Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree875Likes
Day 4 suboxone need help to taper quickly please!!
    Autumnhopes is offline Member

Question Day 4 suboxone need help to taper quickly please!!

Hello all
    I'm loving this forum & the support and stories here! I wish I had found this sooner but hey, moving forward... I've decided to let go of the opioids forever (I've said goodbye to my bad friend & flushed the morphine....Thank you Cat!!) and begin suboxone treatment. I had pills leftover from my last detox. I need to taper on the quicker side. I have 18 2mg tablets left. I've been taking 4 mg for days 1-3 & today started 3.5 for Day 4. (I don't want to return to any docs, I want to do this myself & with my husband who knows & you beautiful ppl) Basically how can I use the subs i have left to help myself gracefully taper off?
    Thank you for all help & advice!

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnhopes View Post
    Hello all
    I'm loving this forum & the support and stories here! I wish I had found this sooner but hey, moving forward... I've decided to let go of the opioids forever (I've said goodbye to my bad friend & flushed the morphine....Thank you Cat!!) and begin suboxone treatment. I had pills leftover from my last detox. I need to taper on the quicker side. I have 18 2mg tablets left. I've been taking 4 mg for days 1-3 & today started 3.5 for Day 4. (I don't want to return to any docs, I want to do this myself & with my husband who knows & you beautiful ppl) Basically how can I use the subs i have left to help myself gracefully taper off?
    Thank you for all help & advice!
    Congratulations on your decision to get off opiates for good! To be honest quick suboxone tapers do not have a good success rate! Subs are much stronger than full agonist opiates, they have to be tapered very slowly in a very controlled and structured manner, if used incorrectly they can cause more harm than good!

Suboxone therapy is a great tool only if used correctly and for the proper amount of time! Subs let you continue living life as normal while keeping withdrawals at bay, it also curbs cravings which otherwise can lead to relapse to your drug of choice. In addition, the time spent on suboxone helps you change your way of thinking, your environment and addictive behaviors. It would be in your best interest to acquire more subs in order to do this sub therapy/taper properly? Have you read Robert's sub therapy/taper plan? Here's a link -
    https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

What are your thoughts and/or concerns? Update when you can? God bless us all!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-27-2017 at 10:20 PM.
    Autumnhopes likes this.

Thank u Ricky for your quick reply! I really appreciate it I'm at a point where I have 18 2 mg sub tablets. I need to use these to detox but I can't get anymore. So I have to make do. My doc made it clear that's all I'm getting. I've been through this before with my doctor & he's done with me. Which is fine. I need to take care of this problem. I created it now I need to deal with it. I took 4 mg for the first 3 days. I took 3.5 today. I have 18.5 tablets left to be exact. So now I need to taper with what I have. What do u think is the best way to do that?

To be exact. I have 18 1/2 tablets of 2 mg tablets. Does that make sense?

Thank u Ricky for your quick reply! I really appreciate it I'm at a point where I have 18 2 mg sub tablets. I need to use these to detox but I can't get anymore. So I have to make do. My doc made it clear that's all I'm getting. I've been through this before with my doctor & he's done with me. Which is fine. I need to take care of this problem. I created it now I need to deal with it. I took 4 mg for the first 3 days. I took 3.5 today. I have 18.5 tablets left to be exact. So now I need to taper with what I have. What do u think is the best way to do that?
    How much morphine were you on and for how long? Were you taking any other opiates?

I've been on & off opioids for 3 years. Morphine was the last one I was using. For the last few months between 45-60 mg a day. I know not that much but I'm very sensitive to meds. & coming off them is so hard that my last c/t with no subs lasted more then 3 weeks with most symptoms including anxiety off the chart. I just can't go through that again!!

I've been on & off opioids for 3 years. Morphine was the last one I was using. For the last few months between 45-60 mg a day. I know not that much but I'm very sensitive to meds. & coming off them is so hard that my last c/t with no subs lasted more then 3 weeks with most symptoms including anxiety off the chart. I just can't go through that again!!
    Well, with the amount of sub you have left (37mg) you are going to have to be pretty aggressive with the taper!

