Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cherokee61
  • 1 Post By Beefaroni7272
Help! Im on suboxone and not sure which withdrawals im having
    Cherokee61 is offline New Member

Default Help! Im on suboxone and not sure which withdrawals im having

To make things shorter- ill start at- 20yrs of medically supervised opiates and finally getting surgery, the time came to drop opiates- i didnt have an “addiction” however due to experiencing opiate induced anxiety for 2+yrs, and hot flashes due to axiety, i started to take sunoxone to take edge off- that was end of april and since then the largest amt i am currently on is 1/8 strip once daily, but only since beg june- so im not sure if its feasable to think that im still having orig withdrawals or if i have to now actually go thru sub withdrawals and if so how long and intense will they b and what otc thing can i use to help? I really dont want to have to go bak to pain doc if i dont have to....thought i was done with that finally!! Im just concerned considering the amiunt of time i was originally on opiates....
    UncleLeo likes this.

Beefaroni7272 is offline Advanced Member

Hey Cherokee. Welcome!! Can you give us a little more info on your sub usage? What strength strips do you have? I know you said you took them starting in April. But then in June you were taking 1/8 of a strip a day?? I'm just trying to get a sense of your usage and timeframe. I know it sounds crazy but even 1mg of subs is a pretty hefty dose and it goes a long way. Give us some more detailed info on everything and I'll check back in later.

Have a great day!
    Beef
    UncleLeo likes this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Cherokee
    Twenty years on opiates will give u a withdrawal or two. If you only took subs since June, but were on opiates for 20 years, one would think ur still detoxing the opiates. When u say 1/8 of a strip, is that an 8 mg strip or a 2 mg strip? As Beef says, got mo info? You came to the right place, Cherokee. Post frequently and often to get more responses. Hang in there.
    Have u stopped the subs entirely; and if so, when?