Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree137Likes
Do i need to go through this process again?

Hey Kat

i really dont know what to do right now i am so ashamed and cant stop crying....yes i made a very bad mistake and i knew i shouldnt have. I found a percocet and took it! I know im the biggest moron i want to kill myself. But i must rectify the problem.
    I took one 10mg and dont know if i can continue taking the sub dose?
    pls someone help me asap
    i didnt feel anything from the percocet im down to 8mg of sub which im defintly not sure is enough bc i have been feeling chills and sweaty.
    pls help
    thanks so much!

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanttobeclean View Post
    Hey Kat

i really dont know what to do right now i am so ashamed and cant stop crying....yes i made a very bad mistake and i knew i shouldnt have. I found a percocet and took it! I know im the biggest moron i want to kill myself. But i must rectify the problem.
    pls someone help me asap
    i didnt feel anything from the percocet im down to 8mg of sub which im defintly not sure is enough bc i have been feeling chills and sweaty.
    pls help
    thanks so much!
    You're not a moron hun, you're an addict. Breathe. From here on out, make sure you have zero access to any and all painkillers. This is a battle we have to fight. Are there any more pills is your house? If so, flush them now.

This is the deal: yes, you can resume your sub taper AFTER you're sure the Perc is out of your system. This is where it gets tricky. The proper protocol is to wait until you're in WD again before resuming sub. I know that sounds awful and I know you don't want to.

I don't want to give you bad advice by putting a "time" on when you can resume the sub. When did you take the Perc?

Kat
    Iwanttobeclean likes this.

I'm hesitant to say this because it's not "proper protocol", but if you really only took one Perc, you will most likely be able to resume your sub at some point today. I wanted to let you know because I know you're probably freakin' out.

There is always a risk of precipitated WD when a person takes sub too quickly after taking any opiates, which is why we suggest making sure you're in at least "moderate" WD before resuming the sub.

Please take what happened as a lesson. The LAST thing you want to start doing is jumping back and forth from sub to painkillers. I did that for years and am now paying the price. It makes getting off sub very difficult.

Post back when you get a chance.
    Kat

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Hey Kat

pls someone help me asap
    pls help
    thanks so much!
    Michele the 1 Percocet you took will not effect your taper. With all the subs in your system it would not even have attached to your receptors. You are not the first person to have done this nor will you be the last. You actually just wasted a perc to tell you the truth. Just dust yourself off and resume your taper for now. Talk to you later.

Alex

Good, I'm glad Alex said it...lol

I try to be as careful as possible when talking about people taking sub again after taking opiates because I've seen others get a bit "worked up" about the subject.

Kat
    Iwanttobeclean and alexnt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    Good, I'm glad Alex said it...lol

I try to be as careful as possible when talking about people taking sub again after taking opiates because I've seen others get a bit "worked up" about the subject.

Kat
    Kat and Alex you guys are my angels!
    Ruth too!!!

So yes i waited abt 3 hours and took the sub and felt back to myself after i did that.
    Ha Alex you want to know how many i just flushed down the toilet....you think i wasted one...more like 74 down the toilet and best feeling in the world.
    I feel like i just needed to get that out of my system and i know it wont help me.
    I honestly can tell you now its not what i want. These past few days i have been feeling great and finally accomplishing things that i have put off forever.
    I am loving every minute of my road to recovery (i hope) and Kat your so a inspiration to me.
    We all i see make mistakes along the way and i am so lucky to have everyone here to help me.

taking my second dose now...still having hard time cutting exactly.
    i went to cvs and got a pill cutter and it split it into too many peices. i think the subs are very chalky... im on actavis brand not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Tomm i am due to go down my 25 % but i think i want to make sure i stabilize first. I think since i wasnt doing it correctly i will take extra couple of days. I dont need to rush this. Just got to make sure i do this correctly. If i do stay few more days does that hurt my tapper?

thanks again
    xoxo
    michele

Kat and Alex you guys are my angels!
    Ruth too!!!

So yes i waited abt 3 hours and took the sub and felt back to myself after i did that.
    Ha Alex you want to know how many i just flushed down the toilet....you think i wasted one...more like 74 down the toilet and best feeling in the world.
    I feel like i just needed to get that out of my system and i know it wont help me.
    I honestly can tell you now its not what i want. These past few days i have been feeling great and finally accomplishing things that i have put off forever.
    I am loving every minute of my road to recovery (i hope) and Kat your so a inspiration to me.
    We all i see make mistakes along the way and i am so lucky to have everyone here to help me.

taking my second dose now...still having hard time cutting exactly.
    i went to cvs and got a pill cutter and it split it into too many peices. i think the subs are very chalky... im on actavis brand not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Tomm i am due to go down my 25 % but i think i want to make sure i stabilize first. I think since i wasnt doing it correctly i will take extra couple of days. I dont need to rush this. Just got to make sure i do this correctly. If i do stay few more days does that hurt my tapper?

thanks again
    xoxo
    michele
    Michele the every 4 days is not written in stone and you should never reduce unless you are sure you are fully stable or it can end up messing up your entire taper. While the less time you spend on subs the easier it is when it comes time to jump you do not want to rush it. I spent 4 months on subs and tapered down to around .18 to .20 when I jumped and had very minor symptoms when I did jump. I spent 6 days on a lot of doses and I never felt a single drop. Great job on flushing 74 pills down the toilet. Good to see you are checking with Ruth also. I am not good at writing and if someone wants to know about recovery while tapering and once finally clean then Ruths thread is the thread to read. Glad you are back on track and will talk to you later.

Alex

Hey Michele,

Glad to hear you flushed the pills! Nice. Staying at 8 mg for a couple more days is fine, especially since you *technically* were supposed to be at 9 mg anyway. You want to be nice and stable before you drop. I'm glad you realized the importance of not rushing your taper. Stick to the taper plan and you'll be successful!

I saw where you wrote about wanting to go to NA or AA meetings. Good for you. See if there are any women's meetings near you. Those are my favorite. I go to regular meetings, too, but I prefer women's groups.

About dealing with sub tablets: pain in the azz..lol. But, there's a way to ensure accurate dosing. You have to crush the tablet on a plate using the back of a spoon. I could usually get my pill cutter to cut an 8 mg in half, and then half again (to get 4 pieces of 2 mg). But, if your pill cutter is making the tablet crumble, you'll need to crush. For your current 8 mg daily dose: take the whole tablet, break it into a few pieces. Carefully crush each piece into powder and make a pile. Split pile in half to make 2 equal piles of 4 mg. Crease a business card. Use a small butter knife (or another card) to "push" one 4 mg pile into the crease. Pour under your tongue.

I know, it's a production...lol. But you'll get used to it quickly. I did.
    Kat

Hey Michele,

Glad to hear you flushed the pills! Nice. Staying at 8 mg for a couple more days is fine, especially since you *technically* were supposed to be at 9 mg anyway. You want to be nice and stable before you drop. I'm glad you realized the importance of not rushing your taper. Stick to the taper plan and you'll be successful!

I saw where you wrote about wanting to go to NA or AA meetings. Good for you. See if there are any women's meetings near you. Those are my favorite. I go to regular meetings, too, but I prefer women's groups.

About dealing with sub tablets: pain in the azz..lol. But, there's a way to ensure accurate dosing. You have to crush the tablet on a plate using the back of a spoon. I could usually get my pill cutter to cut an 8 mg in half, and then half again (to get 4 pieces of 2 mg). But, if your pill cutter is making the tablet crumble, you'll need to crush. For your current 8 mg daily dose: take the whole tablet, break it into a few pieces. Carefully crush each piece into powder and make a pile. Split pile in half to make 2 equal piles of 4 mg. Crease a business card. Use a small butter knife (or another card) to "push" one 4 mg pile into the crease. Pour under your tongue.

I know, it's a production...lol. But you'll get used to it quickly. I did.
    Kat
    Hey!
    Ha I'm laughing from the way you gotta get the pill into powder you would think we were doing a diff kind of drug !
    We're you using the peach subs or white?
    I honestly can say I feel relieved today...I got that out of my system can you imagine if I took more???
    Omg what would have happened....I flushed 592 bucks down the toilet....best waste of 592!
    I'm honestly not even mad abt it....is that weird?
    And I knew I wouldn't feel anything but I guess I wanted to test it and I used to have to take at least 10 at a time to feel anything and sometimes it wouldn't do anything.
    How crazy how much money I spent on my addiction....that yes I am very mad about....could have been my children's college education.

Kat have a great night and please go to bed with a smile on your face because your a very special person helping people you never met...means so much!

Michele
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by alexnt View Post
    Michele the every 4 days is not written in stone and you should never reduce unless you are sure you are fully stable or it can end up messing up your entire taper. While the less time you spend on subs the easier it is when it comes time to jump you do not want to rush it. I spent 4 months on subs and tapered down to around .18 to .20 when I jumped and had very minor symptoms when I did jump. I spent 6 days on a lot of doses and I never felt a single drop. Great job on flushing 74 pills down the toilet. Good to see you are checking with Ruth also. I am not good at writing and if someone wants to know about recovery while tapering and once finally clean then Ruths thread is the thread to read. Glad you are back on track and will talk to you later.

Alex
    Alex
    For some reason I thought you tapered in a month but I guess I got confused because I think you wrote you went to ur sub clinic 3 times to make sure you got enough subs for your tapper.
    My doc makes me come every week...he will only perscribe me enough for that week. So last fri I told him I'm taking 2 a day. Which I really am taking less...going to him this fri and he does drug test and will give me another script.
    I actually am afraid of him... Do any sub docs report you if they see oxy in ur urine?
    I know by Friday I'm ok and not quite sure if it would even have showed today in my urine with the amount of subs I was taking.

Alex thanks for your help i really appreciate it.
    I feel much stronger now that I know I don't want or need to oxy.

Have a good night!
    Michele

Alex
    For some reason I thought you tapered in a month but I guess I got confused because I think you wrote you went to ur sub clinic 3 times to make sure you got enough subs for your tapper.
    My doc makes me come every week...he will only perscribe me enough for that week. So last fri I told him I'm taking 2 a day. Which I really am taking less...going to him this fri and he does drug test and will give me another script.
    I actually am afraid of him... Do any sub docs report you if they see oxy in ur urine?
    I know by Friday I'm ok and not quite sure if it would even have showed today in my urine with the amount of subs I was taking.

Alex thanks for your help i really appreciate it.
    I feel much stronger now that I know I don't want or need to oxy.

Have a good night!
    Michele
    Michele actually I was written 4 scripts at the clinic. the first 2 were for 8 days then 7 days. my next script was for 17 days and my last one was for 14 days. I had more then enough to taper off by then. I don't know who he would report you to but himself. If he would fine oxy in your system then he might just kick you out. By Friday it will be long gone from your system though. Some doctors make you come in every week for the first month. Maybe Friday he will write you a 2 week script this time. Just keep weaning and building your stash and it will cut down the amount of times you have to see him

Alex

hey all
    just wanted to stop in and say I'm doing good and still at 8 mg.
    just wondering if lets say i stay at 8 mg a xtra couple of days does it effect your bodes tapper?
    does working out and sweating cause some of the meds to leave your system? yesterday i exercised for about a hour and sweated a bit and the rest of the day i felt like i needed more meds which i wouldn't take till i was ready for my next dose.
    have a good day!

hey all
    just wanted to stop in and say I'm doing good and still at 8 mg.
    just wondering if lets say i stay at 8 mg a xtra couple of days does it effect your bodes tapper?
    does working out and sweating cause some of the meds to leave your system? yesterday i exercised for about a hour and sweated a bit and the rest of the day i felt like i needed more meds which i wouldn't take till i was ready for my next dose.
    have a good day!
    Hey Michele,

I've never heard that exercise and/or sweating causes Sub to leave your system more quickly. Daily exercise is so good for the healing of mind and body.

If you don't feel stable at 8 mg and need a couple days, that's ok. It shouldn't affect your taper at all. The goal is to not get complacent at a dose but, at the same time, make sure you're stable before dropping.

Oh - and LOL at the reply you made to me about the crushing of the pills and how "it seems like we're talking about a different drug". I thought the same exact thing when I first had to crush. It have me the creeps..lol. I remember my hubby laughing and asking "what the hell are you doing?". It's pretty much the only way to get to accurate doses, but it IS weird!

Talk soon.
    Kat

Oops...didn't have time to edit til it was too late..

I meant "It gave me the creeps."

Hey Michele,

I've never heard that exercise and/or sweating causes Sub to leave your system more quickly. Daily exercise is so good for the healing of mind and body.

If you don't feel stable at 8 mg and need a couple days, that's ok. It shouldn't affect your taper at all. The goal is to not get complacent at a dose but, at the same time, make sure you're stable before dropping.

Oh - and LOL at the reply you made to me about the crushing of the pills and how "it seems like we're talking about a different drug". I thought the same exact thing when I first had to crush. It have me the creeps..lol. I remember my hubby laughing and asking "what the hell are you doing?". It's pretty much the only way to get to accurate doses, but it IS weird!

Talk soon.
    Kat
    Hey Kat
    So the day i wasnt feeling great i had taken my daughter to the dentist to get a adult tooth out and she was crying hysterical and i was very nervous and i think thats why i felt that way that day.
    bc yesterday i worked out and felt great all day.

regarding the crushing the pills im still not sure how i would get the perfect accurate amount. So now when i go down to 6 mg how do i crush it to get that amount?

have a good day!
    michele

Hey Kat
    So the day i wasnt feeling great i had taken my daughter to the dentist to get a adult tooth out and she was crying hysterical and i was very nervous and i think thats why i felt that way that day.
    bc yesterday i worked out and felt great all day.

regarding the crushing the pills im still not sure how i would get the perfect accurate amount. So now when i go down to 6 mg how do i crush it to get that amount?

have a good day!
    michele
    Michele,

If your tablets keep crumbling and you can't get accurate doses, that's where crushing comes in handy. When you get down to 6 mg, crush the whole tablet to powder (like I described before). Evenly divide the entire pile into 4 equal piles of 2 mg. Set one 2 mg pile aside. Take another 2 mg pile and split it in half (giving you two piles of 1 mg). Add together the 2 mg pile + 1 mg pile = 3 mg. Take 3 mg am & 3 mg pm.

Of course, not having to crush would be ideal. The pill cutter I have could usually get pretty accurate pieces of 1 & 2 mg. Maybe get another cutter (to see if it works any better) so you don't have to worry about crushing for now.

Kat

hey all hope your enjoying your weekend!
    yesterday i dosed down to 6mg and i feel really good.. ive been working out and keep positive thoughts.
    hope to be stable at this dose for a bit.
    i will ask my doc for 2mg instead of the 8mg pills this way it will be easier to get more accurate amount for now.

kat hope your doing well...i will check your thread and say hi in case you dont see this!

michele

auburn girl is offline Member

Hey Michelle. I was working with the 8mg pills using a good pill cutter for a long time. Do you have one? When I got down to low doses I asked and got switched to the 2mg pills. Then I did the crushing just like Kat mentioned. I was scared to crush them but it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by auburn girl View Post
    Hey Michelle. I was working with the 8mg pills using a good pill cutter for a long time. Do you have one? When I got down to low doses I asked and got switched to the 2mg pills. Then I did the crushing just like Kat mentioned. I was scared to crush them but it worked.
    Hey Auburn girl
    for some reason my pill cutter aint the best...hoping to go to the doc tomm and get some 2 mg pills and make my life easier till ill have to crush because that sounds pretty time consuming.
    thanks for you advice i really appreciate it!
    michele

I was also going to add that getting a razor blade to cut your pills works well, too. You'd think the makers would have come up with a lower dose pill already, or something to make it a little easier to taper off this stuff. Let us know if you are able to get the 2mg!

I was also going to add that getting a razor blade to cut your pills works well, too. You'd think the makers would have come up with a lower dose pill already, or something to make it a little easier to taper off this stuff. Let us know if you are able to get the 2mg!
    Hey
    So I was at the tmj specialist today and he examined me and spoke to me and he then was like what do u want for pain and I of course said I'm ok used to the pain now. I was happy I didn't try to get anything from him.
    I really feel good these days I am on my 3rd day at 6mg and defiantly feel good and stable but think I will stay here a few more days. I don't want to rush this i want to do it correctly for me.
    I didn't end up getting to the sub doc today bc I had to take my daughter to the dentist.
    Tomm I will def go bc I don't want him to get upset at me I was supposed to go there last week so don't want him to think I'm up to no good or something.
    I'll talk to you later
    Thanks for checking in

They don't make a lower dose pill because they do not want anyone to taper off auburn. They want people to stay on subs rest there lives. The only thing they pharmacy companys are concerned about is money.

Alex

Hey
    So I was at the tmj specialist today and he examined me and spoke to me and he then was like what do u want for pain and I of course said I'm ok used to the pain now. I was happy I didn't try to get anything from him.
    I really feel good these days I am on my 3rd day at 6mg and defiantly feel good and stable but think I will stay here a few more days. I don't want to rush this i want to do it correctly for me.
    I didn't end up getting to the sub doc today bc I had to take my daughter to the dentist.
    Tomm I will def go bc I don't want him to get upset at me I was supposed to go there last week so don't want him to think I'm up to no good or something.
    I'll talk to you later
    Thanks for checking in
    Michelle good to read you are on day 3 at 6 mg and feeling well. I see where you are going to try to get your Dr to give you 2 mg pills. What dose does he think you are taking a day right now? Just asking because I was thinking you told him 16 mg a day. If so I guess tell him you would like to drop to 14 mg. Best of luck in getting the 2 mg pills as I know it will make it easier to taper down with the smaller pills to work with.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by alexnt View Post
    They don't make a lower dose pill because they do not want anyone to taper off auburn. They want people to stay on subs rest there lives. The only thing they pharmacy companys are concerned about is money.

Alex
    I know! Isn't that horrible?! Man, these people don't know (or they do and don't care) that it ruins people's lives to stay on this >>>> for so long. Seriously.

Hey all
    My doc if funny he gave me a script for 2 mg pills but for only 14 pills even though I told him o was taking 6 mg a day. I was honest with him bc I figured why not he never says anything bat tapering he is basically trying to get me back there next week to pay him another fee.
    I'm feeling very jittery and nervous can this be from the drop?
    I have been going thru some difficult stuff so not sure if that's what is causing it.
    Hope all is well with everyone
    Ttyl

Hey all
    My doc if funny he gave me a script for 2 mg pills but for only 14 pills even though I told him o was taking 6 mg a day. I was honest with him bc I figured why not he never says anything bat tapering he is basically trying to get me back there next week to pay him another fee.
    I'm feeling very jittery and nervous can this be from the drop?
    I have been going thru some difficult stuff so not sure if that's what is causing it.
    Hope all is well with everyone
    Ttyl
    When you last saw your Dr before today what did he write you a script for? Since you told him you were taking 6 mg a day if your last script was for more then 6 mg a day then he would know you have leftover from last script and that would be why he only gave you enough till you see him next week. As you taper down tell him you are taking 6 mg a day and not tapering so you can cut down time wise how many more times you need to see him. Sorry to see where you are feeling nervous today after you said yesterday you were doing well on day 3 at 6 mg. If you are going thru some difficult things right now then that may be the cause of it or maybe its from seeing your Dr today that you are feeling that way. Before you make your next drop make sure you are stable at 6 mg. Will talk to you later.

Alex

Alex
    Defintly could have been that or the fact that I have been to every dentist in last few days with my daughter because she needs a tooth pulled and won't let anyone do it. I was at the dentist with her also today and I have been very stressed over this. I defiantly will not drop till this tooth comes out which I pray will be fri.
    That's a great plan I will defiantly tell him I'm at 6mg even when I continue my drops. May I ask you how long you would stay at a dose...did you usually stay at the dose longer than 4 days?

Alex
    Defintly could have been that or the fact that I have been to every dentist in last few days with my daughter because she needs a tooth pulled and won't let anyone do it. I was at the dentist with her also today and I have been very stressed over this. I defiantly will not drop till this tooth comes out which I pray will be fri.
    That's a great plan I will defiantly tell him I'm at 6mg even when I continue my drops. May I ask you how long you would stay at a dose...did you usually stay at the dose longer than 4 days?
    Once I started tapering i spent 4 to 6 days at a dose. I know once i got down to 2 mg i did rest of my drops at 6 days. I somehow got it in my head that dropping every 6 days would make it easier when i jumped off. I never felt any of my drops and would feel stable after 4 days but went ahead and waited 2 more days before i would drop. I probably did not need to spend 6 days at each dose once i got to 2 mg but i did and it ended up working out well for me. This is just my opinion but if a person is tapering and something happens to them that is causing a lot of stress i think staying on a dose an extra day or two is a good idea. Hope the tooth problem is taken care of soon to relieve both your daughter and yourself. Talk with you later.

Alex

hey all so today im starting 4mg...havent dosed yet its 7 am now. Ive been on 6mg for about 6 days and im ready to make the drop. Hows everyone doing?
    the only complaint im having is getting very hot....my husband thinks I'm crazy bc im always very hot.
    hope ya'll are doing well and have a great weekend
    alex happy fathers day!
    michele

hey all so today im starting 4mg...havent dosed yet its 7 am now. Ive been on 6mg for about 6 days and im ready to make the drop. Hows everyone doing?
    the only complaint im having is getting very hot....my husband thinks I'm crazy bc im always very hot.
    hope ya'll are doing well and have a great weekend
    alex happy fathers day!
    michele
    Hi Michele,

Good to hear you're making another drop. A 25% drop from 6 mg is 4.5 mg (not 4 mg). It definitely makes a difference. Dropping more than 25% at a time will likely bring on symptoms. Don't rush it.

Hope you have a nice Sat!
    Kat

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast