Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
Help! suboxone and dilaudid trouble
    Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Don't be afraid to go below 1mg. If you have problems at day 3 then just taper by 10-15% instead of 25%. It isn't set in stone that you have to reduce by 25% especially as low as you are getting. Do what you can handle and still feel good. And take equal doses, don't take 80% in the morning and the balance at night. That leaves your body going up and down. It's especially important at 1mg and under.

I have been away for a week or so due to computer issues. I'll keep an eye on you but don't freak out at this point! You're so close right now to getting clean.

If you need to, break the 8mg pill into four equal pieces. Those will be 2mg each, no difference than having 2mg pills. You can crush up one 2mg piece into powder, divide it into four equal piles (just eyeballing it is fine) of .5mg each. Then if you need to take .8mg for the day as an example just take one .5mg pile and then get as close as you can with another pile. That extra .3mg would be just a little over half of that second .5mg pile.

Use a single edge razor or card to divide the powder. DON'T SNORT IT!!!! lol Then crease a business card sharply and pour the dose under your tongue. The powder will dissolve very quickly but it will work I promise. Been having people do this for years and it always works. Hope that helps. Stay in touch. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-25-2012 at 10:16 AM.
    soundboy1 likes this.

soundboy1 is offline Member

I was kinda wondering where you went but I figured you must have a life outside of this forum
    So the latest status update. I went back to the original dr who prescribed me the subs. I had a really rough week where I was just very unsure what I was taking. I'm a control freak I think and the mental aspect of the measuring is getting to me. In general I have a very high level of anxiety. The Dr. prescribes be Klonopin as well but it's a small dose. He also recommended I do liquid suboxone. He also suggested at this point that I go for a week at each dose and only go down by 20%. It seems reasonable to me and I am going to try it. I am still at 1mg. and will taper again thursday. I'm just a little worried about the liquid method. I've read some bad things about it and also good things. My main worry is if the liquid is all the same strength? Is this a legit way to get below 1mg? As far as scraping up piles Robert that is the kind of behavior I have to avoid. It's a major part of the addiction for me.

BTW he was extremely impressed with me. Last time he saw me I was on 26 mgs a day.... I told him that I was down to 1 mg and he was shocked!

Dude, it's the Klonopin you should be concerned about...not putting powder under your tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusMoonlight View Post
    Dude, it's the Klonopin you should be concerned about...not putting powder under your tongue.
    Sirius I had no idea you knew me so well. Guess what chopping up lines of drugs will give me an addictive thought that I need to avoid. RE: Klonopin. I have been on and off benzos my whole life. the withdrawal sucks but it doesn't make me puke for 36 hours. If you taper correctly from benzo's you can get away fairly painlessly. Esp. klonopin. It's nothing compared to xanax or valium.
    The only drug I've ever been addicted to that I had a hard time stopping is this suboxone ????. I quit >>>>>> cold turkey and that was easier than this. I just want to know when someone is going to start a class action lawsuit against these people and the fda. In this case the cure is nearly as bad as the affliction. If I ran out of subs I would have to have more. No matter how I got them....
    Anyway I've been doing the liquid method for 10 days now. it works out well 1mg of sub to 1 ml of water. mix it up measure it with a medicine syringe and you are good to go. No sickness since I started it. I did get hung up at 1 mg tho and am dropping to .8 tomorrow.I'm going away on the 25th and I would like to be almost done... By my calcs I should be at least down to .4 I figure I can drop another level while on vacation and then come back and kick... That[s the plan anyway! I'm already getting to the point where I'm forgetting to take it but that could be really bad. Anyway I'm done ranting.
    tl;dr people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones. ass

Update for the day... I'm on my 3rd day of .8 I'm starting to feel a bit nauseous but that always happens to me on the 3rd day of a taper. Thank god for the Klonopin. I know it's another addiction but what the hell are subs? For me and my life a much worse addiction. When I start to feel sick I take a klonopin and while I still feel sick I don't have the head games as bad. Which to me combined with the sickness is unbearable. I'm really happy with where I stand right now though. I am on schedule to be on .4 by my vacation which is in 8 days! Antigua here we come! Whatever I show up there on dosage wise I will probably maintain because I really don't want to go through w/d's on vacation. So I could be done in 3 weeks! Praise Jebus! I have kicked benzo's before and with the amount I'm on it should take no more than a week or 2. Problem is I really do get panic attacks and they suck. Not often enough to warrant taking prozac or whatever they prescribe to shut people up these days...but I'm taking klonopin every day so I guess there really is no difference. All I know is the first few days on SSID's make me feel so messed up that I would rather take benzo's everyday of my life...
    I just wish I didn't need sedatives to live. Nothing makes me happier than a chemical that makes me sleepy. I have a ton of personal issues that go back to my childhood but I really can't afford all the therapy it would take to wipe myself clean. So I rely on self help which sometimes leads to self medicating which leads me down bad paths. Anyway peace and love and be kind to each other. If you are only on this message board to feel superior to others than you need to spend less time on the internet and more time interacting with live humans. Just a thought...

soundboy ....... Stopping behavior that triggers our own personal addictions is imperative. If chopping lines, which is addictive-type behavior, is too much to handle then the liquid method is totally acceptable. Keep an eye on the klonopin but you've come a long ways on the subs.

If a person had a habit of snorting drugs or doing things that invovled chopping things into powder I would advise that person to avoid this method with the subs. We have to use our own best judgement at times as we know our weaknesses hopefully by the time we get to this point where you are. That is why I tell people to NEVER dose over twice a day, as most addicts are accustomed to doing drugs throughout the day which is addictive behavior. We need to break the behavior as much as the drug itself.

I always suggest handling one drug at a time with tapering, have done lots of benzo tapers after a person finishes the subs. Just keep to the minimum dose you can handle and finish off the subs as opiates seem to be your first and primary issue is my suggestion. If you aren't taking a big dose of klonopin it does make the sub taper easier at the end. Just be careful and mentally prepared for what you'll face when you're done with the subs. Everyone is different and we have to do what provides the optimal results in the end for us.

As we've said many times here, getting clean is a process, not an event. Sometimes we have to do what we have to do to cross the finish line. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-17-2012 at 02:20 PM.
    soundboy1 likes this.

I like that last line Robert thanks. I'm not happy about the Klonopin and I definitely am hooked but I know it and I know I can kick it. I am a bit worried about panic attacks though. I've had 3 serious ones and many mild ones... Well I plan on crossing that bridge when the time comes. Thanks for reaching out.

I am tapering to . 6 tomorrow. I am getting antsy and just want to quit outright... I know where that will lead though...
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-19-2012 at 12:30 AM. Reason: adding more info

I did not taper to .6 today. I had a really stressful day and I didn't want to risk any incidents. I have a problem/opportunity and maybe you guys can help. I have to take a drug test in no less than 3 weeks from today. I am on Klonopin and suboxone. I can't be on these drugs and have this job. I have to be able to drive even though I will be sitting in an office 9 to5. It's a total bummer. I have no idea how long any of these things stay in your system and I was not planning on being pill free for at least a month. What shall I do? I pretty much have the job if I pass the test. If I take the job I can transfer anywhere in the country and many other countries as well. I need this job. I've been groomed for it for years. I want to substitute someone's clean urine for my own but that makes me nervous. I sincerely doubt I will be able to pass my test with my own piss...

Well no answer is better than the wrong answer I suppose. I just went to Antigua where I was at an all inclusive booze and food resort. It's really fun witha nice beach just steps away from our room... Problem is the booze. I was pretty good but I had 2 nights where I drank which I am definitely not supposed to do. I didn't mess up my subs though I stayed at .6 which i had tapered to a bit before leaving. I think I will go to .4 tomorrow and then things get serious.

I was just wondering if anyone knows any natural remedy to at least ease the nausea?

Or even Pepto or Maalox does any of that stuff work to help? If so I have some purchases to make! It's exciting in it's own gross way.

Quote Originally Posted by soundboy1 View Post
    Well no answer is better than the wrong answer I suppose. I just went to Antigua where I was at an all inclusive booze and food resort. It's really fun witha nice beach just steps away from our room... Problem is the booze. I was pretty good but I had 2 nights where I drank which I am definitely not supposed to do. I didn't mess up my subs though I stayed at .6 which i had tapered to a bit before leaving. I think I will go to .4 tomorrow and then things get serious.

I was just wondering if anyone knows any natural remedy to at least ease the nausea?

Or even Pepto or Maalox does any of that stuff work to help? If so I have some purchases to make! It's exciting in it's own gross way.

If it's just an upset stomach pepto is okay, alka seltzer even helps. If it's diarrhea getting you then go to imodium AD. It will work! Stay in touch. God bless.

Tomorrow will be my 3rd day at .4 A lot of the side effects are winding down. For instance I am lactose intolerant. But I found that the sub made it go away for the most part. I guess by slowing down my digestive system? Well anyway that stopped and my lactose intolerance is back. I thought it was the subs but I can tell the difference. The difference is the lactose sickness goes away once you have gotten rid of the toxins... sub sickness feels deeper I guess and lasts longer. So anyway I am getting close to .2 and I think I will go to that for a few days then try to skip a day...Should I split the .2 in half if possible?
    Thanks for everything Robert we are getting there! I also started reducing my klonopin. why the hell not...oh and I am going to stock up on alka seltzer. It's always helped me in the past with hangovers or whatever...And Robert no diarrhea yet but I read that immodium is ineffectual because the active ingredient loperamide is actually opiate based...Any thoughts on that?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-09-2012 at 10:45 PM. Reason: one more thing

Hello all. I am on my 4th day at .4 mgs I take it twice daily. I break up the suboxone and mix it with water at a 1 mg-2ml ratio. So .4 mgs ends up becoming .8 ml of sub water. This has helped me so much. Before I was pretty much guessing at my dosage and it wasn't always working. This has been the best taper so far. I was mildly sick this morning and it went away pretty quick. I plan on going to .2 on Tuesday. I have to make a new mixture and I may actually change my ratio to 1mg-4ml. It just makes it easier to ingest.
    in the last 2 months I have probably taken 4-5 8 mg pills. It's crazy that something so tiny can get you so wacked but it really is super powerful. So my sub journey is almost over.( I hope) I have learned a lot the main thing being that don't mess with stuff you don't know anything about. I scored my first subs on the street,I did a tiny bit of research and I thought I knew everything. Wrong. I had no idea how instantly addictive it was. Subs must be great for people with real >>>>>> habits. I probably didn't need them but they have actually been beneficial. I had been dabbling with vikes and oxy's and I'm sure I would have only gotten worse. It also helped me with my self control in general. There are tons of painkillers in this house and I don't even feel tempted! I don't know if that will go away with the subs but I hope not. Anyway just checking in. Selah!

Suboxowned is offline Member

Wow! You have come a long way! Congrats on your successful Sub taper journey! I have tapered down from 12-16mgs to 1mg. This is where I have stayed for 3 weeks. I had foot surgery and a minor setback so I'm staying here for a while until I heal then its back on the train. Since I have dropped so low, I have noticed a lot of good things coming back. Like mental clarity, being regular (again) and actually wanting to have a life outside of my dungeon (house). I'm still healing. I have a few more weeks to go with that. But, if it takes me 2-3 more months of tapering, I don't care as long as it is successful.
    Stay strong for your family
    soundboy1 likes this.

Good luck!! that 1mg barrier was hard for me to break and I went back above it a few times... If you can get the 2mg pills do it. it makes life so much easier. I tapered today to .3 instead of .2. I know I am just prolonging the inevitable but I think that it will be an easy taper after that it's almost all over. My wife keeps asking me why it's taking so long and I don't have a quick answer. She hates that I'm on it but must love me an awful lot for putting up with so much shadiness. I feel like I've been cheating on her. We have some work to do on our relationship mostly my fault...

Ok so I tried this once before and it did not go through today. I jumped today!!!!!!!!! I forgot to take my morning dose so I figured screw it today is the day. So my plan is to not take anything today and then take .3 for 3 days. Then 2 days of nothing and then 2 days of .2 then 3 days off and one last .2 and that should be it. Thanks for the support! I could NOT have done this without this board and especially Robert's kind nature and help. I will be reporting back. Probably tonight. I am only experiencing mild nausea right now but the idea of not taking the medicine today is driving me nuts because of my addictive nature.. I am on Klonopin and I may take a little to take my mind off it....I don't want to trade addiction for addiction but it may be what happens. I already talked to my doc about getting off kpin and he said that it was easy a week to 2 weeks...I don't think I could do it without them which scares me a little but I have to do what works for me not other people...

Let me know how you are doing tomorrow and we'll make a plan for the rest of the week. I can help you with the klonopin, but you need to taper off them slowly if you get dependent. Want to avoid benzo dependency if at all possible. Let's talk tomorrow. Take care. God bless.

Hi Robert I was planning on waiting to take my next dose as long as I can. But I was planning on taking something tomorrow. As far as tonight goes I am not sleepy really but I think I will definitely be able to get a few hours in. No nausea yet just lots of anxiety which kinda feels like low level nausea...I have your taper advice thread bookmarked so I will check your advice on that. I will try my hardest to hold off on taking more subs until I hear from you again. THANK YOU
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-19-2012 at 12:32 AM. Reason: confusing

Just let me know how things are going Monday. I'm up kind of early today but will check on you later in the day. You're doing good! Just hang in there. God bless.

So. Life is really tough. My mom fatally od'ed on oxy,xanax and triavil sunday night. She had been ill with addiction for 20 years. She only recently got on the oxy. We hadnt been talking because it seemed she pushed everyone she loved out of her life. I am not ok at all. I am still sticking to my taper. Im not doing the same thing to my daughter. So Robert Monday was terrible! But not because of subs. I did double my dose of klonopin. I am feeling numb.

Quote Originally Posted by soundboy1 View Post
    So. Life is really tough. My mom fatally od'ed on oxy,xanax and triavil sunday night. She had been ill with addiction for 20 years. She only recently got on the oxy. We hadnt been talking because it seemed she pushed everyone she loved out of her life. I am not ok at all. I am still sticking to my taper. Im not doing the same thing to my daughter. So Robert Monday was terrible! But not because of subs. I did double my dose of klonopin. I am feeling numb.

soundboy ....... So sincerely sorry to hear that news. Shows once again how serious this addiction thing really is. You and your family remain in my prayers. There is nothing that using drugs makes better.

I commend you for your resolve to make sure your daughter doesn't have to go through what you have experienced in your life. That is the best way to honor your mom's memory, that this cycle of addiction be ended with you getting clean and staying that way.

She's not in pain any longer. This is most difficult for those left behind. I know what it is bury someone you love due to addiction. Keep your chin up bro! We are all here to support you at this difficult time. God bless.

Anonymous Guest

SB.....
    I don't usually jump in on sub taper threads but I just wanted to say I'm so very sorry for your loss. Very sorry.
    Marian

Melissa B is offline Member

So sorry to hear about your Mother. My condolences to you and your family. These are the times when life just seems to keep kicking us when we're down that we have to stand our ground and keep fighting! As Robert said, I commend you for your will to keep going and remember no matter what, it's always better when were not using! Again, very sorry for your loss.

Melissa
    Melissa

Soundboy ..... Pray that you are doing better today. Just wanted you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers. God bless.

Hello All,
    Thanks for the well wishes. I appreciate it. I wasn't able to stay as strong as I liked I was very emotionally unstable and at this point in the taper that seems to be my biggest problem. I had actually taken a day off on the sunday before my mom died. I took a dose monday morning and although I had planned on taking two days off I did not. I did taper from .3 to.2 though so I guess that's some progress. I may try to jump tomorrow. I mean this is a good time since I am already going through a lot of emotional stuff anyway. I don't expect I will relapse. It's been so long and I really saw opiate addiction for what it was while going through my suboxone thing. What's the point of taking something just to feel normal? Yeah it gets you high a few times but then you are just chasing it for as long as you let yourself. It's just so pointless. I am going to a grief therapist on Monday and see if she suggests changing meds right now though. It may be smart to stay on this small dose while I get my head together about my mother. Well thanks again everyone and I will be sure to check in when something happens. Thanks.

dago77 is offline Senior Member

Hi soundboy,

I read your thread. I'm so sorry, that is horrible news. These drugs can take anyone of us, even a mom. I hope your doing ok and hanging in there man.

I know your going through a lot and trying to stick your plan at the same time. You saying that you won't do that to you daughter is being a real man.

I know nothing anyone says can make things better. Just want you to know people are reading and thinking about you.

Stay strong brother.

I have never told my addiction story before so I may as well. I have always messed with opiates since high school. My grandmother died and there were dilaudid all over the place and I sold and snorted them. I dabbled with opiates the rest of my life. Messed with >>>>>> in 97 and got slightly addicted. Got clean without any real trouble by locking myself into my room and smoking weed.
    So fast forward to:
    May 22,2010 My father who was my best friend died after a long illness. In his stuff I found 4-500 hydros and a 300 xanax. I start taking them and drinking them but I kept my ???? together.
    June 2nd 2010 I get woken up to a positive pregnancy test stick in my face . Then 15 minutes later I get a phone call that my cousin had hung herself in her barn. I start drinking and popping pills like candy...
    June,17 2010 My mother in law is diagnosed with stage 4 lymphoma. This does not help my self control.
    June 21,2010 My Uncle dies of Alzheimers at 87. This funeral feels like a family reunion and a blessing....
    July 7th 2010 my cousin's husband dies. I had no idea he was ill. At this point it didn't matter who was dying I was taking pills and drinking all the time. Not every night though because I had a pregnant wife. But I would take trips to clean my dads house and get ruined.
    August 29th 2010 My Uncle dies suddenly with out warning. He is my 2nd closest male relative. His son is like my older brother. I am involved with an event that can't happen without me so I miss most of the funeral. I made it to the night wake but missed the funeral and feel like ????. So I get totally messed up for weeks.
    All this time my mother in law is dying more and more while my wife is getting more and more pregnant. It's sad because I saw the cancer killing her but how do you tell your wife? The few times I tried she dismisses me angrily. I can't blame her a bit. At this point I am out of hydros but I find oxys and percs all over the place. Cheap too.
    February 16th 2010 They pull the plug on my mother in law. So sad because she was a great person. not getting as messed up because
    February 19th 2010 Birth of my daughter Victoria!!!! Bittersweet to say the least. My wife is of course happy and could not have asked for better medicine for her pain. It helped me too but addiction had sunk in.
    March 2nd 2011 my 2nd closest female cousin dies at 44 from years of abuse. Her kidneys get shot. I go to the funeral and wake totally wasted on hydros,xanax,coke,adderall,beer and whiskey.
    March to August 2011. Lots of drinking and partying. I score lots of oxys and get introduced to subs as a party drug.
    August 2011 I decide to get subs so I can be high and not pay that much through insurance. Plan works!
    October 2011 I really see the error of my ways and decide to quit subs and then benzo's. I do ok and then I find this site and get help from Robert and really make progress. i expect to be clean in 2 weeks.
    And that's the story.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-23-2012 at 10:59 PM. Reason: forgot something

soundboy ...... Hang in there buddy! You'll make it, I can feel it! God bless.
    soundboy1 likes this.

Robert you posted at 11:11 that's a magic number in my house! I am ok. I am taking .2 for the foreseeable future. I don't see myself jumping again until I am a bit more emotionally stable. Not that long but I am going for some counseling this week and I just need to get a lot of stuff out. Thanks for checking in. I have a lot of family and friends who are checking on me which is very nice. But there's a special feeling in knowing that people I don't know took enough time out of their day to drop me a line. Thanks everyone.
    Ashleyy likes this.

kellennn is offline Member

I made two comments in this thread: https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...tml#post358029

They are specifically for you. I wasn't sure where you'd be looking more, this thread of there, so I posted them there as comments. I hope they help. I think they might, in a way, as much help as a stranger over the internet can hope to give, anyway.

Godspeed! I'll always be rooting for you!
    soundboy1 likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast