Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree73Likes
I desperately need help tapering off subs

Hey Kat. No I didn't go to detox. Just got fed up enough and jumped. I have Clonidine it helps a little. Nothing is helping me sleep. I'm well hydrated. I also got the flu Monday which doesn't help. I'll ask for it tomorrow at the Dr. The neurontin or seriquel to sleep. I've bipolar so not much actually helps me sleep. I've terrible insomnia without physical withdrawal. Hopefully it lets up soon. I've get back to work but st home I can barely stand up for 15 minutes I'm so shaky and feel weak. Thank you for everything xoxoxox

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BubbiesMommyRN View Post
    Hey Kat. No I didn't go to detox. Just got fed up enough and jumped. I have Clonidine it helps a little. Nothing is helping me sleep. I'm well hydrated. I also got the flu Monday which doesn't help. I'll ask for it tomorrow at the Dr. The neurontin or seriquel to sleep. I've bipolar so not much actually helps me sleep. I've terrible insomnia without physical withdrawal. Hopefully it lets up soon. I've get back to work but st home I can barely stand up for 15 minutes I'm so shaky and feel weak. Thank you for everything xoxoxox
    Well, good for you! That took courage considering how frightened you were. I'm sorry about the sleep issues. Maybe your doc can prescribe something temporarily to help? Have you ever taken prescription sleep aids?

Congrats on a week clean! You must be happy about that

Did you get to spend Christmas with your daughter?
    Kat

HI Kat thank you! I am hoping it ends soon honestly it is wearing on me....not sleeping and the sweats etc.

Yes I did see her on christmas, how was yours? Thank you for asking. No I have not taken anything rx for sleep before except trazadone which obviously stopped working even at higher doses.

I am def asking tomorrow bc if i can sleep this nonsense off i would fare much better. Ty

I'm getting ready for the Dr appt. The sweats woke me up at 5am. 3 hours sleep. They are getting worse more intense and longer duration. Any ideas Why? I'm not sure what's going on here bc the physical seems to be worsening by the day. Ty

I'm getting ready for the Dr appt. The sweats woke me up at 5am. 3 hours sleep. They are getting worse more intense and longer duration. Any ideas Why? I'm not sure what's going on here bc the physical seems to be worsening by the day. Ty
    That is really quite strange. My guess is you're just experiencing the last of it. There's no reason you shouldn't be on the upswing soon. Ask your doc about a med called Baclofen. I believe it's non-addictive, but please confirm that with your doctor. It's a muscle relaxer and for whatever reason it totally helps with the sweats and chills.

Good luck! Post later when you get back.
    Kat

Ok Kat thank you I'll ask. I really appreciate it. I've taken it before years ago. I'll let you know how it goes. Hopefully it'll ease up soon. I react strangely to a lot of meds. But this really surprised me. It makes 0 sense right? I'm not crazy for thinking that lol right? Be in touch soon. Thank you for everything.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Hi! Just checking in on another RN that is in the boat I am in!

I know this is difficult and hard. I read through some of your thread and your difficulties getting stable when tapering. I often feel that I too have a high metabolism because I would feel WD sometimes on days I took my normal 2 mg, i would start to feel it toward the end of the day. Bizarre.

I'm two weeks off subs and I jumped at 2 mg well, 1 but I was only on it for a couple days and already WDing. I was sick of it too and because I want a new job and I just wanted to be done!
    Keep hanging in there!

Try the Valerian root for sleep! I used benzos at first and they really messed with my mood and they brought a mental grogginess of their own so it would really screw me up. Everything we put in our bodies has some sort of impact on us. The Valerian working for me now that I stopped the benzos.

I'm here if you need me. I'll be subscribing to your thread so I can keep up!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-19-2015 at 02:17 PM.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

I was just given more Trazadone and Vistaril. My tooth is infected too. I can't catch a break here. Hopefully thus let's up soon. I'm calling a dentist tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how it goes. Thank you both. Kristen how's the physical part going though? Ty xoxox

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Hi there..
    I am glad you are back posting..
    You are one strong woman..
    They used vistaril for sleep in the detox I went to ..
    Hopefully it will help you sleep..

The trazadone is strange at higher doses.
    I take 2 Valarian root ( 530mg each ( I think ) or 520mg
    And 2 Benadryl 25 mg each and I have been able to sleep..
    Have you tried Benadryl?

I know it works the opposite on some..
    I was just reading on another sub thread about natural products non addicting called
    Rescue remedy sleep and their is one for anxiety..
    A few people said they work..

This withdrawal ease you see advertised comes with a night time dose..
    I used it when I was tapering the methadone to go to sub..

It worked great and has all the necessary supplements in a day dose and nighttime dose..
    Hopefully something will give..
    Not sleeping sux..
    Take care
    Iluv2

Anonymous Guest

Hi! I'm doing okay. Each day is different, some better than others. Being busy really really does help. I am definitely more sensitive to pain, I used to have chronic UTIs and cystitis growing up, leading to kidney infections and I was on a bunch of meds for spasms and stuff, but then I took a liking to pain killers. I noticed that it's been flaring up a little bit more than usual. Usually happens when it's time for a new pack of birth control, I take it continuously and I'm two days late getting it. I feel a little lazy but when it comes to needing to do something, I can do it and get it done and I almost forget. End of my shift sucks though. Back gets sore and I get tired and whatever. Not to make you think it's that bad, it's improving!

Sorry to hear about your tooth. Mouth pain the worst. I actually got on here the first time after I had tapered sub to the smallest sliver ever, I was forgetting to dose. I think I took 0.2 or less a day. I pre-cut everything and put in foils and everything was labeled "x mg * #days", usually about a week. I ended up with an infected root canal, of course sub didn't touch it. I denied pain killers for about 2 months before I caved - ended with the thing pulled anyways, they couldn't save it. I was on 7 different antibiotics in six months. I did well with the pain killers, only as needed until the script ran out. Then back on the wagon for a few months, until it was pulled and that was over. I was so upset. I had to start tapering again. I think I got off around 0.5mg a few months later. I was so close to the end. I forget what you tapered too, but it will get better. 2 mg is a lot and I still don't feel amazing but I'm getting there. I'm sleeping with Valerian. I have a lot of crazy dreams as of late, adjusting to that is difficult. Some are nightmares, but I dunno. I think my brain is just adjusting, or trying to.

At least I'm getting a little sleep!

Keep us updated with the dentist, I remember when I went through that, it was some tricky stuff to keep away from the pain killers. I honestly was a 10 out of 10 on the pain scale though. I haven't felt anything worse pain wise in my life. So, get it under control asap! The antibiotics will do wonders if it hasn't progressed into what I had, which was in my jaw bone and everything. I really said no over and over and one day the orthodontist saw me wincing and crying before he even touched my mouth and I hadn't slept in days and he was like, that's it. You need something for pain. Why won't you take anything? I'm writing a script... So, I had them given to me by my fiance as needed which was like q6h but as I ran out, that thing in me clicked back on and I was still in pain, or at least that's what I told myself, and I ended up on a little bender...I caught it early though.

Keep us updated.
    Hope you're doing well today.

All of my posts are disappearing.... I have been posting for 4 days and none are showing up.

All of my posts are disappearing.... I have been posting for 4 days and none are showing up.
    Huh, that's strange. I read one or two before they disappeared. Maybe it's a glitch since you didn't post anything bad.

How are you??
    Kat

Anonymous Guest

I saw a couple via email since I subscribed to your thread. How are you? Are you posting via phone? I seem to have a lot of trouble with that!

I'm.not sure what's going on here. With my body or the posts.

My posts keep disappearing. I'm not sure why. Anyhow I thought I was homefree. Now I'm really struggling. My heart is racing. Shaking. Totally exhausted. I haven't been to work yet I'm scared to go. Anyone know what this is about? Or what I should do. I'm not really sleeping much either. Idk what's going on here. I'm miserable for sure. Any little thing I do exhausts me. I feel lightheadedness standing up. Feeling like I'm gonna pass out. Ty

My posts keep disappearing. I'm not sure why. Anyhow I thought I was homefree. Now I'm really struggling. My heart is racing. Shaking. Totally exhausted. I haven't been to work yet I'm scared to go. Anyone know what this is about? Or what I should do. I'm not really sleeping much either. Idk what's going on here. I'm miserable for sure. Any little thing I do exhausts me. I feel lightheadedness standing up. Feeling like I'm gonna pass out. Ty
    Hey there. Feeling fatigued is very common after stopping any opiate, including Sub. The shakiness is a bit strange at this point. Sleep will return to normal. I know it sucks. Have you tried any energy supplements? They help.

Feeling lightheaded seems kinda weird, too. Maybe you should see your doctor for a physical. Hang in there, my friend. This, too, shall pass.

Hugs,
    Kat

opiaddict is offline New Member

Can you please read my thread and give me advice I jumped off subs on day 9 at a 24mg dose but I'm just cold sweats irritable can you just please read my post and let me know how long the detox was you said the paws was 7 months just please I need advice

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567