• 2 Post By Randy35
  • 1 Post By Ce2700
  • 1 Post By Ce2700
  • 1 Post By Randy35
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
Day one again tomorrow really need help and support
    Ce2700 is offline Junior Member

Default Day one again tomorrow really need help and support

So I've been reading and reading and reading all Roberts stuff. Currently I have 24mg of subutex and 24mg of suboxone I plan on taking my last oxy tonight. Currently in taking about 600mg a day.

I used to be clean over 11 years and threw it away a year and a half ago. I got complacent and quit going to meetings. I'm currently taking roughly 600mg of oxy a day. And 4 to 6 mg Xanax. I want of both but am starting with the oxy first as I'm getting ready to lose a business and everything else the program gave me in that 11 years.

I do have a successful business with employees etc so I'm hoping to be stable by Monday morning on the subs. Then I'll go to the doctor again Tuesday to get more subs.

My doctor is just a authorized drug dealer and didn't tell me anything about precipitated wd or when to dose or anything. Just told me take 3 of these a day last time. Well I did that and felt worse then anything and went right back to the oxy. I've been back and forth putting together at most 10 days in the past year and a half but I am ready to stop. Just hoping I can be stable enough to work Monday. I really need help here.

What I've figured so far is tonight I'll take my last dose of oxy around 10pm I always wake up by 7am in withdrawal already. I'll wait until I score out on the cowls scale and then take 2mg to start induction? Then keep going up until stable?

Idk I just know I wish I would have never picked up that first one again. Please help I can't do this anymore.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum!

I mean this sincerely….if I can do it anyone can do it. I was as hard core addict as one can become. I did lose everything in the process before I finally made it. Talk about rock bottom, I was under the rock, and deep too! Convince yourself that it can be done, dig in for the physical and mental battle of your life, and you too can be another success story.

Please don't begin your induction with a 2mg dose of sub. That's way too much my friend. The ONLY time may require such a large beginning dose is if they are coming from Methadone. Sub is much stronger than many realize. A very tiny dose can make such a difference.

What I suggest you do is follow that Cows as you said, get to an honest score of 26 or HIGHER, then begin your induction with a 1mg dose. Wait one full hour then take a .5mg dose. Wait another hour and take .25mg of sub. If more is required make each dose only .25mg. That way you'll be on the LOWEST effective dose of sub and not a higher amount. That's very, very important!

You're definitely on a huge amount of Oxy, but you'll be surprised at how little you may need if the induction is performed properly. The worst part of this is waiting in wd's to induct. The longer you can hold out before inducting the better. But my motto has always been, do it right and it only needs to be done once.

Whatever you do don;t get in a hurry and take the sub too soon. PWD is no joke. I found out just how severe they are the hard way, twice. Got hurried, took the sub too soon and thought I was going to die. The Cows takes all the guessing out of it and makes for a safe induction.

I'll try to check back on you later. All the best.

Randy
    Catrina and StupidlyStuck like this.

Thank you Randy. I'm preparing my mental game. I'm at a place I don't want to be anymore and have to make the change or I will lose everything and that includes my kids. I can't live this way anymore. Thanks for the tips
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Welcome!

You've got one of the best with Randy helping you out here. Congratulations on making this very important decision. I've got a busy day tomorrow but I'll check in to see how you're doing. I can give you the 1, 2, 3 RAH RAH!!! No hand stands though. Sorry.

Peace,

Cat

Well I'm sitting here thinking and preparing and my mind keeps going to the dark side of this weekend isn't good because of this or that. I just want my life back my wife's making plans with the kids and what not tomorrow and in my mind I'm thinking I know I won't bee able to do anything. Why oh why do I keep coming back to this place. I absolutely hate addiction.

Truly the only thing I want is to have a normal life again where it isn't dictated by pills. Then there is the flip side that lies to me but to thine own self be true. It takes me 120 mg at a time just to fell normal and I'm on the verge of losing everything I worked so hard to build honestly it may already be to late but at least clean I have a shot. Right now I have a 500 dollar a day habit wow that's insane just typing it makes me sick.

There's no time like the present I have to start tomorrow and hopefully I can level out somewhat fast but I'm not hopeful. In my past experience with subs usually by day 4 I'm somewhat stable and the first few days are hell. Maybe following this plan Errol make it a little easier this time to level out I'm hoping.
    Ming23 likes this.

How should I cut the subutex up to get that small a dose to start induction

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ce2700 View Post
    How should I cut the subutex up to get that small a dose to start induction

If you have the film strips cutting is easy. And if you have the 8mg strips getting the doses needed is not a problem. Use a pair of tweezers to hold the film and get some small scissors to cut with. Holding the film cut it in halves by eyeballing it. You'll be able to get .25mg pieces quite easily. Store the cut up pieces right back in the foil wrapper making sure to label what the doses are.

On the other hand if you have the pills you can still get the required doses, it's just a little more difficult, but very possible. Using a single edge razor blade cut the pills in half, then in half again. If they're 8mg pills you'll have 4 pieces of 2mg each.

You can try cutting those in half and sometimes it works ok, sometimes not. If not we usually recommend "crushing" a 1mg or 2mg piece into a fine powder. Then you can separate the pile into even amounts. For example a 2mg piece crushed and separated into 4 piles will be .5mg each. You can halve those to get .25mg doses. It's really not as difficult as it sounds. Store the crushed pieces somewhere safe and again use a sticky note to label what the doses are.

Hope this helps. Getting the doses cut in advance will be of great help when the time comes for induction.

Randy
    Ming23 likes this.

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    Welcome!

You've got one of the best with Randy helping you out here. Congratulations on making this very important decision. I've got a busy day tomorrow but I'll check in to see how you're doing. I can give you the 1, 2, 3 RAH RAH!!! No hand stands though. Sorry.

Peace,

Cat
    I agree, you are in good hands with Randy helping you along the way. I read that you're taking a hefty amount of xanax also, Randy will also be able to help you taper off that when the time comes? Whatever you do, do not try to cold turkey the xanax as it is a very dangerous detox! Best of luck to you! You can do this! Keep us updated? God bless us all!
    Ming23 likes this.