• 2 Post By Baseballwaslife
  • 1 Post By Baseballwaslife
  • 1 Post By Randy35
  • 3 Post By Baseballwaslife
Having a hard time tapering down from .5 mg of suboxone.
    Baseballwaslife is offline New Member

Default Having a hard time tapering down from .5 mg of suboxone.

I started at 8mg about a month and a half ago and went down to .5mg of suboxone but felt bad anxiety every morning when I would wake up. So I am now taking .75mg a day with no widrawal at all. How can I taper down from .5mg without feeling such bad anxiety when I wake up? Oh and I use to smoke at least 3 grams of tar everyday before I stared taking suboxone. I really want to get off subs but the anxiety is really bad on .5mg. Appreciate any feed back!
    Thanks
    Catrina and Sassysubgirl like this.

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hang in there Baseballwaslife there will be plenty of support here for you as I have zero experience with Subs.. welcome to the forum... Stay Strong for Today..

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baseballwaslife View Post
    I started at 8mg about a month and a half ago and went down to .5mg of suboxone but felt bad anxiety every morning when I would wake up. So I am now taking .75mg a day with no widrawal at all. How can I taper down from .5mg without feeling such bad anxiety when I wake up? Oh and I use to smoke at least 3 grams of tar everyday before I stared taking suboxone. I really want to get off subs but the anxiety is really bad on .5mg. Appreciate any feed back!
    Thanks
    Slow down. If you are still symptomatic and it sounds like you are, stay there for at least four days and if you're still feeling well, then reduce by 25% or down to .375. You may have a day or two of mild symptoms but push through until you stabilize again. Then reduce by another 25% or down to .25. If you have trouble stabilizing, then try reducing by less. Maybe 10%. You got down to this amount quickly and I'm sure that's why you are having trouble. Slow down and you'll do great. Once your dose is at .25 or lower you can jump or do skip days. A lot of people reduce all the way down to .125 and do skip days to make their landing softer. Good luck!

Peace,

Cat
    kay_gee and Lvg nghtmare like this.

Okay thanks Cat! I'll try and cut down 25% and see how it is being back on .5. Is there anything that can help me with my anxiety?
    Catrina likes this.

Catrina is offline Diamond Member

Okay thanks Cat! I'll try and cut down 25% and see how it is being back on .5. Is there anything that can help me with my anxiety?
    Once you get completely stable, your anxiety should subside some. See how you feel staying put at the .75 for several days. Exercise is probably the best thing you can do about that anxiety. Try going for a good brisk walk. There are some natural supplements like Valerian Root that you could try. Use it at night at first because it can make you sleepy but at the very least, it should relax you. Don't be tempted to add benzos into the mix. They might help short term but they're not worth it. Very addictive. I see that your anxiety is the worst when you first wake up. You can try deep breathing techniques too. Check out some videos on Youtube. Anything is worth a try.

Peace,

Cat
    Ming23 and Lvg nghtmare like this.

UncleLeo is offline Advanced Member

Hey baseball - did you always have anxiety, like pre-everything, something that precipitated your self-medicating?

And can you think back to what you used to do to ease that? Was it somehow baseball training related maybe first thing in the morning? Morning gym time or something? Retrace those steps...that's the only thing that works for me. Hang in there, it gets better.
    Ming23 and Lvg nghtmare like this.

no I haven't had anxiety problems until I started using oc & brown and I would only get them when I start getting sick. Anxiety and the restless legs was the worst part for me.

Is it better to take your dose once a day or twice?

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Is it better to take your dose once a day or twice?

We usually suggest dosing twice per day when on doses at and over 1mg per day. Once down under 1mg we suggest doing just once. Suboxone is intended to be taken just once per day. With a half life between 24 and 72 hours a single dose will last at least 24 hours, so dosing once per day is how this drug is intended to be taken.

Addicts usually dose multiple times per day. Need to get away from that behavior and that's the reason we suggest getting to once per day dosing as soon as a person is down to 1mg. It helps you mentally prepare to being off the sub very soon.

Now that not to mean you still can't split your dose of .75mg if you choose to do so. That's totally up to you.

Randy
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

I took one dose of .75 today. I’ll cut down to .5 in 4 days if I’m stable!
    Lvg nghtmare and Randy35 like this.

This is my 4th day on .75 and i have bad anxiety when I wake up but feel better once I take the suboxone and it kicks in. Should I cut down to .5? I don’t know what the right thing to do is.
    UncleLeo likes this.

Hey Baseballwaslife, Everything you are feeling and going through is all part of the process. Subs are strong as taper your body wants more, get yourself good and stable even if it takes a few more days there's no race.. This part of the taper is not a cakewalk so your going to experience some withdrawal symptoms, hang in there this too shall pass. Stay Strong for Today..

Okay thanks Lvg I’ll try a couple more days on .75 and see how I feel. So do I cut down to .5 when I don’t feel any anxiety at all when I wake up?

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Okay thanks Lvg I’ll try a couple more days on .75 and see how I feel. So do I cut down to .5 when I don’t feel any anxiety at all when I wake up?

Hey!

Just as Lvg suggested, spend a few additional days on .75mg to make certain you're stable before reducing further. If you go ahead and reduce and aren't stable you'll have trouble the rest of the way and it's difficult to overcome. Timing is everything on these lower doses of sub. Many people rush it wanting to get off quickly then wonder why symptoms are so terrible. Slow and steady always wins this race.

As for the next dose after .75mg....a 25% reduction from .75mg is .56mg. Not easy to get that exact amount so we round off the number either higher or lower to make it easier. If you reduce to .5mg that is a 33% drop and perhaps too much? You may really feel that reduction and it could take longer to stabilize. What you might want to do is reduce from .75mg to .6mg instead which is a 20% reduction. To get a dose of .6mg all you need to do is take a .5mg piece and add half of a .25mg piece (.125mg) together. That will actually be .62mg, but close enough and not difficult to do. Then your next dose after some time on .62mg will be 5mg.

Hope I didn't confuse you!

Randy
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

Thanks Randy! I really appreciate your help. It helps so much for you guys to really explain the process! I’ve been on opiates for 5 years and I can’t wait till I’m completely sober! If I keep feeling anxiety when I wake up do I stay on .75 until I don’t feel any anxiety?
    Randy35 likes this.

TampaFlorida is offline Member

Hello Baseballwife,
    If this would me me, I would stay on .75 until I have no anxiety. But during these extra couple of days, I would try to find out what it is that gives me anxiety ( being of subs, fear of wd...) I think there is something on your mind that is holding you back. I'm not saying that's "all in your head"lol. What I mean is, try to figure out what you fears or worries are. That will make it easier to control the anxiety.
    I don't worry about going to .5 at the moment. It's not a race. Maybe 10% reductions in the future? Keep us posted !

I just woke up a little while ago and I didnt have the bad anxiety that I usually got since my last reduction. Well see how I feel tomorrow. Thanks for the reply Tampa!
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.

Today was my first day at .625 and I’m gonna see if I have bad anxiety when I wake up tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Baseball
    How's it going? Be sure you drink plenty of water esp when u awaken. Subs dehydrate the body and one of the symptoms mimics anxiety. Several folks wound up in hospital from simple dehydration so drink up! Lol

I’ll make sure I stay hydrated! I’m actually always drinking something! I’ve been on .5 for a couple days and actually don’t feel any anxiety.. It must’ve helped staying on .75 for a little longer! I can’t complain things are actually looking real good for me but I’m a little nervous for my next reduction! Hope things go smoothly, wish me luck!
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.

FruitPharm is offline New Member

It's been a few weeks but just wondering how you are doing? I just want to add in case someone else comes to this thread for help...since the anxiety was in the AM right before dosing, I would say your plasma levels are dropping too low by the end of that 24 hr period. Either 1)split to 2 doses, or 2) take in the evening instead of morning. Being awake, you'd feel the anxiety come on slowly and it may be less problematic than being greeted first thing in the AM with severe anxiety that began to manifest while you were asleep.

Hello FruitPharm welcome to the forum. I see you posting your support to others here. You should start your own thread share your story with us here. It also will be easier for others to find you. Stay Strong for Today..

Thanks for checking up fruitpharm! I’m doing okay I’m at .3125. I still have anxiety when I wake up & I can’t seem to be able to skip days. I wake up everyday from 6:30am to 7:45am and I go to sleep around 12am every night. I’ll try to split the doses tomorrow and see how it works. Thank you everyone who took the time to reply to my thread. Sorry I haven’t been sharing how I’m doing...
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.