Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree137Likes
Do i need to go through this process again?
    Catrina is offline Diamond Member

AND, I'm in Massachusetts but when I worked with Ira it was light years ago. I believe he originated in New York and may be back there by now. This was in my academic career if that connects.

Peace,

Cat

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanttobeclean View Post
    Kat now i know why your not around here as much these days, praying for your family. its not easy growing up and being in the real world dealing with real life. But look on the bright side your doing amazing with your taper..your almost at .25, wow thats amazing!

My sub doc i pay monthly, so at least that makes me feel a little better, your right i wont tell him about my tapper and try to get enough. The only thing i am afraid of is that he will get upset that im done with him and maybe i put my husband on the contact info and he will call him and rat on me.

Kat do you ever have cravings? My dealer was legit stalking me...yesterday i finally texted him, im done with those...he wrote back ok. Im sure he's majorly bummed out and i couldnt be more thrilled.
    i cant believe how i can finally sleep through the night. Kat when you were on 4 mg were you much more tired than you are now. Because i know you take melatonin to fall asleep, i'm nervous as i get my dose down ill have difficulty sleeping.
    Gotta start my workout....busy day with the kiddies and tomm first day of camp...kids out from 8:15 till 4:45..yay!!!

Have a great day all
    Michele,

Putting your hubby as an "emergency contact" on your medical forms doesn't mean your doc can give him info about your care. The only way he can speak to your hubby about your treatment is if you signed a waiver giving your doc permission to speak to him about your treatment. An "emergency contact" is not the same thing.

I'm proud of you for letting that guy know that you're done with pills. Good for you! Now, block his number and delete him from your contact list. No safety nets!

A lot of people seem to feel a bit more tired on the higher doses. I've felt consistently tired throughout my taper until I started taking a timed-release balanced B-100 complex (>> the regular B complex I was taking before that). It's not a cure-all but I definitely have more energy and don't feel exhausted all the time.

Do I have cravings? Oh yes....all the time. Some days I don't think about it much, but other days it's a nagging thought that won't go away. Once we have some solid clean time, those cravings will become less consistent and easier to deal with. Try not to worry too much about things that "may happen" -- like not being able to sleep well. I know, easier said than done! If you find that sleep becomes an issue at lower doses, melatonin is safe and effective. It's a Godsend for me, for now.

Talk soon,
    Kat
    Iwanttobeclean likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrina View Post
    AND, I'm in Massachusetts but when I worked with Ira it was light years ago. I believe he originated in New York and may be back there by now. This was in my academic career if that connects.

Cat
    Cat
    Thanks so much for the support. I tried to reply with quote on your first post but was too long my iPad was stalling.
    Thanks for making me feel a bit better on the Damin Mia issue. It's so interesting how you really form connections and make friends on these threads. My heart just went out to her because of her autistic son to be honest. But truth be told there is so much more to her story or anyone's that we state on this forum. When she said those people were gonna come after her for the 140 dollars I honestly would have sent her the money, but then I thought to myself lets say she uses it to buy more drugs...that would not be ok.

I never would think I would feel so open and comfortable here, but this is my outlet. I used to wake up at 3:30 am to start dosing on my DOC and always be checking my facebook and online shop. Now I wake up and first thing I do is run on the forum, every free chance I get I'm checking the forum. I really have to thank everyone here because if not for you guys i would never be doing as we'll as I am today. I still have ways to go but I'm aware of that.
    Enjoy your afternoon

Oh defiantly prob don't know him.....lots of Orthodox Jews named ira

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    Michele,

Putting your hubby as an "emergency contact" on your medical forms doesn't mean your doc can give him info about your care. The only way he can speak to your hubby about your treatment is if you signed a waiver giving your doc permission to speak to him about your treatment. An "emergency contact" is not the same thing.

I'm proud of you for letting that guy know that you're done with pills. Good for you! Now, block his number and delete him from your contact list. No safety nets!

A lot of people seem to feel a bit more tired on the higher doses. I've felt consistently tired throughout my taper until I started taking a timed-release balanced B-100 complex (>> the regular B complex I was taking before that). It's not a cure-all but I definitely have more energy and don't feel exhausted all the time.

Do I have cravings? Oh yes....all the time. Some days I don't think about it much, but other days it's a nagging thought that won't go away. Once we have some solid clean time, those cravings will become less consistent and easier to deal with. Try not to worry too much about things that "may happen" -- like not being able to sleep well. I know, easier said than done! If you find that sleep becomes an issue at lower doses, melatonin is safe and effective. It's a Godsend for me, for now.

Talk soon,
    Kat
    Kat thanks for the input and now I don't have to be scared he would eat me out. It's pretty sad I can't come clean to my husband, I live with a lot of guilt. The amount of lies and stealing and selling so much valuable stuff to pay for my addiction will torture me everyday. I honestly believe this thought will help me stay clean.

Went to cvs to pick up some hylands lrestful leg and so far no relief. Maybe it needs to kick in and hopefully I won't feel these leg spasms anymore. I need to order the time released vitamin b, lately getting tired during the day. It's great that I finally don't wake up at 3:30 am anymore. Since I started subs i have no prob getting to bed and sleep till 6 am.
    Ttyl

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Michele sorry to see the RLS is still there and hope the hylands does end up bringing you some relief. I would for sure not tell your Dr that you are tapering any further and just start building a stash while you taper on down. At least with the 2 mg pills it will be a bit simpler reducing your doses down. Best wishes as always and will talk to you later.

Alex

Tomm I'm going to 3mg...wish me luck!
    Good night
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Good luck! Easy peasy....

Good to see you are going to 3 mg Michele and I really believe you will be just fine with your drop.

Alex

Wow i cant believe how great i am feeling today, whoever said less is more was right!
    Hope i feel this good as i get lower and lower, cant wait!
    thanks everyone for your support!

when can i start dosing once a day, i feel like it would be easier with the cutting and measuring.

Wow i cant believe how great i am feeling today, whoever said less is more was right!

when can i start dosing once a day, i feel like it would be easier with the cutting and measuring.
    Hey Michele,

It's great to hear that you're feeling so well! I'm happy for ya. There's really no "set time" as to when you should start dosing once a day. Most people do that when they get down to 1 mg. However, you can start doing that now if it's more convenient for you.

Talk soon,
    Kat

Hey Michele,

It's great to hear that you're feeling so well! I'm happy for ya. There's really no "set time" as to when you should start dosing once a day. Most people do that when they get down to 1 mg. However, you can start doing that now if it's more convenient for you.

Talk soon,
    Kat
    Kat ill hold off then till I'm at around 1mg....hope everything is going good with you and your family I seed your not around as much as you used to be....hopefully just busy with meeting and your work. I'll check your thread now.
    Have a great day!

Michele good to see you are feeling fine at 3 mg. I never felt a single drop during my entire taper the 4 months I was on subs. As Kath pointed out to you there is no set time to start dosing just once a day. I did my entire taper dosing just once a day mainly I guess because I had to dose at a clinic my first 3 days on subs and it was once a day there so I just continued dosing once a day when I got them to write my script after 3 days. I usually took my dose around noon every day and I would be fine on mornings where I would go to work at 7 am. I never felt like I needed to dose before noon would get there and a few times I would forget to take my dose with me to work and would not take it till I got home around 3 and was fine. You are doing fine with your taper and after 6 weeks on subs are at a lower dose then I was after 6 weeks. I was not aware of the taper plan on here when I first started tapering and I just looked back and was taking 4.5 mg at the 6 week mark. Less is best when it comes to subs. Talk with you later

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by alexnt View Post
    Michele good to see you are feeling fine at 3 mg. I never felt a single drop during my entire taper the 4 months I was on subs. As Kath pointed out to you there is no set time to start dosing just once a day. I did my entire taper dosing just once a day mainly I guess because I had to dose at a clinic my first 3 days on subs and it was once a day there so I just continued dosing once a day when I got them to write my script after 3 days. I usually took my dose around noon every day and I would be fine on mornings where I would go to work at 7 am. I never felt like I needed to dose before noon would get there and a few times I would forget to take my dose with me to work and would not take it till I got home around 3 and was fine. You are doing fine with your taper and after 6 weeks on subs are at a lower dose then I was after 6 weeks. I was not aware of the taper plan on here when I first started tapering and I just looked back and was taking 4.5 mg at the 6 week mark. Less is best when it comes to subs. Talk with you later

Alex
    Alex I was scared like everyone to be dropping and I feel better Han ever. Defiantly have little issues like the restless leg, but nothing can stop me now. I want to get clean so bad and remember when I was saying my heart was beating fast and I felt blurry vision, well now that I dropped it hasn't been happening. Maybe I was taking a crazy amount of oxy that it was a side effect. Thanks for the encouragment.
    Have a happy 4th of July weekend!!!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Ha mean than not Han

Hey girl...

I'm glad to see that the blurry vision/rapid pulse has subsided now that you're at a lower dose! Any plans for the weekend? Sorry I haven't been posting as much as usual. Got a lot going on right now, but you guys are always in my thoughts.

Kat

Hey girl...

I'm glad to see that the blurry vision/rapid pulse has subsided now that you're at a lower dose! Any plans for the weekend? Sorry I haven't been posting as much as usual. Got a lot going on right now, but you guys are always in my thoughts.

Kat
    Kat
    I know everyone has busy lives and cant check in as much as they would like. I hope everything is getting a little better with your mil and they diagnosed her wrong. I always think thats maybe it was a bad dream, like my addiction and i would wake up and it would all be gone or better. We had a terrible tragedy this week a 17 yr old girl passed away of a brain tumor. I didnt know them very well but still cant get her out of my head. Such a scary world we live in!

Last night my Hubby and i went out for dinner, no other plans this weekend and today is yucky out so not sure they will have fireworks. What are your plans?
    Have a great july 4th and great weekend!
    michele

Rls today has been terrible, the hylands hasn't been helping. Not sure if the excersing is causing this but any suggestions on how to relieve the twitching and pain. I saw someone said gatorade helps?

Anonymous Guest

Hey. I have dealt with RLS in the past and unfortunately I have not found any relief from any certain remedy. gatorade and bananas will help MAYBE, but it will not relieve the RLS completely. I think that in our instances having RLS from opiate withdrawal it is a bit more extreme than most other RLS cases and therefore medications designed to treat don't necessarily work. This is just from my experience but everyone is different. Where I have not found any relief you may. I use Vicks vapor rub on my joints (back of the knee and maybe on your quads) and it actually helps me. It pretty much numbs your leg a bit and makes them feel like they are "breathing", if that makes sense. Vicks is a bit of a hassle though, a little messy, has to be uncovered. I have also heard that compression shorts or pants can help, the tighter the better. And obviously hydration and stretching are key.

Hope this helps! Sorry about your discomfort. I have broken bones and tore ligaments but there is NOTHING more annoying than RLS.

Rls today has been terrible, the hylands hasn't been helping. Not sure if the excersing is causing this but any suggestions on how to relieve the twitching and pain. I saw someone said gatorade helps?
    Gatorade and bananas and any foods with high amounts of potassium may be able to relieve some of your RLS Michele. I was fortunate as I never experienced any RLS during my taper or after I jumped either. I don't know if you are taking potassium pills but if you not I would begin taking them. Wish there was something else I could suggest to you but I can not think of anything else to relieve it. Perhaps it will ease up soon for you. Hope you had a nice 4th and will talk with you later

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoses View Post
    Hey. I have dealt with RLS in the past and unfortunately I have not found any relief from any certain remedy. gatorade and bananas will help MAYBE, but it will not relieve the RLS completely. I think that in our instances having RLS from opiate withdrawal it is a bit more extreme than most other RLS cases and therefore medications designed to treat don't necessarily work. This is just from my experience but everyone is different. Where I have not found any relief you may. I use Vicks vapor rub on my joints (back of the knee and maybe on your quads) and it actually helps me. It pretty much numbs your leg a bit and makes them feel like they are "breathing", if that makes sense. Vicks is a bit of a hassle though, a little messy, has to be uncovered. I have also heard that compression shorts or pants can help, the tighter the better. And obviously hydration and stretching are key.

Hope this helps! Sorry about your discomfort. I have broken bones and tore ligaments but there is NOTHING more annoying than RLS.
    J thanks for the advice... funny thing is yesterday i read abt the vicks and it helped the best out of anything. Then i made my husband massage it into my calves. I think the intense exercise is causing the rls to be worse. Not sure why you get rls from using oxy. Oh well ill have to suffer it out, but thanks for your help!
    hope your doing well and going strong!
    alexnt likes this.

Gatorade and bananas and any foods with high amounts of potassium may be able to relieve some of your RLS Michele. I was fortunate as I never experienced any RLS during my taper or after I jumped either. I don't know if you are taking potassium pills but if you not I would begin taking them. Wish there was something else I could suggest to you but I can not think of anything else to relieve it. Perhaps it will ease up soon for you. Hope you had a nice 4th and will talk with you later

Alex
    Alex i have been taking potassium and i also read magnesium helps relieve rls but noticed my vitamin was only 250mg and someone said take 1000 mg. So i just took two and figure ill take more later. My leg keeps twitching and the whole leg is just in alot of pain. Other than that i really cant complain about anything else, just some sweating. I am so happy that i decided to do this, when i crave i just think about how amazing my life has been in the past 5 weeks. I dont ever want to be that person i was when i was using. Bottom line is you cant get clean until your mentally and physically ready. You got to be in it to win it!
    thanks Alex i couldnt have gotten this far without you!
    tomm drop day i think its 2.25?
    alexnt likes this.

Michele google what causes RLS and you will see a lot of results there. In some cases it can be lack of iron in a persons blood. Also dopamine receptors being blocked can play a big part in RLS. I am not good at explaining medical terms but from what I have read in the past is when we are using drugs our brains do not produce the dopamine like it should. That is why I believe it is suggested to get extra exercise because it helps restore endorphins to our brain which I think has something to do with dopamine. Hopefully someone can explain it better then me because like I mentioned I am not good at medical terms. I don't understand all the medical terms. Anyway like I said google it and you will get a ton of results and might find something there that might be helpful to you. also you are correct on your drop to 2.25 as that will be a 25% drop. The next drop after that comes out to 1.6875 which is impossible to measure so you would round up to 1.75. You are doing great with your taper Michele and hopefully you can find something to ease up the RLS. Will talk to you later.

Alex

Hey girl...

If you want to consume a lot of potassium to try to combat the RLS, try pure coconut water. It has TONS of potassium in it. Potassium supplements only have 99 mg per tablet, which is only about 3% of the recommended daily amount. I get coconut water at local health food stores like Trader Joes, Sprouts, Fresh & Easy, etc. The one I buy contains 500 mg of potassium per 8 oz serving, and there's 4 servings per bottle. It's worth a try!

Hope you had a good weekend!
    Kat

Michele google what causes RLS and you will see a lot of results there. In some cases it can be lack of iron in a persons blood. Also dopamine receptors being blocked can play a big part in RLS. I am not good at explaining medical terms but from what I have read in the past is when we are using drugs our brains do not produce the dopamine like it should. That is why I believe it is suggested to get extra exercise because it helps restore endorphins to our brain which I think has something to do with dopamine. Hopefully someone can explain it better then me because like I mentioned I am not good at medical terms. I don't understand all the medical terms. Anyway like I said google it and you will get a ton of results and might find something there that might be helpful to you. also you are correct on your drop to 2.25 as that will be a 25% drop. The next drop after that comes out to 1.6875 which is impossible to measure so you would round up to 1.75. You are doing great with your taper Michele and hopefully you can find something to ease up the RLS. Will talk to you later.

Alex
    Alex you do know what your talking about, don't put yourself down your very knowledgeable on everything that i ask you have the right answers. I just took 1 mg and plan to make 1.25 later in the day ill see how my day goes. Im a bit nervous about the drop I've been feeling great. I have been exercising about 45 min everyday so i hope my endorphins get restored and dopamine. Its weird when i started the subs one night when i first took them i felt my head going crazy like pulsating and doing weird things i think it was the receptors getting the subs....does that sound weird? not sure if I'm crazy or could be true. Have a great day...ttyl
    Michele

Hey girl...

If you want to consume a lot of potassium to try to combat the RLS, try pure coconut water. It has TONS of potassium in it. Potassium supplements only have 99 mg per tablet, which is only about 3% of the recommended daily amount. I get coconut water at local health food stores like Trader Joes, Sprouts, Fresh & Easy, etc. The one I buy contains 500 mg of potassium per 8 oz serving, and there's 4 servings per bottle. It's worth a try!

Hope you had a good weekend!
    Kat
    Kat thanks for that info....is the coconut water any good because i dont like coconut. Ill pick some up at trader joes one of my favorite stores other than "tarjey". Why do they make potassium supplements with so little mg of it. Thats strange that they dont make 500mg pills. How was your july 4th? How are your meeting going?
    thats something i gotta get into this week. I gotta find some around here but not too close to my hood.
    have a great day ill be in touch....today was drop day...2.25 can u believe that???

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Hi Michele - Wanted to congratulate you on the drop to 2.25mg. That's great! I was there not too long ago and it doesn't take very long to get to the really low doses if that's what you intend on doing. Alex has been a great help to me also, and yes, he does know what he's speaking about!

Today is my 2nd day CLEAN and I reduced my doses by .25mg each time instead of the 25% commonly used by most here. I know the 25% plan works perfectly, and I'm certainly NOT berating it, but for ME ONLY it was much easier to reduce by .25mg increments. I started that when I was down to 3mg. Went from 3mg to 2.75 to 2.50 to 2.25 to 2 to 1.75 and so on until down to .25mg. I reduced that in half and jumped from .125mg. It took all those crazy fractions away for me. I'm NOT suggestiing you do it that way, just giving my experience. You will do just fine with Alex's help. You ARE doing fine!

Also wanted to comment about the potassium supplements. I'm not a fan of cocunut either and the RLS was driving me crazy. I take those supplements, and yes they are 99mg each. It was suggested by my doctor to try 3-4 of them daily and that definitely helped calm it down by a huge margin. I spread them out during the day and evening. If you do try that it's always best to check with your doctor to make certain it's safe for you. The coconut water is an excellent suggestion by the other member also! Just my thoughts on the matter and my own experience.

Congrats again, Michele. Hope you have an easy time as you continue to reduce.
    Iwanttobeclean and alexnt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Hi Michele - Wanted to congratulate you on the drop to 2.25mg. That's great! I was there not too long ago and it doesn't take very long to get to the really low doses if that's what you intend on doing. Alex has been a great help to me also, and yes, he does know what he's speaking about!

Today is my 2nd day CLEAN and I reduced my doses by .25mg each time instead of the 25% commonly used by most here. I know the 25% plan works perfectly, and I'm certainly NOT berating it, but for ME ONLY it was much easier to reduce by .25mg increments. I started that when I was down to 3mg. Went from 3mg to 2.75 to 2.50 to 2.25 to 2 to 1.75 and so on until down to .25mg. I reduced that in half and jumped from .125mg. It took all those crazy fractions away for me. I'm NOT suggestiing you do it that way, just giving my experience. You will do just fine with Alex's help. You ARE doing fine!

Also wanted to comment about the potassium supplements. I'm not a fan of cocunut either and the RLS was driving me crazy. I take those supplements, and yes they are 99mg each. It was suggested by my doctor to try 3-4 of them daily and that definitely helped calm it down by a huge margin. I spread them out during the day and evening. If you do try that it's always best to check with your doctor to make certain it's safe for you. The coconut water is an excellent suggestion by the other member also! Just my thoughts on the matter and my own experience.

Congrats again, Michele. Hope you have an easy time as you continue to reduce.
    Randy Congrats to you on Day 2 clean...thats amazing and so inspiring! I really appreciate your advice and i love hearing your experience. Everyone is different and you have to feel comfortable with your drops so for you the .25 mg drops were what you needed to do. I started at a very high dose, my doctor actually put me into precipitated withdrawal. It was on 5/20/14 that i started this journey and i had a rocky start but once i found this forum my journey has gone smooth. I cant believe how far i have come and how much better i feel emotionally and physically now. I literally probably almost died from the amount of oxy i was using. When i was just in the car i thought to myself that i never want to go back to that place again. I know feel good and confident and i just love it. Still not clean yet but i hope i will be soon. This drop has been great! hope your feeling good and I'm so proud of you Randy!
    michele
    Randy35 likes this.

Thank you, Michele. Hope you're doing great today. I'm very happy to hear how well you're feeling as you continue to reduce. The time from 3mg to 1mg and below went extremely quick for me it seemed. But I spent between 3-4 days on each dose. Anyway I really appreciate your comments and the support. That support is what makes the difference, and got me to day 3 clean. It will you also very soon! Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Thank you, Michele. Hope you're doing great today. I'm very happy to hear how well you're feeling as you continue to reduce. The time from 3mg to 1mg and below went extremely quick for me it seemed. But I spent between 3-4 days on each dose. Anyway I really appreciate your comments and the support. That support is what makes the difference, and got me to day 3 clean. It will you also very soon! Have a nice day!
    Randy35 that was so sweet and i honestly feel like we are all a family here. We get eachother and need one another to get thru this!

Your posts and all the others are what's supporting/pushing me along right now. I know If I hadn't gotten the courage to join and ask for help I would still be stuck at .25mg right now. I was not only able to taper lower, but finally get completely off which was the ultimate goal.

Hope you're doing well today. How long do you plan to remain on the 2.25mg? Have a nice evening.
    Iwanttobeclean and alexnt like this.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast