Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes
I desperately need help tapering off subs
    Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

I am glad you still feeling great!
    it is nice when exercise is built into the day.
    I walk to work too because not only does it take longer for me to park than to walk I know it is good for me..
    What kind of nursing do you like or have you done?
    I will check back later
    take care
    Iluv 2

PS : you know tolerance really doesn't have much to do with genetics right?

Thank you iluv. I prefer peds and obgyn nursing. I need a RN job ASAP! I'm gonna start looking as soon as I'm.off the sub. Idk why I've such an odd tolerance to any.drugs. always have since I was younger. Hope you are well xoxoxox
    Iluv2smile likes this.

MrJones is offline Member

So glad to see you’re faring better than before. Stick to the plan, trust the process.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

You really do sound like a different person Bubbles! I'm very happy for you. And I don't mean to sound negative one bit, but I'm gonna agree with a previous post of Kat's a little ways up about you going a bit fast. This stuff can jump up and bite you hard when you least expect it. Not saying it will. I really hope it works out for you. Take care and good luck!

Thank you all! I really appreciate all of your help so much. I still feel good on day 5 of 1mg. I'm gonna keep going. I'm pulling for all of you too. I wish the best for all of you too. Yay team taper! We will All succeed with this! I am a totally different person and feel much better away from that ahole and working and off those meds. Ty xoxoxox
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

The move was successful. I'm feeling a little withdrawal down at .5mg. I've been on it 3days. It's tolerable. I know I'm going fast but at this point I have to. There's quite a few reasons why I have to. Getting a nursing job is priority right now. Even tho I've a part time job my hours were just cut down. I've a ways to.go to get my DL and a car. I can't unless I work as a nurse. I'm willing to go thru a little Hell for a week or two to be clean. I was given comfort meds by my Dr for the wd. Trazadone to sleep and Clonidine and a few Klonopin for the jump. I know I didn't follow the taper specifically, I just can't drag this out. I might stay on .5mg for over a week. Depending on how I feel. Ty everyone. Hopefully everyone is doing well and feeling good. Xoxoxox

Well it crept up on me bad. I took another .5 and I'll start at .75 tomorrow for a week then .5 then .25 as I was told. I messed it up rushing and it bit me in the a** badly. I'm so sorry I didn't listen. I'll keep you updated. Ty xoxoxox
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Your are going be ok it is great that you came back and said you weren't feeling well doing it your way
    That will probaly save you
    Being honest
    You are strong and still doing great it is just this med is strong and very unpredictable!
    So keep on keeping on!
    Sucess is now taking the place of saboxone in your life..
    Take care
    Thank you for posting!

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BubbiesMommyRN View Post
    Well it crept up on me bad. I took another .5 and I'll start at .75 tomorrow for a week then .5 then .25 as I was told. I messed it up rushing and it bit me in the a** badly. I'm so sorry I didn't listen. I'll keep you updated. Ty xoxoxox
    Sometimes we have to learn the hard way. No worries, you can get right back on track now that you realize how tricky this stuff can be. We addicts always want it OUR way, and we want it NOW, sooner than later. It's extremely tough for us to listen to anyone else advising us how to do anything. I had the same problem too.

Just sloooow down and get completely stable BEFORE you reduce again. That is soooo important to understand. What needs to happen is the half life that has been building up with each dose taken needs to leave your system. And that is accomplished by slowing down our reductions and letting it dissapate.

There's NOTHING wrong with taking a little extra time to get off the sub. You wouldn't be failing - you would be doing the RIGHT thing! Take care.

Ready2LiveAgain is offline Junior Member

Good Morning,
    Sorry you were feeling unwell yesterday but adjusting your dose back up and re assessing your taper plan is the exact thing to do. Randy couldn't be more right about our addict side and it's instant gratification mentality. I have recently started subs myself and two days ago I messed myself up by spitting out part of my dose as I read somewhere it would help to alleviate the stomach pain I was experiencing. Long story short (sort of, lol) I have to stay at my induction dose two days longer than I had wanted to. But in the end getting free of the monster that has robbed us of our lives for so long is a marathon and not a sprint. It took me a long time to get to the point of addiction I was at in my life and the way I see it adding a few more days to your ultimate goal of getting clean will be just a blip on the radar when you look back. Stay strong, I am pulling for you!! Have a great day!!

RJ
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Rushing through a taper almost always comes back to bite us. We addicts suck at taking advice and being patient, lol. Glad that you're gonna follow the plan now. However, once you get down to .5mg, your next 25% drop will be to .375mg, NOT .25mg. Going from .5 to .25 is a 50% drop. Please, follow the 25% drop rule and you'll have a much smoother taper.

Have a good day
    Kat
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Thank you all so much for your support. I do usually learn the hard way. I really appreciate the string encouragement a lot. Things are looking up. I might actually get another part time job tomorrow as my hours at the restaurant were cut already. Thank you again. I'll check in after I go to .5mg in at least a week's time. I'm looking forward to this being over! I'm so excited and feeling better about it and myself each day! Thank you again all so much xoxox
    Iwantoff2013 and Iluv2smile like this.

Well I got 2 more part time jobs. Things are looking better here. At least I'll get my driver's license back soon. I'm definitely sick. I've had loose stools for almost a week. I guess my immune system is shot from all the stress and abuse. I'm.sleeping but not feeling refreshed when I wake up. Tomorrow is day 1 on .5mg we'll see how it goes. I don't work tomorrow but I do Tuesday thru Friday. I'll check in sometime tomorrow. Ty xoxoxox

Well I got 2 more part time jobs. Things are looking better here. At least I'll get my driver's license back soon. I'm definitely sick. I've had loose stools for almost a week. I guess my immune system is shot from all the stress and abuse. I'm.sleeping but not feeling refreshed when I wake up. Tomorrow is day 1 on .5mg we'll see how it goes. I don't work tomorrow but I do Tuesday thru Friday. I'll check in sometime tomorrow. Ty xoxoxox
    Nice!! Congrats on the other jobs, that's great news! You're starting to get your life back on track and I'm so happy for you. One step at a time, right? Sorry that you're having a few symptoms. Remember, don't rush. Just make sure you're stable before dropping to .375mg.

Talk to you soon.
    Kat
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Kat...I'm having a serious hard time cutting these things so small. I don't have 2mg strips. Idk how to get .375mg from the 8mg strips. If I feel alright after a week could I start skipping days like Roberts plans say? Just a thought Ty.

I'm also wondering why I've been so sweaty too but only in my perineal area. I start to sweat and have body odor within a few hours after a shower. Only there. Nowhere else though. It's really bizarre and I hope it won't last. Will that go away.

KSinMT is offline Member

BubbiesMommy I'm glad to read that you are doing so well and things seem to be getting better for you. Much better than when you first came here! Every time I see someone complain about the sweats I think of Kat, lol. I bet she'll have some pointers for you. There is a YouTube video made by a guy here about cutting the strips..just type 'cutting suboxone' into the search engine in there. Keep up the good work!
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.
    ~Kris~

Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Bubbiesmom: To get .375 take a .25mg. piece and add a .125mg. piece. If you need help cutting, google "cutting suboxone film" and go to videos and you will find a video by Randy Cumbie. He shows how to cut both 8mg. strips and 2mg. strips.

You are getting there!

Peace,

Iloerose
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

I did watch it a few times the video. The pieces are so small that's why I've a hard time cutting them even with tweezers and manicure scissors. I'll try but idk if it'll happen. Thank you. Hopefully everyone is doing well with their taper too.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

You'll get close, LOL. Yeah, it's hard, but you'll get it!

I'm on day 4 of .5mg and I feel fine. I feel better every day I take less! I can't believe the difference! Sbx is a good drug for short term help not this years and years stuff. The doctors who prescribed it don't know what it's like or anything about it, the side effects, the nightmare it'll become. I am nervous about jumping off and working but that's not for another almost 2 weeks. I'm guessing I'll do .375 then .25 then jump off or skip days. I'm a little confused as to when per Roberts plans. Idk how to tackle that aspect. I hope that everyone else is doing well with theirs. Its such a relief to never go to that Dr again or deal with anything related to sbx. It truly is a wonderful feeling knowing I'll be free, clean, aware, happy, functional, myself! I'm starting to be my old self again! I couldn't have done this without any of you and your undying support! Thank you all so much. Go Team Taper!
    Iwantoff2013 and Iluv2smile like this.

I'm on day 4 of .5mg and I feel fine. I feel better every day I take less! I can't believe the difference! Sbx is a good drug for short term help not this years and years stuff. The doctors who prescribed it don't know what it's like or anything about it, the side effects, the nightmare it'll become. I am nervous about jumping off and working but that's not for another almost 2 weeks. I'm guessing I'll do .375 then .25 then jump off or skip days. I'm a little confused as to when per Roberts plans. Idk how to tackle that aspect. I hope that everyone else is doing well with theirs. Its such a relief to never go to that Dr again or deal with anything related to sbx. It truly is a wonderful feeling knowing I'll be free, clean, aware, happy, functional, myself! I'm starting to be my old self again! I couldn't have done this without any of you and your undying support! Thank you all so much. Go Team Taper!
    Hey there. You sound great! Do you mean you're confused about skip days? Or the taper in general? As far as skip days: once you get down to .25mg and are stable, you'll skip one day. Then dose .25mg again. Skip two days. Dose. Skip three days. Dose. Once you've skipped 4 days, you're done! I highly recommend the skip days. They are designed to allow the half-life to catch up with itself.

Talk soon.
    Kat

Hi Kat! Yes I'm definitely much better than even 2 weeks ago. I feel awesome and I'm actually sleeping! I was put on Trazadone to sleep and for the depression and anxiety and it works very well and no side effects either! I've energy, more focus, better cognition etc. I'm so excited for this bittersweet ending! Ok now I understand the skip days. After being stable on .25 then do the skipping of days 1 thru 4 then it's OVER! Oh how excited I am to be FREE and SOBER for real for the first time in 5 years. I'm a little nervous too, only because both jobs are relatively new, I just don't want to get sick and mess up, my only fear. I also decided once I'm done I'm going to.start a local support group for people who want to do this too. I thought I'd give back to the community, just as you all have done for me. What do you think? Thank you again so much and take care.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Congratulations wow you have come so far!
    If you reread your thread you have gone through so much and made it..
    I think starting a support group is a great idea..
    Opiates are definetly an epidemic and when you share your story you will help others..
    That way you get to keep your recovery yourself!
    I will check back later..
    I am on my 2nd day 11/21 on 1mg .
    This drug is strange !
    I feel better too on a low dose..
    How much trazadone are you taking?
    I have some too but haven't needed it yet...
    Take care
    Iluv2
    Gratefulforfina likes this.

Yes I.have. so much has changed recently. Thank you. I take 100mg before bed. Puts me to sleep at least 6 hours Sometimes 8 if I get lucky. I also have some Clonidine too if necessary. That's great you are at 1mg! It feels amazing doesn't it? The less is more part. I can't wait for this to be over. So happy I've found you all by the grace of God I'm sure. Go team taper!

Last day at .5mg yay! I did get those silly little strips cut into .25 and .125mg somehow luckily. I start .375 tomorrow morning! This is amazing how I feel! I can't believe I'll be free in a few weeks but not get super sick. Never thought this was possible. I thank you all for it, all of you who have helped along the way. I've tried to find the original forum, to support others and can't find it on here. Any links that go directly to it? It's my duty to help others and give back to this community too. Ty xoxoxox

Last day at .5mg yay! I did get those silly little strips cut into .25 and .125mg somehow luckily. I start .375 tomorrow morning! This is amazing how I feel! I can't believe I'll be free in a few weeks but not get super sick. Never thought this was possible. I thank you all for it, all of you who have helped along the way. I've tried to find the original forum, to support others and can't find it on here. Any links that go directly to it? It's my duty to help others and give back to this community too. Ty xoxoxox
    So excited for you! Good luck with your drop tomorrow. I'm sure it will go smoothly.

To see other people's threads, go to the top of this page (left side, under the grey bar) and click on Suboxone Treatment. That will take you to the list of all the threads on the Sub board. You can click any one of them to reply to each member.

Kat
    hansdown likes this.

Hi Kat I feel great! I took it a few hours ago No problems. I do have slightly loose BMs though. that's been going on 2 weeks now. maybe I'm drinking too much coffee. I think I'll stay on .375 for 5 or 6 days then to .25 depending how it goes. This is so exciting! I'm so proud of myself and all of you too! Thank you so so so much for everything! Ok I'll check out the other threads when I'm home. I don't have MS Word I've to use a friend computer to update my resume to start applying for nursing jobs in a few weeks. Ty xoxoxox
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Hi BubbiesMommy,
    I can't believe how much of a difference there clearly is in you, in your life, in your Sub taper...!

You truly needed to make a change and you have done it. You continue to do it. You have all my respect.

Ya know, the odds really were stacked up against when you came to this forum. I reread my post to you from your first week and just the fact the the focus was on getting you out of that apartment and abussive relationship that you were in....in such a short time you have made huge changes.

You can do ANYTHING! Thank you for inspiring me.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.
    Peace!
    Beth/grateful

"Let our lives not be trapped by circumstances, and may love and redemption prevail"
    As shared by my good Friend, Kat!

Hi Beth! Thank you so much. I really appreciate the kind words and support! I do feel a lot better. Its day 3 of .375mg and the wd set in....I'm not sure if I.should take a .125mg piece and restart at .5mg again. I'm not trying to feel this bad especially at work, bc I can not take it. Thank you again so so much for helping me thru this. Most of the storm is over...its just taking baby steps towards goals now...one day at a time right? Go Team Taper! Xoxoxox

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast