Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes
feeling shakey and speedy and heart racing from suboxone :(
    Kikker is offline Advanced Member

hey kelbel...this is what we're trying to get u to understand....while the clonidine is making u feel ok right now that may not continue to be the case. u stopped from a dose of 1 mg of sub and that is a fairly high amt to be stopping abruptly.

while it is possible the clonidine may be all u need to take, i fully believe that is not going to be the case. and if u don't have that subutex on hand ur gonna be having withdrawals from the sub and nothing to take that will make u comfortable. hope u understand that.

that's why i told u to get the subutex as quick as u can. ur doc agreed that the naloxone in the suboxone was causing u problems like we told u it was. i would definitely call ur doc this morn 1st thing and tell her u believe u'll be needing that subutex. if nothing more than to just have it in case u need it. i assure u it's better to have it and not need it than the other way around.

the half life of sub (suboxone or subutex) is UP TO 72 hrs or perhaps longer in some people. what that means is it can take up to 3 days or longer to get 1 single dose out of ur system. and if u keep adding to it like u were it keeps building and building in ur system. so u have lots of sub build-up in ur body and that is holding u right now....

but when that begins to dissipate u are gonna be feeling those withdrawals most likely. and because u stopped at that 1 mg dose ur gonna need to be tapering more slowly than just stopping where u did at that 1mg. hope this all makes sense to u.

bottom line is for u to get that subutex just in case u need it today or tomorrow. don't get caught without it and have to suffer. up to u of course...just trying to help.

kelbel123 is offline Member

Well, its been 72 hrs since no suboxone. I slept okay last nite i guess with the help of clonidine. But i still kept waking up every 4 or 5 hrs and then take a clonodine and go to sleep. Been up since 5am my symptoms r a lot of leg spasms and leg twitching from my muscles. Shakeyness. Last night i was sweating in my sleep. Wld get cold and then like a hot sensation on my skun. So i kept the fan on me. I want to take a vic so bad right niw. But i wont. My dr called this morn and said hes going to get me subutex. I am hoping the pharmacies have it in stock. He said that he hasnt perscribed that in a long time. Just suboxone. But becayse of the naloxone in it...the subutex i pray doesnt make me feel speedy and have those horrible symptims like suboxone did. I have a great bf taking care of my kids and a exhusband that dosnt help at all with the kids. He rarely comes around. I thankgod fir my bf. He dropped my kids off at school the past two mornings. Will subtext make me mire tired since it has no naloxone speedy effects in it?

be very careful with that clonidine girl. it's a blood pressure med and it works very quickly and also leaves ur system quickly so it makes u want to take more. ur pressure could drop too low and that will make u shaky and can cause dizziness and other problems. don't take more than ur doc told u too.

u need to get that subutex like we told u. some pharmacies might not have it in stock. if urs don't by chance i would go to another 1 that does have it. ur gonna be needing it.

can't believe u want to take a vic right now. that is NOT the way to go i promise u. u know where that road leads right? stay away from that garbage and get urself clean once and for all.

glad u have ur bf there with u. sounds like a good guy and is really helping u out right now. kudo's to him.

the reason u were sweaty along with chills last night was because of sub withdrawals most likely. one more time u dropped from a fairly high dose of 1 mg and that is NOT what u need to do. u need to get that subutex and begin to taper very slowly from it....

that will help ur symptoms so much. ur still gonna be having some symptoms because u have to remember ur tapering off drugs and they don't want u to stop taking them. the drugs will do everything possible to keep u addicted to them and make u want to take more. so ignore those symptoms as best u can and get back to business.

so get ur subutex and get back here and post. we'll get u going and set up ur taper process. follow that plan u have read. u were on a dose of .5 mg twice per day before with the suboxone. i suggest u go right back to that and see if the subutex makes a diff and u feel much better on it. i bet u will find it works lots better for u kelbel.

then we will taper u by 25% of that dose in a few days if ur stable and feeling good. that would mean ur new dose in a few days would be .75 mg and u need to switch to taking that only ONE TIME a day from then on. then u'll get stable on that dose for a few days and reduce again and so on.

if u work with us we'll work with u. take care and let us know when u have the subutex.

tks....kikker

p.s. i get the feeling u want to just continue to keep taking the clonidine and NOT take any more of any kind of sub. am i correct? because u now have the 72 hrs off of it u can certainly do that if that is what u are thinking.

just know that u are gonna continue to have withdrawal symptoms if u do it that way. and if u take too much of that clonidine and too often u are in for trouble of some sorts. if u are considering doing that u need to let ur doctor know and do what he/she suggests from this point on. i don't want to be responsible for any of that. hope u understand my concerns.

The dr is working on getting me subtex for two or three days. Im in a small town. I hope they have it. Shld b getting a call by lunch time. Well its beenover 72 hrs since i took suboxone. And i didnt sleep great. But idk if i feel better today or not. Is it all in my head...cuz i want so bad to reach for a vic buti know i have to b strong. I feel week and cold. I have my feet running under the bath as i sit on the toilet lol...is being cold a part of withdrawl. Plus im wondering if i shld use the apt jacuzzi. I just feel blah. And restless legs kinda. A lil shakey. Maybe its in my head. Depression too.

Ok.. I don't know whether to cry or be happy. the doctor said there's no subtext here in town yet till tomorrow. he said since I'm doing good already on the klonodine he wants me not to use the subtext since I'm already 72 hours over the subs. he said to continue taking clonidine and klonapin.... and she said it should be almost over then.. he did say though if I get worse for some reason they will order or be order the subtext for me. I'm still just so emotional right now I want to reach for that vic so bad I want to feel good

hi guys... here's another update. you guys might frown upon this but when you read the whole thing to the end you might smile I hope. when I first got on suboxin it costed me almost 300 dollars. also the subtext is going to be outrageous. I don't have a job right now since I was suffering from a vitamin B 12 deficiency a couple months ago forced me to quit my job. now I get shots every 2 weeks and I am so much better. the only insurance I have is government assisted insurance. the 2 doctors here in town that are supposed to prescribe subs that are under government assisted insurance no longer are in this town... go figure. 1 of them went to go work for a psychiatric hospital and the other 1 moved all the way to Lake Havasu. so now everyone in town has to go to a psychiatrist and pay out of pocket if they want to get opiate help. and this is really sad because there's a lot of addiction in this town. since I was on such a low dose of vykadin and I should have just followed my doctors first advice of weaning off to vykadin I think I never would have been through all this agony. his second advice then was to go on suboxin. so I chose suboxin since my boyfriend paid for it out of pocket and I knew that it works for me in January with no problems. I have to small children.. a6 year old and a9 year old. they are such good boys I want to be clean for them. so my psychiatrist that I pay out of pocket for who perscribes subs that everyone has to pay out of pocket for is going to slowly wean me off of the vykadin. I never intended to take more vykadin then I wanted or needed. but in March I went through a divorce a nasty divorce and of course I thought I'll take some more vykadin. New Years ago I had a scoliosis back surgery I have a 2 foot rod in my spine. that is what landed me on the pain killers in the first place. if I would just up to my normal 1 vykadin in the morning and 1 vykadin at night I would have been fine. I should have just stuck it out went to church going to counseling instead of popping vitamins when I was distressed during my divorce. and that is what has lead to all of this. so we are going to use a combination of clonidine and klonapin as needed while I am Cape ring from vykadin.

if I still had the insurance regular health insurance I wouldn't have had to pay for the subtext. I wish you both knew my whole story but it would be a novel and you'd probably be sitting there scratching your head lol. I hope you both aren't mad and continue to support me through this..

also sorry for the misspelling of any words I use talk to text because on my phone because I touch the letters there too sensitive and screw word up even more lol. so just so you guys know I do know how to spell haha....

i'm not smiling 1 bit. u want to use the vicodin more than u want to be clean it seems. u've mentioned in ur last 2 posts that u wished u could take a vicodin and it seems like u already have taken some.

come back when ur really ready to end the craziness and get ur life in order. i'm sure someone will be here to help u. i'm not judging u at all, but it was clear from the beginning that u just weren't ready to commit.

the vicodin won this time...maybe u can win the game next time...

I don't know what to do right now I'm just sitting here shaking my head. maybe God's testing me I don't know I'm just really upset right now. and I'm even more upset that the suboxin did not work for me. and I just want you all to know that I don't have an addictive personality I never did pot for did any drugs... just a vykadin. still don't know what to do.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

I'm not smiling either, kelbel. are you telling me that your doc put you on klonipin, clonidine, and is now going to taper xanax? I asked you earlier what your symptoms were and if those symptoms were tolerable. Since you are not working right now is your boyfriend able to help you out? You do NOT need to go back on the vicodin. Don't tell me you don't have an addictive personality: when you turn to drugs to cope with life and cannot stop that is addiction. This morning you sounded like you were coping fine with the w/d symptoms. I really doubted that you would even need the subutex, just have it around in case. Seriously, we can't help you unless you want off. You have to want this more than anything. Going back to vicodin and then trying to taper most likely isn't going to work. It's totally up to you what you want to do.

Rose

I havent even taken a vicodine. And yes i am ready to be done with this all. I just want it alll to go away. I want the subtext. Plz dont get me wrong. I am doing my best now with just the clonodine. Plz syat with me. I want this baaaaaaaaad. Everyone i know is broke. Subs are expensive iut of pocket. And yes i was feelin beyter with the clonnodine. But latrr today i started feeling worse. I never said i took a vic. Plz stay and help me. I want thiis. But i cant do it without u be angry at my dr plz dont b angry with me i have done nuthing wrong. No vics i swear !! I need u guys..plzzz

Rose i want to know that i start My subtext tomarro because thats wen the pharmacy will have it. I called my dr back and told him i want too do the subtext route. My boyfriend is willing to pay for it. I hope u read this and i hope ur proud of me

Kikkker i want u to kno that my bf is going to pay for the subtext. I called my dr and told him i want to go that route instead. The pharmacy will have it tomarrow for me.

Kikkker i want u to kno that my bf is going to pay for the subtext. I called my dr and told him i want to go that route instead. The pharmacy will have it tomarrow for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kelbel123 View Post
    Kikkker i want u to know that my bf is going to pay for the subtext. I called my dr and told him i want to go that route instead. The pharmacy will have it tomorrow for me.
    post back tomorrow when u have the subutex and we'll go from there. just like iloerose has said....ur an addict ans u are addicted to vicodin. u really have to WANT THIS MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE! PERIOD!

get rid of all the vicodin in ur possession if ur truly serious about this.....flush it all now.

sure the subs are expensive....but what kind of price tag do u place on ur life???

talk to u tomorrow.

I'll stay with you. But besides getting the subutex, you have issues you need to deal with. Like kikker said: get the vikes out of your house, period. A few things though:

How long have you been off of the sub?
    For restless legs: stay hydrated, get some gatorade.
    Insomnia may be part of your night: hot baths and go with the flow. Nothing you can do will change this. 2mg. of xanax is A LOT of xanax. do not get dependent on the xanax, along with the klonipin.

You will get through this! Check on you tomorrow.

rose

hi rose, to answer your question I took my last sub on Tuesday. I am now on my way to go pick up the subtext. only 2 pharmacies in town have it. they only have the generic in the pill strength of 8 milligrams. I figure it's going to be hard for me to cut up such a small pill that is 8 milligrams. but I know you guys will be able to help me on that. thank you for sticking by me... it truly means a lot rose and kikker. I will let you know when I get back from the pharmacy with my pills.

okay I am back with my kids from school and all the stuff I had to do today which wasn't easy. I have my sub you text now 8 milligram generic big white pill. doctor said the start of it for milligrams but I think that's too high until then I'm waiting for you guys before I take it.

Quote Originally Posted by kelbel123 View Post
    okay I am back with my kids from school and all the stuff I had to do today which wasn't easy. I have my sub you text now 8 milligram generic big white pill. doctor said the start of it for milligrams but I think that's too high until then I'm waiting for you guys before I take it.
    i'm not quite understanding ur post. looks like the doc gave u 8 mg subutex pills. is that correct?

how much subutex did the doc give u?

u were on 1 mg with ur last dose of suboxone so u should either continue with that dose amt or maybe even re-induct. lets see what rose thinks about it.

how many days has it been since ur last dose of sub?

looks like according to 1 of ur recent posts this is ur 4th day off suboxone. is that right?

DO NOT take a 8 mg dose of the subutex! that is wayyyy too much! that will make u very sick most likely...

u may want to reinduct at this point. let me know how much sub the doc gave u. and wait before u take ANY OF IT.

Hey, Kelbel, are you still with us? How many subutex did you get?

If you do start the subutex cut it into 1mg. pieces: Cut them in half: that's 4mg., cut both of the 4mg. pieces in half and you will have 2mg. pieces. cut each of the 2mg. into 1mg. pieces. Then only take the 1mg., you can also cut that 1mg. into two pieces and take .5mg. morning and .5 p.m.

If you haven't started the subutex, what are you symptoms exactly, right now. List them and the severity.

Let us know.

Rose

They gave me 8 mg pills. They r big and round and the prob is that they r very hard to.cut withouy vetting an exact dose. Dr wants me on the same mg that i was on. He saix to cut up.the pills like u said. But i think i accidently took a whole 1mg since the pill dosnt cut evenly. Im going to buy a sharper pill cutter. I took my pill at about 3and a half hrs ago. Right now im feeling a lot better. I tried to wait for your responses but i had my.kids school function to go to, and i didnt want to feel yucky. We had a good time tonigjt. I dont feel tired jusst normal. But the pill cuts bother me...cuz i want to have an even dose. The parmacies only had 8 mg pills. But they can order 2mg. It wld take them a cple days. thank you again for checking up on me this is helping me a lot I see that you guys help a lot of people you are wonderful people God bless you

Anonymous Guest

pill cutter. will get you down to 2mg ok. then crush a 2mg pile, divvy it into 4 small piles and they will all be .5mg. easy...

you should sort this out so you dont 'accidentally' do this often. you want to be SURE what dose you are taking.

thank you cheeky for the advice I will definitely try that. that pill is so sick and round and big is just too hard to make perfect cuts. yours sounds like a great idea.

Good morning rose ok.. I took mysubtext last night at 5pm i believe. And started to feel so much better. The strange thing is that i started gettinng the shakes, but they were very mild and it didnt bither me at all. I migjt have took almost up to a 1mg because that pill was such a pain in the butt too.cutt evenly i slept great and i took my morning dose and the same thing happened an hr later....except this tim my body stared shaking like a leaf. It still is and has been for 2 hrs now and its really uncomfortable. I took a clo.odine to help with the shakes and jt didnt even work. Maybe my body just dosnt like the subs? Or maybe i should jhst be taking a smaller dose, maybe even a crumb. Idk what to do anymore. Soboxone worked for me like a charm in januarg for the two months i was on it. And now my body seems to not like it. Should i just take a smaller dose? Shlld i just stick it out and c what happens? i know u guys r really knowledgeable about all this stuff, and im so happy i have this support. I hope my body adjusts to this sub because its been almost a whole month of not feeling myself

Roses and kicker where are you guys I've been posting and im shaking like a leaf! ((

Sorry, Kelbel, I was out most of the day. How badly are you shaking? Other symptoms?

Anonymous Guest

kelbel, you need to take ACCURATE doses. if you are on .5 twice a day. then taking AROUND .5 is not good enough. if you screw up twice, you are doubling your daily dose, which is why i think you are getting the shakes.

get the 2mg pills. before you screw up.

i think that is the main problem. your dosing is inaccurate.

get a sharp razor blade, try that. or do what i said and crush a quarter of the 8mg pill.

ITS VERY IMPORTANT TO GET THIS RIGHT. otherwise you are just guessing, and at small doses a mistake can be huge.

also, to make it easier, you are about ready to dose ONCE A DAY. yup, i dosed once a day only thru my whole sub treatment, and its fine. that way you can get a bit more accuracy as well.

come on mate. this is your healthcare, pay attention.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-27-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Anonymous Guest

and ps. you shouldnt be taking clonodine at this point at all.

i see a pattern of just taking something to ease the other stuff. gota get out of that habit mate

Kelbel, where are you?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast