Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes
Dropping off Subutex from relatively high doseage.
    coughxcool is offline New Member

Oops apologies. Just speaking honestly not really thinking about the rules. Im not recovered yet, very little sleep and sore limbs still persist. Hopefully they will die down soon though, i feel like im over the hardest at the very least. Just taking it one day (or sometimes hour) at a time.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Glad to hear that the worst has subsided. That's great! Are you taking anything to help you sleep?

I probably mentioned this before, but melatonin or valerian work great. I've heard good things about Zquil as well.

Wishing you better days!
    Kat

Ive tried melatonin but it has not helped. The problem with my sleep is every time i do manage to fall asleep i get the sweats, and then wake up shortly thereafter either extremely hot or cold. It then takes quite some time to dry off/warm up/calm down and get comfortable again. The time between falling asleep and waking up is quite short, less than an hour every time. Ive read clonedine may help with this but my doctors stance is that the only thing that will help me is to get back on and taper. Not at this stage, its been way too long a month to return to square one.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

I cannot believe your doc won't give you clonidine. Maybe another doc will? Worth a shot.

I totally understand being woke by the sweats & chills. That's the worst.

You're a champ, seriously. Try to hang in there. There's a member here, Harry Smooth, who talked about night sweats on his thread and how bad they were. He had to dry his sheets with a hair dryer in the middle of the night lol.

I'm sorry about the sleep issue. I know it's tough.
    You're kicking butt though!
    Kat

Ken2727 is offline Senior Member

Hey Cough just dropping in to see how you are holding up . Sorry to see about the sleep problems . Though I did not CT I experienced the same for the first week or so after jumping and even on and off beforehand . Many experienced people advised me on some things that did end up helping and I still use them to this day to help fight my insomnia ( had way before subs , taper , or even full opiate days ) . I will share in hopes that something may help .

I would rotate sheets daily . Starting by washing the previous nights each morning and ending with running that nights in the dryer warming them up before fixing bed and getting in it . Make sure I had all done so I didn't have to get back up . Then even though I am mostly a shower guy I would take a long bath with Epsom salts added right before bed , sipping on ' sleepy time ' tea as I did . The salts are great for relaxing the body and muscles . Before I would get in bath I would already have my ' go to sleep ' playlist pulled up and ready to play so when I was done I would get in bed , turn on soft music and turn off any and all light sources in bedroom . Last but I don't think least I would drink a bit of pedialyte to help with any cramping , RLS etc ( really think this helped me ) . Then get in bed and just relax to the music ... A little weird ? Maybe but it helped me greatly .

Wishing you better days with better ways . Be well with peace .
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-28-2013 at 11:01 AM.

Thats great advice thanks very much. Im willing to try anything at this point so I will definitely try all of that! I have been taking a lot of baths to combat the "eternal cold" others have described and it does help a lot.

Today is 17 days and its so much easier. These nagging problems are definitely inconvenient but Im so glad not to be dependent on subs anymore. I have essentially been opiated since 2004, with about a solid year clean in the middle due to rehab/halfway house and a lot of hard work. I want to get back in that shape and maintain it and be a healthy, responsible guy for once.
    Iwantoff2013 and Ken2727 like this.

Ken2727 is offline Senior Member

Hey Cough ,

Your welcome ! I was only passing on things shared with me and that helped when sleep was hard to come by in my case . I really hope something there can help in some way . One other thing I hadn't added is I was and still am exercising like a madman again . No matter how much I didn't want to , at the end , I would force myself and start slow but this also helped with my sleep and mindstate in my opinion .

It is nice to read you seem to be feeling better after 17 days and I hope each day progresses better for you . I wish you the best getting back in that shape and hope things are well with you .

Peace ,

Ken
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-31-2013 at 10:21 AM.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12