Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree20Likes
Donnella needs Robert's help on sub taper
    eyereen is offline New Member

Hi Robert.. Sorry to post on this thread, but i dont know how forums work. I am starting a suboxone detox and need your help. I only have 33 mg to do it with before i run out...
    I read your standard taper schedule but i obviously dont have enough.
    Thank you
    Irene

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by eyereen View Post
    Hi Robert.. Sorry to post on this thread, but i dont know how forums work. I am starting a suboxone detox and need your help. I only have 33 mg to do it with before i run out...
    I read your standard taper schedule but i obviously dont have enough.
    Thank you
    Irene
    Hi Irene, welcome.

Robert retired from the forum in 2012. Don't worry, his taper plan is posted here on the site and there are many of us currently tapering subs who can help you.

What mg are you taking per day? How long have you been on sub?

Also, please start your own thread here on the Suboxone board. That way, we all can reply to you directly.

Best,
    Kat

eyereen is offline New Member

Hi kat

Was on methadone for years and then on sub for a year, then 20mg methadone for a month and now i am trying to detox With subs.

I read to go on another opiate for a month to allow the subs to get off my receptors.

But i only have 32mg of subs to detox with which is not enough for Roberts tapering plan.

Idk what to do,.. I am taking 2.5mg of subs for two days now.

Thank you
    Irene

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    Hi Irene, welcome.

Robert retired from the forum in 2012. Don't worry, his taper plan is posted here on the site and there are many of us currently tapering subs who can help you.

What mg are you taking per day? How long have you been on sub?

Also, please start your own thread here on the Suboxone board. That way, we all can reply to you directly.

Best,
    Kat

AmberMac is offline New Member

Is anyone from this thread still around? I know it's a long shot. I am looking for help with induction on Subs and tapering. I want to do this as fast as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by AmberMac View Post
    Is anyone from this thread still around? I know it's a long shot. I am looking for help with induction on Subs and tapering. I want to do this as fast as possible.
    Hi, and welcome.

To get help with induction and tapering, start your own thread right here on the Suboxone Treatment board. That way, we can all reply to you directly. This is an old thread.

Let us know your situation, how much sub you have, if you are seeing a sub doctor, etc.

I'll look for your new thread and many others will chime in. The taper plan most of us use is tried and true. It was written by a retired member - Robert_325. Many people have used his method to successfully induct and then taper subs.

Kat

AmberMac is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    Hi, and welcome.

To get help with induction and tapering, start your own thread right here on the Suboxone Treatment board. That way, we can all reply to you directly. This is an old thread.

Let us know your situation, how much sub you have, if you are seeing a sub doctor, etc.

I'll look for your new thread and many others will chime in. The taper plan most of us use is tried and true. It was written by a retired member - Robert_325. Many people have used his method to successfully induct and then taper subs.

Kat
    Thanks Kat. Just started a new thread like you asked. Looking forward to any help you can give.

momma montoya is offline New Member

Robert please help I'm 20 weeks pregnant my OB gives me norco for my back I been on them a few years I have taken subutex before a half of 8mg was too much so I only took a qtr (2mg) and when I ran out I didn't know what to do so when back to norco. If I only take 2mg a day please help me understand how to taper down and how quickly I can I want off them and definitely don't want my baby come out addicted to norco PLEASE HELP! :'( TIA

Quote Originally Posted by momma montoya View Post
    Robert please help I'm 20 weeks pregnant my OB gives me norco for my back I been on them a few years I have taken subutex before a half of 8mg was too much so I only took a qtr (2mg) and when I ran out I didn't know what to do so when back to norco. If I only take 2mg a day please help me understand how to taper down and how quickly I can I want off them and definitely don't want my baby come out addicted to norco PLEASE HELP! :'( TIA
    Hi there. It's gonna be ok. Breathe. I know how scared you are. I was addicted to Norco AND dependent on Sub when I found out I was pregnant. First things first: you MUST tell your OB what's going on. He/she needs to be on board with your taper. Don't be embarrassed; be honest. They've seen this a million times, trust me. I was able to get extra ultrasounds because of my situation. It gave me peace of mind that my child was doing just fine.

Subutex is generally used during pregnancy rather than Suboxone. It's safer for the baby. I tapered off Subutex right around the time my first trimester was over. It was kinda hard, but totally manageable. My doctor knew everything. My son went full term and was born completely healthy, thank God.

Robert has retired from the board, but there are many of us here who are well-versed in the taper plan and can help and support you. His plan would work great for you. But please, tell your doctor! Start a new thread here on the Suboxone Treatment board. Also, Robert's taper plan is the very first thread at the top, titled "Sub Therapy".

Kat

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234