My recommendation is to go right down to 2mg/day starting tomorrow! Split your dose into two equal 1mg doses. You are going to dose twice a day 8-10 hours apart so for example take 1mg at 9am and then your second dose of 1mg at 6pm. Stay at that dose for at least four days, your next reduction after that will all depend on how you're feeling after four days at 2mg/day? We need to get down to the lowest possible amount of sub and at slowest rate possible before you make the final jump off! If you keep your thread updated everyday then myself and other's will help and guide you all the way through the taper? Let me know?
    Lvg nghtmare and Autumnhopes like this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Hi Autumn -

If I may jump in here i have a plan that will not only get you off the sub with the amount you have left, but hopefully do do with very few problems. The only thing you'll need to prepare for is crushing the pills into a fine powder later on as cutting sub "pills" into minute amounts can be quite difficult. Theres a method where you use the back of a spoon to crush the pills, the separate the powder into equal amounts. Theres also pill crushers available at most any pharmacy. More on that method later.

For now you need to get on a stricyt schedule until your final jump. You should have reduced to 3mg from 4mg as that is a 25% reduction. You basically added a step and theres nothing wrong with that, you are just using a little more sub. Don't worry about it as I'm just pointing it out for later purposes. Stick with 25% reductions from this point and you'll be fine.

So you're currently at 3.5mg per day. I would reduce to 3mg tomorrow.
    Remain on 3mg for 2 more days then reduce down to 2.25mg per day.
    Stay on that dose for 3 days and reduce to 1.75mg per day.
    Remain there 3 days then drop to 1.5mg per day.
    After 3 days on that dose reduce to 1.125mg per day.
    Another 3 days and drop to 1mg per day.
    Again it's 3 days then reduce to .75mg per day.
    After 3 days reduce to .5mg per day.
    Spend 3 days there and reduce to .375mg per day.
    Remain there 3 days then drop to .25mg per day

Following this schedule will take 34.5mg of sub if my facts are correct. You'll have a little bit left for a "rescue" dose if the need arises. Or you could taper lower, even skip a couple days at the end? I realize the dose reductions will all be 3 days apart. But all of the reductions are 25%. It's a bit aggressive, but not horrible by any means. You may feel some discomfort, but it shouldn't be anything you can't deal with.

With the amount of sub you have left and no more is obtainable this is exactly the way I would do it ,myself if I were in your shoes. Always keep in mind that you're on a very strong drug and some discomfort is to be expected. Who nows, maybe you won't have any trouble at all and that's my wish for you Autumn.

Get in a positive frame of mind and stay there during the entire taper.

Hope this helps. My thoughts on the matter anyway.

Randy
    Autumnhopes and UncleLeo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Hi Autumn -

If I may jump in here i have a plan that will not only get you off the sub with the amount you have left, but hopefully do do with very few problems. The only thing you'll need to prepare for is crushing the pills into a fine powder later on as cutting sub "pills" into minute amounts can be quite difficult. Theres a method where you use the back of a spoon to crush the pills, the separate the powder into equal amounts. Theres also pill crushers available at most any pharmacy. More on that method later.

For now you need to get on a stricyt schedule until your final jump. You should have reduced to 3mg from 4mg as that is a 25% reduction. You basically added a step and theres nothing wrong with that, you are just using a little more sub. Don't worry about it as I'm just pointing it out for later purposes. Stick with 25% reductions from this point and you'll be fine.

Following this schedule will take 34.5mg of sub if my facts are correct. You'll have a little bit left for a "rescue" dose if the need arises. Or you could taper lower, even skip a couple days at the end? I realize the dose reductions will all be 3 days apart. But all of the reductions are 25%. It's a bit aggressive, but not horrible by any means. You may feel some discomfort, but it shouldn't be anything you can't deal with.

With the amount of sub you have left and no more is obtainable this is exactly the way I would do it ,myself if I were in your shoes. Always keep in mind that you're on a very strong drug and some discomfort is to be expected. Who nows, maybe you won't have any trouble at all and that's my wish for you Autumn.

Randy
    Thanks Randy! Autumn, definitely listen to Randy on this as he has alot more experience and knowledge with/about subs than I do. I was being pretty aggressive with the initial drop to 2mg because I was taking into consideration that you would wait four days in between reductions.

Randy has figured out the math for you in respect to the amount of sub you have left and how long to wait in between reductions, this should put you in the best possible scenario for the taper?

Keep us updated on how everything goes throughout your taper? Best of luck to you... God bless us all!

PS
    I'm not sure if Randy wants you to dose once or twice a day at this point for your situation, hopefully he'll update on that soon? But either way, make sure you take your dose/doses at the same time everyday!
    Autumnhopes, Leah987 and shipper like this.

Hi Autumn -

Randy

Thank you Randy & Ricky. I appreciate your replies & detailed info. This helps me a lot. I determined to have this work this time & I see now why meetings work so well. You feel accountable for what you do. But back to your very helpful replies, I took 1.5 mg at 9:00 am & I'll take another 1.5 at 9:00 pm. I've been dividing up doses & taking them 9 am/9 pm. I'm determined this is going to work. I feel pretty good actually. A little shaky sometimes but otherwise ok. Day by day I'm going to make my way back to the Autumn I used to be. Thank you all for sharing your stories & helpful advice! You don't know how much this is helping me find my way back!

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Thank you Randy & Ricky. I appreciate your replies & detailed info. This helps me a lot. I determined to have this work this time & I see now why meetings work so well. You feel accountable for what you do. But back to your very helpful replies, I took 1.5 mg at 9:00 am & I'll take another 1.5 at 9:00 pm. I've been dividing up doses & taking them 9 am/9 pm. I'm determined this is going to work. I feel pretty good actually. A little shaky sometimes but otherwise ok. Day by day I'm going to make my way back to the Autumn I used to be. Thank you all for sharing your stories & helpful advice! You don't know how much this is helping me find my way back!

Autumn -

Sounds good! The only thing I might caution you on is taking the 2nd dose of sub too close to bedtime. It can keep SOME people awake if taken too late in the day/evening. We usually suggest taking the sub (if taking 2 doses) to take it 8-10 hours apart. If you take the first dose at 9am the 2nd dose would be taken around 5pm to 7pm. If you're not having problems sleeping then taking it at 9pm would obviously be fine.

As far as taking 1 or 2 doses goes, sub is really meant to be taken only once per day. The very long half life of this drug will hold you at least 24 hours. It becomes so much of a mental thing where we as addicts feel the need to take multiple doses of our drugs each day. We need to get away from that type of addictive behavior.

With that said it's perfectly ok to take 2 doses a day for now. We usually suggest taking 2 daily doses when you're over 1mg per day. Once you get down to 1mg you'll want to begin taking just 1 daily dose. That will help prepare you for being off the sub for good when the time comes.

Doing great Autumn!

Randy

Autumn -

Sounds good! The only thing I might caution you on is taking the 2nd dose of sub too close to bedtime. It can keep SOME people awake if taken too late in the day/evening. We usually suggest taking the sub (if taking 2 doses) to take it 8-10 hours apart. If you take the first dose at 9am the 2nd dose would be taken around 5pm to 7pm. If you're not having problems sleeping then taking it at 9pm would obviously be fine.

As far as taking 1 or 2 doses goes, sub is really meant to be taken only once per day. The very long half life of this drug will hold you at least 24 hours. It becomes so much of a mental thing where we as addicts feel the need to take multiple doses of our drugs each day. We need to get away from that type of addictive behavior.

With that said it's perfectly ok to take 2 doses a day for now. We usually suggest taking 2 daily doses when you're over 1mg per day. Once you get down to 1mg you'll want to begin taking just 1 daily dose. That will help prepare you for being off the sub for good when the time comes.

Doing great Autumn!

Randy
    Thanks Randy! I will take your suggestions to heart...You are so right too. As an addict (I hate saying but I am) I loved my pills (any pills) & dosing as many times as possible to get the feeling I needed. It's so sad. I need to prepare myself to be off the pills. All pills except what I need for my migraines.. My husband has accused me of loving the pills. I didn't want to see it but now as I'm cleaning up, all things are getting clearer & sadder. How could I have let myself get this far? I was raised right, none of my family have ever taken drugs. But the roots were there. My father & grandfather etc.. all of his line were alcoholics. My father quit & never took a drink again. I was little then, but my grandfather continues to drink to this day even though he's 92. Strong Italian man that won't be told anything. I enjoyed drinking but not to excess. Then I took my first Percocet. It was like a whole new world opened up for me. Everything went from dreary & rainy to bright blue sunshine skies! Little did I know the price tag on that experience. Face it, even if I knew I think I still would have taken the pills. I became this social butterfly that loved everybody & always had a smile. No tears or bad day for Autumn. (I say all of this sarcastically because I'm fed up) No I was Miss happy all the time. Fake happy. I remember some friends came to visit & I went to the movies with her & another close friend. Later that night when at home, I came to myself realizing I don't remember how I got home. I don't remember what happened at the movie, I had pictures of us at the movies laughing & having fun but I couldn't remember... I had taken so many Percocet I couldn't remember anything. I was horrified but even that didn't stop me. I could have killed someone while driving, What was I thinking??? I look back & realize how fortunate I am to be ok & that I didn't hurt anybody physically while being impaired. I am myself now. I am so thankful & am grateful for all your help. It's one life at a time here. But it's more then that. We are repairing our own lives & those around us who can now enjoy the ppl we are. We aren't a risk to hurt others in any way now because of our abuse. This is freedom & I'm so truly happy. Thank you to all who read my posts & comment. You encourage me & are helping so many others on this site.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Autumn
    Welcome
    Randy saved my life! I did whatever he told me and i lived to tell my tale! His dosing advice is always spot-on and if u follow it, you'll save yourself a lot of pain and aggravation.
    I also agree that the 9pm dosing is a bit late in evening. Doses are best taken 8-10 hours after morning dose. People have had sleep-issues if they dose too near bedtime. Otherwise, you're on your way! You can do this!
    Autumnhopes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ming23 View Post
    Autumn
    Welcome
    Randy saved my life! I did whatever he told me and i lived to tell my tale! His dosing advice is always spot-on and if u follow it, you'll save yourself a lot of pain and aggravation.
    I also agree that the 9pm dosing is a bit late in evening. Doses are best taken 8-10 hours after morning dose. People have had sleep-issues if they dose too near bedtime. Otherwise, you're on your way! You can do this!
    Hi Ming!! Thank u for your encouragement! yes I agree with you both. I changed to 9 am & 5 pm dosing. Eventually I will change to dosing just 9 am. Once a day. I think it's the addict mentality that loves taking pills & more pills. Ridiculous! So thanks for your thoughts & ive appreciated reading your posts!!

Tomorrow is Day 6!! & my next drop to 2.25 mg. Looking forward to getting off subs & starting my life. Feeling good & going to spend the day with my bestie sister & BFF. They have been great cheerleaders in helping me now! I'm so happy I've opened up to good ppl in my life & they have stepped up to support & I have u wonderful ppl on this forum!! Thank u!
    Leah987 likes this.

zebra1961 is offline Member

Default quitting opiates

Autumn hello you are in the right place for good advice Ricky and Randy always are there to help listen to them I just wanted to encourage you. I read your post and can tell you subs are very powerful,I dont know how long you were on them i was 2 1/2 years and about 7 years on opiates before that. DO NOT STAY ON THEM VERY LONG!!! The longer you use them the harder to get off of and quitting short acting opiates hydrocodone percs etc was easier because they quickly get out of your system. Subs stay in your system much longer and are tougher to quit in my case anyway, but on the bright side i did not crave the drugs i used before subs and have not since then,over 1 year now. So when you are done with subs you will feel like a new persons no more chasing the next fix this is much better, hang tough you will make because if i did anyone can. You can do this its a little rough but the other side is wayyyyyyyyyy better so just keeping looking forwards and dont look back there will be nothing you want from the drugs anyway.
    Autumnhopes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zebra1961 View Post
    Autumn hello you are in the right place for good advice Ricky and Randy always are there to help listen to them I just wanted to encourage you. I read your post and can tell you subs are very powerful,I dont know how long you were on them i was 2 1/2 years and about 7 years on opiates before that. DO NOT STAY ON THEM VERY LONG!!! The longer you use them the harder to get off of and quitting short acting opiates hydrocodone percs etc was easier because they quickly get out of your system. Subs stay in your system much longer and are tougher to quit in my case anyway, but on the bright side i did not crave the drugs i used before subs and have not since then,over 1 year now. So when you are done with subs you will feel like a new persons no more chasing the next fix this is much better, hang tough you will make because if i did anyone can. You can do this its a little rough but the other side is wayyyyyyyyyy better so just keeping looking forwards and dont look back there will be nothing you want from the drugs anyway.
    Thank u so much zebra! I appreciate your kind words so much. I haven't gotten a lot of responses though I've posted a lot lol so I appreciate your post to me. I do agree that subs are very powerful & an tapering pretty quickly. I'll be off them soon. The only thing I worry about is the pain pills being available from my doctor & it's hard because of the migraines I go through, I know ppl say narcotics are not for migraines but when I'm in the midst of a bad one & none of my rescue meds have worked then dilaudid works amazingly!! It is sometimes the only thing that gets through the pain after 4 days of horror .. so I feel a little worried. My docs have said to continue to take as needed for terrible migraines that nothing else helps but it's only if I can have the pills & not take them. Is that possible??? Sometimes I've succeeded just to fall apart after a bad day & get back to pills again.. ugh. We shall see.
    So what about u Zebra? How did u get off the pills & subs? What's ur story?

zebra1961 is offline Member

Default quitting drugs

Okay I will try to keep it short, Injured my knee in 1979 had 3 operations. First operation was open knee hurt the worst i ever remember was given tylenol 3 Dr. said i would need knee replacement by 50 th birthday, fast forward to age 45 it did start to hurt I was given hydros was not long i was hooked always needed more to stop pain and feel good ( you all know what i mean). Scripts always ran out early and was buying off the street what ever was available oxys percs hydros etc. Dr. finally got fed up with me and cut me off,wife had just about enough of me after 7 1/2 years of drug use. I then went to pain control Dr. he put me on subs. after 2 1/2 years of this i started losing my muscle mind and was slipping at work ( not to brag but i have always been muscular and very strong and never worked out lucky i guess) so i was so sick of the drugs i finally quit over 1 year ago. WOW this is soooo much better i did not ever think this would ever happen to me never did drugs before and did not drink either was always a athlete. I have my wife and six kids when this happened so all i can say is drugs can drag anyone down. I quit the hydros percs etc lots of times for very short periods of time less than a month to a few days. the wds with these was 3-5 days physically but i always craved them and that put me right back on them. The subs where a lot tougher to get thru wds,first 7 days where pretty tough and the first thirty i never felt good but after that things slowly improved now i feel pretty good not as good before i started but now being almost 56 age is probably slowing me down some. I did not sleep for more than a hour or so about every other day for the first 22 days after quitting subs but i jumped at 6-8mgs very high dose but just could not taper, dont let that scare you i was on a high dose for years and jumped at a high dose.You are on a much lower dose and on them not very long so you should have much easier time with wds so dont get discouraged you will win, kick this >>>>s ass just like it needs it, you are better so hang in there and soon you be back to the real you
    Lvg nghtmare and Autumnhopes like this.

Today is day 9 on subs! Going to be off soon. I'm down to 1.75 a day. It's great to be taking so little & know in a week or so i'll be done. I posted about another supplement called Phenibut to get ppl's thoughts & experiences. I tried using it & WOW! it's very powerful.. I tried it this weekend & I was wired. I took 1/3 of the amount recommended. But it's strong & I felt almost like I was under the influence of something which discouraged me from taking it anymore. But it does help with anxiety... I felt very relaxed!! SMH...If you need something to relax for the moment due to bad panic attack this would help but small dose would be recommended...

Quote Originally Posted by zebra1961 View Post
    Okay I will try to keep it short, Injured my knee in 1979 had 3 operations. First operation was open knee hurt the worst i ever remember was given tylenol 3 Dr. said i would need knee replacement by 50 th birthday, fast forward to age 45 it did start to hurt I was given hydros was not long i was hooked always needed more to stop pain and feel good ( you all know what i mean). Scripts always ran out early and was buying off the street what ever was available oxys percs hydros etc. Dr. finally got fed up with me and cut me off,wife had just about enough of me after 7 1/2 years of drug use. I then went to pain control Dr. he put me on subs. after 2 1/2 years of this i started losing my muscle mind and was slipping at work ( not to brag but i have always been muscular and very strong and never worked out lucky i guess) so i was so sick of the drugs i finally quit over 1 year ago. WOW this is soooo much better i did not ever think this would ever happen to me never did drugs before and did not drink either was always a athlete. I have my wife and six kids when this happened so all i can say is drugs can drag anyone down. I quit the hydros percs etc lots of times for very short periods of time less than a month to a few days. the wds with these was 3-5 days physically but i always craved them and that put me right back on them. The subs where a lot tougher to get thru wds,first 7 days where pretty tough and the first thirty i never felt good but after that things slowly improved now i feel pretty good not as good before i started but now being almost 56 age is probably slowing me down some. I did not sleep for more than a hour or so about every other day for the first 22 days after quitting subs but i jumped at 6-8mgs very high dose but just could not taper, dont let that scare you i was on a high dose for years and jumped at a high dose.You are on a much lower dose and on them not very long so you should have much easier time with wds so dont get discouraged you will win, kick this >>>>s ass just like it needs it, you are better so hang in there and soon you be back to the real you
    Thank you for sharing your story zebra!! Very inspiring & helps me see that we all can beat this if we're determined!!

Hey autumn! I see you are doing amazing, tapering quickly. How are you feeling? Im down to 0.5 feeling like a bag of dirt
    I take sleep meds because if i dont dleep i cant functionand i have 3 little ones that need a functional mama. Feels like an impossible job nowadays but i know its possible. I relapsed when i was down to 0.125 day 3 which threw me back to 1mg :/. Having cravings right left n center because of it.
    Argh its hard.
    Julz
    Autumnhopes likes this.

Default Hi Julz! It's Day 11

Thanks for the kind post! I'm doing ok :/ I'm on Day 11 & down to 1 mg per day. Feeling a little yucky & anxiety but carrying on. Yesterday I was in bed all day. I hate when that happens but I remember as Cat says..". the worst day not using is better then the best day using. " I completely believe that. I'm at point where I feel so done with all these rotten drugs messing up my life.
    So how is everything with u Julz? How did the big exam go?? We were all routing for u!!

Default I NEED HELP!! Please

Hi all
    I need help! I've done something stupid!! I called my pain control doc because I have a bad 2 day migraine & asked for Dilaudid... I'm stupid. I'm in pain & my migraine meds are not helping. He sent in the scrip to the pharmacy & now I'm afraid to pick it up! I don't know if I can take one pill or I'll "gobble" then all up as our beautiful Cat puts it! Help!! I'm in such pain but what do I do???

Hi all
    I need help! I've done something stupid!! I called my pain control doc because I have a bad 2 day migraine & asked for Dilaudid... I'm stupid. I'm in pain & my migraine meds are not helping. He sent in the scrip to the pharmacy & now I'm afraid to pick it up! I don't know if I can take one pill or I'll "gobble" then all up as our beautiful Cat puts it! Help!! I'm in such pain but what do I do???
    I only have a quick minute to respond. First off, if you don't think you can control yourself with the dilaudid then don't fill the script! Second thing is the dilaudid most likely won't do anything because you are on subs! The subs bind very tightly to the opiate receptors, it will not let the dilaudid in! Hopefully you can find some relief from your migraine soon? I wish you well... God bless us all!
    Autumnhopes likes this.

weanqueen is offline Member

The migraines are pretty horrible :/ but the fact that you posted and asked for help before you filled the script is amazing! Me personally, I know I can't handle even one pill. It'll make my headaches go away, my stomach will feel better, and I'll have more energy. It would be so glorious. But because it would be so amazing, I know I won't be able to stop. There's no way I could get some relief and then go back to how I am now. Also, everything will be for nothing. Your taper will go backward, you'll have to start over, there's just no good outcome. For headaches what I do is I try to drink more water, A LOT more water, and I take iron pills. Are you taking vitamins and eating ok? If you aren't getting enough in your diet, you can get some supplements. Lavender oil and peppermint oil will help, I rub them on my temples.

If they get too bad and Tylenol won't help, I don't know how bad it hurts or if it'll cause you to miss work, but I would maybe take a day off and exhaust every online resource for migraines before taking any pills. I've thought about this a lot, because I need my wisdom teeth pulled soon and don't know how I'll deal without pain meds but...I guess I'll just remind myself that it's temporary :/

I hope they get better for you, what a predicament :/ sending you well wishes, xo
    Autumnhopes likes this.

Thank u weanqueen & Ricky! I REALLY appreciate the response very much. I know what I need to do but when I'm in this pain& the migraine meds don't respond I feel desperate. What I need is patience.. Somo & Ryka-Leah reminded me of that.. I haven't filled it & my pharmacy is closed for tonight. Which is good. Gives me time to get myself feeling better & not turning to the dilaudid again. Though you may be right Ricky. Last time I was on suboxone, a small amount like now, I took the dilaudid & boy did I feel it. Stronger then ever. It punches though the subs. But I need to remember how far I've come. I think I need NA or AA. I need a sponsor to turn to. I'm an addict & I need help.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hey Autumnhopes, like Randy said to me I'll pass it on.. Now your talking get out get that face to face support...take action.. Stay Strong for Today..
    Autumnhopes likes this.

Thank u nightmare!! I was thinking of u when I talked about the need for support. Face to face. You've talked about it & ive hestitated because I'm ashamed. But so many r in the same place. I need it. I realize that now. Thank u for being true in what you've been saying & not giving up. I appreciate your sincerity & trueness!!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Leah987 is offline Advanced Member

Hi, Autumnhopes.....don't be sorry you jumped in on my thread....You are welcome on my thread anytime! I hear ya' about the migraine pain and being desperate! I've been there most my life, it seems! I have no idea about suboxone or dilaudid either. I just know that when I was trying to get off hydros, I was also in horrible pain, mostly headaches....migraine, muscle tension, Idk, I have them all. I, too got desperate. I gave in time after time....I felt a little better VERY temporarily, then had to start the tapering and jumping process all over again....time...after time....after time. I would have saved myself years.....I mean YEARS of horrible pain if I had stuck it out in the first place. After my sources were finally cut out, and I finally flushed the few pills I had left, I had no choice but to succeed. It was rough.....I was desperate for several days....and to be honest, there were times I wished I hadn't flushed those last few. But when the pain finally started abating....I was SO glad I had gotten rid of the pills...I had finally done it! It is worth it many times over, Autumhopes! It is worth all the pain....even all the desperateness...all the crying, even...to be off those things! Don't pick up that prescription. It will only keep you hooked, which will keep you in pain that much longer! I know where you're coming from...I cried and squalled all through my withdrawal....It's horrible, it's not fair, but It's just something we have to go through to gain our freedom from pain meds! Just sent up a prayer for you.And REMEMBER....go to my thread ANYTIME. I'm here to lend an ear! ((hugs))
    Autumnhopes likes this.

Default Desperate but trying to stay strong

Quote Originally Posted by Leah987 View Post
    Hi, Autumnhopes.....don't be sorry you jumped in on my thread....You are welcome on my thread anytime! I hear ya' about the migraine pain and being desperate! I've been there most my life, it seems! I have no idea about suboxone or dilaudid either. I just know that when I was trying to get off hydros, I was also in horrible pain, mostly headaches....migraine, muscle tension, Idk, I have them all. I, too got desperate. I gave in time after time....I felt a little better VERY temporarily, then had to start the tapering and jumping process all over again....time...after time....after time. I would have saved myself years.....I mean YEARS of horrible pain if I had stuck it out in the first place. After my sources were finally cut out, and I finally flushed the few pills I had left, I had no choice but to succeed. It was rough.....I was desperate for several days....and to be honest, there were times I wished I hadn't flushed those last few. But when the pain finally started abating....I was SO glad I had gotten rid of the pills...I had finally done it! It is worth it many times over, Autumhopes! It is worth all the pain....even all the desperateness...all the crying, even...to be off those things! Don't pick up that prescription. It will only keep you hooked, which will keep you in pain that much longer! I know where you're coming from...I cried and squalled all through my withdrawal....It's horrible, it's not fair, but It's just something we have to go through to gain our freedom from pain meds! Just sent up a prayer for you.And REMEMBER....go to my thread ANYTIME. I'm here to lend an ear! ((hugs))

Thank u so much Leah-Ryka!! I appreciate your post & your true expressions! I am trying to not go to the pharmacy to pick up the pills I know it will just throw me back. The only reason I've gotten this far is because I've been able to stay on the subs and stay off the pills for almost 2 weeks. I will be off the sub soon I'm tapering off and I don't want to lose all the progress I've made. Realizing that I'm an addict has been very hard for me because I haven't wanted to see myself that way. I watch the show intervention and I see all those people struggling but I think I've always seen myself as better than that because oh I only took five pills a day I never shot myself up with the pills or IV'd the pills so I'm better than them.., what a joke I'm not better than anybody.... look at myself struggling now not to take a pill only an addict would be in that predicament, just because I took these dilaudid morphine Percocet pills for pain doesn't mean that I wasn't addicted and doesn't mean that I don't need to stop taking them,, I have a problem I need to see it and I need to realize I can't just take one pill it will never be enough .... i've been in ashamed and embarrassed to seek out NA or AA but I'm not anymore I'm not embarrassed by what I am..,I am what I am,,it is what it is and I need to go forward with it and one day be able to help others because of my experience that's how I need to see this!!
    Leah987 likes this.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast