Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes
Down to 1mg, ready to be off looking for tips/support
    auburn girl is offline Member

Default Down to 1mg, ready to be off looking for tips/support

Well this is my first post. I came across this forum and have been reading all the incredible stories for about a week. You guys really are inspiring. Really brings tears to my eyes. I am hoping to have a success story, too.

About me.... I am a 33 year old mom of 2 great girls and have been an addict pretty much all my life. I've been on suboxone for about 5 years. And that's just a guess. It's been so long I lost count. I work part time, and no one knows my situation. My husband is an addict also and we are both trying to get off this >>>>. I have successfully gotten myself down to taking 1mg every other day. My plan is, next week to skip 2 days in between, get stable on that, and then skip 3 and so on. I am almost stable at skipping one day now, but did feel the effects at first. It sucked, but was bearable. Now, I think it's just all in my head. For example, today is a skip day and I swear I wake up real anxious. That's my mind playing tricks on me.

Anyway, I was just wondering if I am doing this the right way, or are there any other suggestions? Also... Has anyone jumped from 1mg? I noticed lots of ppl getting down to 0.5. I get the generic white chalky pills and it's hard enough cutting these things down to 1mg, and I have a pill cutter. If I try to cut down any more they kinda just crumble.

I have always been a baby and terrified of WD (been through it bad twice and dying would have been easier), but you guys make me think I can do this and it won't be to bad. Thanks if you've read this far!!
    Iwanttobeclean likes this.

Sharks fan is offline Advanced Member

Most people taper down to .25 mg and then start skipping days or jump from there. 1mg is pretty high, you probably feel ok right now because of the long half life of subs. I wouldn't recommend skipping days until you dose down to at least .50 mg, but .25 is preferable. You CAN jump off 1mg, but I think you'll be much more comfortable if you go a little lower.

The taper plan that most of us have used calls for a 25% reduction every 4 days, once you get to .25 mg you can start skipping days. A few members have tapered down to .125mg before they jumped off. It's really a personal preference at that point because it's mostly mental at such a low dose.

If you're having trouble cutting them, crush them up. That makes it a little easier to get your dose right. I used Suboxone tablets for a good part of my taper and I had no problems.

Good luck and welcome here!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-29-2014 at 10:53 AM.
    iloerose and Member21 like this.

This is the taper plan I mentioned, since you're already almost done you can skim over most of it.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sharks fan View Post
    This is the taper plan I mentioned, since you're already almost done you can skim over most of it.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html
    Thanks for the reply. I did read that, but like I said it's just hard to get the pill any smaller than 1mg. When you say crush it, do you crush and just try to put under your tongue? I've never snorted these. Hope I don't sound dumb here.

My husband and I have 5 or so pills left to last us till the end. He refuses to go back to the dr to ask for 2mg pills. We just don't want to deal with it anymore OR have another bottle. If they aren't there, we won't take them, ya know?? Not to mention we are tired of spending $100s of dollars on this stuff.

I guess tomorrow I may try my best to cut it again and continue my skip days until ready for 2 skip days. Thanks for reading.

Cut them up into the smallest piece you can. If that's 1mg you would crush that up and divide that in half, now you have two .50mg doses. Save one of tin foil, put the other dose under your tongue. Don't snort them, just put the powder under your tongue.

You can jump off 1mg, but it will be uncomfortable. Subs have a long half life so the w/d's last longer. A few members have jumped off 1mg so it can be done. Just be prepared to feel crummy for awhile. I can't tell you how bad you will feel or how long you will feel bad.

Cut them up into the smallest piece you can. If that's 1mg you would crush that up and divide that in half, now you have two .50mg doses. Save one of tin foil, put the other dose under your tongue. Don't snort them, just put the powder under your tongue.

You can jump off 1mg, but it will be uncomfortable. Subs have a long half life so the w/d's last longer. A few members have jumped off 1mg so it can be done. Just be prepared to feel crummy for awhile. I can't tell you how bad you will feel or how long you will feel bad.
    Ok I will try that within the next few days. Thank you.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-29-2014 at 06:09 PM.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Welcome to the forums auburn and my best wishes to you on tapering down and getting off of subs. I have to agree with what Steph (Shark Fan} has already advised to you. I would wean down further before doing the skip days and jumping off. 1 mg is a pretty good amount to try and jump off at. Myself I weaned down to around .18 to .20 before I did the skip days and jumped. That does not mean I am trying to tell you that you have to go that low before jumping. I have followed a lot of threads over the last 18 months on here and a lot of times people will jump off a bit early and last about 4 or 5 days and feel so bad they end up having to start using subs again and taper lower before they jump and in some cases they feel bad and end up using pills again. The less discomfort one feels when jumping I believe the better the odds are in success. Everyone is different of course and its your decision to make on what dose you decide to jump at but I really think you might be better off in the long run to drop lower before jumping. Keep posting your journey here as it helpful. Once again my best wishes to you.

Alex
    Sharks fan and Iwantoff2013 like this.

Thank you, Alex. Today I was going to try to cut the 1mg in half, but I didn't. I just kept thinking, "it's already so small", and psyched myself out. I did, however take the smallest 1mg piece I had. It's amazing how strong a tiny piece of a pill can still be. Tomorrow I will still skip, and try again on Tuesday to just take 0.5. Just wondering, has anyone felt the effects of going from 1 to 0.5?

I know you said I shouldn't do skip days, yet. But I'm doing good with it now. The first few days were hard but now its just a sleep issue. It's how my husband was told to do it, and he keeps the pills and despenses them out to me. So I really don't have a choice. : /

Wish me luck to get te guts to go down on Tuesday. And thank you for all the advice.
    kellyjean55 likes this.

The drop from 1mg to .50 mg is pretty big, so you will probably feel the effects. A 25% drop would be .75 mg, the taper plan that most of us used minimizes any symptoms. If there is any way you can follow it I think you'd be able to finish this last part of your taper off with little to almost no symptoms.

It's going to be difficult for you to get stable if you're skipping days. I'm just guessing, but I think you'll probably feel poorly for the rest of your taper since you won't have a constant amount of subs in your system. I don't think you'll be in bed or anything, but I think you'll feel something. Again, I'm just guessing because I don't know anything about the method you are using, I hope that doesn't scare you.
    kellyjean55 and iloerose like this.

The drop from 1mg to .50 mg is pretty big, so you will probably feel the effects. A 25% drop would be .75 mg, the taper plan that most of us used minimizes any symptoms. If there is any way you can follow it I think you'd be able to finish this last part of your taper off with little to almost no symptoms.

It's going to be difficult for you to get stable if you're skipping days. I'm just guessing, but I think you'll probably feel poorly for the rest of your taper since you won't have a constant amount of subs in your system. I don't think you'll be in bed or anything, but I think you'll feel something. Again, I'm just guessing because I don't know anything about the method you are using, I hope that doesn't scare you.
    Thank you. No, it doesn't really scare me. I know I will and am prepared to feel something and just tough it out. Pretty sure this going down this low won't be as bad as it has been in the past.

I have been doing what my hubby's dr suggested. (Btw- most sub drs here are quacks and don't give a bleep about us. One reason hub doesn't want to go back is bc the dr always try's to give him Xanax. And Hub DOES NOT take that stuff well, makes him a different person). Anyway, he suggested to skip days. Get down to 1mg, start skipping days, then get to where you can skip 2 days, then 3 and so on and off of it. I have told my hub that I would like to do it this way (the way you guys have laid it out), so we will see. Today I haven't taken anything, and tomorrow I am going to cut my 1mg piece in half, or as close to .75 as I can. Man, trying to cut these 8mg pills really is a PITA. So do you suggest I do that and just take it every day for awhile, rather than continue my skips?

Thanks for your help. I truly appreciate it.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by auburn girl View Post
    Thank you. No, it doesn't really scare me. I know I will and am prepared to feel something and just tough it out. Pretty sure this going down this low won't be as bad as it has been in the past.

I have been doing what my hubby's dr suggested. (Btw- most sub drs here are quacks and don't give a bleep about us. One reason hub doesn't want to go back is bc the dr always try's to give him Xanax. And Hub DOES NOT take that stuff well, makes him a different person). Anyway, he suggested to skip days. Get down to 1mg, start skipping days, then get to where you can skip 2 days, then 3 and so on and off of it. I have told my hub that I would like to do it this way (the way you guys have laid it out), so we will see. Today I haven't taken anything, and tomorrow I am going to cut my 1mg piece in half, or as close to .75 as I can. Man, trying to cut these 8mg pills really is a PITA. So do you suggest I do that and just take it every day for awhile, rather than continue my skips?

Thanks for your help. I truly appreciate it.
    As far as the taper plan is concerned, it would be best to go to .75 mg every day until stable. If you can manage 25% reductions at each drop, you'll have a smoother taper and jump. Like others already mentioned, it's best to skip days at the very end -- when you're down to .25 mg or less.

I'm tapering Subutex too. I crush 2 mg pieces into powder. Makes it easier. So to get to .75 mg, you can divide a 2 mg pile in half (to get 2 piles of 1 mg each). With a business card, take the 1 mg pile and split it into 4 even piles of .25 mg. Add 3 piles together to get to .75 mg. A total pain in the azz, I know. But it's necessary to try to be as accurate ad possible. Crease the card and pour the powder under your tongue.

You're so close now! I wish you all the best.
    Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantoff2013 View Post
    As far as the taper plan is concerned, it would be best to go to .75 mg every day until stable. If you can manage 25% reductions at each drop, you'll have a smoother taper and jump. Like others already mentioned, it's best to skip days at the very end -- when you're down to .25 mg or less.

I'm tapering Subutex too. I crush 2 mg pieces into powder. Makes it easier. So to get to .75 mg, you can divide a 2 mg pile in half (to get 2 piles of 1 mg each). With a business card, take the 1 mg pile and split it into 4 even piles of .25 mg. Add 3 piles together to get to .75 mg. A total pain in the azz, I know. But it's necessary to try to be as accurate ad possible. Crease the card and pour the powder under your tongue.

You're so close now! I wish you all the best.
    Kat
    Oh, kinda like a Goody's powder? That make sense. Thanks. The main problem I've been worried about is crushing them and making sure all of it still absorbs under my tongue, and doing the right amount. Do you just save the rest in foil like someone else mentioned before?

I'm sorry for all the dumb questions.

I have great news. I talked to my husband about this and he agreed this way is better and it's how we will do it. I was scared to ask, I don't know why. But he actually listened to me. He will have to go back to the doc, and ask for the 2mg pills. He is going this week. So now I am no longer skipping days, and when he goes to the doc we will begin going down to .75 and so on to .25 and be done. I am so very excited to be doing this the right way. The way I figure it I will be off in a month to a month and a half hopefully. Thanks to all for your help.

He even said he has been struggling more than he has been letting on (on 1mg and skipping 2 days between) but didn't want to let me know as not to scare me. So he is happy as well.
    alexnt and Iluv2smile like this.

That's great news. Yes, you can save the leftover powder for another dose. If you put the powder under your tongue you shouldn't have any problems absorbing it.

It is tough to cut the pills, I used a razor blade and while it made a mess I was able to get pretty close to the right the dose.

You will feel much better if you stick to the taper plan, don't start skipping days until you get down to .25mg
    alexnt likes this.

Update: I was finally able to get 2mg subutex. I can't decide if I will go to .75 or if I will do what my husband is doing. He is going to take his 1mg dose by taking .5 in the morning, and .5 in the afternoon. And after a week or 2, just drop the afternoon dose and only take the .5 in the morning. That is how I got myself all the way down to 1mg from 8-12mg. I'll probably do the .75 like you guys recommend.

Kind of a cool thing- when the hub went to the dr, he said 2 things first off. 1. "Please don't ask me if I need benzos, I don't want them and it's hard for me to say no sometimes", and 2. "I want the 2mg pills as I am getting off these". The dr. got up from behind his desk and started clapping, and then shook his hand. He said he has never seen that before, most his patients are always asking for more of this or that. He was happy/proud of him and I am happy for us. Ready to kick this plan into action.
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Congratulations, that's great that your doc was so supportive!

The key to the taper is being stable at a dose. You can't just pick a dose, if you aren't stable then you will feel bad the entire taper. Did you read the taper plan I posted early on?

Basically you need to be stable at a dose, stay there for at least 4 days, then drop 25%. Stable means you feel good, normal, etc. You may have a few minor symptoms, but you shouldn't feel like you can't go out and do your normal things. The drop from 1mg to .50mg is too big, he will feel that. The next drop would be to .75, at that point he could take his dose once a day. When I got down to smaller doses I took it once a day and had no problems.

So at this point you need to find the dose you are stable at and start from there. Stay at whatever that is for at LEAST FOUR DAYS, then drop 25%.

Good luck!
    Iwantoff2013 and alexnt like this.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Auburn Girl: at that low of a dose stick to once a day, especially since you've been doing that. You will have a harder time with the smaller doses later on if you split at 1mg. and then go to once a day later. Stick to what Sharks told you. Many people have done Robert's taper plan and gotten off with very few problems. Sharks knows what she's talking about. I am so glad that your hubby decided to do this and that you are both supporting one another!

Peace,

Iloerose
    Iwantoff2013 and alexnt like this.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

I hope you'll follow the taper plan. It's the best and easiest way to get off subs! I can't really add anything to what Sharks and Rose already said.

Good to see you got the 2 mg pills since they'll be easier to work with. Sounds like you have a decent sub doc. I wish mine had been like that. Every time I mentioned tapering off (before finding this forum) he would try to convince me not to. If he would have ever "clapped and shook my hand" I probably would have died from shock.
    LOL.

Good luck!
    Kat
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-06-2014 at 09:19 PM.
    alexnt likes this.

Thanks, guys! Yes, I have decided to do Robert's plan. I have told my husband of it, told him of this site and the success stories. I don't know why he is dead set on doing it his way. But that's fine. He can do that but I am following the plan. Tomorrow will be my first day at .75. I really appreciate all the replies and support. I will be checking back in to let people know how it's going. Thanks again!!

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by auburn girl View Post
    Thanks, guys! Yes, I have decided to do Robert's plan. I have told my husband of it, told him of this site and the success stories. I don't know why he is dead set on doing it his way. But that's fine. He can do that but I am following the plan. Tomorrow will be my first day at .75. I really appreciate all the replies and support. I will be checking back in to let people know how it's going. Thanks again!!
    Good to read that you are dropping to .75 just like the taper plan calls for Auburn. Glad you got the 2 mg pills as that will make cutting them up much easier. Also nice to read about a supportive Dr which is rare. best wishes and talk to you later

Alex

My hubby fought me too, maybe if he see you being successful and feeling good he will listen. Sometimes they have to see it with their own eyes.

Hey Auburn Girl and welcome!

I am currently weaning down from 2 mgs, I got down to .125 mgs which is a really low dose and yesterday was my first skip day! Today I'm pushing myself as far as I can go between doses. I would highly recommend keep cutting your doses every 3-5 days. You tube has a lot of good videos for measuring doses. Thats what helped me, even though I have the strips. There are still people who weaned off the pills. You need a scale usually or could maybe eye it with the help of you tube it will be down to powder. Thats ok though. The goal is to steadily ease your body through the wd...instead of full force shocking the body. This is NOT the withdrawals you are thinking. 1 mg withdrawals would suck.....BUT .5 WD would suck less, .25 mg would suck even less, .125 mg even less etc etc lol. I tried dropping from 2 mg and didn't make it. Now after weaning to .125 mgs I am super confident now I got this! I haven't taken anything since Sat morning and I feel ok truly. You can do anything you put your mind to. Do it the right way and get it done once and for all. Wean down right. Its worth it. Do it for your husband. Be his inspiration. When you wanna cry and whine about being tired or achy....suck it up for him. He needs to see you do this and I guarantee you he will follow in your footsteps. Sometimes us women have to show the men how its done haha....(kidding kidding guys!). But seriously...we had babies for christs sake....You can do this! It is not bad I promise. Check out my thread and you will see Good luck to you and I wish you the best! Give those girls a strong sober Mom to look up to!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-08-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Hey! Just checking in...Hows it going at .75 today???

Day 2 and so far so good! Actually I feel great! So far no real side effects at all. Just a little increased sweating. Blah. But it's not bad. I don't want to get ahead of myself, though...it is only day 2. I read you said days 3 and 4 were bad for you. Thanks for asking! I'm hoping if this goes will I will be ready to drop again next Monday. Since I've been on this stuff for years, I hear I shouldn't rush it. However, if I'm still feeling great I may drop this weekend. Then again....I'm getting ahead of myself. I may come back tomorrow with a totally different story!

How did your skip days go? Did you skip 1 or 2? I haven't had a chance to check your thread, yet. I'm off to get the kids from school but want to check back to see how you are doing!

jayryan is offline Member

Ya definately update us tommorro... I'm guessing you'll be fine...(hoping) anyways good luck and thanks for the encouragmebnt you gave me...reading others posts and seeing how strong and determined they are gives me hope and strenght and i see that in your posts/attitude...keep up the good work! Jay

OMG yes the sweating is so freakin disgusting. I feel like hosing myself off like 10 times a day. I was just responding to Kat about that too. By bad I mean the worse they were gonna get but they weren't "bad" bad per say. Def do able. A little more tired and achy then the day before...up until about day 5 for me the aches subsided more. Depending on the drop really...I really had to feel it out. Some drops were cake some were a little more difficult but you push through and you wake up feeling more refreshed and you get your "mojo" back about this. It really is a roller coaster ride..but we will get through together! So glad to have some tapering partners AND Moms/Dads who understand having "little needy people" at your feet when your feeling like >>>>. I don't feel so alone, happy to have you on board But anyways. Yeah if you feel good then your ready! Thats about all there is to it! You will know it and just can't let the fear of the unknown stop you from trying. We don't all have the same exact symptoms. So just because someone else is feeling really bad one drop doesn't mean you will too, that kind of thinking is what made me just suck it up and drop doses. You kind of turn into your own science experiment lol. I updated a little I tried skipping again today but had some killer killer heartburn. I almost thought I was having chest pains for a second until I burped lol. I ended up taking 1/2 of the .125 mg dose and it subsided. So I didn't make it another skip day...but I went down in dose. I'm debating on if I want to stay there taking 1/2 the .125mg now for a few days before skipping again or go back tomorrow to the .125 then skip the next day. I'm a mess today lol. Some days are better then others! Today is not my day. Saturday I was unstoppable. lol. I'll get there. Glad your first drop is going smooth! Stay positive!

TennesseeKid is offline New Member

Auburn Girl,
    Just wanted to stop by your thread and tell you I am happy to hear that you are at such a small dose! I am reading your posts and it is giving me the confidence and strength to stay true to my taper, even though it is just now beginning and all the hard stuff is in front of me. Being at 0.75mg seems so crazy to me but I know that if I keep to my plan and stay positive that I will be right where you are before I know it. Stay positive and keep on posting here, there's a lot of people like me who get strength from how far you've gotten so far!

Good morning! Hope day 3 goes as smooth as day 2 for you. Your almost through the "worst" of it which you will see is not that bad at all. Keep pushing through! Your making awesome progress!

jayryan is offline Member

So how you feelin today auburn...been trying to keep up wit u and kat and others...posting as time allows....your on day 3 at .75 is that correct?...how's it workin out? I know a lot of people say its day three when you feel the drop then you stabalize a few days later? I'm not sure how it works excactly i feel the drop within 24 hours and think i feel better after my last drop (sunday)...do wat works for you!

I'm just super interested as we are at similar places in our taper....looking forward to an update! Peace jay

Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeKid View Post
    Auburn Girl,
    Just wanted to stop by your thread and tell you I am happy to hear that you are at such a small dose! I am reading your posts and it is giving me the confidence and strength to stay true to my taper, even though it is just now beginning and all the hard stuff is in front of me. Being at 0.75mg seems so crazy to me but I know that if I keep to my plan and stay positive that I will be right where you are before I know it. Stay positive and keep on posting here, there's a lot of people like me who get strength from how far you've gotten so far!
    Wow, thank you!! That is so crazy to me, to think that I could help someone. Just so you know, I have been on this for several years. I was taking 8-12 mg a day. Before that it was Norcos and then Methadone. I just feel like if I can do this, anyone can. I started weaning myself down this past October. So...in 6 months all on my own I am down to .75. Well, I take that back. I did that all on my own to 1mg. I thought I would stay there for the rest of my life. That's how afraid of WD I was. Then I decided to google sub withdrawal one day and found this place. It gave me the push I needed and the hope that I CAN do this without the painful hell I have been through before. And guess what? So far so good! I'm not scared anymore. I know I can do it. And you can, too. We all can. I just love the support we all give each other. I honestly don't think I could do this without all of these people.
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast