Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree137Likes
Do i need to go through this process again?
    Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Michele - You're really doing great! Congrats on the dose reduction! Nice to see an update from you. I'm really bad at updating my own thread. I check in with the intention of posting on my own thread, get to reading posts, and then comment to others and not my own. Lol.

For the EXACT reason you're having trouble splitting the correct dose is why I "altered" the 25% - 4 day plan to better help me get the correct dose. If you remember I told you I reduced by .25mg increments instead of the standard 25% and that worked VERY well. I went from 2mg to 1.75 to 1.50 to 1.25 to 1mg, then to .75 to .50 and finally to .25. I ended up reducing once more to .125mg which is half of .25mg and jumped.

I'm NOT against reducing by 25% as many here have had great success doing it that way. But I do think anything can be changed if it works, and if it makes sense to do so at the time. I'm NOT saying you should do as I did, but maybe give it a consideration? Some of my reductions were a bit more than 25%, but plenty of them were LESS than 25% too and overall I think that made up the difference. Bottom line is that I'm off and doing great!

I had pills at the time and they usually turned into powder when I was cutting them. Guess that's ok too and I have read where you can actually crush your dose into powder and take it that way. Might be the way to go for you?

Anyway congrats as you're getting there! Doesn't matter how right? Take care Michele!
    Iwanttobeclean likes this.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanttobeclean View Post
    Hey all i feel so bad that i haven't been posting lately, just kind of busy with stuff but i will start checking the boards more frequently.
    My tapper is still going strong!
    I feel great and i'm mentally where i think i should be. I have no cravings for my old life.
    I am such a happier more confident person now.
    My relationship with my husband is great and i dont have any secrets to keep from him.

Now to the negatives....my tapper is going great only problem is the measuring.
    I just cant quit get the measurements correct.
    Today i am starting .60 and i dont know really the right way to do so.
    I only have 8mg subs left so its kinda tricky.

Rose i feel horrible i didnt reply to you and Randy as well...You guys are AMAZING and i cant believe its been that long for you guys. Its truly inspiring to see how great your both doing.

Kath Congrats on your taper your truly a step away...thanks for thinking about me and guiding me through this. Hope things at home are getting easier i know you were caring for you MIL which defiantly is alot ffor someone to take up.

Alex im doing great and hope your enjoying your summer and getting to see gypsy. Thanks for always looking out for me i really appreciate it!

Have a great day everyone
    xoxoxo
    michele
    Michele I hope you have been able to measure your doses near to .6 and that you are feeling well. Looks like your last Dr visit left you just enough to taper down to .25 and dose there for 4 days and have 1 mg left which you can use for the skip days befor jumping off. Talk about cutting it close lol so don't misplace one of your remaining pills. You have done a really good job in going from a start of 22 mg to down to .6 in about 2 and 1/2 months. Finding the forums here and reading about how to taper off really is a blessing for a lot of us. I think about all the people out there who have been put on ridiculous high amounts of subs by clueless or greedy Drs and just don't know anything to do but follow there Drs instructions. I wish I was a really wealthy person sometimes and could afford to make a TV commercial on the major TV networks about sub use and guide them here. Best wishes to you as you taper on down and I will talk to you later.

Alex
    Ken2727 likes this.

Hope all is going well with the taper Michele and that your measuring the smaller doses is not causing you problems. Give us an update when you get a chance.

Alex

Hey Michele - Hope your hanging in there and still making that taper work for you. It's been about a week since you last updated here. Can you please give us a shout as Alex also asked and let everyone know how you're doing? Just making sure you're ok. Thanks!

Hey....Sorry i haven't been around much my kids are off and hectic here now.
    Everything is going great!
    My tapper is still going strong and i feel excellent.
    I'm at .50 now i kinda made my own number up at this point.
    It's getting close to the end and almost three months since i started my journey. Boy have i come far...My cravings are basically non existent. I know with them comes so many negatives that outweigh the slight high i may get from using.

Randy hows it going with you? How are things with the family going? im gonna check out your thread now. thanks for checking in on me and showing you care!

Alex how are you? Its hard to measure but i am doing the best i can. Im still taking the dose twice a day which i gotta stop. I just portion my dose in half and i figure at next drop i wont do that anymore.
    Have a fabulous weekend!

Michele
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Hey....Sorry i haven't been around much my kids are off and hectic here now.
    Everything is going great!
    My tapper is still going strong and i feel excellent.
    I'm at .50 now i kinda made my own number up at this point.
    It's getting close to the end and almost three months since i started my journey. Boy have i come far...My cravings are basically non existent. I know with them comes so many negatives that outweigh the slight high i may get from using.

Randy hows it going with you? How are things with the family going? im gonna check out your thread now. thanks for checking in on me and showing you care!

Alex how are you? Its hard to measure but i am doing the best i can. Im still taking the dose twice a day which i gotta stop. I just portion my dose in half and i figure at next drop i wont do that anymore.
    Have a fabulous weekend!

Michele
    Michele I think I misread an earlier post you made about having only 8 mg pills left. I thought you meant you only had 8 mg left to taper off with and that is why I posted to you about cutting it so close to running out of subs. Good to read your now at .5 and that your cravings are almost non existent now. keep us posted on how you are doing and I will talk to you later.

Alex
    Ken2727 likes this.

Hey all so I'm doing well yesterday I didn't dose and I feel ok....I was sweating a lot last night but other than that I slept which I was surprised about. I have been dealing with insane ringing in my ears and blurry vision for a while now, has anyone experienced this from sub use?

silverlining1 is offline Senior Member

Hi, Michele...

I have tinnitus, so I always have ringing.....however, I definitely noticed blurry vision when I was coming clean. I think I've read a couple other people relating the same. I wish I could remember how long it lasted, want to say it was several days......but it did pass.

Hey all so I'm doing well yesterday I didn't dose and I feel ok....I was sweating a lot last night but other than that I slept which I was surprised about. I have been dealing with insane ringing in my ears and blurry vision for a while now, has anyone experienced this from sub use?
    Michele I myself never had any blurry vision but I have seen others on here mention it and I think it usually goes away after a short while. You mentioned you did not dose yesterday and feel ok and that is good to read. Did you jump or are you on the skip days of the taper? Will talk with you later.

Alex

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Really? That's great! I thought you had another drop before doing skip days. Let us know how you're doing.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Hugs,
    Kat

Ok so after I posted that I dosed that am and then sun am and mon am then yest I didn't dose and I felt no symptoms so today I took a tiny peice I think I'm taking even less that .125 so my plan is tomm no dose then fri dose sat no and sun my final dose.

Kat how are you doing?
    I feel like we have all been so busy this summer....how's you mil?
    Keep in touch and stay strong!

Quote Originally Posted by alexnt View Post
    Michele I myself never had any blurry vision but I have seen others on here mention it and I think it usually goes away after a short while. You mentioned you did not dose yesterday and feel ok and that is good to read. Did you jump or are you on the skip days of the taper? Will talk with you later.

Alex
    Alex I hope it goes away soon it's a pain!
    I have a question abt the skipping days...how long should I do this for? When should I jump?
    Thanks hope your doing well and enjoying summer!

I have a question abt the skipping days...how long should I do this for? When should I jump?
    Hi Michele - I checked the sub plan by Robert just to be certain and copied it for you concerning how long to skip days. Here is how that part reads -

"After I reached .5mg, I began a process of skipping days. I would take a dose one day, then skip one day. Then dose again, and then skip two days. Then dose again, and then skip three days. Then dose again, and then skip four days. After four days clean I was finished. The half life has had time to catch up with itself".

That should help make it easier for you. Almost there aren't ya? Wow! Couple more days and that's it! It's so worth it! Proud of you Michele!

I forgot to add that Robert jumped from a dose of .50mg. You are much lower and may not require that many "skip" days. I'm not really sure on that Michele. Guess it's up to you and maybe you should just follow the plan? See what Alex thinks about it maybe. Or someone else.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-27-2014 at 06:28 AM.

Hey there. Personally, I think skip days are important. It seems that most people who follow Robert's recommended skip days have a softer landing.

Yep, it's been a very busy summer. I've been keeping my son pretty busy with swim lessons, outdoor Mommy & Me classes, Gymboree, and swimming at my in law's. The weather has been super nice this last week but is heating up like crazy.

Thanks for asking about my MIL. She's not doing so well. It been hard.

Hope you have a good day hun. Talk soon.

Hugs,
    Kat
    melindau and Iwanttobeclean like this.

Michele I see where Randy has copied Roberts plan as for how to do the skip days. Myself I did the skip days before I jumped. I jumped at around .18 or close to it. I went from .25 to around .18 and dosed at .18 for 6 days then I skipped 1 day and dosed. Then I skipped 2 days and dosed again. I don't remember now if I skipped 3 days then dosed again or if I jumped after the 2 day skip. At the end when we are down to very small doses and have not been on subs for a long period of time I believe at that point a lot of it becomes a mental battle. I was lucky that at the end of my taper that there were a couple of people who had just jumped and were getting along ok. Like Randy mentioned you might not need as many skip days that Robert had used. I guess just listen to your body now and see how you feel with the skip days. I know I have mentioned to a few people that if the skipping whole days seems a little overwhelming then maybe try just extra hours between doses before jumping. Example would be after a skip day when you dose instead of going 2 whole before next dose go with 1/2 days. When you do your first skip day you are going 48 hours between doses. so the next skip would have you going 72 hours between skips. Maybe go 60 hours between doses then go to 72 hrs between doses etc. The softest landing possible I think makes the odds better on not going back out there and having to go back to square one. Remember we have a disease and that disease wants us actively using again. Will talk with you later.

Alex
    Iwanttobeclean and Randy35 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Hi Michele - I checked the sub plan by Robert just to be certain and copied it for you concerning how long to skip days. Here is how that part reads -

"After I reached .5mg, I began a process of skipping days. I would take a dose one day, then skip one day. Then dose again, and then skip two days. Then dose again, and then skip three days. Then dose again, and then skip four days. After four days clean I was finished. The half life has had time to catch up with itself".

That should help make it easier for you. Almost there aren't ya? Wow! Couple more days and that's it! It's so worth it! Proud of you Michele!

I forgot to add that Robert jumped from a dose of .50mg. You are much lower and may not require that many "skip" days. I'm not really sure on that Michele. Guess it's up to you and maybe you should just follow the plan? See what Alex thinks about it maybe. Or someone else.
    Randy thanks so much for posting this and helping me through this. So i dosed on wed and then thurs i didn't dose and was supposed to skip fri as well but friday i wasn't feeling great. I was feeling very weak and i tried drinking alot and having some powerade until i finally decided to dose around 4 pm. I had dosed wed am but i was supposed to skip 2 days which didn't fully happen. I literally took a tiny little nothing piece and felt better. I can't believe how powerful this drug is. Such a small piece helps. Funny how it was the opposite with the oxy i could never take enough.

Thanks everyone for your help!
    I'm almost there....defiantly have trouble sleeping through the night...sneezing lots other than that cant complain.
    have a great day!

Get right back at it and start the skip days over again. Have to REALLY want it Michele. It will be a fight to the end. You CAN do this. Yes the sub is very powerful. But this is such a mental game too!

Randy
    I def really want this. I want more than anything to get over this and not have this silly symptoms control me.
    The sneezing for me is one of the worst not sure why that happens.
    I was just feeling faint so decided to take the tiniest crumb. I don't plan to take my next dose till mon and then skip 3 days for my final and last dose.
    I know Alex you said you had a very easy jump....did you by any chance feel any symptoms?
    I also do have blurry vision and ringing in my ears.
    I tried to work out today and I could barely do anything....I feel exhausted.

I just saw Johndoses got banned...does anyone know why?
    Not sure what it takes to get banned...lately been seeing a couple of those

Feeling horrible now....not sure why since I did dose yest at 4

Feeling horrible now....not sure why since I did dose yest at 4
    I'm sorry you aren't feeling well Michele. I was hoping the symptoms would be improving. I think that maybe the cause is becausee you are use to having some sub built up in your system. That keeps you feeling "normal" and you don't have much trouble. But as you began the skip days the half life of the sub is leaving your system so you have less and less sub in your system to keep you at the level you previously were at. In other words you have quite a bit less sub in you now than you have had. You are dealing with the result of that now in the way of symptoms.

What symptoms are you having right now? Are you drinking LOTS of fluids and getting out of the house and at least walking or another form of exercise? And hopefully you are getting some vitamins and supplements in you to help fight off those symptoms.

Just gonna have to let it run it's course. No magic cure for this I'm afraid. A little time will make a huge difference in the way you feel. I felt really lousy that first week after jumping, but each day had me feeling better and better after that. Stick with your plan as best you can. I'm really hoping the best for you Michele. Take care.

Randy thats so sweet of you i really appreciate it!
    Yesterday morning i tried to work out like i do everyday and i could tell something was not right. I usually do a hour on the elliptical and yest i could barely do 20 min. I did drink alot i know thats very important to help me get through this. I do think that the prob is my measuring wasn't perfect and i know i tried to take less than more so can that be the prob?
    Trying to get through this....today feeling a bit better im gonna attempt my usually morning routine and drink lots of fluids.
    Im so close yet feel so far!
    I still have the ringing in ears and blurry vision, thats one of the things i cant wait till it goes away.
    Im praying this is all over soon and i can say i have done it like you.
    Randy your awesome....have the best day. Any plans?

Michele

Hey Michele,

I got that blurry vision thing, too. Really annoying. So you're on your second day of a 3-day skip, right? Keep doing what you're doing: exercise, lots of water, eat well. I've been making myself go on 2 walks a day with my son, then I go alone in the evening (when it's cooled off) and do one of those fast-paced, half jogging numbers..lol. My body still feels super weak, but I think I'm reaching a turning point. I woke up today with less hot/cold flashes, no RLS, and less achy. Yay! Today is day 11.

Hang in there! Hugs...
    Kat

Randy
    I def really want this. I want more than anything to get over this and not have this silly symptoms control me.
    The sneezing for me is one of the worst not sure why that happens.
    I was just feeling faint so decided to take the tiniest crumb. I don't plan to take my next dose till mon and then skip 3 days for my final and last dose.
    I know Alex you said you had a very easy jump....did you by any chance feel any symptoms?
    I also do have blurry vision and ringing in my ears.
    I tried to work out today and I could barely do anything....I feel exhausted.
    When I jumped I had the sneezes for 2 or 3 days and I did have some lack of energy or lack of motivation. I did not know if it was from jumping off the subs or if it was my age. I was 57 when I jumped so maybe it was a combination of age and jumping. Sorry to see where you are still having the blurry vision and hope it clears up soon for you. Hang in there it will get better

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    Hey Michele,

I got that blurry vision thing, too. Really annoying. So you're on your second day of a 3-day skip, right? Keep doing what you're doing: exercise, lots of water, eat well. I've been making myself go on 2 walks a day with my son, then I go alone in the evening (when it's cooled off) and do one of those fast-paced, half jogging numbers..lol. My body still feels super weak, but I think I'm reaching a turning point. I woke up today with less hot/cold flashes, no RLS, and less achy. Yay! Today is day 11.

Hang in there! Hugs...
    Kat
    Congrats Kat Today makes it Day 12 for you!!!!
    Thats amazing i am soo happy for you and proud of you!
    I am sure you feel better than ever!
    The good defiantly comes along with the bad and that i hope will go away soon. The blurry vision thing is the worst for me when i wake up...how abt you?
    I havent been sneezing as much as i was but i have a runny nose.
    My RLS went away a few weeks ago which im suprised hasnt come back.
    Exercising is defiantly the best thing for us. Trying to drink water which i dont enjoy.

Kat keep going strong so happy for you!
    Have a great day!

hey all i don't know whats wrong with me!
    My TMJ is defiantly acting up and the right side of my mouth and check is super sore, but i have insane ringing in my ears and blurry vision is terrible. My head is hurting and i have been taking advil every 4 hrs with no help.
    Im not sure if this is withdrawal or its really just my TMJ.
    I am not taking anymore subs unless i really need too!
    I really hope its the TMJ causing all this, i did eat some chewy candy last night.
    this blurry vision is the worst i feel like i am literally hallucinating...i pray this can end sooner than later!
    hope everyone is doing well!

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    I'm sorry you aren't feeling well Michele. I was hoping the symptoms would be improving. I think that maybe the cause is becausee you are use to having some sub built up in your system. That keeps you feeling "normal" and you don't have much trouble. But as you began the skip days the half life of the sub is leaving your system so you have less and less sub in your system to keep you at the level you previously were at. In other words you have quite a bit less sub in you now than you have had. You are dealing with the result of that now in the way of symptoms.

What symptoms are you having right now? Are you drinking LOTS of fluids and getting out of the house and at least walking or another form of exercise? And hopefully you are getting some vitamins and supplements in you to help fight off those symptoms.

Just gonna have to let it run it's course. No magic cure for this I'm afraid. A little time will make a huge difference in the way you feel. I felt really lousy that first week after jumping, but each day had me feeling better and better after that. Stick with your plan as best you can. I'm really hoping the best for you Michele. Take care.
    Randy thanks for the support I really love having your support.
    Sat I had to take the tiniest crumb and since haven't had any.
    I'm feeling pretty good other then the blurry vision ringing in ears....did you get that when you jumped?
    How was your weekend?
    Randy35 likes this.

silverlining1 is offline Senior Member

Michele....

I did a short term taper off subs.....but, it took 3 times, so my body was used to subs....in fact, at one time, I was on them for 2 months......I know it's not the same, but, yes, I had the blurry vision for about 2 weeks....not all the time, but enough for me to think I ruined my eyes. As far as the ringing.....I always have that, but it was more pronounced when I was getting clean.

Don't know anything about TMJ, other than it can be painful.

Hang in there, but, maybe the hard candy did irritate you.

You are doing so well.

Hey Silverlining...love your name bc going thru all this there defiantly is a Silverlining!
    Thanks for helping me here...going through a rough patch with this blurry vision.
    I'm gonna read your thread now...thnks for the support

Randy thanks for the support I really love having your support.
    Sat I had to take the tiniest crumb and since haven't had any.
    I'm feeling pretty good other then the blurry vision ringing in ears....did you get that when you jumped?
    How was your weekend?
    Hey Michele - Sorry I have been missing the last few days. Just been extremely busy enjoying life. Went to the lake with friends, then had a BBQ with neighbors last night. A small group of them got off by themselves and i went over to see what they were doing like a nosey >>>> that I am. Lol. Of course they were passing out pills and asked if I need some percs. GREAT. But I was very proud of myself because without one second's thought I said - "no thank you guys, I've had problems with narcotics in the past so I can never take another one again". I got the "you sissy's" from a couple of the guys, but a few ladies told me that showed strength and courage. I told them I didn't need any mind alering substances to have fun anymore. Yes, I was very proud of myself for walking away.

I'm so sorry to hear you are struggling. Wish I could make it all better for you. I did get a bit of blurry vision, but didn't get any ringing in the ears that I remember. Has to be very annoying.

Please don't feel horrible that you had to take a tiny piece of sub. Truth is we are all here doing whatever and you are the one having trouble. We don't really know how you're feeling, but YOU sure do! If you felt the need to take a small dose then I'm quite certain it was needed. I really have no answers as to why you seem to be having so many issues right now. I had about a week after I jumped of what I would call "getting me down in the dumps" type symptoms that were very troublesome, but they did pass and I kept feeling better each day after that week.

I went back and re-read most of your thread trying to come up with a plan for you. I want you to experience the same kind of joy that I and others have had once off the sub, or down to the very low doses. I honestly think if it were me in your shoes right now I would go back on a dose of around .25mg and start a new taper. I would taper VERY slow this time, and get down as low as you possibly can. Even if you have to take 1-2 weeks between doses it might be worth it. I don't think you are getting anywhere right now Michele to be honest. If you feel you can get this done the way you are then by all means go for it and I will give you all the help and support I can.

What do you think about getting back on .25mg and doing the taper, and definitely skipping days over again? I just think you are having above normal symptoms right now. You didn't do anything wrong either so please don't think that. Or maybe you could start at .125mg and slowly taper and skip from there?

My thinking is you need to get back on a bit of sub to get your mind and body "right" again and then try to get off with a real slow taper. Of course I'm reaching a bit, but I really think that's what I would do myself. Give it some thought ok. Sure hope you feel better soon. Can't be feeling this way much longer I would think. I know it sux and hope this turns around for you real soon. Take care and thanks for the very kind comments. I really appreciate you saying them!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast