Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes
Down to 1mg, ready to be off looking for tips/support
    Bob631 is offline New Member

Hey girl, I see light at the end of the tunnel, I know you see it too,,
    We are almost there...
    I think it's like easier getting clean now then it was staying high...
    Your skip day is going to be ok...
    For me a lot of the days during the taper was harder then my first skip day......
    You got this....
    Hope your hubby is doing good too!!!

auburn girl is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bob631 View Post
    Hey girl, I see light at the end of the tunnel, I know you see it too,,
    We are almost there...
    I think it's like easier getting clean now then it was staying high...
    Your skip day is going to be ok...
    For me a lot of the days during the taper was harder then my first skip day......
    You got this....
    Hope your hubby is doing good too!!!
    Thank you , Bob. I don't know why I've been nervous. I'm sure I'll be just fine.

And he is doing good, thanks. He'll be off soon after me. Can't wait. It's been awhile since we have BOTH been free of everything.

Hope you had a good weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by alexnt View Post
    Good to read your holding up ok at .125 Auburn. You have done a great job with your taper and you should be proud of yourself. Best wishes

Alex
    I don't think I could have done it without your help. Thank you so much. It almost makes me teary I'm just so grateful for all the help I had.

Rfootprints is offline Member

Hey sweet pea!
    Just popping by- so you're at .125!!!
    You go girl!!!
    Soooo close behind ya.
    And I'm feeling pretty darn good about it. It sure helps having someone in front of me.
    Keep up the great work

Hey rose! I'm doing good just on a quick break at work. You are right behind me. It does help to have someone go right before you. I was lucky to have that, too.

Well today is my first "skip day" and while I freaked out about it a little at first, so far I'm fine. It was weird not taking my "medicine" as I call it this morning. I assume if I feel any symptoms they will show up this evening. Also, I'm considering just jumping completely and not dosing again tomorrow. Monday (today) is a good day to mark a "day 1" clean date. I'll kinda play it by ear and see how I feel. I'm gonna make myself go for a run when I get off work to sweat some of this stuff out.

I gotta run back to work but hopefully be back on to check on everyone else this afternoon. Have a good morning, y'all. :-)

Girl, I feel the same... I wanna be done! And done for good!!!
    I can't wait to hear what ya do
    Good luck sis!!!!

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by auburn girl View Post
    Hey rose! I'm doing good just on a quick break at work. You are right behind me. It does help to have someone go right before you. I was lucky to have that, too.

Well today is my first "skip day" and while I freaked out about it a little at first, so far I'm fine. It was weird not taking my "medicine" as I call it this morning. I assume if I feel any symptoms they will show up this evening. Also, I'm considering just jumping completely and not dosing again tomorrow. Monday (today) is a good day to mark a "day 1" clean date. I'll kinda play it by ear and see how I feel. I'm gonna make myself go for a run when I get off work to sweat some of this stuff out.

I gotta run back to work but hopefully be back on to check on everyone else this afternoon. Have a good morning, y'all. :-)
    Congrats on your first skip day! You must be so excited!

You're dying to get this over with...lol. I know, me too. Skip days are meant to give our body time to let the half-life catch up with itself. My advice is to do the skip days. Whatever you decide, we'll be here rooting for ya!

Have a good day.
    Kat
    Firefire likes this.

LOL Kat. I know you guys never steer me wrong and I always fight it at first. I'm still just gonna see how I feel tomorrow.

I thought I'd give a quick update on my husband, too. He has still yet to follow the taper plan. He did it his way and got down to 0.5 and he's still hanging out there. I told him he needs to go ahead and decrease. To which he replied "I hate dragging it out...it's pointless...I may just stop here". Grrrrrrrrr! I wish he would listen to me. I have a feeling jumping at .5 will give him some problems. Maybe not a lot, but I just want him to be comfortable like I am. He laughed at my little .125 pile yesterday. "like that will do anything". I'm like, uhhh, yeah? I'm just breezing through this not hurtin' at all. So yeah, it's helping.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Firefire is offline Member

Very proud of you auburn,start enjoying life. Ff

Day 2 no suboxone. I decided to not take any today and just ride it out. I'm amazed that I feel 100% fine. Maybe a little lack of energy. I keep waiting for "it" to hit. Then I realize "it" probably won't!

willy boy is offline Junior Member

Hello, I got off subs about 5 days ago at 1mg. Have felt like >>>> for the whole 5 days. When will I start to feel a little better. thanks

Way to go my dear!!!!
    I am very happy for you and I'm not happy with myself right now (will post it on my thread in a min)...
    Just need to make sure I have all my bases covered... This thing is still alive inside me

Auburn, I'm really looking up to everyone right now. I'll elaborate on my thread.

Love ya girl!!! Keep it up!!!
    (I know I'll feel that way too... .25 has been good, except mentally and the damn back twinging)
    auburn girl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by willy boy View Post
    Hello, I got off subs about 5 days ago at 1mg. Have felt like >>>> for the whole 5 days. When will I start to feel a little better. thanks
    Hey Willy. It may be better if you start a thread in this forum to get more replies. I didn't jump from 1mg, I went all the way down to .125, so that's why I am having a pretty easy time with this. I do know some people around here have got off at 1mg. Dig around and maybe you can find a thread and see how they dealt with it. If it's been 5 days I can only assume it will get better and better with every day. Hang in there. Search "the Thomas recipe" and there are tips and tricks to deal with the symptoms. Make sure you drink a lot of water, try and exercise (even a 10 min walk if you can make it), and my favorite that always helped me...hot baths. Good luck and hang in there. It will get better soon.

Well, its the afternoon and I'm still feeling good. Cold chills, which I can handle, but this lack of energy just plain sucks. I am dragging a$$ today. I went to GNC to see what I could find. I got these energy chews. Apparently I was dragging so bad I didn't look at the price tag. Damn $32 for them! They better freaking work!! Gonna try and make myself run today. Maybe that will help.

Hey...

Glad to hear that you're feeling pretty good at day 2. That's great! Did the energy chews help?

Kat

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Well, its the afternoon and I'm still feeling good. Cold chills, which I can handle, but this lack of energy just plain sucks. I am dragging a$$ today. I went to GNC to see what I could find. I got these energy chews. Apparently I was dragging so bad I didn't look at the price tag. Damn $32 for them! They better freaking work!! Gonna try and make myself run today. Maybe that will help.
    auburn the lack of energy when people jump is very common especially the first week. When you posted earlier at 3 30 you had not taken any subs so I don't know if you ended up dosing or not later but in either case you are doing great. Looking forward to seeing you post tomorrow and seeing how you are doing. will talk to you later.

Alex

Hey! Lol about the energy chews I did the same thing. They worked for me though! I could at least function. Congrats on day 2 omg!!! I was off a few days come back and your off!!! lol. Youll feel a little "off" a few days but hopefully not bad. Just rest when you can and don't expect too much out yourself the next 2-3 days...hopefully by the end of the week youll feel much better!!! Your doing it!!! Today and the tomorrow will probably drag but wait until you realize you havent thought about subxone NOT once and you forget about withdrawals! Such a good feeling Get well soon hang in there

Day 3 no subs! I'm not sure if the energy chews are working or not. I'm functioning, and getting what I need to get done, it's just haaaard. Really hard. I'm usually so go, go, go. I just keep telling myself "it won't last long, after a week it'll be better". I feel "off", and kinda "blah", and get irritated easily. But, hey...I shouldn't be complaining. Could be A LOT worse.

Gettin' your a trooper doing what you did with 3 kids! I now feel your pain when you were complaining of the lack of energy!

Streeter00 is offline New Member

Hey! Been following your thread ever since you posted on mine, and I just want to say that your doing great, and it's awesome that your staying so positive. Your going to be fine and make it out....I'm rootin'for ya. I've been there be4, and not that long ago at all, so it's fresh in my mind. Awright well keep us updated....see yas

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-02-2014 at 12:53 AM.

Thank you both. Today is day 4! All is well except for I'm FREEZING COLD with chills and sneezing. I think I feel a little better than I did yesterday. Anyway, just posting my symptoms so people can know what to expect. Rose, you're almost there, too! I know you must be so happy.

I do have to admit that I am a little scared being off this stuff. It was my "crutch" for so long, and I believe it did take my thoughts/cravings away. I've been getting that little voice in the back of my head these past few days. I just don't want anyone to think I'm just breezing through this no problems at all. It's still hard. I just have to be strong. Now the "real work" begins.

Milli Dropper is offline New Member

Congrats auburn girl on being off the subs. I am sure the symptoms will go away really soon. U did it the right way and will be able to handle what happens next. Keep up the great work. The ball and chain are gone and everything you do will be so much better. You are strong and you got this.

Morning Auburn!

Cheers to a fantastic jump!!!!!
    You feeling good today?
    I sure hope so. Happy Friday.

Rose

You did it! Congrats on your jump. I'm glad to hear you're doing ok aside from the lack of energy and chills.

I'll check in later...gotta focus on work.
    Kat

Milli- That's so funny...that's exactly what I used to call it. A ball and chain. I'm a slave no longer.

Milli, Kat, Bob, Rose, Jay (I'm worried about him ), you guys are right behind me and it won't be long. Trust me, it's not bad at all. I'm feeling better every day. Sleep is a little choppy, and I'm up at 5am, but I know it won't last forever.

I can't thank everyone enough for the support and just guiding me through this. When I found this site I was ready to jump off at 1mg. I had no idea you could taper down so low and do it with very little pain. This place really was a life saver. Just reading all the stories of people that did it gave me the confidence to do it, too. I wish yall could've seen me a few months ago. "I don't care if I have to stay on this forever....I absolutely will not go through another wd". I guess I was just clueless that it can be done without visiting hell again.

Anyway. Thanks everyone. I hope no one minds if I stick around and post some. I think this place kind of keeps me in check, if that makes any sense.

Happy note: Tonight is my daughter's piano recital and it'll be the first time I've ever been 100% CLEAN in many, many years. I know I'll enjoy it so much more just knowing that.

Have a great day everyone and keep on truckin'. Can't wait for yall to come to the other side.

Hey hun,

Just wanted to check in to see how you're doing. I bet you're absolutely loving being clean and free!

Yes, you should definitely stick around even though you've jumped off. There will always be others in need of helpful advice and support. You did a great taper. I'm really proud of you!

Hope you're having a nice weekend.
    Kat
    alexnt likes this.

Well, today marks day 9 I think. I haven't posted much bc I have just been feeling a little blah I guess and maybe a tad depressed? I know it's all normal. I didn't want to get on here and post a bunch of negative stuff. The good news is that my physical symptoms are getting better and better. Energy is slowly coming back (not as much as I would like though). I slept last night without taking anything to help (the trazadone). Mentally though this weekend was rough. I'm a little better now though and just pushing through those thoughts.

How are you doing, Kat? Have you made another drop, yet? I know those little pesky sweating problems were bothering you. I've got to run to work but I'll check back in your thread this afternoon. Have a good day.

Well. You guys will never guess what happened this morning at work. I walk in and get a "congrats, your been randomly selected for a drug test. You need to leave right now to go take it". Wow! Talk about great timing. That damn test had been weighing heavy on my shoulders for so long. It felt DAMN GOOD to go in there and not worry. I passed with flying colors. I'm pretty happy right now. :-)

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Well. You guys will never guess what happened this morning at work. I walk in and get a "congrats, your been randomly selected for a drug test. You need to leave right now to go take it". Wow! Talk about great timing. That damn test had been weighing heavy on my shoulders for so long. It felt DAMN GOOD to go in there and not worry. I passed with flying colors. I'm pretty happy right now. :-)
    Auburn I thought I had posted to you a few days ago but I see I did not or it did not go thru. You had posted about sticking around here and hoped no one minded. I jumped off subs almost 18 months ago and never have stopped posting here. I think it has been helpful to me in remaining clean. I see where your energy is slowly coming back and you were able to sleep without the trazadone. You mentioned the past weekend was a little rough mentally but you made it through and I am proud of you for hanging in there. It paid off earlier today with the random drug test and will keep paying off as you will come to see. You said your energy is coming back but not as quick as you would like it to. You were on subs for a long period of time so your body is reminding you of that now in a way. lol I am still waiting for my energy to fully return but since I am now 59 I guess I am stuck where I am. It will come back for you so just try to be patient. Will talk with you later.

Alex
    auburn girl likes this.

I thought I'd give an update since I'm feeling so......strange.

The physical symptoms are gone and energy sloooowly coming back. But this....depression? Sad feeling? Is getting bad. I don't know what's wrong with me. I should be happy. I should be over the moon right now. But all I can do is cry. I've cried all weekend and I DON'T KNOW WHY. I don't even know why I am crying! WTH? I guess I was silly that I didn't expect this. This and the thoughts of "I can never use again". Yesterday I tried to explain to my husband what is wrong with me. He kind of gets it. But he was also like "why would you be depressed, you have everything you want, a nice house, car, great kids, your off drugs, ect..." and he is right. I have no reason to feel this way. Or do I? Is this all part of coming off the sub? Really wasn't expecting this.

Sorry to be a downer. Just wondering what the hell is wrong with me. It's Mother's Day. I have a big day planned and so many things to be thankful for. And all I have is this empty feeling. I just want it to go away.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast