Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By ghostrc
  • 1 Post By ghostrc
  • 1 Post By 7fourteen
it does get better, never give up
    ghostrc is offline Member

Default it does get better, never give up

I just wanted to recap, this weeks been hell but at the same time i'm on day 8, something i never thought >> be able to say. It hard really hard i've had ups and downs and everything in-between but its day eight, i didn't die (even if i thought i was) i know i'm no where near done, detox like they say is the easy part staying clean is the hard part. I find it amazing how fast our brain lets us forgot the hell of detox and convinces us to use again, addiction is no joke. i learnt this week theres no easy fix no one thing will take away the pain only temporary bandaids, we all must pay the piper for our choices. I learnt a lot about who i am from the countless hours of no sleep and it scared me to the point i had a break down, but i'm ok with all of this because i'm free, i just have to stay free! God bless everyone who stuck by my on this site, so if your starting to taper or jump please don't give up, there is a light at the end of this dark tunnel, the one thing i will recommend is get out of your head do something anything don't obsess , i drove my self nuts constantly thinking and researching this stuff searching for any type of magic relief, lots of stuff helps a bit, but no cure all, which is like how our society is now "instant gratification" stay strong ...... solider on
    UncleLeo, Ming23 and 7fourteen like this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Ghost!
    Perspective is a beautiful thing! Proud of you!

ghostrc is offline Member

don't like to admit this but I was tearing up a bit when I wrote that. thanks ming23 don't know the last time someone's been proud of me that felt really nice thank you
    7fourteen likes this.

Gonnawin is offline Member

Congrats ghost, so glad you finally turned that corner. Sleep is so precious in these times and I'm glad you finally got some. Nowhere to go but up now!!

7fourteen is offline Member

Way to go ghost! Soldier up? Prior service? Dude you soldier on everyday. Quitting is not an option. It's a whole new world being straight. Yes we do suffer the consequences but YOU know it will be worth it. Seems like when we are going through this we do check everywhere for a quick fix. You seem to have the right mindset now. Carry on troop!!
    ghostrc likes this.