Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Randy35
Going through Suboxone Withdrawal
    Anonym47 is offline New Member

Default Going through Suboxone Withdrawal

Tomorrow I am kicking Suboxone for good cold turkey.
    I am really scared because I don't know how long it will take for my body to reset it self. I read multiple post, and they were helpful.
    I hope I make it.

James19871 is offline Member

Congratulations on making the decision to quit suboxone!!! I was on it for 12 years because I feared the withdrawals. Biggest mistake of my life. As of today I'm 52 days clean and so happy to be off that s***.

What dose are you jumping from? That will determine the severity and length of time of your withdrawals. At the end of the day, everyone's detox is different. The detox isn't easy, but it's a small price to pay for sober life, not shackled to a pill.

If I can make it, you can make it!! Don't just hope you can make it, be deterimined not to fail. A good attitude and determination will get you through this. Life is so much better when you get to the other side! I wish you the best of luck! Let know if I can offer any guidance.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anonym47 View Post
    Tomorrow I am kicking Suboxone for good cold turkey.
    I am really scared because I don't know how long it will take for my body to reset it self. I read multiple post, and they were helpful.
    I hope I make it.

Welcome!

I read your other post on someone else's thread and see you jumped from a 2mg dose of sub. And you had no more available. I'm NOT saying you can't make it because you certainly can, but it won't be easy. Sub is powerfully strong with a long half life so it can remain in your system for quite some time.

Due to the half life wd symptoms won't usually begin until the 3rd or 4th day after stopping. Then they usually get worse before they begin getting better. Symptoms from a 2mg dose can easily last 2 - 3 weeks, even longer. Sorry, I'm not attempting to sabotage your plan, just being honest and providing the facts.

Continue to post often for support, and suggestions of vitamins and supplements that might help get you through this. Be sure to pound down the fluids as that keeps you hydrated and also flushes toxins out faster. Exercise is key to feeling better.

You can do this, but it won't be easy. Many make it out and some need to get back on the sub and taper lower to be successful. If all else fails you could do that if you could get your hands on some additional subs.

As James said, as good attitude and determination will get you through. Get mad if you have to…it helps to let the subs know they are in a battle that you shall win!

We're always here for you.

Randy
    Ming23 likes this.