Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes
Down to 1mg, ready to be off looking for tips/support
    Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Oh hun, I'm so sorry. Yes, the sadness/depression is part of coming off opiates/sub. As you know, when we abuse for long periods of time, our dopamine levels get severely depleted. It will take a little time for that part to correct itself. But, it will! Have hope and try to take comfort in the fact that this part will pass. I know you want it over NOW! The emotional aspect is always the hardest part of this process. And yes, feeling sad/angry etc about "not using again" is completely normal at this stage. It's like we're mourning the loss of something great
    (pills), when in reality our mind is just playing tricks on us.

Take a look around at all your blessings: children, supportive husband, home, love from family.. and being clean! You're on your way to feeling much better. Just hold tight a little longer.

Happy Mother's Day, my friend.
    Kat

How are you doing? I hope you're feeling better. Hope to hear from you soon.

Kat

auburn girl is offline Member

Kat, you are so right. It is just like mourning something. And thank you Alex for reminding me that it will pass.

I am just taking this day by day. I still don't sleep very well, still dragging and don't feel like doing much. Honestly, I'd almost rather have the sweating/chills back instead of this mental >>>>. I didn't prepare myself for this. I'm better than I was when I wrote that post on Sunday, but still have bouts of crying and sadness several times a day.

It helps me to look at this on the scientific side of what is really going on...like the dopamine levels in my brain and all. My husband explained it really well to me, what is going on. It will just take awhile for my brain to heal. I wish I knew about all this BEFORE I thought it was ok to be on sub for years and years.

Sorry I'm not being very positive right now. Ugh. Well, off to work. I hope everyone has a good day. And thanks for checking on me. It's nice to have people that know what I'm going through.

How are you? I really hope you're feeling better emotionally.

Yeah, I would have never stayed on sub either if I knew what was at the end of it. As we know, breaking our addiction to opiates is probably one of the hardest things we'll ever do. Sometimes I daydream about how my life will be when I'm a year clean..2 years clean, etc. That sounds silly. I'm just so looking forward to getting back to "me"...back to my normal life.

I hope you have a good day.

Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    How are you? I really hope you're feeling better emotionally.

Yeah, I would have never stayed on sub either if I knew what was at the end of it. As we know, breaking our addiction to opiates is probably one of the hardest things we'll ever do. Sometimes I daydream about how my life will be when I'm a year clean..2 years clean, etc. That sounds silly. I'm just so looking forward to getting back to "me"...back to my normal life.

I hope you have a good day.

Kat
    Thank you. I think what screwed me up, is that I wasn't getting "high" off the subs. And even though I knew you would still wd from it, I didn't understand that I was still taking a very strong opiate every.single.day. So I thought it was ok. Boy, was I wrong.

I guess I'll keep it real and admit that I screwed up about my 2nd week in of being off. Not once. But three times. Three different days. :/ I will say that the guilt just about killed me. I felt like such a failure. Hated myself for it. I prayed that it wouldn't undo all the hard work I had done. And it did set me back a little bit. But the good news is, I think that I "got it out of my system". Meaning....I used again....realized what a huge mistake it was....and got back on track. So...had to reset my clean date. I am now 12 days clean. Still struggling a little. But getting there.

Been waking up at night dripping sweat and soaked sheets. I think it's the weirdest thing to happen 12 days later. You'd think that would be done by now. Guess not.

Kat I think it's a great thing to imagine your life clean 1-2 years from now. It's not silly at all. I can't wait to get back to my "normal" self. It's been a long time.

How are you doing? Still at 0.5? Has it been ok for you? Can't wait to see you finish. You've helped me so much.

And ftr it was subutex I took. I was curious if I would feel it (since I can't find anything else) since I was so used to the suboxone for so long. And it's not an option for me to get anymore. They are now hidden from me. Thank goodness. The first time I took to much and ended up puking and couldn't keep my eyes open. You'd think I would've stopped then. But it's behind me now and I'm moving on.

Streeter00 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by auburn girl View Post
    And ftr it was subutex I took. I was curious if I would feel it (since I can't find anything else) since I was so used to the suboxone for so long. And it's not an option for me to get anymore. They are now hidden from me. Thank goodness. The first time I took to much and ended up puking and couldn't keep my eyes open. You'd think I would've stopped then. But it's behind me now and I'm moving on.
    Hey I havnt been on here in a little bit but I was looking directly for your post to see what you've been up to. I saw you had a slip up, but you have put thAt behind you and kept going. You are in some tough days that I was through not that long ago. Sometimes when I talk about stuff on here I water it down, not to scare others into stopping subs. The struggle is real, it's not some BS. This is one of the hardest things well ever do in our lives, and as addicts are the cards stacked up against us? or do we use that addictive tendency to fuel a passion that we lost a long time ago,before we started. I still have tough days, but through this whole ordeal I have always been able to land on my feet. Literally meaning that I gained my intellect back and my positive mindstate being happy. Its not always there but each day clean makes me feel more like myself, and that was THE if not one of the things I wanted when I FINALLY quit after a long journey with subs. I'm just Sayin we can do this.
    auburn girl and MadMax03801 like this.

Thank you. I think what screwed me up, is that I wasn't getting "high" off the subs. And even though I knew you would still wd from it, I didn't understand that I was still taking a very strong opiate every.single.day. So I thought it was ok. Boy, was I wrong.

I guess I'll keep it real and admit that I screwed up about my 2nd week in of being off. Not once. But three times. Three different days. :/ I will say that the guilt just about killed me. I felt like such a failure. Hated myself for it. I prayed that it wouldn't undo all the hard work I had done. And it did set me back a little bit. But the good news is, I think that I "got it out of my system". Meaning....I used again....realized what a huge mistake it was....and got back on track. So...had to reset my clean date. I am now 12 days clean. Still struggling a little. But getting there.

Been waking up at night dripping sweat and soaked sheets. I think it's the weirdest thing to happen 12 days later. You'd think that would be done by now. Guess not.

Kat I think it's a great thing to imagine your life clean 1-2 years from now. It's not silly at all. I can't wait to get back to my "normal" self. It's been a long time.

How are you doing? Still at 0.5? Has it been ok for you? Can't wait to see you finish. You've helped me so much.
    Hey girl...

Sorry to hear you had a few slips. It's so true that getting clean is easy, staying clean is really hard. Is your husband still tapering and that's why the Subutex is hidden away?

I can't remember if you're involved with meetings, but if not you should really consider going. A meeting has saved me from using more times than I care to mention..lol.

I gotta get some work done. I'll check in with you later today.

Hugs,
    Kat

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-21-2014 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    Hey girl...

Sorry to hear you had a few slips. It's so true that getting clean is easy, staying clean is really hard. Is your husband still tapering and that's why the Subutex is hidden away?

I can't remember if you're involved with meetings, but if not you should really consider going. A meeting has saved me from using more times than I care to mention..lol.

I gotta get some work done. I'll check in with you later today.

Hugs,
    Kat
    Yeah, he's still tapering. He's at .25 and should be stopping soon. He's taking it slow. I'll be glad I guess when they are out of the house. They have to be hidden for now. How sad is that.

I have been thinking about meetings for awhile now. I haven't been to one in YEARS. There's a few reasons I haven't gone yet. You know, same old excuses....don't want word to get around town, I have a job that requires me to be professional and wouldn't want them to find out. Blah blah blah. I'm still debating on it.

Wow. Ok. Streeter, I had a reply written to you and I know for a fact I didn't cuss. Whatever.

I'll try to remember it. Um....First of all, thank you for posting. I needed to read that. Sometimes I see people who have made it and think "man, how do they make it seem so easy?". It's not easy! It's really hard! And on one hand I don't want to get on here and be all negative and whiney, but the other, I want to be honest and real. It is a struggle. But I'm making it. One day at a time. I've heard that phrase a million times and just now really "get" what it means. I do feel stronger now since messing up. And it's a good feeling.

Does this get easier with time??

Streeter00 is offline New Member

Wow. Ok. Streeter, I had a reply written to you and I know for a fact I didn't cuss. Whatever.

I'll try to remember it. Um....First of all, thank you for posting. I needed to read that. Sometimes I see people who have made it and think "man, how do they make it seem so easy?". It's not easy! It's really hard! And on one hand I don't want to get on here and be all negative and whiney, but the other, I want to be honest and real. It is a struggle. But I'm making it. One day at a time. I've heard that phrase a million times and just now really "get" what it means. I do feel stronger now since messing up. And it's a good feeling.

Does this get easier with time??
    Yes....obviously the physical side subsides quicker and the mental aspect lingers...but clean time heals. Try and stay busy and do anything that makes you happy. Like I said it is still a little up and down where I'm at, but the up side is the feeling you have where your happy again substance free feeling like yourself again....substance free. And for us addicts that is a HUGE landmark. I'm telling you get some good clean time under your belt,dismiss every single contact you ever had with your "old" life, and stay busy with what makes you happy. I know....easier said than done, but if you continue on this path you'll get there. We're not much different at all were dealing with the same BS. I understand that we are addicts, but I won't let that term navigate the rest of my life. We got this.
    auburn girl likes this.

I'm getting there. Some days I'm fine and don't think about it (using) at all and then other days it's all I can think about. It almost consumes me. I have found that a trigger for me is being bored. If I'm sitting around with nothing to do I will just obsess about it. It really is a fight in my head. One that I have to win.

Good news is my husband is on like day 2 of nothing. I want these damn pills out of the house already.

Hope everyone is having a nice 3 day weekend.

Member21 is offline Junior Member

I read your first post Auburn girl and a few others. You are getting great advice. Unfortunately for me, I got bad advice from my pain management Dr. He told me to take 2mg for about a month then quit! When I couldn't get from 4mg to 2 mg, I started reading then found the correct way. It's too late for me and I'm out and in withdrawal week 2. I don't sleep well so feel like >>>> in morning. I drink a smoothie, wait an hour then go for a brisk walk/run to release endorphins. That really helps when I feel like i'm about to jump out of my skin. after that, the flu like symptoms set in so I take Aleve. That's been my days so far. You are so fortunate you got this advice to do the right way.

Blessings
    Member21

Quote Originally Posted by Member21 View Post
    I read your first post Auburn girl and a few others. You are getting great advice. Unfortunately for me, I got bad advice from my pain management Dr. He told me to take 2mg for about a month then quit! When I couldn't get from 4mg to 2 mg, I started reading then found the correct way. It's too late for me and I'm out and in withdrawal week 2. I don't sleep well so feel like >>>> in morning. I drink a smoothie, wait an hour then go for a brisk walk/run to release endorphins. That really helps when I feel like i'm about to jump out of my skin. after that, the flu like symptoms set in so I take Aleve. That's been my days so far. You are so fortunate you got this advice to do the right way.

Blessings
    Member21
    Hey there. I just posted on your thread. Yeah, when I came here I was doing what my "brilliant" dr. told me to do. So I know the feelings you are going through now. It isn't much fun. I was lucky enough decide to dig around the net a little and found the perfect tapering plan along with an amazing support group. I've been off 20 days now, although I'm not quite sure how to set my clean date since I slipped up. If not for that I would have 2 weeks added on to that number. Anyway, it seems you are tough and know what you are up against. Have you tried any over the counter meds to help with the symptoms? Take a good vitamin, lots of water, I see your exercising and that was a huuuuuge help to me. There's other stuff if you look around the forum you'll find them. L-trysine (sp??) with B-6 for energy. Some people swear by it but I never picked any up. Instead I wasted $30 on some energy chew things. (they didn't work)

Here's to all of us being clean!
    Have a great day.

Auburn

MadMax03801 is offline Banned

Hey auburngirl! It's great to hear that you are clean, 20 days is truly awesome! I can only imagine that it isn't easy. I hear you 100% about the mental part being the toughest. I've noticed throughout my taper that a couple days after a drop I feel the physical >>>> and then a couple day's later I feel somewhat better physically, but the depression and heavy feeling set in. It is easier for me to deal with the physical >>>> for sure, I just ride it out. But the mental can be so damn discouraging! Hang in there, I've heard it gets better with time and I have to believe it. Even though it might take months to feel "yourself" again, you will get there, and so will I. I'm sure you are, but keep up the exercising. I read somewhere that as little as 12 minutes a day with your heart-rate above 120 can help restore the natural endorphins and cut down the time to feeling whole again by half!!! Exercise might become my new doc. HaHa. I guess worse things could happen. Keep posting.
    auburn girl likes this.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Auburn you posted that you slipped up on week 2 3 different days but it appears you have gotten back on track now. Was wondering what it was you used on those 3 days? Was it subs or actual opiates. You mentioned boredom being a trigger for you and over the years of my battles with alcohol first and then opiates later on that has happened with me also. You mentioned you have been debating about going to meetings. I don't know if you have been involved in the past with 12 steps programs or not but in my opinion getting involved with AA or NA increases the odds of staying clean big time. A good thread to check is in the need to talk forum named Ask Ruth about how important 12 step programs can help. Best wishes to you Auburn and I will talk to you later.

Alex
    auburn girl likes this.

Member21 is offline Junior Member

Hey Auburngirl, What bad advice did you get from your doc? I also had 2 pain management Drs. keep me on Gabapentin which helps deaden the nerves for pain. Both told me I could just quit because it wasn't an opiate. I got horrible anxiety and anger when I tried so it took months for me to taper off on my own. I found a new GP and mentioned that to her. She said abrupt stopping of that could cause seizures! I have been on Vicodin for 8-9 years because of severe arthritic pain from 2 neck surgeries. I was on it short term for surgery and had no problem getting off. it wasn't until the arthritis set in 12 years later and constant use caused cravings I couldn't control.
    Anyway, I think it would be hard for me if I still had stuff here I was trying to get off of so I feel for you. 12 steps groups are great because of the accountability and you get a sponsor you can call before you slip. 90 meetings in 90 days and don't feel like you have to do anything at first. Just go, sit and listen.
    I take Vitamins, D3, Fish Oil, and put powdered Vitamin C in my water. The Vitamin C has to be Acetic Acid base that gives it a tart lemony flavor. Acetate base is flat like baking soda water.
    I actually only woke up briefly last night instead of staying awake for hours but keep feeling like I have a bad case of flu in the morning. I ache all over inside and out. I take Aleve, Tramadol and muscle relaxant left over from years ago. Eventually it goes away in the afternoon but I don't have any motivation to do anything.
    I'm only 9-10 days clean now.

Hang in there, you're doing great.
    Blessings
    Member21
    Iwanttobeclean likes this.

Max- My husband jokes that I am addicted to exercise. I don't see that as a bad thing. I love running. It's my outlet. And it helps with the feel good endorphins in the brain. I go as much as I can, but with a bad knee not as often as I would like. I make it 3-4 days a week.

Alex- I took subutex. Stole them right out of my husbands bottle. I really have lost all my old contacts, so that's all I had to take. I guess I was just curious if I would feel it and I and once that thought got in my head, I couldn't make it go away. The good news is, it served me right. It made me feel like >>>>, I didn't even enjoy it. And man, the guilt. I hated it, and hated myself. Now I know, hey? Won't do it again. Still thinking about the NA. My worry is, I don't want anyone in town to know I'm still dealing with these problems. I have a good job, kids go to a good private school, it's a small town. People talk. I know, it's a sorry excuse. But I have no doubt doing the steps will help me stay clean.
    alexnt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Member21 View Post
    Hey Auburngirl, What bad advice did you get from your doc? I also had 2 pain management Drs. keep me on Gabapentin which helps deaden the nerves for pain. Both told me I could just quit because it wasn't an opiate. I got horrible anxiety and anger when I tried so it took months for me to taper off on my own. I found a new GP and mentioned that to her. She said abrupt stopping of that could cause seizures! I have been on Vicodin for 8-9 years because of severe arthritic pain from 2 neck surgeries. I was on it short term for surgery and had no problem getting off. it wasn't until the arthritis set in 12 years later and constant use caused cravings I couldn't control.
    Anyway, I think it would be hard for me if I still had stuff here I was trying to get off of so I feel for you. 12 steps groups are great because of the accountability and you get a sponsor you can call before you slip. 90 meetings in 90 days and don't feel like you have to do anything at first. Just go, sit and listen.
    I take Vitamins, D3, Fish Oil, and put powdered Vitamin C in my water. The Vitamin C has to be Acetic Acid base that gives it a tart lemony flavor. Acetate base is flat like baking soda water.
    I actually only woke up briefly last night instead of staying awake for hours but keep feeling like I have a bad case of flu in the morning. I ache all over inside and out. I take Aleve, Tramadol and muscle relaxant left over from years ago. Eventually it goes away in the afternoon but I don't have any motivation to do anything.
    I'm only 9-10 days clean now.

Hang in there, you're doing great.
    Blessings
    Member21
    This is the THIRD time I have tried to write a reply to you and I keep losing it. So aggravating.

Our dr. told us to get to 1mg (didn't tell us how, we had to figure that out on our own) and start skipping days. Skip one day, get stable, skip 2 days, and so on until we feel like we can quit. I was having problems skipping one day. It sucked and I kept thinking, no way in hell can I do this. Thank god I found this site. These dr's here are idiots. They just want your money. They won't take insurance. And what kind of dr. randomly asks a sub patient (an obvious addict), hey, you want some Xanax? Ugh. That >>>> almost ended my marriage. I was so mad. Anyway, I'm rambling and just hate how dr.'s can be like that. Oh, and my hub had been going to him for 7 long years and he never once mentioned tapering him off. Nice, huh?

I didn't realize you were clean. Congrats on that! I really did notice a difference around the 2-3 week mark. People aren't lying when they say it gets better. My sleep is improving (though still not great), energy is picking back up, and I don't cry all day anymore, haha.

The subutex is still in the house. At first I wanted to save it for "an emergency", or "just in case". Now I think we should just dump it.

All in all I am feeling good, strong, and that I can do this.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. We are going camping at the beach!!

Thought I'd give an update. Today I am 33 days clean!! That is CRAZY to me! I haven't ever had this except when I was pregnant. Probably in a good 15 years or so.

I am about 85% back to my normal self. Energy is great, I have a little depression here and there but it's not to bad. The cravings are pretty much gone. It was bad the first 2 weeks (that's when I caved and had to reset the clean date) and then I had a few more, but I haven't thought about it or craved anything in awhile. now. So hopefully I'm moving past that part. The one thing that still bothers me is sleep. It is still kinda hit or miss. I'm still taking trazadone for that. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't.

I hope everyone is doing well, and for anyone out there thinking of getting off suboxone, just know you can do it! It's NOT as bad as most think it will be if you do it the right way. I'm still thankful for this site and the people on it who helped me. Everyday gets a little better.

Auburn
    Iwantoff2013 and alexnt like this.

Aww so good to hear! My end date got set back too... So don't feel bad. Im still having some lingering fatigue but I get good bursts of energy in between. Have you been running as usual throughout? I remember you said your a runner. Congrats too. You EARNED this! Be so proud of yourself. Yes it is not impossible but it takes strong will power to keep pushing through. Proud of you! The fact that you were on for 5 years and doing so well is astounding! I hope others read this and take the plunge. Life is so much better being able to wake up and just leave the house and not worry/think/obsess over drugs. Hows your husband btw?

Ps: Dump that >>>>!!! It will be liberating! You dont need it and trust me when I say it is RELIEVING to know its not there anymore. So there is no option of going back. Also saw you got rid of the "contacts" glad to hear! For mood there is this vitamin I was recommended by a friend its called Chinese nervous fatigue formula. Safe to take daily for energy mood and anxiety. I looked into the ingredients they are all natural addict friendly! lol. Approved for people who WOULD make it a problem if there is a slight chance. I ordered it off amazon Ill let you know. I found out a friend had some "issues" getting off some pain pills after a tummy tuck. One prescription of 100 turned to 4...Same old story but she took this to help after for the energy and emotional lingering symptoms and was on it for two months and stopped with no problem. Its just a regular old vitamin. Also passionflower is safe for mood. If you look up non addicting herbs and vitamins there is plenty of good safe healthy things to help. As long as its healthy and "addict proof" theres no shame. 5htp is supposed to help promote serotonin production. Also mucosa pruiens....to help kick start natural dopamine...good to heal the brain after opiate use.

Oh one more thing! Amino acid therapy. Idk if your taking a B complex but that contains all the ingredients you need to support healing your brain. All the B vitamins nourish those receptors and prompt upregulating those "extra" receptors caused by opiate use. All those receptors not getting used is what is responsible for feeling like >>>>...for lack of a better word. The faster the brain upregulates those and gets back to normal the faster you feel better so just really nourishing your body-excercise. Which you have down! Lol and vitamins like B complex and eating good give your body what it needs to get back in balance. Pharmcology class and lots of research and nursing classes. So trust me! It works!

Hey, thanks! I have been running but last week I sprained my ankle (while running) so I'm out of commission. It's killing me not to be able to go run. I can barely walk. Thinking I actually may need crutches. :/ Since you are a nursing student, any advice? I have an ankle brace on and just take advil for pain. And it doesn't help a whole lot.

My husband is great. He is also completely off the sub. He had an easier time than me, and has been on it longer. It's so weird how people are different. He always did go through it easier than me, though. I don't know what he did with the rest of the pills. I certainly don't know where they are (hidden). I'll ask and let yall know.

I really think the B-vitamins, exercise, and eating right have helped me along. I'll have to check into that passionflower, that's the 2nd or 3rd time I've heard of it.

Hey there...

Sorry to hear about the sprained ankle. Ouch! I feel ya. I'm still having pain from when I sprained my left foot..and that was about 3-4 weeks ago! My doc said it was a really nasty sprain and would take a couple months to completely heal. You might need crutches? That blows. I hope your ankle heals quickly!

Good to hear that hubs is off Sub. Now get rid of those! Lol

I might check out that passionflower business, too.. Ya never know.
    Have a nice night.
    Kat

That is so funny I got on to whine about MY sprained ankle that has been killing me! Driving me nuts. Its my right driving foot too. Its now a beautiful shade of green yellow....grossness. I'm fine during the day until after driving all day by the evening I can hardly walk. I've even been sleeping on the couch because I'm afraid my husband or kids will bump it in the night. Bizarre...lol. We must just be injury prone right now. Everyone is tired of hearing me whining about it over here lol...so I was like let me get online and whine to them!

I feel your pain though! Can you walk on it/put pressure? See sprains are tricky....from what I know its just a balance of taking it easy/not babying it. I know you want to baby it but by not putting any pressure on it, it just makes it worse in the long run. So pretty much, its going to be sore...but just feel it out. If when you wake up you can function just walk around lightly and slowly and just try to take it easy. Definately no running for a while...sorry :/ but just feel it out. Like me when I wake up its really sore and achy but I get walking around and force through it and it loosens up and feels much better. Then I just walk only as need be. Park closer to things, try to avoid walking long distances. But still put pressure doing simple easy things. Try to lightly push yourself until its a little bit sore then you elevate it and baby it a little. Sprains are just weird. Its really your muscles and ligaments. Depends on where the pain is, if its a strain or sprain. Strain is muscle....sprains take longer to heal with the ligaments. I hope you didn't injure yourself bad enough to need crutches though. I've been on crutches too many times to count from broken toes! Try this tomorrow morning. When you first wake up soak in a hot bath....then see how it feels walking around after. A lot of times we baby injuries from the time we wake up because after being so still they hurt worse in the morning. But a lot of times you find out once you start moving around the pain will actually lessen. So try that and see how it works for you. I've had to take a bunch of baths because thats the only thing that gets rid of the pain and loosens it up and makes it feel better.

PS: I get my passionflower extract in the mail today.. I hope it works. I'll let you guys know. Along with the mucana pruiens and some 5htp. Obviously....I'm tired of being tired...lol...and that's healthy for you so I don't care! Today I felt like death when I woke up. Just no energy....one of those days so its the perfect "test" to see if this stuff helps. I'll keep you posted!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

I just drove to get my girls from school and now my ankle hurts bad enough to prop up! I was just thinking about yours I wanted to clarify. If you cant put pressure without being in tears after a week.....(after giving sometime for the muscles to warm up.....) or if you feel your ankle isn't sturdy enough to stand without that brace. Like you feel your ankle is going to give out, then you want to see a foot and ankle specialist. Not just podiatrist, a foot and ankle specialist. Just want to make that clear. I could put pressure uncomfortably but still felt perfectly stable and just sore by the 2nd, 3rd day. For bad sprains it could take up to a week before you can put pressure without severe pain. But yeah after a week if you feel your ankle feels just unstable, or it brings you to tears then you could have some tearing of the ligaments which in THAT case. You want to see a specialist because you have to brace that pretty well to heal right. Just don't want to chance it in that case...too many ligaments and bones in that area. Mine aches badly and starts making me wince towards the afternoon. But I know by how sturdy it feels Im fine. What does it look like now? Exactly when did you hurt it?

Kat, I thought of you when I sprained it and was going to bring it up. I remember when you hurt your foot not long ago.

Thanks for all the info, getting. It's good to see you back. You are right, it hurts the worst first thing in the morning. I get up and have to hobble to the bathroom. I CAN walk on it, and put pressure on it. It just hurts. I limp. It is still swollen. It's swollen from the outside ankle bone, the top, and the inside ankle bone. No bruising I don't think. I hurt it (not this past Monday), but the Monday before. Then, that Wednesday, I thought it was better and went and ran 3 miles on it. :/ It wasn't better and I think that made it a lot worse. I haven't been to a dr. bc 1. I don't think there is anything they can do besides say "let it heal on it's own" and 2. I can't trust myself to not try and get pain pills. I'm wearing a brace, but I still limp around. Luckily I'm off work this week so I've been (trying to) take it easy. I just want it to heal and heal QUICK so I can get to running again.

How did you hurt your ankle? How long has it been like that? I can't imagine it taking a month(s) to heal! Ugh!

Do let us know about the passion flower!

Hey I wrote a post about seeing a holistic dr today! GO read it she told me what to take to heal opiate damage! I'm so excited. Its too much to write AGAIN lol. But I posted a link to the stuff. You haven't heard of it I'm sure I never have! It works though I feel SO awesome today. Calm, SO happy, and NORMAL for once! She also told me about my sprain what to take. The dr told me this vitamin: Natures Sunshine brand...."Skeletal Strength". It helps with pain with herbs in it, AND it promotes healing it has a ton of vitamins. You actually have to ONLY take this though because of all the vitamins in it. It works though!!!! My ankle feels soooo much better and it doesn't just block the pain like tylenol and nsaids. It heals your body faster. It says take 2 but the dr told me for my sprain...take 6 per day for the first week then 2 a day.

The good news is you don't need crutches! If you can bear weight. No crutches needed. You are right. With sprains you just brace it and take it easy/balance with putting some weight to strengthen. So good you didn't waste that money. Right now your body feels pain soooo much worse too it takes a while for the natural endorphins to come back full strength so its gonna hurt like hell so much worse now then if you didn't take opiates. Its gonna be like that with any pain for about 6 months for you. HOnestly. It sucks I know. But just keep that in mind so tough through it and you'll be better before you know it! I swore I tore a ligament because my minor sprain hurts so bad. But yeah thats the brutal truth. We jacked our endorphins up, our immune system. Your gonna get sicker then other people, you'll catch everything. Your pain compared to someone with normal brain chemistry will hurt worse until those endorphins pick back up full strength. You'll get there! See more reason to stay the hell away from this stuff. Its brain damage literally! Luckily we heal. You'd be amazed at what we can heal from thats the good news! Hang in there!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast