Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By IdJ
  • 1 Post By Ming23
  • 1 Post By IdJ
Day 4 of suboxone, things not normal... need advice please.
    IdJ
    IdJ is offline New Member

Question Day 4 of suboxone, things not normal... need advice please.

QUESTIONS

I took my day 2 dose of .4mg expecting to need more at some point. I waited 36hrs before taking my Day 3 dose of .125mg. I took it even though I wasn't feeling hardly any discomfort, just a heavy thumping heart when trying to sleep. I slept well & have awakened to feeling good. I went 26hrs & took .125mg. Still feeling fine.

I expected a much different experience with much higher amounts needed?

to recap-

44m, in remission don't need patch anymore. Last used 25 Fentynl patch, tapered down from 180hydros/month & 75patch over last 3 months.

Day 1- 8mg
    Day 2- .4mg (that's less than half a mg, not 4mg but .4)
    Day 3.5- .125mg
    Day 4.5- .125mg

In the taper I see it suggests tapering from .25 or .125 if needed or skipping days. I know I'm not officially stabilized but I'm wondering if I should just jump to skipping days?

During the taper, how much discomfort is normal? I expect something when I try to cut down/out but don't know where to say, "I'm not stable, take a sliver" >>. "this is normal during taper."

Anyone have an idea whats going on with me? This seems too easy which scares me a bit.
    thanks
    Ming23 likes this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Idj
    You're questioning whether or not you're in wd? Some discomfort is normal during a taper. When you are in wds, you'll really know it!
    Perhaps you got off lucky. The less time u take the subs, the less you will have to detox from them.
    If you feel ok, be happy.
    How far down did u taper from the 180 hydros? Is that total for a month? If so, subs is overkill, imho.
    Hang in there! Get imodium.
    IdJ likes this.

IdJ

Thanks Ming, I'm on day 18 now & am currently 72 hours after my last sub does of .15. I went 48hrs before the previous dose.

I was on fentynl patches for 15 years. I did the hydro 10/325 wean a few months ago then started the patch wean. I went 50 to 25 to suboxone.

I'm currently getting small waves of restlessness, pounding chest, & horrible sleep but its improving. I'm just worried about a snap back if I do it wrong.

thanks again

IdJ

Just for anyone else reading this looking for tips.
    I took my last .20mg sub pill on day 16 skipping 4 days before the previous two doses.

So 15+ years on Fent & Hydros done & over within 3 weeks. I'm 29 days from day 1 of sub. The only real symptoms now are decreasing chills in my shoulders/arms & horrible sleep. Good news is I don't even think about the meds anymore. I always had to worry about patches falling off & refills. Crazy freedom.

thanks all for the help everyone.
    Ming23 likes this.