Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nicille
Dr Gone and I'm gonna run out of Subs- Want to Jump from 2mg
    Nicille is offline New Member

Default Dr Gone and I'm gonna run out of Subs- Want to Jump from 2mg

I have been on subs since October 4th. Started at 16mg- have no idea why he started me so high. Did that for a few weeks. Dropped to 12mg for a few weeks, 8 for a month, 6 for a month, 4 for 6 weeks, 3 for 2 weeks now I am at 2 mg. Sometimes I do my own taper, which is where I am right now. My doctor had me a 4 and I reduced on my own to 3, and then to 2. I have 3 doses left. Called to make an appointment and my Doctor is out of town for a week. The receptionist was pretty rude to me for waiting to schedule. I've never waited this long to schedule, but my daughter was admitted to the hospital 5 days ago, and is still there. It's been a crazy couple of days. When the receiptionist was rude and unwilling to help me I got a little rude back with her. It wasn't bad, but I told her it was obvious she didn't give a >>>> about my situation. She told me my language wasn't acceptable, and I wouldn't be allowed to schedule an appointment at all. So now I'm just over this whole thing. I don't want to try to find another doctor, and I'm thinking about trying to just go off from here. So I have 6mg left, and would love some input as to how to use that 6 mg over the next week to ease any withdrawal. I realize this isn't ideal, but could really use some feedback as to how to best manage this next week. Should I try to go off all together and just use the subs for when I'm feeling really bad, or just taper down a little more eveyday until I'm out? Just curious if anyone has tried jumping off from 2mg, and how bad the withdrawal might be. Thanks

I would try to take them two strips you have left and use that as your taper. maybe CT for a couple of days then take as little as you can get away with of that one strip and add slivers till you level out, might be easier then CT from 2. It won't be easy but might be better then straight CT

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Nicille
    Welcome. So, you have 6 mg left. Is that three 2 mg strips?
    Good job getting down to 2 mg. Hold off jumping from there. If it was me, i would drop down to 1mg. There's a build up of sub in you that should hold you. In three days, i would consider dropping again. Maybe even to .50 mg for a few days. This would add up to 4.5 mg, giving you 1.5 mg to break up for the final leg of the taper. You could do it this way and jump from a lower dose. Plus, there's the skipping of days option. Reread Robert325's taper plan at top of forum--first post. He jumped from .5 mg. If you're going to jump, taper a bit lower first. Why cause ourselves extra suffering? It's highly overrated!
    Let us know what you decide. Best outcome!!

Thank you for the input. I have 3- 2mg tablets left. I have never used the strips. I've always been on the tablets. The tablets are tiny but I can for sure break them in half, after that it gets more difficult because they start to crumble but I will have to make it work. I'm going back and forth on this. If I taper that fast aren't I going to be sick anyways? If I just jump from here, and have the tablets for when it gets unbearable would the withdrawal will be quicker than if I drag it out by tapering down? But I definitely see the point in lessening the impact of the withdrawal with another taper. Ugh I hate the not knowing. Maybe I will try to skip 2 days and then go down to 1mg??

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicille View Post
    I have been on subs since October 4th. Started at 16mg- have no idea why he started me so high. Did that for a few weeks. Dropped to 12mg for a few weeks, 8 for a month, 6 for a month, 4 for 6 weeks, 3 for 2 weeks now I am at 2 mg. Sometimes I do my own taper, which is where I am right now. My doctor had me a 4 and I reduced on my own to 3, and then to 2. I have 3 doses left. Called to make an appointment and my Doctor is out of town for a week. The receptionist was pretty rude to me for waiting to schedule. I've never waited this long to schedule, but my daughter was admitted to the hospital 5 days ago, and is still there. It's been a crazy couple of days. When the receiptionist was rude and unwilling to help me I got a little rude back with her. It wasn't bad, but I told her it was obvious she didn't give a >>>> about my situation. She told me my language wasn't acceptable, and I wouldn't be allowed to schedule an appointment at all. So now I'm just over this whole thing. I don't want to try to find another doctor, and I'm thinking about trying to just go off from here. So I have 6mg left, and would love some input as to how to use that 6 mg over the next week to ease any withdrawal. I realize this isn't ideal, but could really use some feedback as to how to best manage this next week. Should I try to go off all together and just use the subs for when I'm feeling really bad, or just taper down a little more eveyday until I'm out? Just curious if anyone has tried jumping off from 2mg, and how bad the withdrawal might be. Thanks

DO NOT JUMP from a 2mg dose of sub. Very few people can handle the wd symptoms jumping from a dose that high. Subs is much stronger than most realize. I would use what remaing subs you have and taper as low as possible.

Follow what Ming suggests as that would work fine. Taper as low as possible with the 6mg you have remaining. Get your dose down to .25mg per day. While this is definitely ideal it's the best we can do with the subs you have. Good luck. We're here to help and support you through this.

Randy

paperplanepilot is offline New Member

While I haven't tried to jump off 2mg myself -fFrom everything that I've heard and read jumping off 2mg feels horrible, you should avoid putting yourself through unnecessary pain if you have to. You want to make this as easy on yourself as possible to avoid a relapse.
    I know the rules around prescribing Suboxone are very strict and vary by country, but is there another Doctor you can go to to try and get your script renewed?

Is there an advice line you can call? Here in Australia there are a few phone hotlines you can call if you are on opioid replacement therapy who will act as mediators between you and your doctor or pharmacy in cases like these. I think it's pretty common to have a falling out with healthcare professionals when they seem reluctant to help you when all you're trying to do is get better.

We also have a few doctors attached to needle exchanges that are more understanding of the needs of people trying to fight addiction. Can you give them a call and explain what's happened?

Do you have a pharmacist that you see frequently who dispenses your suboxone? If you have a bit of a relationship built up with them maybe they can call the doctors office on your behalf and see if you can get an appointment with another Suboxone prescribing doctor in that clinic. When my Dr goes on holidays he makes sure theres another suboxone doctor available to renew scripts.

If there's no phone hotline you can call can you maybe go to a hospital or an ER as a last resort? I know it seems like a trivial thing to go to emergency for, but once I went because I ran out of antidpressants and the doctor couldn't see me to renew the script and I felt like I was going insane and was distraught with thoughts of suicide and I went to the ER to explain what had happened because I felt I had no where else to go and they were extremely understanding. I think if you go and explain that you need your medication because you're trying to stay free of your addiction they should try help you.

Hello, nicille, how you felling today? What did you decide to dour?
    D.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I haven't dosed today. I actually got a call from my doctor's nurse last night. She heard about what happened with the receptionist and called me. She was pretty concerned about me getting really sick which was cool of her. I felt like the receptionist had blown things out of proportion anyways, and it was good to know my actual medical team does care about my health and recovery. She said there's nothing I can do until he gets back Monday, but I can go back and see him Monday. I have no idea why he doesn't have someone to write scripts while he is gone, but he doesn't. So I'm just gonna taper down to 1 mg and see the doctor Monday to refill. I have enough to stay at 1 mg til Monday. I think I will try to taper off this month with the 25% taper every week. Thank you all for your concern, help and advice. It certainly saved me from going nuts yesterday.
    formysake_nowwhat likes this.