Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes
feeling shakey and speedy and heart racing from suboxone :(
    kelbel123 is offline Member

Default feeling shakey and speedy and heart racing from suboxone :(

Hi everyone, i am new here. I read the threads all the time and decided to join in and that maybe someone can help me. I .have been on suboxone film for 18 days now. I was taking .5 mg of sub 1 time in the am and 1 time in the pm. My dr said i could.stop sub now if i wanted. Last night i didnt take my sub. It was too hard. So when i woke up at 6am i took 1mg. A couple hrs later, i feel all speedy with anxiety and heart pounding. I hate this feeling. Is this nrmal?? And when will it go away? I was abusing hydrocodones about 3 to 6 a day for a yr.

Kikker is offline Advanced Member

hello and welcome. i will give u the link to the sub therapy plan is that is followed here by most people. basically u reduce ur current dose by 25%. get stable on that dose for 4-7 days or so and reduce again until u are down to a dose of .25 mg or below.

here's the plan link....
    https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html

u always want to be reducing...not going up in dose. that defeats the entire purpose and can lead very quickly to addiction.

sub is very powerful and 1 single dose lasts a very long time due to the half life being so long. it can be up to 72 hrs or so in some cases. a little bit goes a very long way.

the idea is to get stable and then begin reducing. don't reduce if ur not stable and feeling good. u'll have problems as u reduce each dose then.

take the same amt at the same time each day. that keeps a steady flow of sub in ur system at all times.

read that plan carefully especially that taper section. it lays it all out for u and is easy to understand. if u have questions just post and someone will get back with u.

glad u made the decision to join...u've come to the right place.

another thing... u definitely didn't need the sub for ur hydro habit. i'm not trying to downplay ur abuse, but ur addiction was very low for u to be needing the subs.

u could have just went cold turkey and been finished in about 5-7 days or so. it's going to take longer to slowly reduce ur sub dose.

that's the secret to sub use....reduce ur dose very slowly to deter symptoms. no matter what u do the symptoms are still going to be there at some level, but if u go slow with the subs ur symptoms will be minimal.
    Mike_925 and kelbel123 like this.

Oh thank you so much !!!!! Now im mad that my dr put me on sub in the first place :/ especially if i didnt need it. Ok, so i will definetly follow the plan you gave me also tonight should i go back down to my regular .5 dosage at nite since i screwed everything up by taking a larger dose this morning?

u already took the 1 mg for today so i wouldn't take more until tomorrow. then go right back to ur 2 separate doses of .5 mg each. take 1 -.5 in the am around 8-10 and the other .5 mg dose in the afternoon around 4-6 pm.

remain on that dose for a cpl more days and reduce it by 25%. that would make ur new dose .75 mg. u want to begin taking that dose just ONE TIME a day.

remain on that dose for 4 days or so and reduce again by 25%....just like the plan reads. when u get down to about .25 mg i'll get with u and let u know what to do then. the plan tells u anyway but i should be around here. there are others here also that know what their talking about and can also help u.

be proud of urself for wanting to get off of it. being completely clean is the best feeling in the world.

ur doing great!
    kelbel123 likes this.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Welcome, Kelbel! Do what Kikker says to the tee and you'll be all right. If you do what Kikker says, you'll be off this stuff before you know it! I was a vike addict myself. I can't believe how docs put you on subs for a vike habit, but well if you're mad it will help your natural endorphines get going again. If you need anything POST. Any questions, and I mean any, POST. We'll be keeping an eye out for you

Peace,

Iloerose
    kelbel123 likes this.

Im feeling the same as yesterday. Is it possible that my little cut up pices of film .5 cld lose their potency? I still feel like im in with drawl. Shaking like a leaf, scared. I try to keep them sealed tight in ther pakage with a rubber band around it. Im shaking and going crazy cld it b possible the dosehashas lost its potency after a week?....ry guys for all ur suport. Sorry for the shakey hands.

Quote Originally Posted by kelbel123 View Post
    Im feeling the same as yesterday. Is it possible that my little cut up pices of film .5 cld lose their potency? I still feel like im in with drawl. Shaking like a leaf, scared. I try to keep them sealed tight in ther pakage with a rubber band around it. Im shaking and going crazy cld it b possible the dosehashas lost its potency after a week?....ry guys for all ur suport. Sorry for the shakey hands.
    no, they do not and will not lose their effectivness...

u went back today to .5 mg in the am and .5 mg in the pm. is that correct?

have u taken ur pm dose of .5 mg as of yet?

if u have and are still feeling rough then it's ok to go ahead and take another sliver of sub. a 'sliver' means a small piece of .25 mg. don't take any more than that.

post back and let me know what u've taken today pls.

don't be afraid...it's gonna be ok. sounds like u just need a little more sub to pull u out of it.

No i havent taken my regular doasage yet since its only going on 3:30 here. I was gonna wait till 6 like u mentioned yesterday. Should i go ahead and take my regular pm dosage now? Also i took my morning dosage at 6am tday like i usually do..
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-23-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Also i have the 2mg pills to break up and i prefere thoses. Wld it be ok to go back to them? Are the strip more potent then the pills? Im such a hypochondriac right now. Just want ti feel normal. Im a single mother with two small kids and a school function tonight. Ty again for all your support. I live in an area where theres not very much support and my fam and friends are all back in cali. Hope its ok to take the pill form instead. I will wait to take anything untill i hear back from you kikker.

yes, go ahead and take ur evening dose now. that should make u feel lots better. u can use the pills or the film. makes no diff if u mix and/or match. won't change anything.

let me know in an hr or so after u dose how ur feeling. like i said that dose should pull u out of it.

just relax ok...everything will be just fine. u are on a very small dose and it will be fairly easy to get u stable and off those subs quickly. we'll taper u down slowly and ur symptoms will be very minor.

get back with me in that hr or so. i'll check on u later.

Ty kikker i will go ahead and take my doss now. Promise to let u know in an hr how im doing

Ok i took my .5 an hr aho and i feel a lil wierd. Is it because i didnt wait rill my usual bedtime? Also i dont know if its anxiety or not but im just hoping that i dont have a speedy reaction like i did today. Is it too early to expect anything right now? My legskeep having muscle spasms. But not painful ones. I really wish this dr did nit put me on sub. Do u know y the past cple days wen i wld take my sub i felt speedy?? Is it a side effect?

i want to make CERTAIN we're on the same page. u took .5 mg this morning and another .5 mg an hr or so ago. is that right?

and the .5 is 1/2 of 1 (one) mg right?

i'm just making sure that u aren't meaning u took 5 (five) mg instead of .50 mg. that is a HUGE diff in dosage. let me know right away to make sure what ur taking. i want to be absolutely certain of the dose ur taking.

sub is extremely strong and powerful. a tiny bit goes a long way and lasts a long time due to the half life of it. ur habit was very very low. taking 3-6 hydro's a day for a yr is a very low amt. i'm not saying it doesn't matter cause it certainly does...addiction is addiction no matter what the dose.

ur doc was wrong to put u on the subs for the amt u were taking of the hydro's. can't help that now we just need to fix it....and we will.

because of the low dosage of ur hydro's i'm guessing ur very sensative to the subs. the strength of them is making u feel the way u are right now. to check it out and hopefully make it better we lower ur dose and see.

but before we do that post back and let me know the dose ur taking if it's really .50 mg or 5 mg. i'll be here for a bit.

just relax if u can ok. we will get u to feeling better soon.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-23-2012 at 07:58 PM.

Ok im taking .50mg not 5mg. And i took it at 4:30pm tinight and now its 8pm. I started feeling wierd right after i took it. Idk y this happens every time. I havent touched a hydro odone in 20 days. A cple hrs ltr i feel speedy anxiou, heart pounding, shaky and trembling. Kinda like a withdrawl feeling. I just dont understand. ...do u think im very sensitive to suboxone? I dont know what to do. I have to take 2 mg xanax to calm me down. Plus i have lomotil for my ibs diareah problems that ive had for years. Dr also gave me clonodine fir the night i went cold turkey off of hydro before i started the sub. But the xanax seems to calm it diwn.. Im desperate. Its been 20 days of feeling off and on like this. I am so greatful for all u...since i cant talk to my dr every 5 mins lol.

So, you are taking 1mg., doing .5 once in the morning and .5 in the evening. This isn't the first time that you've felt shaky, anxious, heart pounding, trmbling, since you started the sub? Does this feeling happen every time you take the subs?

Are you taking 2mg. of xanax everyday? How long have you been on the xanax? How often are you taking the xanax?

Are you still taking the Conidine.

I'm sorry that you feel this way. But there is no way that the sub should be affecting you like this is you've been taking 1mg. a day since you quit the hydro. If there are ANY other meds you are taking besides the lamictal, xanax, sub we need to know.

Iloerose

I take 2 mg of clonazapam every mornin fir five yrs cuz i wake up with panic and anxiety. I only take the xanax if i start feeling the way i feel wen i start trembling on the suboxo.e. I take 2 lomotils every morning for my ibs diahrea for the past 5 years. And yes, everytime i take sub, i get thess reactjons about a cojple hrs latr. I havennt taken any clonodine yet tiday. Dr gave it to me siince i was tfembling getting off the hydro befor starting the sub. I took the sub last at 4:30pm yesterday. All through the nigj last nite i was trembling like i was having withdrawl.. I was on the same meds and also the sub back in jan for 2 months and i never had this reaxtion.

I alao take 20g of paxil once a day for the past 10 yrs and never a prob. Only new thing is vit b 12 ????s twice a month since june since they found out throuhj blood test i was very low. But othed then that, no new meds. In fact wen i first took the sub in jan for two months it was wonderful. But i was tired all the time. Soo the do weaned me off no prob.

Now im desperate. I just want my body to function normal again. I see the dr this morn at 10 am. Hopefully he will figure something out. Kikker said i may be just really sensitive to the sub now.

Ok im taking .50mg not 5mg. And i took it at 4:30pm tinight and now its 8pm. I started feeling wierd right after i took it. Idk y this happens every time. I havent touched a hydro odone in 20 days. A cple hrs ltr i feel speedy anxious, heart pounding, shaky and trembling. Kinda like a withdrawal feeling. I just dont understand. ...do u think im very sensitive to suboxone? I dont know what to do. I have to take 2 mg xanax to calm me down. Plus i have lomotil for my ibs diareah problems that ive had for years. Dr also gave me clonodine fir the night i went cold turkey off of hydro before i started the sub. But the xanax seems to calm it diwn.. Im desperate. Its been 20 days of feeling off and on like this. I am so greatful for all u...since i cant talk to my dr every 5 mins lol.
    i think ur either very sensitive to the suboxone or possibly allergic to the naloxone that's in it. some people seem to be allergic to that ingredient. naloxone is added to suboxone to prevent iv abuse by addicts. subutex does not have that added.

inform ur sub doc what is going on and ask them if u can switch to subutex. that might not want to do it cause that is pure buprenorphine and can be abused more easily. buprenorphine is the 'active' ingredient in suboxone.

tell ur doc the issues u have been having with the suboxone and tell them u would like to switch and see if subutex works better for u. whatever u do DON'T tell the doc ur talking to some nut on the net about ur sub therapy. they'll just laugh and tell u to never believe what u read on the internet. lol.

just ask and maybe they'll let u give it a try. might just work and really be the problem. if they won't let u switch (and many won't for the reason i told u) we'll just continue to reduce ur dose and get u off it.

either way ur on a low enough dose to begin with. the 1 mg total per day is lots lower than what most sub doc's prescribe. read here and u'll see people on 8 mgs, 16 mgs, a sometimes 24 mgs. absolutely not needed by anyone i assure u.

don't get too stressed out if u can help it. i realize ur concerned, but just know u'll be finished very soon. ur doing very well and u should be proud of urself. keep taking that .5 mg twice a day like u have been and we'll lower that dose soon.

keep posting and let us know how ur feeling. how long have u been in the .5 twice per day? ur 1st post said u have been on the sub for 18 days. have u been on this dose the entire time? let me know pls.

take care and hang in there. we'll get it figured out quickly. call or go in and talk to the doc about switching. that would be ideal if they would agree to let u change to the subutex.

Absolutely, you've got it kikker. It's the naloxone. I'll bet. Call your doc and see if you can switch. I've seen people have that reaction. Yup. What kikker said.

Iloerose

Ive been on the sub .5mg 8 days. im afraid to take anymore until i see the dr at 10am, right now its 8:40 am. Im on arizona time.I havent taken any yet this morning. Since the symptoms have slowly started to go away since during the nite. Im now starting to feel relief after all that shakyiness all night.

i'm curious if u've been having these symptoms the entire time u've been on the subs or have they just recently appeared? i'm betting it's the naloxone and rose does also. hopefully ur doc will let u switch to the subutex.

let us know what ur doc says when u get home pls. i'll check in later and see if u've posted.

UWell u all seem to be right as well as my dr. He saild the naloxone causes all those symptoms ive described. He told me to stop the suboxone and take some clonodine today. He wants me to call him back later to let him know how im feeling. Well i took my clonodine an hr ago and my body feels almost normal he did mention that if it gets worse and not better by toarrow then he will put me on subtex. Is that stuff expensive out of pocket?

Dr said its the naloxone thats giving me all those problems. So he has me on clonodine and wants me to call him later. He said if i dont get better hhe will put me on subtex. Its been an hr after the clonodine and i almost feel normal and yes....i had the same exact symptoms everytime i took my sub.

Sorry guys...im typing from my ph and things r gettin a little goofed up with two messages.

UWell u all seem to be right as well as my dr. He saild the naloxone causes all those symptoms ive described. He told me to stop the suboxone and take some clonodine today. He wants me to call him back later to let him know how im feeling. Well i took my clonodine an hr ago and my body feels almost normal he did mention that if it gets worse and not better by toarrow then he will put me on subtex. Is that stuff expensive out of pocket?
    looks like we nailed it with the naloxone being the problem. the clonidine is a blood pressure med that helps with detox symptoms. so that should help u to feel better....

but stopping the sub completely can and will lead to more symptoms at this point. u still need to be tapering down slowly from it and not just stopping it abruptly. with him admitting it was the naloxone he should have given u the subutex on the spot.

i'm not sure about the cost of the subutex as the price varies in diff areas and places, but u need it no matter what the cost in my opinion. i would call him back later today and see if he will phone u in some of the subutex. then we can begin to taper u down from it and u'll be off in no time soon.

it won't take much to get u completely finished with it...

it's important for u to understand that u WILL feel better today due to the clonidine, but u will most likely begin feeling some symptoms either later this evening or tomorrow due to sub withdrawal. i would call him and have that subutex ready to go in advance. so give it a few hrs and call him back before he leaves for the day and get that subutex.

so happy he agreed with us about that naloxone. felt that was the issue. pls get that subutex and it will make us both feel better. lol.

was the doc thinking u could just take the clonidine and no more of the sub at all?

that would be great IF it were the case but i highly doubt it. u would be stopping from a 1 mg dose and that is pretty high to just quit from.

u should still be tapering down more until u get to a dose of .25 mg or even lower. and then skip days at the end. i'll explain it all to u later. let me know if he wants u to take that clonidine and stop the sub completely.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-24-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Let me add one more thing about the subs. Kikker is absolutely right you should taper the sub. SUBS HAVE A LONG HALF LIFE. You may feel fine for awhile and think nothing of it, but subs have a 72 hour half life which means that it take a while before the w/d starts. You were on 1mg., which is a pretty steep jump from subs. Clonidine will help with w/d symptoms.

keep us posted!

Iloerose

Hi guys! well I could not get a hold of my doctor like you wanted me to tonight. so that I could ask him for subutex. The clonodine seems to be workinng well. I will call him in the morning. Only saying I'm afraid of is how I will feel tomorrow but I still have enough clonidine. are the withdrawals going to get worse from here on to where I will need subtext? cuz the clonidine is working right now.... I am scared about if it's gonna work or not the next couple days. I hope he will give me subutext just in cass.

I'm glad the clonidine is working for you. However, I know my doc is not in at all on Fridays, so I would get some subutex, just in case. You've been on suboxone for 18 days? I've seen some people not have w/d at all, but to me that seems like a miracle more than anything else and not to be counted on. I'd get a hold of your doctor and get some subutex. What withdrawals are you talking about? Are you feeling any symptoms? Hope you have a good day! Of course let us know. I'll be checking in when I can, at work, I'm all over the place.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast