Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes
Down to 1mg, ready to be off looking for tips/support
    auburn girl is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by GettinItOverWith View Post
    Yay I love those reasons! Good ones good inspiration. haha @ Jay about Rocky music. Omg Rocky comes to mind so many days....feels like were getting ready for a fight sometimes. LOL. "Dunna dun dunnnnnn dunna dun dun dunnnnnnnnn!" Wish I felt like that today! Jesus...whew night 7 and day 8 were a little rough on me. I've felt worse though.

@ Jay I took wellbutrin before for ADD. It wasn't too too bad it did help with motivation. I wasn't a huge fan. Probably would help lift some depression after. I just had an *issue* with my frenemy adderall. So I'm a little biased to stimulant type drugs. Most are very addictive. Wellbutrin though....I can say I never wanted anymore of that. Made my hair start to fall out! Yikes... I was shedding like a dog. I was on it two weeks and as soon as I saw hairs all over the place I was done. I love my hair too much lol. I'd be all ADD'd and depressed with my beautiful hair over that anyday lol. Not everyone has that side effect though, for guys I guess it would be less important but my hair is my LIFE lol. No go.

Glad your taper is better now Auburn now that your getting some much needed rest! Your a trooper. I didn't sleep good last night at all...now I'm searching for sleeping aids. Not sleeping is like chinese torture. Esp when like you said everyone else is sleeping like a baby. I felt the same way looking at my husband lol. He also had the AudAcity to tell me stop moving so much. Because my insomnia/tossing and turning I guess was bothering him as he was trying to smother me/cuddle yesterday. I'm a fan of cuddling lol..just not so much when I have his heavy ass on me as I'm all restless and uncomfortable and I'm constantly trying to roll over. If I can't sleep tonight I'm going just gonna suck it up and stop by a random (far far far away lol) urgent care and ask for some trazadone if you say it helps. I felt extra >>>>>> today. I haven't felt this bad throughout this entire time. So not sleeping definately worsens the withdrawal 10 fold in my book. If we can sleep! We can do this no doubt. I overall feel awesome otherwise.

So how well would you say you slept on it? Amazingly or it helped? Were in between insurances in my house I have to wait for "open enrollment". So I'll have to pay prob 70.00 for the visit. If its worth it and you slept easily its worth it to me!
    I had to LOL at this " He also had the AudAcity to tell me stop moving so much." To funny. Last night mine asked me to cuddle and I was like "ok I'll try". It didnt' last long. I couldn't be still enough. I dunno if this is to personal or not, but is your husband clean? Is he pretty supportive?

OK. Trazadone. YES. It works 100%. Amazingly. Not just helped. And I'm like you, I can't STAND to not sleep. It's torture. I slept very well through the night. Last night, I went to bed around 10 and woke up about 5ish (that is still early for me), laid in bed tossing until 6:30 when it was time to be up. I maybe woke up once or twice during the night but went straight back to sleep. It is amazing. If I didn't take that I would see the sun come up just like you. I hate that broken sleep where you toss and turn and try to sleep and doze off a little and only end up getting a few hours (if that) here and there.

I accidently dropped 50% once. (because thats how bad I am at math lol...) It was not bad at all...stronger symptoms then the other drops of course. But not so bad that I thought enough about it to realize I dropped 50%! I really tortured myself. lol...all in all I have felt worse so you guys should be feeling better and better as it goes! Sorry so many broken up posts Auburn. I type something then go read the threads..respond then read lol. Don't mind me.
    It's ok I do the same thing. I was actually gonna ask you about your 50% drop. You'd think at that low a dose it doesn't matter. But I guess it does??

Quote Originally Posted by auburn girl View Post
    I had to LOL at this " He also had the AudAcity to tell me stop moving so much." To funny. Last night mine asked me to cuddle and I was like "ok I'll try". It didnt' last long. I couldn't be still enough. I dunno if this is to personal or not, but is your husband clean? Is he pretty supportive?

OK. Trazadone. YES. It works 100%. Amazingly. Not just helped. And I'm like you, I can't STAND to not sleep. It's torture. I slept very well through the night. Last night, I went to bed around 10 and woke up about 5ish (that is still early for me), laid in bed tossing until 6:30 when it was time to be up. I maybe woke up once or twice during the night but went straight back to sleep. It is amazing. If I didn't take that I would see the sun come up just like you. I hate that broken sleep where you toss and turn and try to sleep and doze off a little and only end up getting a few hours (if that) here and there.
    Lol, yeah my husband is super cuddley which I love usually. Cause so am I .....Just not so much when I feel like there's a 1000 lb dead walrus pinning me down last night. (He's only 180 lbs really lol...but you know what I mean) He's a heavy sleeper so I literally have to wiggle my way away. He is trying to see how he will feel getting off the Suboxone slowly testing the waters. Doing it his own way on his time, but I can't push him so much about it because he genuinely uses it for pain and uses it responsibly, the strips. He has a bad ankle, from a motorcycle accident and had 4 different surgeries over the past 4 years on it. They finally fixed it (as much as it will ever be fixed) with the last one in 2012. He was told he may have to be on some low dose of pain killers to function. BUT that was by a pain management Dr so......you know how that is. He thinks hes physically about ready to be off. His ankle does ache occasionally pretty bad after work, so he said if he HAS to be on something the suboxone does help with pain so he'd rather be on that then pills anyday where his tolerance climbed and climbed. It is his choice though. Sometimes he says he wants to just be off everything, but I know its hard for him because of his ankle. He had an ankle fusion which is where there is no longer a joint there just one solid bone. He's had it rough with that ankle, like I said a bunch of surgeries. He's lucky to have his ankle though joint or no joint because of his accident crashing at 80 mph on his motorcycle. It literally (gory as it sounds but true) completely snapped his leg in two at the ankle, dangling by only a peice of skin. The surgeon literally mended everything back together and MIRaculously now he can still wiggle his toes! Which if you saw it you'd know just that is even a miracle. The first dr sent him to the other surgeon and pulled me aside very sadly told me 50/50 chance he was gonna lose his ankle and need a prosthetic. He predicted amputation. So he geniunely has pain even after the fusion, the fusion was to lessen his pain but it will still be there. He is super supportive of me of course though mentally. Though he could help more around the HOUSE lol. Like take out the trash for starters! He blames himself and feels at fault about me being in my situation. So he's also kind of my motivation to be done with all this mess. I don't want anyone feeling guilty over my choices you know. Especially not feeling sorry for me...No one forced pills down my throat. I'm a grown woman.

If he does stay on it. That is ok though because I never liked the suboxone, just hated withdrawals worse. They gave me nasty I mean nasty migraines to the point of tears sometimes and I personally hate the way I felt on them. I felt very zombified and just plain weird for lack of a better word lol. Very awkward. So I know I don't want them. I really hope he doesn't have to ever get back on the pain pills though. He is on 2 mg of suboxone and it helps his ankle pain he says and he feels much more normal then the other option.

Good with the trazadone! Man I might just have to suck it up and go to urgent care. I have yet to go to a dr and tell them I'm going through withdrawals. UGH. Just the looks and questions, doesn't sound like fun. When I think about it I'm like HMmmmmm what kind of story can I come up with so this is not as embarrasing? Because " Umm what had happened was....I broke my toe finished my entire bottle of pain meds, then found my husbands 100 pill bottle oxycodone laying around and took those for over a year...then I got on suboxone for 4 months trying to get off the pills TheN I weaned off that THEN I was fine..NOW I can't sleep" I can only imagine the drs face..lol So yeah. Trying to think of something! I'm thinking maybe, I hurt my ankle took some pain meds and now I'm having withdrawal. Bam simple enough. NOne of their business!

Oh about the 50% drop. It mattered big time. Bad drop...very achy, chills, and just felt way worse. No matter what weaning takes time. Might as well not rush it. Whats 2 weeks uncomfortable to 1 week of >>>>. After its over that extra week or two wouldn't matter!

Good with the trazadone! Man I might just have to suck it up and go to urgent care. I have yet to go to a dr and tell them I'm going through withdrawals. UGH. Just the looks and questions, doesn't sound like fun. When I think about it I'm like HMmmmmm what kind of story can I come up with so this is not as embarrasing? Because " Umm what had happened was....I broke my toe finished my entire bottle of pain meds, then found my husbands 100 pill bottle oxycodone laying around and took those for over a year...then I got on suboxone for 4 months trying to get off the pills TheN I weaned off that THEN I was fine..NOW I can't sleep" I can only imagine the drs face..lol So yeah. Trying to think of something! I'm thinking maybe, I hurt my ankle took some pain meds and now I'm having withdrawal. Bam simple enough. NOne of their business!
    Girl all you have to say is "I have trouble sleeping and a friend recommended/gave me trazadone and it worked, I'd like to try it". Simple as that! Now, the clonidine may be a little more tricky.

I have been to the ER twice during wd. Mainly bc I got so dehydrated and so weak I needed fluids and I wanted anti-nausea meds. Plus I'm a huge baby. I swear I lost 10lbs in like 2-3 days. I wasn't looking for more pain meds. They always asked me if I had been taking anything and I always said no. I don't need anyone judging me. "I think I have a stomach bug" is what I said. They must have known. I always wonder if they figure out what's really wrong with me.

You know I really don't think they can tell because a stomach bug is really similiar ya know. My biggest worry is just having to face the same people once I start working as a nurse! Could you imagine if your business got out around the office. Women can be catty >>>>>es to say the least. I'm the least judgemental person in the world so I get extra pissed when someone talks about other people they don't understand.

I will definately take your advice if I can't sleep. Good idea

jayryan is offline Member

Hey ther just droppin by and see how everyone doing before i go to work
    btw i like your idea about the baby powder easter bunny prints! I was telling my kids mother about it and she thought it was neat too!

ya i can relate to the kicking/tossing and turning when.sleeping next to someone...
    personally i have slept on the couch the past few weeks every night....
    i can't get confortable cuddling or anything usually lately so i told my kids mother ill be on the couch for the time being...problem solved but i do miss our bed.....

anyways ya sounds like you doin pretty good with your drop....
    sleep issues are to be expected i.suppose and is normal/to be expected..

Anyways your doin great!! We can do this! Its not so bad rite?
    Hope you and your family have a fun easter together! Peace jay

Thank you Jay! I bet you do miss the bed! How are you doing? Still at .4? Feeling ok?

I thought I'd give an update. Today is day 3 at .375. I haven't even really noticed the drop from 0.5. I have been sneezing a TON, but it's also allergy season and my car is yellow with pollen. I got some chills last night, but not bad. I have been sleeping great, I'm sure that's bc of the trazadone that I just decided to give in and take every night per Alex. I woke up this morning feeling a little anxiety. I can't explain the feeling, but I'm sure you all know what I mean. So far, so good. I keep saying how amazed I am. One more day at this dose, and Monday drop to 0.25. Now, I know a lot of people can drop from here, but I'm gonna go lower. I want as little pain as possible.

My question is: since I'm bad at math, What will be my next drop after 0.25, and how will I cut that with my 2mg subutex. I've mastered the crushing of the pill, lol. I was thinking of making it easy and just going straight down to 0.125, but I know that is 50%. Thoughts?? Has anyone here jumped from 0.25? I'm concerned bc most the ppl I've been reading about (and I've read through a lot of the threads, induction all the way to taper complete) have been on sub short term. I've got YEARS. Many years. Just a little worried is all.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hey ther...i was just about to get off of here and hop.in the shower...seen your awake so seein how ya doin

Anyways glad the trazadone working for ya...i too have slept great the past two nights...so guess we both found something that works..
    ya I'm still at .4 planning to drop to around .33 next week

withdrawals are similar too yours...but staying focused and getting by...
    i keep telling you and myself its not so bad rite? Lol.... i think a lot of it mental...sure it is uncomfortable at times...but we are determined right?

I truly beleive we can do this...you can do it...you made freinds here to help ya gettinit for instance you two have a lot in common and look how good she is doing ya know.....won't be long and you'll be able to say you have a week off too!..

hang in ther.... as far as your next drop..
    kat has been helping you right...she has experience with the 2 mg pills i beleive...
    alex has experience with the 8mg films so I'm going by his advice
    well i gotta get ready soon...peace and have a great day!!! Jay
    iloerose likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jayryan View Post
    Hey ther...i was just about to get off of here and hop.in the shower...seen your awake so seein how ya doin

Anyways glad the trazadone working for ya...i too have slept great the past two nights...so guess we both found something that works..
    ya I'm still at .4 planning to drop to around .33 next week

withdrawals are similar too yours...but staying focused and getting by...
    i keep telling you and myself its not so bad rite? Lol.... i think a lot of it mental...sure it is uncomfortable at times...but we are determined right?

I truly beleive we can do this...you can do it...you made freinds here to help ya gettinit for instance you two have a lot in common and look how good she is doing ya know.....won't be long and you'll be able to say you have a week off too!..

hang in ther.... as far as your next drop..
    kat has been helping you right...she has experience with the 2 mg pills i beleive...
    alex has experience with the 8mg films so I'm going by his advice
    well i gotta get ready soon...peace and have a great day!!! Jay
    You're totally right. It's not bad at all. We can do this! Quitting isn't even an option for me. I AM stopping this drug, no matter what. It's time, I'm ready. I should've done it a lot sooner. Fear held me back. And you can too. Look how great you are doing! Super proud.

btw: I swear I posted to you in your thread but it either disappeared or something? I even remember what all I typed and everything but it's gone.

Have fun at the Tigers game. I myself can't wait for football season.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-19-2014 at 08:55 AM.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hey girl,

Your next drop after .25 mg will be to .125 mg. All you need to do is divide a .25 mg pile in half. The easiest way: take a 1 mg piece, crush it into powder and split it evenly into 4 piles - which will give you 4 piles of .25 mg each. Then, take one of those piles and divide it in half to get .125 mg. Voila!

Don't worry about jumping from .25 mg because you've been on subs so long and want to get off ASAP. All the more reason to taper down very low for a smooth "landing". It's been years, what's another week to get this done comfortably and successfully? I've been on subs for over 7 years and will definitely be tapering down to .125 mg before jumping.

You got this. You're doing great!
    Kat

doitchy is offline New Member

I'm trying to wean myself off of a 30mg a day percocet habit. I've been taking 2mg of suboxone a day for five days and feel fine. Will I have withdrawls from the 2mg of submoxone when I run out?

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Someone else may be able to tell you better, but if you went on right from 30mg. of perc. to 2mg. sub, you pretty much delayed the inevitable. Depends on how long you've been on the percs. I can't say how much the sub will effect the w/d. You pretty much used a sledgehammer to try to kill a fly. If you were on 30mg. of percocet a day, you would have been through the worst of the w/d by now and working on the upside of your w/d. The worst case is that you will have some w/d from sub: subs are many times stronger than percocet and are a class of opiate. 2mg. of sub is strong indeed. Of course you are feeling fine, subs are designed to control the w/d symptoms of people coming off heavy habits and also gives them time to adjust to the idea of not taking opiates. But suboxone isn't this wonder "drug" that will "magically" cure your w/d and stave off any pain. Although people are out there who go through a painless taper, most experience some form of w/d symptoms on the way down. I'd get off of it as soon as possible.

Peace,

Iloerose
    Good luck.
    jayryan likes this.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Doitchy: What I should have added is that you should check out the Thomas Recipe (minus the benzos, or very sparingly). There are other things to add to good ol' Thomas like:

Loperimide (immodium)
    Gatorade (good for electrolytes as well as any RLS)
    A good multi-vitamin and a mineral supplement (magnesium as people here suggest helps quite a bit)
    Hyland's Resful Leg or other Hyland's product for restless leg
    An OTC sleep aid: melatonin works well, some use sleepy time tea STRONG and hot baths/showers
    Exercise
    L-Tyrosine with b-6 for energy
    Stay positive and stay hydrated
    alexnt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by doitchy View Post
    I'm trying to wean myself off of a 30mg a day percocet habit. I've been taking 2mg of suboxone a day for five days and feel fine. Will I have withdrawls from the 2mg of submoxone when I run out?

Rose has it right...i would even go as far as to say suboxone quitting suboxone is just as harsd as anything else if not moreso because of the long half life...
    true hard opiates like H will make you feel like you wanna die...but only last a week tops...
    suboxone the withdrawals are A LOT milder but last A LOT longer....
    its a toss up really...but i would say sub the lesser evil...but still no joke....you ain't outta the woods yet...you need a plan...jay

Hi doitchy. I don't know for sure, so I would hate to give you the wrong answer. I guess it depends on how long you have been taking the percs. How long have you been doing that? I do agree with Rose, the suboxone is A LOT stronger than 30mg of Percocet. You probably should have just toughed it out and never taken the suboxone in the first place. I'm really not sure what to tell you. Sorry I'm really no help. Maybe someone else can help you soon. I think most people are out enjoying the weekend right now.

Oh I see jay responded. We posted at the same time.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-19-2014 at 04:52 PM.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

doitchy you would have been better off to ct off the percs. five days is not long enough to become dependent on subs but you need to stop now or reduce to 1 mg for a couple of days then 1/2 mg for a couple of days then stop. Then I would use the Thomas Recipe

Alex
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-19-2014 at 09:10 PM.

auburn good to see the trazadone has helped you with your sleep. You have been wondering about what to drop to after .25. If you can measure it you should go to .1875. That would be a .25 piece cut into 2 piles of .125 each then cut one of those in half. That would be a 25% reduction and I know with such small pieces it has to be a pain. Best wishes to you on rest of your taper and will talk to you later.

Alex

Thank you, Alex. I always wait for you and Kat to chime in.

So....today I went down to 0.25. I'm feeling great and getting excited/nervous that I'm almost there. Still amazed I've had very little wd symtoms! So glad I took yalls advice and followed this method. I wish everyone would.
    Iwantoff2013, jayryan and alexnt like this.

Hey just wanted to cheer you on, on your thread! You got this!!!!! 3 days no sleep if you can handle that you can handle anything! You'll be off before you know it!

So....today I went down to 0.25. I'm feeling great and getting excited/nervous that I'm almost there. Still amazed I've had very little wd symtoms! So glad I took yalls advice and followed this method. I wish everyone would.

Right... i feel the same way... i want to convince everyone to quit.opiates and taper the way we did...lol...
    its like we discovered the fountain of youth or somethin..
    glad you feelin good and ready to be done...not much longer!!!!
    I'm confident you will.be succesful...
    down to .25 is awesome...keep up the good work!....feels good right jay

Quote Originally Posted by jayryan View Post
    Right... i feel the same way... i want to convince everyone to quit.opiates and taper the way we did...lol...
    its like we discovered the fountain of youth or somethin..
    glad you feelin good and ready to be done...not much longer!!!!
    I'm confident you will.be succesful...
    down to .25 is awesome...keep up the good work!....feels good right jay
    Exactly! The fountain of youth. I just want to go and tell everyone and help them and show them the way. Seriously though. I'm super happy and thinking it'll be a week and I'll make the big move. Yes, a little scared. A little nervous. But I can handle a little discomfort as opposed to what we have all been through to many times before. We still have to pay a price. I've been reading over some threads of ppl jumping and it puts me at ease.

I was reading your thread and it just makes me happy. Bc I know you have been through a lot, too. I'm really happy and proud of all of us.

Hey just wanted to cheer you on, on your thread! You got this!!!!! 3 days no sleep if you can handle that you can handle anything! You'll be off before you know it!
    Thank you! Yep, those 3 days really were not fun! You really got to be in the mind set that it won't last, and just suck it up and get through it. Seeing that you did it really helps! Thanks so much for the encouragement . I hope it's getting better and better for you.

I definately am! I'm coming down with something I caught from my son, he had a fever all weekend that finally broke today. My good old weak immune system from drugs. But just feels like your average everyday sickness. I think I'm over the worst of it. Still a little breathless if I push myself too hard but my house is clean! Caught up with my mountains of laundry (from the weaning process lol) and pretty much picked up the pieces in my life that I have been slacking on! Feels good!

Just add to your list of any supplements some vitamin C supplements and I just learned about this Adrenal support supplement. They say your immune system gets very weak from withdrawal so its very easy to get sick or infections etc. Um its true. 12 days in and I caught something. I used to never get sick. Maybe once a year. So your at .25?!?! Congrats!! Keep going with the 25% drops and it will be even easier! I dropped from .25 to .125 which was 50% and I felt it harder then the jump believe it or not...super super achy joints. It was rough. So just keep with the 25% though you see this tiny bit of medicine and your like there is NO way 25% of that is gonna matter. It does. Trust me lol....learn from my mistakes and just keep at it with the 25% drops and very very soon you will be home free!!!!

Auburn since your down to .25 and feeling very little symptoms then I really believe rest of your taper and jump will be the same. If you were going to have any nagging symptoms they would have already started at a higher dose. Cant wait to see you at the finish line soon.

Alex
    auburn girl likes this.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

I'm heading off to bed but wanted to say congrats on another drop! You're so close to the end now.

Hope you sleep well. Will talk soon.
    Kat
    auburn girl likes this.

Just dropping in again to see how .25 working out for ya..... i dropped the same day as you i think but went to .33...and feel fine didn't even feel.it like i did at other drops...think imma try to get to .25 By weekend

anyways I'm following you intently as your like a canary in the mine well you and gettin it cause your just ahead of me...hope you don't mind that reference lol
    i really think everything will be ok...I'm super excited still.for every one...
    i would suggest loading up on vitamin C for your jump...
    i have read your immune system.is affected during withdrawal...and gettin it now being sick.i wish i would have suggested it to her but didn't think about it....echinacia is a good herb for the immune system too....
    anyways next week your jumping?...congrads...
    even minor withdrawals it is doable i am thinking...i haven't decided when ill.jump yet but soon too....probably a little longer away..but that's ok..
    anyways hope your feeling good still and have a great day....peace jay

Hip hip hurray!!!!!! Hope today was easy on ya!

I definately am! I'm coming down with something I caught from my son, he had a fever all weekend that finally broke today. My good old weak immune system from drugs. But just feels like your average everyday sickness. I think I'm over the worst of it. Still a little breathless if I push myself too hard but my house is clean! Caught up with my mountains of laundry (from the weaning process lol) and pretty much picked up the pieces in my life that I have been slacking on! Feels good!

Just add to your list of any supplements some vitamin C supplements and I just learned about this Adrenal support supplement. They say your immune system gets very weak from withdrawal so its very easy to get sick or infections etc. Um its true. 12 days in and I caught something. I used to never get sick. Maybe once a year. So your at .25?!?! Congrats!! Keep going with the 25% drops and it will be even easier! I dropped from .25 to .125 which was 50% and I felt it harder then the jump believe it or not...super super achy joints. It was rough. So just keep with the 25% though you see this tiny bit of medicine and your like there is NO way 25% of that is gonna matter. It does. Trust me lol....learn from my mistakes and just keep at it with the 25% drops and very very soon you will be home free!!!!
    I'm sorry you and your son are sick. Is he feeling better today? No fever I hope.

I haven't really been taking many supplements through this whole thing. I'm thinking I need to maybe get ready and stock up for when I start skipping days. So your energy is coming back? I haven't really felt the fatigue/lack of motivation yet. I need to go look and see what all there is to take. Taurine, right?

It's funny your post is like it read my mind. I am at .25 (2nd day) and I have been thinking of just going off at this amount. Not even going down to .125. You're right. It's such a tiny tiny bit I can't believe it matters. Still not sure what I will do yet. I may just "test the waters" and see what happens.

Oh, and hey, thanks, Alex and Kat. I'm on my 2nd day at .25. So far so good. I would think if I was to have a problem with it, it would be today or tomorrow. I'm feeling good and plan to exercise today. (btw, the sweating is bad when exercising. I get DRENCHED.) I've been sleeping great, but that's bc of the trazadone. I'm a little curious what would happen if I didn't take it.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast