• 1 Post By Nicholas117
  • 1 Post By Nicholas117
  • 1 Post By James19871
  • 1 Post By Nicholas117
  • 1 Post By Ming23
I can't stop wanting to go get some sub! Help
    Nicholas117 is offline New Member

Default I can't stop wanting to go get some sub! Help

Im basically quitting cold turkey Im on my third day with nothing. The WD I can handle so far. My biggest problem is wanting it!! Any advice that could help me.
    Ming23 likes this.

Ming23 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas117 View Post
    Im basically quitting cold turkey Im on my third day with nothing. The WD I can handle so far. My biggest problem is wanting it!! Any advice that could help me.
    Hey Nicholas
    Please refresh our memory. Third day quitting what?

I've been taking suboxone for about a year now and I've tapered down to 1mg every other day. I ran out three days ago so I don't have anymore but I could get it if i wanted it. My withdrawals so far ain't bad, lack of sleep and just no energy. Whitch is tolerable, but I just can't get it out of my head that I want it or need it. I'm trying really hard but I just can't stop thinking about it.
    Ming23 likes this.

I've been taking suboxone for about a year now and I've tapered down to 1mg every other day. I ran out three days ago so I don't have anymore but I could get it if i wanted it. My withdrawals so far ain't bad, lack of sleep and just no energy. Whitch is tolerable, but I just can't get it out of my head that I want it or need it. I'm trying really hard but I just can't stop thinking about it.
    Hey Nicholas
    Hang in there. U jumped from a dose of 1 mg, which is a bit much. But u can do it!
    Get out of the house . Don't sit around thinking of drugs. Go to a meeting or the movies.
    You have to change your lifestyle not just drug habits.
    You can do this!!

James19871 is offline Member

Hi Nicholas,

So today must be day 6 for you? How are you doing? Don't turn back now, you made it so far!!

I'm on day 41 of no suboxone after 12 years. If I can do it, you can!

Hang in there brother!!
    Ming23 likes this.

Hey I appreciate the support and I'm doing pretty good now. The main problem I'm having now is lack of sleep. I just went and bought some 5mg melatonin to see if it will help. Has melatonin helped anyone else sleep and if so did it leave you feeling groggy the next morning?
    Ming23 likes this.

James19871 is offline Member

Hi Nicholas,

Malatonin definitely makes me drowsy. I still can't sleep a full night, but it definitely helps me fall asleep faster. Early on nothing worked because my RLS and anxiety were so bad. But once things calmed down, it worked well. I still use it to this day. As far as being groggy in the morning, hard to say because I've been dealing with extreme lethargy. However it's getting better and I'm now waking up feeling pretty good, even taking the Malatonin. My favorite supplement for sleep is a gummy vitamin called Restful Sleep. It's by a company called OLLY. Their sold at Target. Includes Malatonin, Passion Flower, and Valerian I think? I don't have them in front of me. I hope this helps. Please don't hesitate if you have any other questions.

Hey I appreciate the support and I'm doing pretty good now. The main problem I'm having now is lack of sleep. I just went and bought some 5mg melatonin to see if it will help. Has melatonin helped anyone else sleep and if so did it leave you feeling groggy the next morning?
    Hey Nicholas
    Proud of you! Yes, i use melatonin occasionally. 3 mg. I never wake up groggy from it.
    Sleepytime tea is good too.
    It's a whole other life now. I'm beginning to see that here's where some real work needs to be done by each of us after the taper. We have old mental habits that need to die. Really. Transformation is the name of the game.
    Your journey will help others who worried if they could succeed! Post when u can!
    Thanks for sharing your story!
    Hearshot_Kid likes this.

B-Y
    B-Y is offline New Member

Hang in there Nicholas, every time you want to use just think that you can't do it forever and you're going to have to go through this again so you might as well do it now. There is no way to be a functional human being while addicted to any opiates...YOU CAN DO IT!! I am on day 25 and starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel..as for sleep kratom/benzo get me 4-6 hours...but with all drugs use caution and only use what you need...keep going!!!!!