Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree63Likes
Down to 1mg, ready to be off looking for tips/support

Also heat helps so much. Walmart sells cheap heat patches for .87 cents a peice and they work just as good as Thermacare. If you don't feel like taking a hot bath in the mornings....try those when you first wake up. You need heat to warm up those muscles. Muscle movement=heat. The problem being is it hurts like hell when your muscles are cool and stiff....from sleeping all night not moving so moving in the morning hurts. So if you apply heat to it first thing in the AM you help speed up that process. It works! Try it. Also the heat helps with the pain period.

OH and NO RUNNING!!! LOL STOP IT. You just aggrivated it more! LOL That's why its swollen! Running kills me. I don't see how you do it. But my problem is I never got to enjoy that runners high because I'd be dying from my asthma lol so running to me=severe lung and chest pain. Not enjoyable lol. My husband used to be a runner he loved it. He tells me how good it felt to run, I can only dream with my asthma it ain't happening.

It sounds like your at the point you aggrivated it so you need to give it a good 3 days rest. Literally try not to walk and keep it propped as much as you can for 3 days or so. Then you can put pressure by easy light walking. Just don't over do it. Your obviously not babying it. lol Your tearing it up...so in your case you need to rest my dear Sorry. You sound like me, I can't sit still. I hate laying in bed. That is probably why my ankle still hurts too. But mines not swollen anymore. You need to take it easy a couple days until you see the swelling go down then slow and easy. Don't run for a while though. Keep me posted on how it looks and I'll tell you if its safe to start running! I promise. The more you irritate it at this stage being so swollen (on the inside and outside) your just irritating the tissue. You need to ice and brace, and elevate as much as possible for 3 Full days make that your mission. It will heal much faster.

auburn girl is offline Member

Thanks for all the advice. It has been 2 weeks since I've ran. Gonna wait for it to heal before i go again. I try to stay off my feet but with my job and kids it's really hard to! I know I need to take better care of myself. I complain it hurts but yet I don't take the time to sit and ice it. :/ If it doesn't get better soon I may go to a dr. How is yours? (Ankle)

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hey hun,

Haven't seen you post in a while. Hope things are well with you. How's the ankle?

Hop on and let us know how you're doing!
    Kat

auburn girl is offline Member

Hi guys. It's been awhile since I have posted, but I am doing good! Still clean! 63 days I believe. Woah. That's the first time I've added up the days in awhile! Crazy! Still feeling good. I have had zero cravings since I posted about them awhile back. So that is great. Still having issues with my sleep. You'd think 63 days later it would be back to normal. It's annoying but I just deal with it best I can. I still have other lingering issues. Depression, empty feelings, but I know what it is and why so I just keep going. Life is good. I sure hope everyone is doing great. I will try and pop by more often. Everyone here helped me so much and I thank yall for that.

Rfootprints is offline Member

Hey Aub!!!!

Good to see you!
    I finally got my rear back here as well... Day 4 back on subs.
    1.5 mg... First drop tomorrow.
    I'm so thankful to not have the pesky hot flashes like I did last time (lol- I'm just hot all of the time right now... I do not have any AC in my life!)
    Anyways... Again, very good to hear from you!
    I feel good this time around.
    It's hard to think that "even one" will screw up a good thing, BUT IT WILL.... And IT DID!! Took almost 3 months to get back in here (and I am damn thankful that I did... My tolerance is the scary part.)

How's your summer going?
    Congrats on the 63 days girl!!! I'm very proud of you <3
    Take care
    Rose

Great to hear from you girl! So wow 2 whole months now! So glad to see you keep pushing through...you have become my inspiration. Proud of you! Hang in there and keep us posted!

Streeter00 is offline New Member

Hey glad to hear your doing well. Keep it up!!!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678