to quit that day 3 and 4 are the worst. So cheers to getting over that hump today.
    Tomorrow I have to go back to work where the drugs are infested. That’s where I got them to begin with. It’s sad but my job is a very toxic environment. Also Friday I just kept staring at the drawer my purse sits out of habit when it was dosing time so that’s another downfall. Breaking the habit. Couldn’t focus much at work Friday was day 2. Just stared at my screen a lot. Praying tomorrow will be better there.

So I’m on day 4 of no pills and day 4 of Suboxone. I have 2 mg strips. Take nothing else but hormones from hysterectomy.
    Have gabapentin from pain management so will use that if the RLS starts acting up as it did with my other attempt to quit but so far no symptoms yet.

Where do I go from here. That damn clinic is no help except that they give me the sub. No directions at all.
    I don’t want this to drag on forever I want to be off as quickly as I can but with as little effect as I have to get up everyday at 5 am and the dreaded shower hair makeup is like I have to run a damn marathon. My only problem so far is my energy. Or lack there of.
    No desire to get that shower going. Once I do I’m ok but then I just go from room to room thinking I’m going to do something to stay busy but instead I just find a different place to sit until I feel like getting up which isn’t happening. Lol.

Will all this pass when the pills clear from my system and it’s just the sub? When do I start a taper and where do I go from here?

Any help to keep me from staying trapped on these things for years is greatly welcomed.
    Thank you all in advance. I’m so ready to be done. This was my decision. Not forced into it so my mindset is there.
    I handed over my stash to my mom said I’m done and went to clinic.

David you are a very good inspiration and thank you for replying to my first post!!!
    Hi Sub! My name is Tim (thefigurehead) and wanted to say Hi and that I read your whole backstory, and wow! you have been through a lot...

So, a couple of questions:

Did the detox clinic say to just stop the sub when you are out?
    Is the sub holding you over, (other than energy and mental symptoms)?
    Are you out of your Percs and blues? Did you flush them?

I was on sub long term (11 months) and recently quit after a long taper. Is there any way to get more sub from the clinic to do a proper taper? There is a sticky at the top of the Suboxone Treatment page that has all the info.

If you can't get more subs, you will have to just do the short term course with what you have... them maybe the Thomas Recipe to help with any lingering symptoms.

No matter what, you will find caring and informative support on here on DDC.

Quote Originally Posted by thefigurehead View Post
    Hi Sub! My name is Tim (thefigurehead) and wanted to say Hi and that I read your whole backstory, and wow! you have been through a lot...

So, a couple of questions:

Did the detox clinic say to just stop the sub when you are out?
    Is the sub holding you over, (other than energy and mental symptoms)?
    Are you out of your Percs and blues? Did you flush them?

I was on sub long term (11 months) and recently quit after a long taper. Is there any way to get more sub from the clinic to do a proper taper? There is a sticky at the top of the Suboxone Treatment page that has all the info.

If you can't get more subs, you will have to just do the short term course with what you have... them maybe the Thomas Recipe to help with any lingering symptoms.

No matter what, you will find caring and informative support on here on DDC.
    Thank you Tim and HELLO
    No. It was my first appointment so only one week worth. I go back Thursday to assess my dosage and how I feel then I get my one month script. Yes no withdrawals except low energy but I’m sure pills are just now clearing out. I’m on day 4 switch. My mom took the rest of my pills. 7 blues and half a script of perks. About 30 of them. She won’t give them back to me. But. I don’t want them either!!

I will get my month supply Thursday my appt but just now coming off pills how long should I stay on the initial dose of 2mg before I start tapering? Do I need to give myself time to get fully off the pills at 2mg before I start dropping?
    Bit confused where and how to go from here…
    thefigurehead likes this.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello Sub welcome to the forum. Have you read Robert's sub taper plan. You have to really want this for yourself. Flush all the pills you have. Many here used Robert's plan successfully. Read it let us know what your plan is moving forward. Keep posting we are all here to support you.
    ***Stay Strong for Today***

UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

Ahhh the dreaded shower conundrum....know it well.

Welcome...don't worry about the clinic people - everyone here knows way more.

If you can, just try to stabilize first at 2mg. Could take you a week or so. Just focus on that part right now. Let your head clear up a bit before you make any other moves or grand plans.

You will know in your mind and body when you're ready to begin a slow taper. Keep posting - it will get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvg nghtmare View Post
    Hello Sub welcome to the forum. Have you read Robert's sub taper plan. You have to really want this for yourself. Flush all the pills you have. Many here used Robert's plan successfully. Read it let us know what your plan is moving forward. Keep posting we are all here to support you.
    ThNk you!!!! Think I’m going to stay at the 2mg for the week and see how I feel before thinking about a taper. I have read and printed his plan. Planning to follow just as soon as I stabilize this initial dose/usage
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleLeo View Post
    Ahhh the dreaded shower conundrum....know it well.

Welcome...don't worry about the clinic people - everyone here knows way more.

If you can, just try to stabilize first at 2mg. Could take you a week or so. Just focus on that part right now. Let your head clear up a bit before you make any other moves or grand plans.

You will know in your mind and body when you're ready to begin a slow taper. Keep posting - it will get better.
    Thank you so much for the direction. That is what I will do.
    With waist length hair you have no idea how bad I dread those showers lol
    Will update daily. I love the accountability and the support I see here
    UncleLeo and Lvg nghtmare like this.

Side note. I wasn’t drinking water the last 3 days. I had a high energy vitamin and 2 bottles of water about 2 hours ago.
    Man what a difference. Mental note. Don’t forget the daily vitamins and lots of water!!!!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Yup stay hydrated and get up get moving will help Physically and Mentally...
    thefigurehead and Sub-stitute like this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey sub. Welcome!! I'd agree with uncleleo definitely wait until you're good and stable before you start to taper down. This isn't a race, and do it right so you only have to do it once. You'll get tons of support from these amazing people here. Stay active, and stay hydrated.

Congratulations and have a great Sunday!!

Beef

Hi Sub, glad my bump got the brigade out to assist!
    I’m fairly adept at clinical psychopharmacology and it jumped out at me that you’re just not stable yet, but you will be soon. Most clinics and even docs are surprisingly limited in complex knowledge.
    Stay on a 2mg dose, and I may be alone, but for now I say split 1mg AM and 1mg PM for first week then get even amounts of buprenorphine in your system and get the full agonists (percs/Oxy) knocked off your receptors. Then work on one daily dose. I guarantee you’ll feel stable in a matter of days.
    Beefaroni7272 and Sub-stitute like this.

Thank you Beef. Seen many of your posts. Looking forward to you all

Quote Originally Posted by David256 View Post
    Hi Sub, glad my bump got the brigade out to assist!
    I’m fairly adept at clinical psychopharmacology and it jumped out at me that you’re just not stable yet, but you will be soon. Most clinics and even docs are surprisingly limited in complex knowledge.
    Stay on a 2mg dose, and I may be alone, but for now I say split 1mg AM and 1mg PM for first week then get even amounts of buprenorphine in your system and get the full agonists (percs/Oxy) knocked off your receptors. Then work on one daily dose. I guarantee you’ll feel stable in a matter of days.

Thank you so much. Just the info I was hoping for here. You all are a blessing. Can’t be thankful enough I found this place

Ok so tomorrow will be day 5 and back to work at that. Blah
    But I will split my 2mg to 2 doses 1mg each. 5 am and 2-3pm.
    I took a dose at 530 my first day and couldn’t get to sleep until 1am so I don’t
    Think it should be too late at night. Will see how it goes.
    Many thanks to all helping

Did you read Robert's sub taper?

I am feeling much better now than this morning.
    Hope I didn’t mess myself up by taking the 2mg as one dose
    This morning when I’ve been doing 1mg splitting until today

Did you read Robert's sub taper?
    I did. I’m just starting Suboxone maybe I should read read it
    I will do that now

Many people who have followed it correctly have been successful.
    Sub-stitute likes this.

thefigurehead is offline Member

Many people who have followed it correctly have been successful.
    I followed it , almost, exactly as it is written. It works. Many folks are in the midst of tapering just as it is laid out. Get stable, then drop 25% of your dose every 4ish days. I often found I was not quite stable at 4 days, so I would take 4-7 days each drop. Being stable before you make a drop is essential.

Here is my taper schedule I followed:

1 MG
    .00 - Jumped off QT

I am not on my 17th day free of all opiates. Things aren't perfect, but it is 100% better than being on sub every day. I still am fighting some anxiety and antsy-ness, but everything else is coming together.

You need to get stable and start the taper process, if you don't want to be on subs long term.

You are in a great position to be successful, just like Lvg, UncleLeo and David and Beef wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by thefigurehead View Post
    I followed it , almost, exactly as it is written. It works. Many folks are in the midst of tapering just as it is laid out. Get stable, then drop 25% of your dose every 4ish days. I often found I was not quite stable at 4 days, so I would take 4-7 days each drop. Being stable before you make a drop is essential.

Here is my taper schedule I followed:

1 MG
    .00 - Jumped off QT

I am not on my 17th day free of all opiates. Things aren't perfect, but it is 100% better than being on sub every day. I still am fighting some anxiety and antsy-ness, but everything else is coming together.

You need to get stable and start the taper process, if you don't want to be on subs long term.

You are in a great position to be successful, just like Lvg, UncleLeo and David and Beef wrote.
    Thank you. I like the looks of this. Doesn’t look too scary of jumps. I’m really looking forward to this

Default CBL Oil

Thoughts on cbd oil to help with withdraws anxiety and sleeplessness?
    Reading on it and seems to be an alternative to benzodiazepines
    Never been on them and don’t want to start!!

Feeling better in the pm than I did early today.
    After all day of water. Vitamin. B complex dose and few drops of cbd oil I’m feeling rather well and I’m 1mg lower dose today than yesterday. I have hope

Default Tomorrow Split Dose

Going to start day 5 with a split 2mg dose to 1mg doses am and pm.
    Keeping up with vitamins water and supplements. Hoping for a good sleep and even better day tomorrow.

Good night to you lovely people. Check in tomorrow.
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Wavision is offline Member

Hey sub, just dropping in to say hi.

I like you and a few others am currently going through the taper. I started at 3mg and now am finishing up day 2 at .313. I have a thread here as well.

I am curious, what does cbd oil do for you??I've never tried it and wandered what it does?

Hope you have a good night.
    Sub-stitute likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavision View Post

I like you and a few others am currently going through the taper. I started at 3mg and now am finishing up day 2 at .313. I have a thread here as well.

I am curious, what does cbd oil do for you??I've never tried it and wandered what it does?

It says will help with pain anxiety and insomnia so since I’ve never been on benzodiazepines and anxiety seems to be in everyone’s thread I thought I would check for alternatives. Just used a few drops for first time today. Can’t say I noticed anything but read it takes a few doses and really starts working without a dramatic notice. Gonna use it a bit and see if it makes a difference I need a knee replacement and have DDD so also hoping for a little pain relief there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavision View Post

Congratulations by the way. I will drop by your thread and say hi. I’ve read the whole thing already. You were one of my inspirations

Wavision is offline Member

One more quick note....you may have felt so bad the first few days because you still had the pills in your system and took the suboxone too soon. Having pills in your system and then taking subs too soon will throw you into precipitated withdrawals...

How long was it from the time you took your last pills to the time you took suboxone??

I would think you should start feeling better and stabilize anytime now...

Also, gabapentin has been working pretty well for thefigurehead (Tim) and I.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-18-2018 at 08:22 PM.

I concur with Wav, I bet you’ll feel better soon. Bup is really strong, and the Naloxone mixed in could be what’s causing some unpleasantness from the antagonist effect as you filter out the full opiate pain pills. In the detoxes I’ve been privy to they usually require you to be in full wd before onboarding Subutex (pure buprenorphine) then send you home days later with suboxone.
    I’m just getting below 1mg (rough ride at .75-.66 in last 3 days) and when I even take .13mg I FEEL IT. And I never remember that when coming off pain meds to sub. I never liked the feeling of sub initially until likely I was fully clean from other opiates which took a few days. Now that I’ve been off of higher sub doses, when I take the necessary amount it only centers me but I don’t get much of any real positive feelings from it anymore. And thank god, it’s more motivation to be rid of sub crud!
    Gabapentin seems to be all the rage. I’d probably recommend it over a benzodiazepine (Xanax, Clonopin, etc) as Tim really has benefited. I have only a couple pills saving for jump but clonopin has been my anxiety savior as needed.
    Totally on board with homeopathics, sleepy time tea, multivitamin, B6, and Hylands Legs have been awesome for me. Great info on those here.
    -David
    Sub-stitute and thefigurehead like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast