Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Like Tree137Likes
Do i need to go through this process again?

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Hey Michele - Sorry I have been missing the last few days. Just been extremely busy enjoying life. Went to the lake with friends, then had a BBQ with neighbors last night. A small group of them got off by themselves and i went over to see what they were doing like a nosey >>>> that I am. Lol. Of course they were passing out pills and asked if I need some percs. GREAT. But I was very proud of myself because without one second's thought I said - "no thank you guys, I've had problems with narcotics in the past so I can never take another one again". I got the "you sissy's" from a couple of the guys, but a few ladies told me that showed strength and courage. I told them I didn't need any mind alering substances to have fun anymore. Yes, I was very proud of myself for walking away.

I'm so sorry to hear you are struggling. Wish I could make it all better for you. I did get a bit of blurry vision, but didn't get any ringing in the ears that I remember. Has to be very annoying.

Please don't feel horrible that you had to take a tiny piece of sub. Truth is we are all here doing whatever and you are the one having trouble. We don't really know how you're feeling, but YOU sure do! If you felt the need to take a small dose then I'm quite certain it was needed. I really have no answers as to why you seem to be having so many issues right now. I had about a week after I jumped of what I would call "getting me down in the dumps" type symptoms that were very troublesome, but they did pass and I kept feeling better each day after that week.

I went back and re-read most of your thread trying to come up with a plan for you. I want you to experience the same kind of joy that I and others have had once off the sub, or down to the very low doses. I honestly think if it were me in your shoes right now I would go back on a dose of around .25mg and start a new taper. I would taper VERY slow this time, and get down as low as you possibly can. Even if you have to take 1-2 weeks between doses it might be worth it. I don't think you are getting anywhere right now Michele to be honest. If you feel you can get this done the way you are then by all means go for it and I will give you all the help and support I can.

What do you think about getting back on .25mg and doing the taper, and definitely skipping days over again? I just think you are having above normal symptoms right now. You didn't do anything wrong either so please don't think that. Or maybe you could start at .125mg and slowly taper and skip from there?

My thinking is you need to get back on a bit of sub to get your mind and body "right" again and then try to get off with a real slow taper. Of course I'm reaching a bit, but I really think that's what I would do myself. Give it some thought ok. Sure hope you feel better soon. Can't be feeling this way much longer I would think. I know it sux and hope this turns around for you real soon. Take care and thanks for the very kind comments. I really appreciate you saying them!
    Randy I'm so proud of you for turning them down on the narcos....just think for future if its safe to be in that situation again and I know how bad we want this for ourselves but I doubt I could be as strong as you.

I woke up this morning feeling a bit better, I wore my mouth guard so haven't had blurry vision yet. Still have the ringing in my ears.
    I'm going to hold off on more subs and see how the day goes but RAndy thanks for taking the time to even reread my thread.
    Be in touch
    Michele
    Randy35 and Catherine120813 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    Hey there. Personally, I think skip days are important. It seems that most people who follow Robert's recommended skip days have a softer landing.

Yep, it's been a very busy summer. I've been keeping my son pretty busy with swim lessons, outdoor Mommy & Me classes, Gymboree, and swimming at my in law's. The weather has been super nice this last week but is heating up like crazy.

Thanks for asking about my MIL. She's not doing so well. It been hard.

Hope you have a good day hun. Talk soon.

Hugs,
    Kat
    Kat i wanted your opinion on this one because i know you said skipping days is super important.
    So sat i doses a tiny tiny itsy bitsy crumb and before i skipped 2 days so from sat to today is skipping 3 days.
    I feel good do you think i should take any today or just stop the subs all tog?

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

I based my previous post on you not feeling so well and needing to take that tiny piece on sat. But if you are now feeling good and have 3 days clean then I would forget what I said earlier and consider yourself finished! I wanted to make sure you understood I was going by one of your earlier posts that you were having some issues. I personally can't see any reason to take another dose of sub again. Wait and see what Kat says. I'm not trying to answer for her, just explaining my previous post. Have a great day Michele!

I based my previous post on you not feeling so well and needing to take that tiny piece on sat. But if you are now feeling good and have 3 days clean then I would forget what I said earlier and consider yourself finished! I wanted to make sure you understood I was going by one of your earlier posts that you were having some issues. I personally can't see any reason to take another dose of sub again. Wait and see what Kat says. I'm not trying to answer for her, just explaining my previous post. Have a great day Michele!
    Randy i value your opinion as well i think its more a mental game at this point!
    The right side of my head feels like its pulsating insanely and causes me to have blurry vision. But i do remember when i first started the subs one night i literally felt my brain pulsing and i really felt the neurotransmitters absorbing the subs it was the weirdest feeling i have ever had.
    I just want to feel normal again.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanttobeclean View Post
    Kat i wanted your opinion on this one because i know you said skipping days is super important.
    So sat i doses a tiny tiny itsy bitsy crumb and before i skipped 2 days so from sat to today is skipping 3 days.
    I feel good do you think i should take any today or just stop the subs all tog?
    Hey hun...

The only reason to take one more dose would be to complete the recommended skip days by Robert. After 3 days, he said to dose one last time, then you're done. However, if you feel good and think you don't need to, that's great!

Totally up to you. Do what you feel is right for you.
    Kat
    alexnt, Randy35 and Iwanttobeclean like this.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Michele I agree with Randy and Kath both about taking one last dose. You posted that you last dosed on Saturday and it is now 1 30 am on Wed so I would just see how you are feeling and decide if you want to take 1 last dose or skip it. Thinking back I believe I did take 1 last dose after skipping 3 days just because Roberts taper plan mentioned it. I hope your blurredAlex vision clears up soon which I am sure it will sooner or later because I figure it is annoying. Post and let us know how you are doing. Best wishes to you and will talk to you later.
    Iwanttobeclean and Randy35 like this.

Thanks all for your advice and as of now its 6:15 am and im feeling good on Day 4.
    I dont think i need to take the last dose but i hope this wont catch up with me.
    i will check in soon and let everyone know how i am doing.
    Have a great day!

Thanks all for your advice and as of now its 6:15 am and im feeling good on Day 4.
    I dont think i need to take the last dose but i hope this wont catch up with me.
    i will check in soon and let everyone know how i am doing.
    Have a great day!
    Well ok then - lets say it - Michele is CLEAN!!! You are 4 days CLEAN!!! You have done it!!! You have beaten the BEAST!!! Your screen name reads - "Iwanttobeclean" - we can change that name to - I AM CLEAN!!!

I hope you are still feeling good. You should be feeling great! You could have a few days where symptoms may show themselves, but they won't be that bad, and I know you can get past it. They WILL pass given a little time. You will feel better and better as the days go by. You are headed for your first WEEK clean! How cool is that! Try to stay real busy while drinking plenty of fluids. Eat some protein and take vitamins and supplements if you are so inclined. They will help. What will help the most is TIME.

Proud of you Michele and you really should be very proud of yourself. Your post to me on my thread was awesome. I give the same words right back to you! I'm so excited for you! I hope you take advantage of the work you have put in by enjoying your newfound freedom, and NEVER taking another pill. Maybe check out a meeting to help KEEP yourself on track. It WILL make a difference.

Well ok then - lets say it - Michele is CLEAN!!! You are 4 days CLEAN!!! You have done it!!! You have beaten the BEAST!!! Your screen name reads - "Iwanttobeclean" - we can change that name to - I AM CLEAN!!!

I hope you are still feeling good. You should be feeling great! You could have a few days where symptoms may show themselves, but they won't be that bad, and I know you can get past it. They WILL pass given a little time. You will feel better and better as the days go by. You are headed for your first WEEK clean! How cool is that! Try to stay real busy while drinking plenty of fluids. Eat some protein and take vitamins and supplements if you are so inclined. They will help. What will help the most is TIME.

Proud of you Michele and you really should be very proud of yourself. Your post to me on my thread was awesome. I give the same words right back to you! I'm so excited for you! I hope you take advantage of the work you have put in by enjoying your newfound freedom, and NEVER taking another pill. Maybe check out a meeting to help KEEP yourself on track. It WILL make a difference.
    Thanks so much!
    I really hope I'm one of the lucky ones and no symptoms will creep up on me and blindside me. Not sure how i would be able to handle that right now with this heat.
    Hope i have a easy jump like Alex had.
    Hope your celebrating today 60 days is FABULOUS!
    cant wait till im there and u will be at 120 then...go US!
    great to be going through this with all you guys i couldnt do it without you.

Getting the chills now....im kinda scared but i keep telling myself its the air conditioner.
    Head feels a bit weird i took advil hope it doesn't get worse

The advil did the trick still crossing my fingers!

The advil did the trick still crossing my fingers!
    Glad to hear the advil helped Michele. Keep fighting any symptoms. Stay strong ok. This will be as much a mental battle as it will a physical one. You got this!
    alexnt and Iwanttobeclean like this.

Michele like Randy said this will be as much a mental battle as a physical one. if you were going to have any sort of problems they would have occurred already if they were going to bad ones. Since you tapered to a very low amount and skipped days were included my guess is you will have minimal discomfort now. Some lack of energy is normal and some people go thru some body temp fluctuation when they first jump. If you have some discomfort just compare that discomfort to what you would feel like if you did a CT off of percs/oxy and I bet that you will agree that its not nearly as bad as that would be. if I remember right you were taking large amounts of oxy before you started subs and I would guess that you know what it feels like to be dope sick from running out or low of oxy. So if you feel a little rough the next few days by chance just compare it to how you would feel if you CT off of oxy. You did a great job with your taper and you should be proud of yourself Michele. I am really happy for you and wish you the very best.

Alex
    Iwanttobeclean likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by alexnt View Post
    Michele like Randy said this will be as much a mental battle as a physical one. if you were going to have any sort of problems they would have occurred already if they were going to bad ones. Since you tapered to a very low amount and skipped days were included my guess is you will have minimal discomfort now. Some lack of energy is normal and some people go thru some body temp fluctuation when they first jump. If you have some discomfort just compare that discomfort to what you would feel like if you did a CT off of percs/oxy and I bet that you will agree that its not nearly as bad as that would be. if I remember right you were taking large amounts of oxy before you started subs and I would guess that you know what it feels like to be dope sick from running out or low of oxy. So if you feel a little rough the next few days by chance just compare it to how you would feel if you CT off of oxy. You did a great job with your taper and you should be proud of yourself Michele. I am really happy for you and wish you the very best.

Alex
    Thanks so much Alex...im prroud of myself too!
    Your totally right, if i think about the times i ran out of percs it was the worst feeling in the world.
    Today i woke up feeling pretty good and the best thing is this blurry vision is starting to go away. That was the worst symptom i have had from the subs.
    Stomach a little twisted but can be from woman issues too.
    Only complaint i have is poor sleep, but ill take that any day to be symptom free.
    Anything other than melatonin that i can take for sleep? Im taking 5mg melatonin and doesn't help me anymore.
    Im still sneezing....usually its 3 in a row.
    Thanks for the support Alex!!!
    Have a great day!

Michele

Your totally right, if i think about the times i ran out of percs it was the worst feeling in the world.
    Today i woke up feeling pretty good and the best thing is this blurry vision is starting to go away. That was the worst symptom i have had from the subs.
    Only complaint i have is poor sleep, but ill take that any day to be symptom free.
    Anything other than melatonin that i can take for sleep? Im taking 5mg melatonin and doesn't help me anymore.
    Have a great day!

Michele
    Congrats on day 5 my friend!! Doesn't it feel great to be free? I'm really proud of you.

I have to ditto what Randy said: check out some meetings (women's meetings are awesome!). You won't be sorry. There's nothing more comforting than having that face to face support.

Hope you have a good day. Talk soon.
    Kat

bg1007 is offline Member

Benadryl and OTC sleeping pills have helped me fall asleep! I se to still wake up multiple times a night but then fall back to sleep which ill take over the horror stories of people getting no sleep at all!! Glad your blurry vision is getting a bit better and hope your pulsing ear is too, mine has been a bit better lately so I'm hopeful getting off these meds is the answer congrats on day 5!

Have a great day!

Michele
    Michele good to see that the blurry vision is clearing up for you. I remember the sneezing after I jumped but it did not last that long as was more of a nuisance then anything else. As for the sleep that is one of the last things for us that get back to normal. I did not have sleep issues myself because I have been prescribed trazodone for insomnia for about 10 years now so I never went thru any sleep issues. It is non narcotic but you have to have a Dr prescribe it to you. It is actually an anti depressant but I was prescribed it by a Dr for insomnia. I am not suggesting you call your Dr and ask that it be prescribed to you but just pointing out why I did not have sleep issues. I know some people here mention drinking sleep time tea I think its called to help them with sleep. Will talk to you later.

Alex

Day 6 and im feeling really good.
    Getting much more done now and not so anxious anymore.
    This is truly what i wanted and that is why we succeed. We can only do it because we really want too.
    I'm not going to lie and say i dont dream about the days i took one perc and i felt amazing. But then i think to myself what it lead to and i know i will never make the mistake again to try just one, because it never ends at just one.
    I am sneezing as i write this....i guess im sneezing on the truth!
    Hope everyone is having a great day!

Congrats on 10 days girl!!

Hope things are well. Give us an update when you can.

Hugs,
    Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    Congrats on 10 days girl!!

Hope things are well. Give us an update when you can.

Hugs,
    Kat
    Thanks Kat!
    I'm doing pretty well, but of course having some issues. I find myself to be tired all day long to the point where i am having trouble functioning. I also have been getting headaches alot which i am sure has to do with stopping the subs.
    I have trouble falling asleep and twist and turn all night. Other than these issues i am happy as can be and thrilled to be Sober!
    I did find a stash of my husbands and funny how i could have gobbled some and i totally just walked away and havent looked back. My life seems so much less complicated now that i am not using. Relationships and life is just going much smoother and i LOVE IT!!
    Kat how are you doing? Did the blurry vision go away? I still got ringing in my ears which is a pain!
    We are all going strong and doing this tog....thanks for everything!
    Michele

Michele - It took me about 2 weeks after my last dose of sub to really be feeling good and sleeping better. After those 2 weeks I began to REALLY feel great! Just hang in there and give it a few more days. I'm certain you will begin enjoying your new found freedom by experiencing less symptoms.. You're almost at 2 weeks. I bet in a couple more days you will be telling us how great you feel. A little TIME makes all the difference!
    Iwanttobeclean and alexnt like this.

bg1007 is offline Member

I hope that you get feeling better soon you're doing so great and to turn down that stash you should be so proud !! We will all get through this and tell our success stories one day
    alexnt likes this.

Thanks Kat!
    I'm doing pretty well, but of course having some issues. I find myself to be tired all day long to the point where i am having trouble functioning. I also have been getting headaches alot which i am sure has to do with stopping the subs.
    I have trouble falling asleep and twist and turn all night. Other than these issues i am happy as can be and thrilled to be Sober!
    I did find a stash of my husbands and funny how i could have gobbled some and i totally just walked away and havent looked back. My life seems so much less complicated now that i am not using. Relationships and life is just going much smoother and i LOVE IT!!
    Kat how are you doing? Did the blurry vision go away? I still got ringing in my ears which is a pain!
    We are all going strong and doing this tog....thanks for everything!
    Michele
    Michele you found your hubs stash and walked away from it. Great job there on doing that. I am thankful that something like that did not happen to me 10 days after i had jumped off. 10 days after i jumped off if i had wanted to do pills i could have picked up the phone and found something i am sure but i wanted to stay clean so i never did do that. But if i had come across a stash i had forgotten about and actually had them in front of me i don't know if i would have been able to do what you did. I like to think i would have but who knows. Of course lol i do not think i ever had a stash i forgot about. Misplaced yes but forgot about no. Your issues of low energy and trouble sleeping are very common issues when people first jump off. They get better Michele it just takes a little time.

Alex

bg1007 is offline Member

How are you doing ?? Hope you're symptoms and energy are getting better!

Hey Michele,

Yep, the blurry vision is gone. All physical stuff has subsided, just dealing with similar issues as you: sleep problems plus some anxiety and the "blues". But I feel a tad better each day. Last night I took 10 mg melatonin because I was so desperate to sleep for more than a couple hours at a time. It knocked me out for 6 hours! That was so needed. My energy levels are low but I'm taking lots of energy supplements, so that helps.

Hope you're well today. Talk to you soon, girl.

Hugs,
    Kat

moor55 is offline New Member

That's good. There progress it what you're doing. Hope you feel better. You may also gain energy from food and exercise.

Thanks everyone I'm feeling much better and my head is so much clearer...only thing knocking me down is the damn ringing in my ears...it's bugging me out.
    Exercising has been a big help and I'm finally getting my life back and loving it.
    Can I drink a glass of wine yet? I was scared to drink when using...now want to make sure my head can handle it.
    Have a great weekend everyone!

I'm so happy for you, Michele, and so darn proud of you for hanging in there when things got a bit rough. As I mentioned earlier a little TIME makes all the difference in how you will be feeling. Give it a bit more time and that ringing should settle down, and your sleep will return to what it was before.

I know how it feels to experience things being much clearer as you say, and that is awesome! But for me the absolute BEST part of being clean is waking up every morning and NOT having to worry about taking any kind of pills OR sub any longer. That to ME is the very best part of this. I spend my days working and staying busy, and drugs never enter my mind any longer. It's so cool!

If I have it right TODAY you have been clean 2 WEEKS!!! Today marks 14 days you have beaten the BEAST!!! Way to go girl! Really am proud of you!!!

Thanks Randy.....yes 2 weeks clean...how crazy???
    I am so happy and proud of myself...and defiantly would be here without the help and support of everyone here!
    IF I can do it anyone can...I was at 600mg of oxy a day, I prob would have died had I not stopped and didn't get help. So if you think you can't do it you can and we are all here to help anyone who need help!
    Thanks Randy
    Have the best day!
    Randy35 likes this.

Hey Michele - Checking to see how you're feeling and if that nasty ringing in your ears has let up any? I sure hope it has. Give an update when you get a free minute. Hope you're having a GREAT day!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast