Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Skybears
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
  • 1 Post By LaurieLaSalle
Day 9 of cold turkey need help
    Skybears is offline New Member

Default Day 9 of cold turkey need help

So I'm on day 9 of cold turkey and Beyond the countless hours that I spend in the bathroom I can't move I keep trying to tell myself this will get better but for some reason each day seems to get worse and worse I'm not sure how to do this anymore and just need a little help thank you
    Ming23 likes this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Skybears
    Hang in there! What did you stop taking? You are on the suboxone forum so was it sub and how much? Get Imodium for bathroom issues. Stay hydrated. Drink water. That's very important. Can u drink Boost? You feel like it will never end but it will. Post when u can.

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ming23 View Post
    Hey Skybears
    Hang in there! What did you stop taking? You are on the suboxone forum so was it sub and how much? Get Imodium for bathroom issues. Stay hydrated. Drink water. That's very important. Can u drink Boost? You feel like it will never end but it will. Post when u can.
    Ming - Skybears started two threads, the other thread is in the "Prescription Drug Addiction" forum, here's a link - https://www.drugs.com/forum/prescrip...elp-72653.html

Skybears - don't use this thread anymore, just stay on your other thread because you already have replies there.

sallytec is offline New Member

Hi everyone. Just alil of my story. From Canada and have been using suboxone in pill form for over a year. Was completely stuck in the percocet fog sometimes taking 20 a day when $allowed it. Started at 24mg sub which was too much but I thought cool got energy and finances again. Stupid I know. Soon I hated taking suboxone wanted to be pill free and tired of sampling weekly. Started lowering doses and was good then decided I knew more than clinic.. Lol often skipped doses for days. Didn't seem to notice any symptt. Finally at 10 mg prescription daily (still skipping occasionally) I get the bright idea that I can just stop cold turkey. OMG I am now 12 days free still sick. Didn't notice until about day 4-5 thought I had food poisoning.... Literally still have runs, shakes, sweaty palms. Finally can sorta find comfortable position to sit.But it is rough and challenging. Am I foolishly being stupid?_Should I give up now and go crawling back to clinic. Here our family doctor don't supply. Dang it I hate the taste of sub totally ruins my Tim Horton's coffees which btw can't stomach. Any. Thoughts!

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by sallytec View Post
    Hi everyone. Just alil of my story. From Canada and have been using suboxone in pill form for over a year. Was completely stuck in the percocet fog sometimes taking 20 a day when $allowed it. Started at 24mg sub which was too much but I thought cool got energy and finances again. Stupid I know. Soon I hated taking suboxone wanted to be pill free and tired of sampling weekly. Started lowering doses and was good then decided I knew more than clinic.. Lol often skipped doses for days. Didn't seem to notice any symptt. Finally at 10 mg prescription daily (still skipping occasionally) I get the bright idea that I can just stop cold turkey. OMG I am now 12 days free still sick. Didn't notice until about day 4-5 thought I had food poisoning.... Literally still have runs, shakes, sweaty palms. Finally can sorta find comfortable position to sit.But it is rough and challenging. Am I foolishly being stupid?_Should I give up now and go crawling back to clinic. Here our family doctor don't supply. Dang it I hate the taste of sub totally ruins my Tim Horton's coffees which btw can't stomach. Any. Thoughts!
    First of all I would recommend that you start your own thread so you can get personalized help and support. Jumping from 10mg of sub is a huge amount to jump from and definitely not recommended! You have two choices, stay the course you're on which is going to be a very long and rough road or go back on the suboxone and do a proper taper? I'll leave a link to Robert's sub taper plan at the bottom of this post so you can read through it, Robert's plan has been used by many, many people with great success! So, get your very own thread started as soon as you can, there are many members here that can help you through this. Take care... God bless us all!

Link to Robert's sub taper plan -
    https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html
    sallytec likes this.

sallytec is offline New Member

Rick thanks not sure how to make my own thread lol. Appreciate your reply. Thanks

LaurieLaSalle is offline Member

Hi Sally, I was in the same boat about the thread. Just press on the link Rick gave you and it will take you right there. You will see you are on the same page with others coming off Sub. I know about being chained to the clinic also, but methadone a few years back. It is a tough battle. I jumped off at 30 mils, that was hell on earth. Thoughts are with you Southern Girl, this Northern girl is with you. Thanks for your comment on my thread..There are a whole lot of good people on here, they know what they are talking about..Be well.....
    sallytec likes this.