Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes
Down to 1mg, ready to be off looking for tips/support
    auburn girl is offline Member

To Gettinoverwith it and Jay- Day 3 at 0.75 and guess what? I still haven't had any problems! I am so amazed. Like I said, the only thing is a little sweating. I keep waiting for all hell to break loose. I really really hope the next drop goes as smooth as this one. Jay, I do think we are about the same in our taper. I think we will both go to .5 soon. How are you feeling?

Tomorrow is day 4, and I know the plan says to give it 4 days. I haven't made up my mind, yet if I will go to 0.5 this Friday or wait till Monday. So far, my body is telling me I will be ready. My mind is telling me to wait bc I'm going to the beach this weekend and don't want to "feel bad" at the beach. I will be so glad when I don't have to worry about things like that anymore.

Thanks everyone for checking in and I hope you all are doing as well as can be expected today!

Christie

Quote Originally Posted by auburn girl View Post
    To Gettinoverwith it and Jay- Day 3 at 0.75 and guess what? I still haven't had any problems! I am so amazed. Like I said, the only thing is a little sweating. I keep waiting for all hell to break loose. I really really hope the next drop goes as smooth as this one. Jay, I do think we are about the same in our taper. I think we will both go to .5 soon. How are you feeling?

Tomorrow is day 4, and I know the plan says to give it 4 days. I haven't made up my mind, yet if I will go to 0.5 this Friday or wait till Monday. So far, my body is telling me I will be ready. My mind is telling me to wait bc I'm going to the beach this weekend and don't want to "feel bad" at the beach. I will be so glad when I don't have to worry about things like that anymore.

Thanks everyone for checking in and I hope you all are doing as well as can be expected today!

Christie
    I def know how that is lol. All I keep thinking about is my friends sons bday party this Sat I PROMISED >> go ugh. Ive missed her sons last bday so pretty much my friendship is riding on it lol...she thinks I just dont care. Cant exactly explain to her why Im not feeling well.

Day 3 was always my worst day 4 was a little better. Its crazy one morning youll wake up feeling much better. You will see. For the beach depends on what you have planned. A nice relaxing day at the beach right now sounds amazing lol. Youd literally have an excuse to "lay around tanning" until you feel better. But I understand if you just wanna relax and enjoy your vacation. Monday would give you good time to stabilize too which for me only made it easier. Better in my book to give it a few extra days then too soon from what Ive experienced. Glad its going good! See! Just keep thinking how much worse it COULD be then you realize just how easy it really is!

I also want to add, for anyone out there reading this....that I keep hearing how important exercise is. I am a very avid exerciser, lol. I run 4 miles 3-4 times a week and on the days I don't, I do omni-fit, which is kinda like cross fit, if you've heard of that. Basically we work out HARD in a field for 30 min doing anything and everything. I wonder if that is why my taper is going so well (so far). I MAKE myself go, even when I don't feel like it.
    alexnt and Iluv2smile like this.

TennesseeKid is offline New Member

I have also been on subs for several years, along with oxycodone(no apap) or whatever I could find at the moment for several years before that. There has been many times over the last few years where I truly thought I would be on sub maintenance for the rest of my life. I sometimes try and remember what "normal" feels like. I like to think that I remember what it was like. I know there are so many people out there that have been on subs for much longer than I have so I don't want to sound overdramatic but I really don't know if I truly remember what it feels like to be sober. All I know is that I want to re-learn that feeling so bad. While I have been able to be a fairly high functioning addict from the outside looking in, I want to be able to experience life in all its highs and lows and not depend on a substance to control my emotions. Anyways, I'll be checking back regularly to see how everything is going. Stay strong and keep your hopes high we have a disease that can be conquered!

jayryan is offline Member

[QUOTE=auburn girl;427517]To Gettinoverwith it and Jay- Day 3 at 0.75 and guess what? I still haven't had any problems! I am so amazed. Like I said, the only thing is a little sweating. I keep waiting for all hell to break loose. I really really hope the next drop goes as smooth as this one. Jay, I do think we are about the same in our taper. I think we will both go to .5 soon. How are you feeling?

Christie[/QUOTE}

Hey christie...that's great!!' And ya we are both pretty close in our taper i went from .75 to .66. Sunday and feel fine...it was asmall drop i know.... wat ya think a lot of its mental right? Like just being on more you don't have to deal with everyday aches and pains etc?... this whole thing a lerning experience for me but I'm always happy to see others doing so well...keep up the good work and thanks for your help...you help me a lot ... im glad there is this forum and people to help...i have other support sytems...but this one is my FAVORITE at least for this aspect of my life so thanks!! Hope today go smoothly for you too..when you dropping again? I'm planning to drop to .5 sunday...peace Jay

Sorry I'm on my phone was trying to edit and messed up the html...

anyway i understand what you say about going to beach and waiting.... like i said i a lot mental right?...for instance i have tigers tickets april 19th takin kids then parents easter sunday ..... obligations.....

i dunno i think its ok to wait till day after the beach....i can't tell ya for sure....i always have sunday off so sunday is the day i drop...so i myself even don't like doing much until i feel better...anyway good luck either way....sorry about my posts...my phone sucks i reeeally need to get my computer going again..
    have a great day!! JAY

Hey Christie!

I bet exercise is helping your taper. I need to jump back on that. I naturally have a high metabolism so I've always given myself the excuse I don't NEED to excercise because I don't need to lose weight. BUT I remember doing it for energy before and it helped a lot. I think I'm gonna start taking my son on morning walks/jogs and try pushing myself lately because now more then ever I need it! I miss having a dog for those reasons...it pushes you to take them out and walk them! Right now were in an apartment waiting to build a house, sold the home we were in Dec...so the apartment life doesn't help. I miss my yard. I would be out gardening RIGHT now. UGH. Anyways! Glad your taper is going smooth keep taking it easy! Enjoy the beach..why not. You only live once Monday will be here before you know it.

fuct4life is offline New Member

Your post really hit me. I have no idea what its like to be sober or "normal". Im lucky to have a lot of good friends that understand what im going thru but they really dont have a clue.
    Took my last dose of suboxone last Thursday (1mg) and its not that bad. I haven't slept for 6 days but ive been keeping busy at work and only missed one day and that was only because I thought if I got really drunk >> be able to sleep...very bad idea!!

Good evening everyone!

Today is day 4 and I still am fine. So...my question is, do I drop tomorrow? Or wait to make it 7 days? I still can't decide. Jay, you are right. It probably is just mental. I haven't felt bad at all so far, so I don't know why I am a little worried. On a good note, I'm leaving for the beach tomorrow. My birthday is Monday and so this is my present. A nice weekend at the beach. I so need it.

Getting- you are lucky to have that high metabolism! I HAVE to exercise or I will gain weight. I really enjoy it, though. It's kind of like my therapy. If I'm having a bad day, nothing is better than putting in my ear buds and going for a long run through the woods.

TN- How is it going? I haven't checked your thread yet but I hope you are feeling ok. And I totally know what you mean. For so long I would always turn to a pill to push my feelings away. I don't know if I've felt "normal" in many, many years.

I hope everyone is having a great night! Tomorrow is Friday! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by fuct4life View Post
    Your post really hit me. I have no idea what its like to be sober or "normal". Im lucky to have a lot of good friends that understand what im going thru but they really dont have a clue.
    Took my last dose of suboxone last Thursday (1mg) and its not that bad. I haven't slept for 6 days but ive been keeping busy at work and only missed one day and that was only because I thought if I got really drunk >> be able to sleep...very bad idea!!
    Hopefully you will be able to feel that very soon. I was going to jump at 1mg until I came here and realized I needed to go lower. 6 days? Wow. That sounds harsh! I don't think I could handle that. Even though your friends don't REALLY know what you're going through, you are lucky to have them. My husband is the only person who knows about this. And we're in it together. It really sucks having to carry this secret around.

To both of you i wouldn't worry about not everyone knowing your suboxone issues...its really none of they buisness...i too keep it a secret from most.

hell i would get thrown in jail.if the profesionalls knew....on the other hand you say your freinds really understand what your going thru then say they really haven't a clue that's kinda a oxymoron isn't it? Sorry to bust your balls just something to ponder....that's all
    anyway at auburn girl.... happy birthday!! And ya enjoy the beach for sure....do whatever to make yourself comfortable ya know.....or maybe you can.drop and being at the beach will make that even easier....whatever you decide i support that 100 percent....your dropping to .5 correct?....personally i feel great at the moment so sunday .5 it is...was thinkin about dropping sooner but decided to just stick with it till then....

my plan every sunday like this .5 .4 .3. .2 .1 skip a few days...0... maybe ill tweek that but that's a month and a half ill be done.... have you given long term thought about final taper?...I'm sure ill have alex tweek it but that's what i thought of in the past few days....

i dunno gonna closely follow you and gettinitoverwith and kats thread we all similar doses....however what works for one may not excactly work for others....we all win the race in the end but helps to objectively see what others are doing to more accuratly gage your own progress or something like that! Anyway...ill check wit ya this weekend either way we both goin to.5 rite...we can do it....peace jay

@Fuctforlife. ..ya know wat scratch what i said about freinds and what they know....damn i say some dumb.sht sometimes....ya know wat it doesn't matter....the point is you made it a week no subs!!!! And your managing to work that's awesome!! Keep it up and don't worry about wat some guy all hopped up on caffeine says...lol...sry your way ahead of the game then me as i aspire to be where your at.....at anyrate feel free to ignore me sometimes...anyways... ill check back tomorro see how yall are doing...peace jay

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Good evening everyone!

Today is day 4 and I still am fine. So...my question is, do I drop tomorrow? Or wait to make it 7 days? I still can't decide. Jay, you are right. It probably is just mental. I haven't felt bad at all so far, so I don't know why I am a little worried. On a good note, I'm leaving for the beach tomorrow. My birthday is Monday and so this is my present. A nice weekend at the beach. I so need it.

Getting- you are lucky to have that high metabolism! I HAVE to exercise or I will gain weight. I really enjoy it, though. It's kind of like my therapy. If I'm having a bad day, nothing is better than putting in my ear buds and going for a long run through the woods.

TN- How is it going? I haven't checked your thread yet but I hope you are feeling ok. And I totally know what you mean. For so long I would always turn to a pill to push my feelings away. I don't know if I've felt "normal" in many, many years.

I hope everyone is having a great night! Tomorrow is Friday! Yay!
    Auburn if you feel completely stable at .75 then you do not have to wait a week. You just need to listen to your body and if you feel fine then you can drop after 4 days. I notice you mention dropping to .50 and that is a 33% drop which might be to much of a drop. If you can get to .625 you might try that but working with 2 mg pills that will be very hard to measure. Since you have 2 mg pills you might want to consider dropping to .67 for the ease of measuring. You could cut a pill into 3 pieces and have 3 doses. Its a small reduction but considering your going to the beach the last thing you want is to drop to much and have discomfort while on your trip. At .67 your next reduction would be to .5 and that would be exactly a 25% drop there. Totally up to you but just thought I would pass that on to you. Have a nice trip and will talk with you later.

Alex

Alex- I'm terribly bad with math and cutting the pills. Are you saying I cut 1mg (half of a 2mg pill) into 3 equal pieces?

Ugh I wish I has the strips. They are to expensive though. We even went up in price just to get these 2mg ones.

raven14 is offline Junior Member

I have the 2mg pills too and I always hold my breath when I cut them because they crumble so easily. I bought a cool pill cutter that drops the pills inside the pill cutter so at least the crumbs dont go shooting across the room when I cut the pill in half. I used to hate that! I'd be like "noooooo (gasp), where did that piece go!?!?!?" And find myself squinting and crawling around the floor looking for the missile chunk that got launched.

Do you get your pills from a doctor? If so, go to the suboxone website and print off a coupon! I think they have either a free month or $50 off. They used to have a voucher for free refills for x amount of months, dont know if that still is on the site though. Worth checking!

Quote Originally Posted by raven14 View Post
    I have the 2mg pills too and I always hold my breath when I cut them because they crumble so easily. I bought a cool pill cutter that drops the pills inside the pill cutter so at least the crumbs dont go shooting across the room when I cut the pill in half. I used to hate that! I'd be like "noooooo (gasp), where did that piece go!?!?!?" And find myself squinting and crawling around the floor looking for the missile chunk that got launched.
    Haha! That is hilarious. I do have a pill cutter, just like that. But it's still hard. I was getting the 8mg suboxone but switched to the 2mg subutex so it would be easier.

I do get them from a dr. But hopefully we (well- my husband goes and we share the script) will never have to go back. And hopefully never need another refill again. But I didn't know that. That is interesting stuff.

I read what a great doc and insurance you have. We have to pay $190 a visit (they won't take insurance or something). We WERE getting generic subs, 60 for like $15. Awesome! But they were so crumbly and like you said would shoot off and just crumble to pieces. Sooooo, now we just got 30 2mg for $70! I mean I can't wait to think of all the money we will be saving being off this c r a p.

Anyway, to update I only took 0.5 today. Wish me luck. I was going to try to cut it like Alex mentioned, but the hub had already laid out my dose for the day and had the bottle with him. So I just took the .5 piece.

The first doctor I went to in the beginning was like that. No insurance accepted, cash only and 190 a visit. She was shady and I only lasted a month there and then found the dr I have now. I can see why you are against going back, its so expensive. >> be flat out screwed if not for insurance because I dont have a high paying career. Why they have to make getting clean so expensive still baffles me.

im glad to hear your kicking butt at .5. Can I ask, at that low a dose, how small is the piece you take? I go to a suboxone support group once a week and one member showed me her dose and she laughed and said "if I were to hold it in my hand for to long, its so small, my sweaty hand would dissolve it".

My dr has a chart thats laminated and shows actual pills, 8mg and 2mg, cut down in doses and goes way down to this teeny tiny crumb of like .000025 of a 2mg (like as small as a pinead) so its a nice reference. She also has little comments written under each taper dose and under the smallest one she has this one "its mostly mental at this tiny dose, just jump, you already packed the parachute, just pull the cord".

Sharks fan is offline Advanced Member

Alex- I'm terribly bad with math and cutting the pills. Are you saying I cut 1mg (half of a 2mg pill) into 3 equal pieces?

Ugh I wish I has the strips. They are to expensive though. We even went up in price just to get these 2mg ones.
    Auburn - yes, Alex is saying if you cut a 2mg pill into 3 equal pieces you'll have roughly .66mg each. I used pills for most of my taper and I understand what you mean about the pills being crumbly. The easiest thing to do is crush them up and divide them into piles. I believe that's how Kat is measuring hers out as well.

An old member, HarrySmooth, made a Youtube video on cutting strips. I'm sure you can find one on cutting pills.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-11-2014 at 10:34 AM.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

I was gonna chime in the same about crushing them. I saw some tip about putting it in a plastic baggy and crush with a spoon...then you just have to find a dosing chart for dividing them into piles. Like if you have 16 piles= 1 pile=1/16th=your dose. (.125mg) or something. >> just find a dosing chart they're out there, unless your a mathematician. Unlike myself

So as of friday morning you dropped to .5? Just was stopping in to see how that workin for ya....ill stop in tommorro and see...as I'm droppinh to .5. starting tomorro as well... i felt my last drop on day one and felt good by day five..so hoping this drop is the same...lemme know how it goes for ya... these doses are starting to get reely smal and i too am having a hard time accuratly measuring my dose... just gotta work with it i suppose..wel have a good weekend and hope your drop in dose goes smoothlyy...peace..jay

No Auburn I was saying you cut a 2 mg pill into 3 pieces to get to .67. I see where you ended up taking .50 which hub had already laid out for you so I am glad you did not take what you thought I had posted to you or you would have only taken .33. Hope that .5 works out for you ok and that you have a good weekend. Talk to you later

Alex

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hey there. Just wanted to drop in to see how you're doing. So you're at .5 mg? How are you feeling?

Hope you're having a nice time at the beach. Happy birthday!
    Kat

Happy Birthday! Forgot you said this is your bday present!

Hi there! Thank you guys for the birthday wishes! Just got back home and had a wonderful mini-vacation. Now back to reality.

I don't have a lot of time but wanted to update real quick. Today is day 3 on 0.5 and I have felt good but haven't slept much in the past 2 days. In fact I was wide awake pretty much all night both nights. Tossing, turning, kicking, pacing. The first night I tried 2 Benedryl and the 2nd night meletonin. Neither worked. Tonight I'm breaking out the trazadone. I can't STAND not sleeping. I have to work tomorrow and have a pretty busy day so I hope it works.

I have to go unpack but hope to check back in and see how everyone else is doing. I hope y'all had a good weekend and are doing well with the tapers/drops.

Ps. Alex if you read this is 50mg trazadone enough? I think that's what I have.

Hi there! Thank you guys for the birthday wishes! Just got back home and had a wonderful mini-vacation. Now back to reality.

I don't have a lot of time but wanted to update real quick. Today is day 3 on 0.5 and I have felt good but haven't slept much in the past 2 days. In fact I was wide awake pretty much all night both nights. Tossing, turning, kicking, pacing. The first night I tried 2 Benedryl and the 2nd night meletonin. Neither worked. Tonight I'm breaking out the trazadone. I can't STAND not sleeping. I have to work tomorrow and have a pretty busy day so I hope it works.

I have to go unpack but hope to check back in and see how everyone else is doing. I hope y'all had a good weekend and are doing well with the tapers/drops.

Hey Christie,

Glad to hear you had a nice weekend. It sucks that you didn't get much sleep the past couple nights. How many mgs of melatonin did you take?

If I don't get good sleep, I get a little nutty...lol. I have sort of a nighttime ritual before bed: I make sure my room is cozy and inviting (clean bedding, very dark, lots of pillows, etc). Then, I take 5-10 mgs of melatonin. I take a nice, hot shower and afterward use a Bath & Body Works lotion which has a lovely, relaxing scent. Then I immediately get into bed and spend about 5 minutes doing some deep breathing. It all usually works like a charm!

Have you ever tried Valerian for sleep? That one works for me too. Hopefully Alex will chime in about the Trazadone. Hope you get a good night's sleep..zzzzzzz....

Kat
    iloerose and Iluv2smile like this.

Good to see you had a nice weekend and .5 is holding you well. My script for trazadone is 150 mg but I rarely take a whole pill. I usually break mine and take 100 mg. I really cant tell you if I think you will need more then 50 mg. I was prescribed the 150 mg ones around 10 years ago and over time have found that 75 mg doesn't work for me but 100 mg almost always does. Everyone is different so maybe 50 mg will work for you especially since you have had very little sleep the past couple of days.

Alex

Raven- my dose is pretty small at .5. I was able to cut a .25 piece. Below that will be hard. It's funny you say that, my husband said the SAME thing about it dissolving. "Careful, your hands are sweaty!". I got the advice to crush it. I don't know why that scares me? Like I'm afraid I will waste it or not do it right.

Kat- thank you for your sweet words and advice. I will have to try the breathing. My melatonin is 3mg. You think I could take 2? The bottle says take 1 so that's what I always did. I do have some Valarian Root I picked up and haven't tried yet. Last night I did sleepy time tea and the trazadone (50 mg) and slept MUCH better. Still not great, was awake around 4:30am but it was wayyyy better than no sleep at all. Btw- are you at .5, too? How is that going for you? For some reason I thought you were done with your taper. Probably bc of all the great advice you give to everyone.

Alex- thank you for your reply. I just took 50mg bc I wasn't sure how it would affect me and had to work today. It helped! A lot! I don't want to have to take it all the time, though.

My next question is, is my next drop .325?? And how would I cut that pill? Remember I'm working with the 2mg subutex now. I thought about just going to .25 since I can just cut my 0.5 piece in half. I know it's not the plan. Thoughts on that? Anyone? I know I shouldn't rush it.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-14-2014 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Typos

Hey! Sorry to hear about your sleep. Have you tried not taking any "drowsy" medications. Benedryl during withdraws esp actually makes me more restless its a nightmare. I took allergy meds once through this process hoping to fall asleep..it actually kept me up making things much worse and I was groggy on top of it.

Raven- my dose is pretty small at .5. I was able to cut a .25 piece. Below that will be hard. It's funny you say that, my husband said the SAME thing about it dissolving. "Careful, your hands are sweaty!". I got the advice to crush it. I don't know why that scares me? Like I'm afraid I will waste it or not do it right.

Kat- thank you for your sweet words and advice. I will have to try the breathing. My melatonin is 3mg. You think I could take 2? The bottle says take 1 so that's what I always did. I do have some Valarian Root I picked up and haven't tried yet. Last night I did sleepy time tea and the trazadone (50 mg) and slept MUCH better. Still not great, was awake around 4:30am but it was wayyyy better than no sleep at all. Btw- are you at .5, too? How is that going for you? For some reason I thought you were done with your taper. Probably bc of all the great advice you give to everyone.

Alex- thank you for your reply. I just took 50mg bc I wasn't sure how it would affect me and had to work today. It helped! A lot! I don't want to have to take it all the time, though.

My next question is, is my next drop .325?? And how would I cut that pill? Remember I'm working with the 2mg subutex now. I thought about just going to .25 since I can just cut my 0.5 piece in half. I know it's not the plan. Thoughts on that? Anyone? I know I shouldn't rush it.
    Yeah, I actually should have been done with my taper by now. I've been around the boards for a while now, so I've learned a lot about subs and the taper process. But, I've had a few "detours" along the way. In late October I had to have surgery and take pain meds, so that set me back. Then a few months ago I relapsed for 3 days on oxy. That was a big mistake and yet another set back. Im currently at .75 mg.

My sister told me about sublingual melatonin 5 mg. I found it at Rite Aid. I don't see any problem with you taking two 3 mg melatonin.

About your next drop: a lot of people go to .375 mg. That will be pretty impossible to cut, so I would recommend crushing it. That's what I do. I know you're afraid of "losing some". Don't be. It's easy, crush with the back of a spoon. To get to .375 mg: take your .5 mg piece and split evenly into 2 piles of .25 mg. Take one of the piles and divide it in half again. That will give you two piles of .125 mg. (Combine: .25 + .125 = .375 mg)

Don't go from .5 mg to .25 mg. That's a 50% drop.

Hope you have a nice evening.
    Kat

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast