Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
Donnella needs Robert's help on sub taper
    Strong Desire is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Donnella View Post
    Hi Karen ! I just saw your reply and I am going to do the same and go to the group. It makes me feel better to know that I am not the only one out there thats in the situation I am in. I started my dose today as Robert told me and so for I am not having any problems. Thank you so much for coming on here for your support It does mean alot. Hugs to you ; )
    That's great news my friend! Really awesome! Good for you to be on your way. Glad you aren't having any problems. I have had basically none at all. Just one morning and midday that was a little trying, but nothing I couldn't handle. You will do just fine I'm sure!

If you go to the "Need To Talk" section you can read my thread if you like. It's titled: "Tired of the Games...May Try Subs...Need Help Please" and my screen name is Strong Desire of course. There is also a thread begun by RxQueen that's titled something like "Looking for Taper Buddys, any Takers" or real close to that.

There are several of us on there that support each other and offer any suggestions we may have at the time. You are so welcome to come and chat with us anytime! May give you some positive energy as you go through this with people like me and the others. Check it out! Talk to you later!

Big Hugs,
    Karen
    Donnella likes this.

Donnella is offline Junior Member

Hi Karen, I feel so dumb . Would you tell me exactly where the "Need To Talk" box is located ?

Hi Karen, I feel so dumb . Would you tell me exactly where the "Need To Talk" box is located ?
    Don't worry one bit about it....I'm still learning my way around here! Lol. Just go to the top of this page and find the "Community" tab. Click on it and scroll down until you see the "Forum-Discussion Boards" tab.

Click on that and all of the different sections will appear! Look about half way down on the left side and you will then see the "Need to Talk" section! And there you go!

Then you will see all the different threads and mine is as I said titled above in my last post. If you have any further problems just let me know! Glad to help my friend! Blessings.

Big Hugs,
    Karen
    Donnella likes this.

Thank you and big hugs to you Karen !! I really feel like an idiot not knowing where to go to and find it. I just stepped outside to smoke me a cigerette. I was thinking if I was looking up a pain pill or trying to find some I would probably go straight to it lol which is true !! I am just so thankful I found this site and Robert he is heaven sent. I took my 2nd and last dose of suboxone for the day . I am not having any problems or side effects from it thank God. I am just going to do exactly what Robert tells me to do. I was just so tired everyday of my life revolved around percocets. I still have been in the house since the doctor put me on them. I guess its my body is adadjusting to being normal again. Well I'm praying so . I have been in the house since last week. On June 7th is when I saw him. So I have been right here and still trying to get my energy back ( my normal energy ) I am fixing to go there now . Thank you so much Karen !!

Thank you and big hugs to you Karen !! I really feel like an idiot not knowing where to go to and find it. I just stepped outside to smoke me a cigerette. I was thinking if I was looking up a pain pill or trying to find some I would probably go straight to it lol which is true !! I am just so thankful I found this site and Robert he is heaven sent. I took my 2nd and last dose of suboxone for the day . I am not having any problems or side effects from it thank God. I am just going to do exactly what Robert tells me to do. I was just so tired everyday of my life revolved around percocets. I still have been in the house since the doctor put me on them. I guess its my body is adadjusting to being normal again. Well I'm praying so . I have been in the house since last week. On June 7th is when I saw him. So I have been right here and still trying to get my energy back ( my normal energy ) I am fixing to go there now . Thank you so much Karen !!
    You are very welcome! Anytime! Don't worry about finding your way around this site. You just keep at it and soon it will become natural. Like the comment about finding the goods! Lol. And you are right. We could find them real quickly if we needed them as you said.

Yes, you came to the right place for sure. Robert will get you fixed right up. You have the right attitude for this. You are going to do well. You ARE doing well! Talk to you later and have a great evening!

Big Hugs,
    Karen
    Donnella likes this.

Thank you Karen ; ) I went to your thread and just posted. Now I'm going to figure how to join. I will get it. It may take me a little longer to figure this out but I will get it. Hugs to you !!
    Strong Desire likes this.

Hello Robert ! I got up about 30 minutes ago and I took my 1st dose of suboxone ( one / 4 mg. ) and the other half ( 4mg. ) I will take it at 5:00 this evening. I am not having any withdrawls. I am looking foward to where I will start getting up and about around the house. I have been home since the 7th (the 1st day the doctor put me on them ) So hopefully it want be too much longer. I am thinking where I have been on pain pills for 6 years its going to take time for my body to adjust just feeling normal again. Do you think I will get out of this mode and start to feel better ? I do feel better in my mind knowing that I havent taken any pain pills ( Percocets) since last week and taken my subs. the way you have got me on them and tapering me. I hope that you are enjoying the reunion !! I just wanted to check in to let you know how everything is going and I cant thank you enough ! You are a gift sent : ) You enjoy yourself and I will be talking to you soon.

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

You should start perking up soon as soon as a significant part of the drugs are out of your system from the dr's original dose. God bless.

Thank you so much Robert !! I'm a hanging in there. I will be letting you know how everything is going. So far so good. I'm ready to start where I can get out of the house and do things again. But I'm staying right here at home and follow all of your directions. Again thank you so much for helping and working with me. I hope that youre having a great day !! ; )
    Robert_325 likes this.

Thank you so much Robert !! I'm a hanging in there. I will be letting you know how everything is going. So far so good. I'm ready to start where I can get out of the house and do things again. But I'm staying right here at home and follow all of your directions. Again thank you so much for helping and working with me. I hope that youre having a great day !! ; )
    I can't tell you how happy it makes me to read that you were able to get out of the house! I am ecstatic over it really! That is just so awesome to read! You really ARE doing it! You have exactly the right attitude as I said to you before. And that makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE in my opinion! Keep up the great work and follow Robert just as you are doing. Freedom is coming our way real soon! Blessings.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

Karen thank you for responding back. I keep my cellphone with me now at all times so if I get a reply I have it right away ; ) it may take me a little longer to type when I'm not on the desktop. Your support does mean alot too and I know that we are going to beat this and thank you for being here for support.

Goodmorning everyone and Happy Fathers Day Robert !! Day 3 of taking the subs. twice a day ( 8 mgs.) I just took my morning dose 4 mgs. and wanted to check in. So far so good no side effects, headaches ; etc. Today I'm gonna try pushing myself to do more around the house today. Robert I just wanted to update you and I hope that you have a wonderful Fathers Day !! I will be talking to you later. Enjoy your day and I hope that everyone else has a great day as well. I love you my new family ; )

Goodmorning everyone and Happy Fathers Day Robert !! Day 3 of taking the subs. twice a day ( 8 mgs.) I just took my morning dose 4 mgs. and wanted to check in. So far so good no side effects, headaches ; etc. Today I'm gonna try pushing myself to do more around the house today. Robert I just wanted to update you and I hope that you have a wonderful Fathers Day !! I will be talking to you later. Enjoy your day and I hope that everyone else has a great day as well. I love you my new family ; )
    Hi Donnella!

You are doing so awesome! You are really "getting it" now! I just wanted to say one thing to you right now. You may have heard and read this here many times, but it really makes ALL the difference as you go throught this, and life in general. That's exercise!

Just do what your physical ability allows you to do! Whether it's walk a block or less, run, bike, swim, stair climbing, anything that gets you moving a little bit. And start slowwww! Don't overdue it the first couple of times. And when you feel that you just can't get up or even move, that is the BEST time to do something! Really it is my friend! I take exercising to the extreme I know, but I have done it my entire life. So just do something and I guarantee you will feel better almost immediately! Have an awesome day!

Big Hugs,
    Karen

Goodmorning Karen and I will try that ! I have a question .. How do I subscribe to your thread ? I have looked on the screen and cant find a subscribe place . I would love to subscribe to yours and the other one. Just whenever you get a chance please let me know as I am still learning my way around here. Thank you my friend I hope that youre still doing well. Hugs to you : )

Goodmorning Karen and I will try that ! I have a question .. How do I subscribe to your thread ? I have looked on the screen and cant find a subscribe place . I would love to subscribe to yours and the other one. Just whenever you get a chance please let me know as I am still learning my way around here. Thank you my friend I hope that youre still doing well. Hugs to you : )
    No problem! This is how I have read others doing it.....I haven't even done it yet, I just keep checking ALL the threads when I get online, but I am going to subscribe to a few real soon. Just purchased a new iPhone and setting things up is taking me a little time right now as I am just so busy with different things.

But to answer your question, after you make your post on a particular thread you want to "subscribe" to, just go to the 2nd box below the "submit post" button and you will see a different box with the "subscribe to this thread" box. Just check that and then hit the "submit reply" button. That's all there is to it!

And you will get an email on the account you used to set up your membership here! Hope I have explained it so you can understand? If not please let me know and I will try again. If anyone sees that I have told Donnella incorrectly, please post the correct method! Hope this helps you and have a good one! Blessings.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

Donnella .... it's time to get up and start getting some exercise! If it's walking around the block, whatever it takes, it will help get your natural endorphine production going. Are you stable now today? If you are I want you to lower your dose tomorrow. That will have given you four days at 8mg. We need to get you down to 6mg a day, in two 3mg doses. You'll start feeling better when you're stable at a lower dose, the smaller the better. Let me know how you're doing. God bless.

Goodmorning Robert ! I will definatly do that starting tomorrow. Also today I will start walking a little if its just around the blocks. I have an under active thyroid so I'm thinking that could be where I'm staying weak and feeling tired alot. I will start my 6 mgs. dosage tomorrow and thank you so much for being here .. I told you that I would do everything you told me to get off of these from day 1 ; ) I truly thank you and tomorrow evening I will keep you posted. Thank you Robert and I hope that you have a wonderful day !!

Goodmorning Robert ! I will definatly do that starting tomorrow. Also today I will start walking a little if its just around the blocks. I have an under active thyroid so I'm thinking that could be where I'm staying weak and feeling tired alot. I will start my 6 mgs. dosage tomorrow and thank you so much for being here .. I told you that I would do everything you told me to get off of these from day 1 ; ) I truly thank you and tomorrow evening I will keep you posted. Thank you Robert and I hope that you have a wonderful day !!
    Hi Donnella,

How are you today? Looks like you have your plan ready to go! That's awesome! You're doing it! Keep going and we'll get there together! Talk again soon. Blessings.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

I found ur thread again finally lol, also using an iPhone n still figuring out things on how to get around this site. Glad u decided to do some walking, that's going to be so helpful in ur tapering. But sounds like ur doing great so far. I know at first exercising will seem so difficult but really is helpful...I usually feel like I have to force myself to do it but afterwards I feel better. Keep up the great work n I'll chat wu soon. take care!!

Thank you Karen and crystalclear651 so much !! I am so glad that I have yall and Robert !! It means so much to know I'm not alone . I took my 5:00 dose so I'm still doing good with that. Tomorrow Robert has got me to start tapering down to 6 mgs. a day..I believe that I'm going to do good as well with that dose. I have had thyroid problems for years and I believe that alot of my fatigue has got to do with that. But I am going to keep on going. I hope that yall have a great evening and also to Robert. I will keeping yall posted.I love you my new family !! ; )
    Crystalclear651 likes this.

I have a good feeling ur going to rock 6mgs! Typically it seems to b smooth sailing down to the small doses. I think it's good ur going from 8-6, let us know how u are doin. Sweet dreams chica

Thank you Karen and crystalclear651 so much !! I am so glad that I have yall and RI

obert !! It means so much to know I'm not alone . I took my 5:00 dose so I'm still doing good with that. Tomorrow Robert has got me to start tapering down to 6 mgs. a day..I believe that I'm going to do good as well with that dose. I have had thyroid problems for years and I believe that alot of my fatigue has got to do with that. But I am going to keep on going. I hope that yall have a great evening and also to Robert. I will keeping yall posted.I love you my new family !! ; )

Thank you Karen and crystalclear651 so much !! I am so glad that I have yall and Robert !! It means so much to know I'm not alone . I took my 5:00 dose so I'm still doing good with that. Tomorrow Robert has got me to start tapering down to 6 mgs. a day..I believe that I'm going to do good as well with that dose. I have had thyroid problems for years and I believe that alot of my fatigue has got to do with that. But I am going to keep on going. I hope that yall have a great evening and also to Robert. I will keeping yall posted.I love you my new family !! ; )
    Donnella,

You're doing it! I have heard and read here that the lower you go with your dose the better you will feel. So you should feel great as you continue to reduce! That would be awesome right?! I think you are going to be taking 3mg twice per day if I'm not mistaken? So you will get plenty of sub coverage all day and night.

Please don't forget the exercise! It is mentioned here so often as a sure fire way that helps so much with a detox and I can vouch that it really does make ALL the difference! Gets your mind off your troubles, keeps you fit, and also keeps you on the right track because you WILL feel better.

You don't have to run 3 miles or anything, just do something that keeps you moving and busy for a short time. You are doing great to this point. The days go by fast and soon you will be down to low doses of sub. That is something to really look forward too! Hang tough just like you are and we'll talk again soon. Blessings.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

Goodmorning Robert and everyone !! Well I just took my 1st 3 mlg dose and so far I'm doing good ; ) the only thing is getting the pill cut ( split ) right. I tried splitting one pill with a credit card and the other one with a sharp knife but they crumbled so I just used my fingers to get close as I could but I'm about on it. Thank you Crystal and Karen.And yes I am on my way ( moving down the road to recovery ) ; ) I am.still somewhat weak but thats coming from my thyroid. As far as the pills my mind feels so great knowing that I'm coming off of them completly. Robert thank you for being my life safer ; ) I would not been able to make it this far without you !! I will be posting as I go through my taper. Thank you and I hope that yall have a wonderful day !!

rxqueen83 is offline Member

Hey Donella!
    I'm very proud of you! Look how much progress you've made! As far as the crumbling pills, can you get a single edged razor blade? They are fairly cheap. I use that and a cutting board. I slice up the pill in even doses, and then at the end I will dispense any crumbs to a pile that looks small. I bag it up in those little "drug baggies" too! I get them at a corner store, their supposedly jewelry bags. Right, as if. LOL.

When you get down to much smaller doses, you'll probably crush the pill and split it up into piles of powder. Those small micro doses are very hard to quantify in anything other than powder. If you don't have young kids around or pets you can leave it right on a cutting board/picture frame and forget the baggies. I have a four year old so I have to repackage! Good luck!!!

Hi rxqueen83 !! I know the kind of baggies you are talking about lol. But lastnight I was wondering how am I going to split these subs. into smaller and smaller parts as I am tapering down with Robert and get the milligrams right ? I told my husband as I go down that I will learn. When I was taking percocets I would always take them whole and never crushed them up. So this I will definatly have to learn. I have no earthly idea how getting them crushed into piles and measuring them out right. But I will learn. I am so thankful I have made it this far and to know that I have got everyones support on here. I will have my husband to go buy me a razor blade also. I have my 4 year old grandson so I will be watching him as my husband gets the grass cut. When he gets finished mowing I will be able to get back on. Thank you so much again and I hope to be talking to you soon.

Very simple! Take 1/4 of an 8mg pill which will be 2mg and crush it into powder. Divide it with a razor into four equal piles. Each will be .5mg. Then you crease a business card, scoop up what portion you need and pour it under your tongue. I would leave the little piles on a mirror or glass picture frame and just put it up somewhere so no kids can get to it. If you need .25mg you just cut a .5mg pile in half! These piles get very small so when you start cutting into the .5mg piles I suggest using a small post-it note to label what is remaining so you'll know what you have for later use.

In other countries in Europe and elsewhere they have doses that come in .2mg and .4mg increments. Just shows how in the US they want to make it difficult on you to get under 2mg doses which is the smallest they make them here. That way it's easier to keep you addicted to them. Makes me mad to have to go through all this cutting up of meds to taper off them, but such is life.

Only chop up one 2mg dose at a time or you'll have little piles all over the place, they'll get mixed together and you'll end up with a mess. These little piles you pour under your tongue will dissolve very quickly, especially if you take a drink of water first and they'll work perfectly. God bless.

Hi Robert ! I will get a razor and do just that. I know that will be better than splitting them with my fingers. I took my 5:00 dose and I'm doing well !! Tomorrow will be my 2nd day.I have me a calendar just for this taper. I will check in tomorrow and let you know how I'm doing. Thank you so much for taking time to get me there. I hope that you have a wonderful night. Sending hugs your way ; )

Hi Donnella,

Just checking in on you today to see how it's going? Hope you are having a great day and doing well. I know you said you were headed to the Florids Keys, and may have left as I can't remember right now when you were leaving. Post if you can and just let us know that you are well and good! Blessings.

Big Hugs,
    Karen

Hi Karen !! I am still at home lol..I am on day 2 of tapering . I'm on 6 milligrams of suboxones now. So far I'm doing good . Thank you so much for checking in on me. I hope that you have a great Wednesday. I will be posting and letting yall know how I'm doing . Hugs to you ; )

Hi Robert ! I'm on day 2 with my tapering. So far I'm doing well with it. Thank you so much for helping me through this. I will be keeping you posted as I go along. I hope that you have a great day and hugs to you my friend.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast