Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
  • 1 Post By davepeerson
Day one
    Ditchin is offline New Member

Default Day one

I am on day two of trying to do a quick and easy sub treatment to get off pain pills. I read Roberts method over and over again I just want to be sure I do it right because I was taking subs a while back and was able to quit cold turkey but it was extremely >>>>>> and I don't have what I had then to be able to do it which was a house alone for 6 days lol. I started yesterday taking about 2mg. Today I have took nothing yet. If I read correctly I'm supposed to take exactly what I took yesterday but split it in half? Do I have to take anything today?

weanqueen is offline Member

Hi doll! Good on you for taking huge steps in the right direction! Hope your day goes well, there will be others along to help you, but they may need more detail from you. Keep at it! x

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ditchin View Post
    I am on day two of trying to do a quick and easy sub treatment to get off pain pills. I read Roberts method over and over again I just want to be sure I do it right because I was taking subs a while back and was able to quit cold turkey but it was extremely >>>>>> and I don't have what I had then to be able to do it which was a house alone for 6 days lol. I started yesterday taking about 2mg. Today I have took nothing yet. If I read correctly I'm supposed to take exactly what I took yesterday but split it in half? Do I have to take anything today?
    Yes, take 2mg today, split in two 1mg doses.Take your doses 8-10 hours apart at the same time everyday! For example take 1mg at 9am and then another 1mg at 6pm for a total of 2mg for the day! Obviously you can choose your own times but remember 8-10 hours apart and at the same times everyday, this is very important!

Don't rush this process! Slow and steady wins the race! Robert's plan takes roughly 6-8 weeks from start to finish! Follow Robert's plan exactly as outlined and you'll do just fine! Keep us updated on everything? Best of luck to you... God bless us all!
    Ming23 likes this.

can people withdraw from taking subs for a few days?

Awesome! Hi Ricky! SO happy you posted so quickly. I have been reading a lot of your words this morning and last night and it was a breathe of fresh air seeing you reply in my post I didn't know how to start my own thing or whatever and finally found where you posted a link to do it. I'm wondering if the 2mg may have been a little to strong for me to start out with. Kinda felt like it... still have not taken anything today I think what I took yesterday is obviously still doing its thing. I don't feel any wd symptoms. I read and understand how to do Roberts plan I guess maybe it's the science I don't understand or something. Im wondering if I just don't take anything until I feel like I have to and take as minimum as possible ...if that would work. I don't have easy access to subs although I'm sure I can get them if I went on the hunt but I was on them before and I'm very weary of them. Told myself never again but yesterday I just felt like it was my only option to stop this mess I was getting in.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Ditchin
    Welcome. Robert325's method recommends taking the same dose for 4 days, then dropping 25% and taking the lowered dose for 4 days etc etc. it's easy to become confused about dosages but i suggest u reread his taper plan. One doses at the same time daily to ensure a continuous supply of sub. So, yes--you have to dose today!

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ditchin View Post
    Awesome! Hi Ricky! SO happy you posted so quickly. I have been reading a lot of your words this morning and last night and it was a breathe of fresh air seeing you reply in my post I didn't know how to start my own thing or whatever and finally found where you posted a link to do it. I'm wondering if the 2mg may have been a little to strong for me to start out with. Kinda felt like it... still have not taken anything today I think what I took yesterday is obviously still doing its thing. I don't feel any wd symptoms. I read and understand how to do Roberts plan I guess maybe it's the science I don't understand or something. Im wondering if I just don't take anything until I feel like I have to and take as minimum as possible ...if that would work. I don't have easy access to subs although I'm sure I can get them if I went on the hunt but I was on them before and I'm very weary of them. Told myself never again but yesterday I just felt like it was my only option to stop this mess I was getting in.
    Subs are not meant to be used symptomatically, on a as needed basis! They need to be used in a very controlled manner as outlined in Robert's plan. I've been around these forums for a while and I've seen what happens when people try to "do their own thing" with subs and 9 times out of 10 it does not turn out good at all!

You're going to need about ten 8mg subs to complete Robert's plan? There's no quick fix, there are 1000's of success stories using Robert's plan, you can be one too!

Don't wait for symptoms, take your doses as I recommended earlier. In four to five days or so if you are stable then do your first 25% reduction then 25% reductions every four to five days from there on out. FOLLOW Robert's plan and you'll be just fine!

This is not a race! As my man Randy would say "do this right the first time and you'll never have to do it again"! Get those subs and do this the right way! Keep us updated? I'll check back on you later tonight?

PS
    And yes you can withdrawal from taking subs for a few days! STICK TO THE PLAN MAN!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-14-2017 at 12:11 PM.
    Ming23 likes this.

davepeerson is offline Platinum Member

Hey Ditchin....I agree with Ricky on getting off the Subs....The slower the better....I've tapered off them a couple times....and My LAST time...I went MUCH slower....and to a Much Lower dose than first time!! Try and stick with "ROBERTS" plan...the 25% every 4 days....or as I did when I got down to Very Low doses....I stretched it out Longer than 4 days before dropping....Just NEVER increase....Good Luck My Friend....and whatever You Do...Keep posting and updating...It will Help You....And Helps US keep track of how Your doing.....and WE can continue to Support You...."SUPPORT" for Me was Huge!! Also keeps You accountable!! Stay Strong Just For Today!!
    Ming23 likes this.