Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gratefulforfina
Dr. Closed and was left cold turkey.
    Stevve is offline Junior Member

Default Dr. Closed and was left cold turkey.

OK I've started a new thread from this link.
    https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...o-66497-8.html

Bupe patient 14 months. Was on 8 mg one day, 4 mg next. Was supposed to drop to 4/4 this month. On 11-12 14 went for appt the dude was gone.....emptied out. Thought maybe I could tough it out. El Wrongo. Saturday I ended up hospitalized with what they thought was a stroke.. I tried to explain about Bupe, except as my wife likes to explain I wasn't exactly available for consultation. LOL
    I was talking pure gibberish. I have 5 hrs of total amnesia. All tests were normal No stroke. The Dr's there do not know about bupe, and really blew me off.
    Found a DR to see me Mon morn. Will take as much as she gives and will be reading up here for proper taper.
    Thank God I found you guys. Thanks for the lifeline.
    Steve
    PS, Did some research and found out what happened to my Dr.

Two Gulf Coast physicians lost their medical licenses Friday on similar charges, prescribing large quantities of addictive pain pills in ways the state said endangered the public.

However, the other physician whose license was revoked, Dr. Carlos Ganuza of New Port Richey, was still in practice with a clear and active license, according to records submitted for Friday's Florida Board of Medicine meeting in Deerfield Beach. ( This was dated in October)

The administrative complaint in his case contained 16 counts, including substandard care to five unidentified patients, over-prescribing of narcotics, inadequate records and "a pattern of practice ...which demonstrates a lack of reasonable skill and safety to patients."

Ganuza did not attend Friday's meeting of the Board of Medicine or send an attorney to represent him. In fact, DOH records say Ganuza was served with the complaint but never responded to it. Prosecutors said that means he waives his right to a defense.

Health News Florida phoned Ganuza's clinic on Friday afternoon after the board quickly and unanimously revoked his license. His assistant said that while Ganuza was there, he was in a meeting and couldn't come to the phone.

Farcry is offline Banned

Wow! That was your doc that got busted?

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Steve - glad you now have your own thread. Post here as much as you possibly can. It helps to look back occasionally. Keeps you grounded, to see where you were and how far you've advanced in the process.

Wishing you the best at your appt on monday.

Farcry, all may not be what it seems thru the grapevine. The DR. was a nice guy. I'm hearing it was the front office. Who knows? I got creamed, and I just wonder how many others. I have a 10:30 appt for new DR. Should be well again tomorrow to start a new journey.

Randy, thank you and will do.

Hi Steve,
    I was reading Alex' and lluv's threads this morning and read about you and your experience. So glad you cam to this forum and then started yourself a thread. It's like you said when your sponsor called you the day after this all started...no mistake that you've come to this place...and you'll be much better for it.

I was going to respond to you on the other thread with my input as I was immediately in agreement with the idea of not toughing it out! The dose of Sub you were on (8m/4 mg...which you really have to look at the 8 mg that was going into your system daily) was a really high dose. Too high to jump at that point...IMOP. Really glad you followed thru with getting a new doc.

Unbelievable on many counts! The doc (I know you said it may not have been totally on him but...) should have had a better system of checks and balances as this is totally serious stuff. My Sub doctor takes no chances.

The cost also totally infuriates me. There should be laws in place to prevent such blatant capitalism. $500 plus for the eval? Are you kidding me? My doc charges $70.00 per visit, doesn't make you come back overly often (once you've proven you have a support system and that you are stable and serious) and makes sure his patients have a manufactures coupon when they walk out of his office. I'm not saying he's not in it for the money as he's about to minimize his practice to only Sub patients but he's like 70 years old and knows he can basically make his nugget just off of these patients!

Steve, stay close to this forum. Post often. I don't know where my Sub use would be today if I had not come on here to get an idea of what others where doing about their need to get off this drug. Even as a nurse with many information recourses at my disposal, I had NO clue as to what I had gotten myself into.
    These wonderful people have either been there or ARE there and this is something we can do together. I could not be doing it alone. But that's me!

I have a long history with AA and swear by the beauty of the program. I know it's not for some people but I'm hoping to return with my head held high at some point. I've gotten away from it for a number of years (life totally got in the way!!!) and I miss the positive influence it had on my life. This forum is my lifeline right now but as you get more input and advice on here, you'll see that most believe in the powere of face to face support.

So your appointment is this morning...thank God! I hope this doc doesn't ask you to take that first dose in front of them cause you definitely need to induct at the lowest dose possible. Hopefully that will be their goal for you also but it may not be the case. Much better to start a taper from, say, 4 mg, rather than having to taper back down from a typical dose of, say, 16 mg so that many walk away on.
    Either way, you'll get what you need to get yourself on track. Then you can go from there, no matter what dose your on...and you'll be feeling sooo much better at that point. I'm glad for you. No one needs to suffer from jumping at such high doses...well, some have no choice, but we do.

Happy for you! Stick around! Great people on here and positive experiences to be had!
    You'll be on your way to taking your life back. Heck, you already are!

Looking forward to hearing from you when you get back from the doc.
    Peace!
    Beth/grateful

"Let our lives not be trapped by circumstances, and may love and redemption prevail"
    As shared by my good Friend, Kat!

Beth, thank you. At this point I really don't care how much bupe he sticks in my mouth. LOL Addict talking.
    I just need to feel normal again. Damn almost 2 weeks and still in a fog. Symptoms are easing. Actually got a little sleep last night.
    I will take as much as I can get and work from the message boards here about the taper. I have no ins to see Dr. so I believe it will be $ 140, but I do have insurance which will pay for Bupe, not sub.
    Thank you everyone, Steve
    PS will be posting after I get back.

Default What don't kill us makes us stronger.

Hi Beth, and all. I survived. I'm exhausted, but have had the pleasure of melting a 8 mg bupe under my tongue.
    Life is getting better. I'm sorry to make this short, but I left my house at 9AM for a 9:45 Appt, and finally arrived home at 4:30. Long story, long day. If it could go wrong it did. Yet thru it all I did not strangle 1 person
    If you will forgive me and allow me to fill you in tomorrow. Actually it might seem humorous in the morning....
    Na don't think so. God was testing me. I think I passed. "SERENITY NOW SERENITY NOW...." LOL
    Thanks all.
    Steve

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stevve View Post
    Hi Beth, and all. I survived. I'm exhausted, but have had the pleasure of melting a 8 mg bupe under my tongue.
    Life is getting better. I'm sorry to make this short, but I left my house at 9AM for a 9:45 Appt, and finally arrived home at 4:30. Long story, long day. If it could go wrong it did. Yet thru it all I did not strangle 1 person
    If you will forgive me and allow me to fill you in tomorrow. Actually it might seem humorous in the morning....
    Na don't think so. God was testing me. I think I passed. "SERENITY NOW SERENITY NOW...." LOL
    Thanks all.
    Steve
    Can't wait to hear the saga! lol. So glad you were able to get more Sub so you can do a proper taper and not have to suffer some drawn out c/t WD! Post soon.

I'm sure this goes without saying, but you have PLENTY of Sub in your system now. Don't take any more! Did they make you take that 8mg in the office? That blows. You could have re-inducted quite low. Oh well, we'll help you from here.

Kat
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-24-2014 at 06:11 PM.

AdInRecov is offline New Member

Hey I amn so sorry to here that m8, what kind of Doc closes , a doc giving out such a drug,

Hope your coping well and tbh I have just realized that everyone experiences withdrawal from bups in different ways, I hope you do not find much discomfort as u cut down, and wish u all the best m8

Morning Miss Kat, Today does seem a bit brighter. I wonder why. OK as for yesterday my time was off a bit so let's start from the beginning.
    What do they call it in a screenplay? Setting the mood? OK let's remember I'm still WD pretty bad and just want to be anywhere but driving all over town. (OK I'm whining ) LOL
    Left home at 9AM and had to stop off and pick up my Med Records. I was able to find out where The dopey Dr. had sent all our files. I called ahead and he said he'd have them at the desk. 9:15 arrive, no records. 1/2 hour later they find them.
    Drive 45 minutes arrive @ 10:30 to Dr. Do Paperwork, blah blah. $ 150 have a seat. 11:30 into room. 12:30 I finally ask nurse if it will be much longer (2 hrs already) she rolls eyes and says well it could be a while since you are a walk in. UMMMMM, No I am Not! I proceed to show her the sign in sheet the one that shows "Appointments" at 10:30" Truthfully she wasn't impressed. I went back in room and another nurse saw me steaming and asked what problem was.
    Once I explained she was so apologetic and got the Dr into me next. OK now we're rolling right? Well not exactly. Dr. She is nice.
    I told her I was on 8mg Bupe tab 1 day and 4mg (split tab) the next. Ins will not pay for film. OK so she says same dose. Except she says she does not want me to split pills and will write 4mg tabs. Says walgreens should have them.
    Get script, hit 3 pharmacy's within 5 miles of her office. Everyone says they do not have 4mg, nor do they make. Grrrrrrrrr
    Go back to office about 1:30 They are at lunch GRRRRRRR
    Bunch of people waiting to check in. I wait patiently, yet dying inside. LOL They open window at 2:00 PM and a rush for window. I just went right into door and grabbed the nurse and said fix it. Just have the Dr. rewrite it at 8 mg and I'll split them like I have for a year.
    She said there are 4 MG. So I had to put up with her calling 10 pharmacy's only to find out there are no 4 mgs.
    We're getting there. She rewrites it at 8mg and I'll split. I go back to pharmacy (walgreens) and machine screwed up and took 1:20 wait. Finally got home around 4:45
    I wanted to cry.
    OH well what don't kill us makes us stronger. I just kept reminding myself that everything that screwed up yesterday was because of a situation I put my self in.
    Going to melt one. LOL
    Thanks for listening to me >>>>>.

Quote Originally Posted by AdInRecov View Post
    Hey I amn so sorry to here that m8, what kind of Doc closes , a doc giving out such a drug,

Hope your coping well and tbh I have just realized that everyone experiences withdrawal from bups in different ways, I hope you do not find much discomfort as u cut down, and wish u all the best m8
    Adinrecov, I'm sorry, but I don't follow your question about "sorry to here m8 and dr giving such a drug" Could you clarify. BTW Days of 8mg is 4mg morn and 4 mg dinner time.

Hi Steve,
    Well, the good news is you're comfortable now...I hope!
    I'm always the one in the longest line at the grocery store and when I switch to another, I see the person who was standing behind me in the first line has just checked out and left....I'm still standing in the new line! Same thing if I switch lanes in stopped traffic, the original lane is sure to pick up while I'm left in the dust (I believe we call it Murphy's Law!).

But seriously...since you started off at 8 mg you'll have to go from there but it shouldn't take long at all to get lower as you went that stretch of time without any. Just have to let the 1/2 life catch up.

How r u feeling overall? I don't know if you have supplements yet but you'd be doing yourself a favor to take them. Have you checked out the Thomas Recipe?
    I take:
    a daily multivit,
    ER B12
    Super B Complex
    Vit C
    Magnesium
    Valerian Root or Melatonin at night sometimes. I have a great Calming Formula with these two combined but it gives me a hangover! I have Clonadine and Baclofen (Gababentin) should it get difficult down the road.
    I'm now drinking a ton of water and energy drops.

Overall, I'm feeling well now but it hasn't been symptom free, by any means. But totally doable.
    I've really meant to get L-Tyrosine and Fish Oil...also thinking about a protein shake cause I know I don't get enough!
    Lots of great advice on here regarding helpful supplements.

I came to this forum at 6 mg and had only been making really slow changes while listening to my doc (2 1/2 years on Sub). I'm now at 2 mg and started a different taper plan to get me from 2 mg to jumping off. I'll send it to you in case you're curious but I would listen to the advice you're going to continue to get in regards to Robert's Taper. Im really a Guinea pig for this taper...very scientific in nature as it relates to the 1/2 life of Subs but no feedback like wily path Robert's plan.

My username is Gratefulforfina if you're interested in my history. It doesn't really matter though...we are here now and that's what matters!

I hope you have a great night!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-25-2014 at 11:36 PM.
    Peace!
    Beth/grateful

"Let our lives not be trapped by circumstances, and may love and redemption prevail"

Here it is Steve. I'm NOT in any way telling you to follow this taper. I think yours should be much shorter than mine but I don't know. Follow the lead of our more experienced friends!
    Like I said, I used Robert's taper to get from 6 mg to 2 mg and picked this up from there. I'm 17 days in from the first dose of 2 mg.

This other taper says:

Take your dosage every 24 hours as follows (each number is one 24-hour period and numbers are in milligrams) or split half and half into a morning and a late afternoon dose...

2 mg, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1.5, 2 ,2, 2, 2, 1.5, 2, 2, 2, (this is where I am as of today, 11/25) 1.5, 2, 2, 1.5, 2, 1.5, 1.5, 1.5, 1.5, 1.5, 1.5, 1.5, 1, 1.5, 1.5, 1.5, 1.5, 1, 1.5, 1.5, 1.5, 1, 1.5, 1.5, 1, 1.5, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0.5, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0.5, 1, 1, 1, 0.5, 1, 1, 0.5, 1, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0, 0.25, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0.25, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0.25, 0.5, 0.5, 0.25, 0.5, 0.25, 0.25, 0.25, 0.25, 0.25, 0.25, 0.25, 0, 0.25, 0.25, 0.25, 0.25, 0, 0.25, 0.25, 0.25, 0, 0.25, 0.25, 0, 0.25, 0, 0, 0.25, 0, 0, 0, 0.25, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.25, ZERO As you can see, this has it's own version of SKIP days worked in so 0 is 0!

As you can see, there's a definite allowance to get you through the drugs half-life.

Anyway, thought I'd share as I'm doing what you're doing...letting everyone know what and how we're doing. This will get us to our ultimate goal,
    Peace!
    Beth/grateful

Hey Steve - Holy runaround batman. That had to be one of the LONGEST days for you ever!!!! I would have been a screaming fool by the time I left that place. What a joke, and I'm very sorry you had to put up with that mess.

How many of the 8mg subs did you get? If you got enough you might not have to ever go back to that circus.

OK, the taper plan that Beth is using and has suggested for you. First, I'm NOT bashing any other kind of taper method, if it works for someone that's fine. In MY OPINION I see 2 things I personally don't like about it -

1. It lasts a loooong time, almost 4 months!!!
    2. Your're on a specific dose, drop that dose, then RAISE the dose again. I assume it's meant to get rid of some of the half life build up, but it probably won't do that.

Everyone knows subs have a half life between 24 and 72 hours for most of us. The "mean" half life is about 37 hours. So reducing the dose in that plan 1 day just won't get rid of much of that half life. It would probably take at LEAST 2 days to get rid of HALF of what you just took one day, if that makes any sense?

Sub builds and builds in the system. You take more each day and that half life continues to build. You lower the dose 1 day, but right back UP the following day. It just makes no sense to ME personally.

I think I would rather use any plan that has you CONTINUALLY reducing the dose until you're off. I'm just not a fan of going UP IN DOSE for any reason!

Beth - PLEASE don't take this as me saying you're doing it all wrong. I don't mean that at all. You have my total respect for doing your best to get off the sub, and I'm VERY proud of you. I'm only expressing my own opinion. The plan does look appealing. I'm just not convinced it's better than the 25% - 4 day plan at all.

Steve - get on a smaller dose that keeps you feeling ok. When fully ready begin reducing.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Hey Steve - Holy runaround batman. That had to be one of the LONGEST days for you ever!!!! I would have been a screaming fool by the time I left that place. What a joke, and I'm very sorry you had to put up with that mess.

How many of the 8mg subs did you get? If you got enough you might not have to ever go back to that circus.

OK, the taper plan that Beth is using and has suggested for you. First, I'm NOT bashing any other kind of taper method, if it works for someone that's fine. In MY OPINION I see 2 things I personally don't like about it -

1. It lasts a loooong time, almost 4 months!!!
    2. Your're on a specific dose, drop that dose, then RAISE the dose again. I assume it's meant to get rid of some of the half life build up, but it probably won't do that.

Everyone knows subs have a half life between 24 and 72 hours for most of us. The "mean" half life is about 37 hours. So reducing the dose in that plan 1 day just won't get rid of much of that half life. It would probably take at LEAST 2 days to get rid of HALF of what you just took one day, if that makes any sense?

Sub builds and builds in the system. You take more each day and that half life continues to build. You lower the dose 1 day, but right back UP the following day. It just makes no sense to ME personally.

I think I would rather use any plan that has you CONTINUALLY reducing the dose until you're off. I'm just not a fan of going UP IN DOSE for any reason!

Beth - PLEASE don't take this as me saying you're doing it all wrong. I don't mean that at all. You have my total respect for doing your best to get off the sub, and I'm VERY proud of you. I'm only expressing my own opinion. The plan does look appealing. I'm just not convinced it's better than the 25% - 4 day plan at all.

Steve - get on a smaller dose that keeps you feeling ok. When fully ready begin reducing.
    My respect right back attacha Randy! I totally get it and agree 100% as I'm not convinced it's better than Robert's plan either. I won't know until I can share how it goes. Meanwhile, I'm trying not to second guess myself. I figure if it doesn't work out along the way, I know where to turn, right?!
    That's exactly what I said to Steve...I'm posting about it in hopes of support and feedback...exactly what you've just given me! We're good!
    Actually, I didn't suggest Steve try it and especially not at this point in time. I told him his taper should be much shorter than mine and to follow the advice of those who DO know. The blurbs above and below the actual taper are not my words, I shouldn't have included them in the cut and paste...sorry for that.

Steve, how are you feeling tonight? Keep posting often. As you can see, we're here for each other!
    Randy35 likes this.
    Peace!
    Beth/grateful

Quote Originally Posted by Gratefulforfina View Post
    My respect right back attacha Randy! I totally get it and agree 100% as I'm not convinced it's better than Robert's plan either. I won't know until I can share how it goes. Meanwhile, I'm trying not to second guess myself. I figure if it doesn't work out along the way, I know where to turn, right?!
    That's exactly what I said to Steve...I'm posting about it in hopes of support and feedback...exactly what you've just given me! We're good!
    Actually, I didn't suggest Steve try it and especially not at this point in time. I told him his taper should be much shorter than mine and to follow the advice of those who DO know. The blurbs above and below the actual taper are not my words, I shouldn't have included them in the cut and paste...sorry for that.

Steve, how are you feeling tonight? Keep posting often. As you can see, we're here for each other!

Thank you, Beth. I'm so pleased you didn't think I was berating the taper. I'm actually happy you're going with it. You can give personal feedback on it, good or not so good. I bet there are hundreds of silent addicts checking your every post concerning this taper plan. Who knows, maybe one day that will be the go to plan to get off subs!! Thanks again Beth, all the best to you!

-Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Gratefulforfina View Post

Hi guys, I'm still here, and believe it or not still alive. Umm, doing fairly well just lot's of family stuff here so no time to respond much less figure out the rest of my life. hehehehe. Just wanted you to know how grateful I am at this point to know I have somewhere to turn now my chemistry seems level.
    I'll be able to get on tomorrow and start figuring the how's and when's and whatnot's. The list of Vitamins and such in just looking seems I am taking a lot of them already.
    Thanks, Steve

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stevve View Post
    Hi guys, I'm still here, and believe it or not still alive. Umm, doing fairly well just lot's of family stuff here so no time to respond much less figure out the rest of my life. hehehehe. Just wanted you to know how grateful I am at this point to know I have somewhere to turn now my chemistry seems level.
    I'll be able to get on tomorrow and start figuring the how's and when's and whatnot's. The list of Vitamins and such in just looking seems I am taking a lot of them already.
    Thanks, Steve
    Lol @ "the how's, when's and whatnots"

Glad you checked in. Are you still at the same dose?
    Kat